Thread: Unit 731 and Men Behind the Sun

Danny62 Guest

Unit 731 and Men Behind the Sun

http://www.centurychina.com/wiihist/germwar/germwar.htm

You might want to use caution reading this link?

And most of the Japanese who did these experiments got off by providing the US with the notes to the experiments!

I am sure Onehunglow has heard of Unit731 being a world war II buff also like myself?

onehunglow Guest

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    http://www.centurychina.com/wiihist/germwar/germwar.htm

You might want to use caution reading this link?

And most of the Japanese who did these experiments got off by providing the US with the notes to the experiments!

They also were into germ warfare. They took great pride in seeing people suffer at their hands. For the record I don't buy they were close to surrender and the bombs didn't need to be dropped. The only mistake Truman made was not using them on the Chicoms and Uncle Joe. Had he done so Korea would have never happened as well as the growth of the USSR. Some one has to lose.

I am sure Onehunglow has heard of Unit731 being a world war II buff also like myself?

Our government made a deal with the devil on this one.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Our government made a deal with the devil on this one.

Yeah I watched a show once and I could not believe it! Why didn't we just take the damn documents and deal with these fuckers by executing them?

Seagorath Guest
    Ahh...glad this thread was established...Here is the disturbing movie about Unit 731...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_Behind_the_Sun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

RaRaRamona Guest
    I definitely couldn't watch a movie about any of that. I can barely stand to think about it.

Lisamarie Guest
    man oh man!! Yeah the movie is suppose to be really bad!! I hate the pic of the poor preggo girl!! God allmighty!!! I didint realize that was her baby by her leg.....your telling me they cut that baby outta her after that DR had raped her?? All while she was awake??

sunshine74137 Guest
    I hope some of the doctors got infected by accident

Seagorath Guest
    Unit 731 was doing "important research" for the U.S. Government...if you really want to know the truth. You can read about this on wikipedia. I'm sure they were all paid pretty handsomely for it...scumbags.

Lisamarie Guest
    stuff like this scares the hell outta me!!!

Jazbabee Guest
    Scary as hell.....I had never heard of this, thanks for posting !!

hoxharding Guest

Trailer for 'Philosophy of a Knife'(WARNING-Very graphic and gross)

Unearthed Films has a dvd that is titled 'Philosophy of a Knife'
    The summary states it is based on the true story of Unit 731-that it is the complete history. It is part documentary-part feature(recreated) told from the perspective of a young nurse and a young officer.
    They also state that the film is one of the most violent,brutal and harrowing films ever to be made.
    I just viewed this trailer and didn't make it through all of it. So when my warning says it is brutal and gross, I am NOT joking. Please think about clicking on the link before you decide if you want to view the trailer!
    http://www.unearthedfilms.com/trailers/philosophy.htm

AaronVail Guest

Unit 731

Whilst doing my usual research on the horror that is the Third Reich and their horrible human experimentation, I stumbled upon the crimes of war Japan committed from 1937-1945. This is some awful stuff. Could you imagine being a POW and subjected to this? A lot of people think we live in an awful time, but living in Europe, Japan or the USSR from the late 30's until the 50's, was something else altogether.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

MorbidMolly Guest
    I had 2 Great Uncles that went through this......never talked about it....went on to wonderful careers and raised wonderful children....but sometimes, if you looked really close, you saw the overwhelming sadness in their eyes....like something had been robbed from them....even as a child I saw this.....maybe because I WAS a child I saw this

AaronVail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidMolly View Post
    I had 2 Great Uncles that went through this......never talked about it....went on to wonderful careers and raised wonderful children....but sometimes, if you looked really close, you saw the overwhelming sadness in their eyes....like something had been robbed from them....even as a child I saw this.....maybe because I WAS a child I saw this
    Holy crap.

wow that was horrible to read. Horrible human suffering

AaronVail Guest
    The thing that perplexed me is that a lot of these doctors and scientists went on to work for major companies, years later. I guess all really is fair in love and war.

omgosh. How could any company hire them. Course they probably didnt advertise their past employment. But wow, to not answer for what they did? I tend to tell myself that karma is kicking their asses and making them pay in the afterlife, for those that are dead, and making them have horrible old lives for the ones that are still alive. But I would still like to see those ppl go thru the torture and immense pain they put their victims thru.

FFS...that was incredibly hard to read. I know people feel a distance when just reading about something but I actually picture what was done and think of the REAL PEOPLE...and all the pain the person went through makes my head, heart and stomach ache.

Thanks for posting this though, it was awful but needs to be known.
    Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. ~Tenzin Gyatso, 14th Dalai Lama

AaronVail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleRain View Post
    omgosh. How could any company hire them. Course they probably didnt advertise their past employment. But wow, to not answer for what they did? I tend to tell myself that karma is kicking their asses and making them pay in the afterlife, for those that are dead, and making them have horrible old lives for the ones that are still alive. But I would still like to see those ppl go thru the torture and immense pain they put their victims thru.
    Some former members of Unit 731 became part of the Japanese medical establishment. Others headed U.S.-backed medical schools or worked for the Japanese health ministry.
    The medical info was deemed valuable for the US military. A lot of German scientists were brought over as well.

I think there may be a thread on this somewhere. Anyone remember it or am I dreaming?
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

AaronVail Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    I think there may be a thread on this somewhere. Anyone remember it or am I dreaming?
    I wondered that myself, but searched and found nothing.

Yes there was a thread about it but I can't remember when or where. There was a link to a film about it called darkness of the sun (or something) where a Chinese woman has her hands and arms covered in freezing water and then the flesh is stripped to the bone in a lab for some students. Grim Stuff

hoxharding Guest
    There is a thread-I don't know where it is either.
    If you want to see a new film that really did research(you can look all the details up if your interested in the film)
    It is titled 'Philosophy of the Knife' which is about Unit 731 and is about 3-4 hours(?) long.
    It is now considered one of the most brutal films created and supposedly is even worse than Men Behind the Sun.

sweetie103 Guest
    wow, the things people do to each other. Ive never heard of this.

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    My Dad always said that the Japanese were far worse to their captives than the Germans... but you don't hear about it half as much. Why is that? Maybe like Morbid Molly said... the survivors just don't like talking about it.

This is a great thread, very informative

Seagorath Guest
    There is a movie about this entitled "Men Behind the Sun" and it's excruciating to watch...(Not for the squeamish)...

Hell, I started to post a clip of the most heinous scenes...and it would've gotten me BANNED..no doubt...

Goddamn, I can't believe Youtube allowed that...

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    There is a movie about this entitled "Men Behind the Sun" and it's excruciating to watch...(Not for the squeamish)...

Hell, I started to post a clip of the most heinous scenes...and it would've gotten me BANNED..no doubt...

Goddamn, I can't believe Youtube allowed that...
    I dont know why I bought that movie. There is a scene in which a live cat gets eaten by hundreds of starved rats.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Seagorath Guest
    Damn...and the scene I saw was ILLEGAL to the MAX... That movie is FUGGED up.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    I dont know why I bought that movie. There is a scene in which a live cat gets eaten by hundreds of starved rats.

Fujicakes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    There's a humongous debate on the IMDB boards over whether or not the cat was actually eaten. I didn't read the whole thing though, it's late and 90% of it is just one long nonsensical ranting. I believe they mentioned a clip of the director explaining it.

Crazy Cat Lady Guest
    I bought 'Men Behind the Sun,' but couldn't watch more than a few minutes of it. Just too awful.