Thread: Debra Jeter, "I Just Killed My Children"

SEL2323 Guest

Debra Jeter, "I Just Killed My Children"

HILLSBORO (May 26, 2010)--Debra Jeter, 33, who was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole Tuesday, can be heard on a 911 dispatch tape released Wednesday imploring the operator to speed an ambulance to the abandoned house in Hill County where she used a knife in an attack that left her younger daughter dead and her older daughter badly wounded.
    ??I just killed my children,? Jeter told the dispatcher.

Then she said, ??One of them is still alive, hurry.?
    ??Get an ambulance out here to save the one that didn??t die,? she said.
    ??Come on, hurry up.?
    Later she can be heard saying, ??Oh my God, she??s dead. Oh My God.?

Jeter pleaded guilty Tuesday to capital murder and attempted capital murder after accepting a plea deal with prosecutors that spared her the possibility of a death sentence.
    She entered the plea one day after what would have been her slain daughter??s 13th birthday.
    Assistant District Attorney Nicole Crain, however, said Jeter??s decision to plead guilty will make things easier on the family and specifically on her surviving daughter, who would have had to testify against her mother.
    She??s now 14 and was on a school field trip Tuesday, her father said.
    Jeter was arrested on June 5, 2009 after placing the 911 call.
    Hill County deputies, Hillsboro police and state troopers converged on the abandoned farmhouse on U.S. 77 just off Interstate 35 and found Jeter in the garage with her hands raised above the head.
    Officers found 12-year-old Kelsey Leanne Jeter dead inside the house and13-year-old Kiersten Leigh Jeter critically injured in a bedroom.
    Authorities said Kiersten, had a stab wound in her back and evidently tried to protect her younger sister during the attack.
    Authorities said Debra Jeter and her estranged husband were in the middle of a divorce and said that she was picking up the girls for the first time under the terms of a custody order.
    Emergency personnel responded to a 911 call from Jeter??s residence reporting an overdose on May 21, 2009, authorities said.
    She was referred to the Waco-based Heart of Texas Region MHMR after the 911 call.

SEL2323 Guest

candleinthewind Guest
    Damn bitch! Don't take it out on the kids. I can see why there were custody issues.

OMG! That's terrible. Those poor kids.
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Nicki Guest
    My god, she sounded so cold. Those poor little girls. This is when you really question if there is a God.

I don't think I can listed to the call. Or maybe I'll just have to wait until a day I am feeling stronger. For some reason I'm in a funk today.
    Poor kids. I always think its even sadder when you hear about one sibling trying to protect another.

And this just makes me wonder if the Dad was not listened to about this woman. I am so afraid my husband's ex will "go off" on his daughter one day (we have full custody, but she has visitation). But it is SO hard to protect your children from a spouse, even in court. ESPECIALLY if it is a mother. Basically the child has to be physically hurt before anyone will listen.

I hate this parents have rights bullshit. What about the rights of the children?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

steffie Guest
    I wanna stab that bitch!!!!
    I cannot believe that call.

sockmonkey Guest

Woman Calls 9-1-1 To Say She's Killed Her Kids

First post so here goes...

A 32-year-old Hillsboro woman is in the Hill County Law Enforcement Center after calling 9-1-1 to say she had "just killed her children."

Debra Janelle Jeter is being held on one count of murder and one count of attempted capital murder.

Hill County Sheriff's officials tell CBS 11 they were called around 10:00 Friday evening to an abandoned farm house just north of Interstate 35 on Highway 77.

Sheriff's deputies, Hillsboro police officers and Department of Public Safety troopers found the suspect inside the garage with her hands above her head, she was ordered to the ground and detained without incident.

Inside the home authorities found the woman's 12-year-old daughter Kelsey Leanne dead in a bathroom and her 13-year-old sister critically injured in a bedroom. Both girls had their throats cut.

The 13-year-old was treated by Hillsboro Fire/Rescue personnel before being flown to a Dallas hospital where she underwent surgery. The girl is said to be in Critical condition at Parkland Hospital according to Sheriff Jeffery T. Lyon.

The mother was transported to the Hill County Law Enforcement Center before being taken to a Hillsboro hospital. She was later returned to jail and put on suicide watch. Bond has been set at 1.5 million dollars.

The Texas Department of Public Safety mobile crime lab from Waco was called in to process the crime scene. A knife believed to be the murder weapon was found in Jeter's car.

People close to the family tell CBS 11 Jeter and her husband were in the process of getting a divorce. She had gone to court last week to get visitation rights with her daughters for the weekend.
    Robert Miller is a friend of Jeter's ex-husband, he told CBS 11 "She said she had a suprise for them, then they went down the road."

KHBR Radio in Hillsboro reports the Hillsboro school district will have counselors at Hillsboro Intermediate School and Hillsboro Junior High School Monday morning for any students needing assistance.

Sheriff Lyon says they have asked Jeter what her motive was. "She has not yielded any information as to why this happened or why this occured."

http://cbs11tv.com/local/Hillsboro.m...2.1034235.html

Town Without Pity Guest
    I don't understand these kind of parents, the ones that are in a custody battle and kill their children....what is that going to fix...She should never be let out of prison. And her poor daughter to live through that, your own Mother trying to kill you, the nightmares she must live with, poor thing.

Sam Guest
    I saw this on "Nancy Grace". I wonder how the girl who survived is doing?

trishsixxm Guest
    So she goes to court to get visitation with her daughters just so she could kill them. Wow what a cold hearted bitch! I'm floored by this. Not surprised just floored at the cruelity of it all. RIP Kelsey.

tydtm Guest
    Wow to that.

STORMIE Guest
    This is just disturbing.

carebearsluv Guest
    Hillsboro, Texas?

So sad

Let me guess - I hope she don't play the Andrea Yates card....

The Dad was on Nancy and said the surving daughter is doing well with her injuries, but feels guilty and misses her sister terribly. She is very confused and the Dad says he feels guilty because he never thought it would come to this.
    My Posse's On Broadway

RLR12 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sockmonkey View Post
    First post so here goes...
    Welcome Sock Monkey!!

stacebabe Guest
    I can never understand this. I can understand hating your spouse and doing all you can to make their lives miserable, but to me, that would mean like flattening tires or something. I could never, EVER, hurt my children. I can't imagine their presence not being on this earth - they have so much to bring and so much to become. And besides that there's the obvious, I'm a MOM and NORMAL MOTHERS DON'T HURT THEIR FRIGGIN' CHILDREN. I would off myself in a SECOND before I'd let anything happen to them.

Mammy Guest
    What a selfish, vindictive bitch! I guess if she couldn't have them then their Dad wouldn't either. In her mind- what better way to destroy her ex's life than to take away the people that he loved the most. So sad!