Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Celebrity Death Karma?

I know I'm just asking for it here, but I don't really believe in karma or any of that what goes around comes around stuff per se.

I mean, good things happen to bad people all the time and vice versa, a lot of time with no rhyme or reason and it's left at that; I think actions, consequences, cause and effect, occur based on/because of a particular situation, not because you did something else in the past and now you're getting bitten in the ass for it.

If life was based on such, I think the world would be in a hell of a lot better shape than it is.

Just me though.
    ??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.? - Michael Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    I'm picking up a lot of negativity in regards to Karma. With things like "Karma is a bitch" or "They're gonna get what's coming to them because of karma." etc.

Well I think that Karma applies when you do good things too. "What goes around, comes around" can apply to doing good deeds as well.

So what do you think? Is karma just for bad things or bad and good things?
    There's also the mixed bag of learning from your mistakes. I think Karma's a great teacher like that.

tarsier Guest

Not Heaven but Karma

I believe I will be reincarnated come back to relive my mistakes until eventually I get them right. This current incarnation deals with "pride" for me; a need to learn to get over myself.

If it's not too personal what would be your Karmic Lesson in this life? Is there a recurring theme you are now living?

Great question, Tarsier. I need to stew on this for a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am lazy. I will come back as a prisoner breaking up rocks doing hard time. This bothers me, but not enough to change.

jeca Guest
    I let myself be taken advantage of, over and over again. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be learning from it, though, other than how to deal with the heartache.

That's easy- I get $hit on by everyone! I'm coming back as a TOILET!! And probably not as a top of the line gold plated fancy one- I'll end up as a nasty one in a bus stop or something!

8. 01-24-2009, 11:45 AM

Doug81506 Guest
    i try not to get serious on here, but my main problem is narcissism. i really think that i am in love with my own image and myself. this has prevented me from ever finding completeness and happiness in any relationship. i can attract, but never keep. this causes me to be alone and doing stupid things to attract only to drive them away.

l think i am doomed to repeat this.

Fluffy-54 Guest
    I actually believe I'm here this time around for a reason - to fulfill a mission I agreed to before I was born. I've sort of felt that ever since I was a kid but it didn't become apparent until about 15 years ago and then a lot of things began to fall into place. Basically it involves me practising a lot of self discipline for the ultimate benefit of others.

I suppose what happens in my next life will depend on how well I do what I have to do in this one ...

tarsier Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jeca View Post
    I let myself be taken advantage of, over and over again. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be learning from it, though, other than how to deal with the heartache.
    I can't help but think this is a lesson in standing up for yourself the opposite of mine I have to learn to stand down to let other people help me
    while maybe you are being led to greater self dependency?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy-54 View Post
    I actually believe I'm here this time around for a reason - to fulfill a mission I agreed to before I was born. I've sort of felt that ever since I was a kid but it didn't become apparent until about 15 years ago and then a lot of things began to fall into place. Basically it involves me practising a lot of self discipline for the ultimate benefit of others.

I suppose what happens in my next life will depend on how well I do what I have to do in this one ...
    That really made a lot of sense to me although I do not know what my mission is yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

well, I'm pretty much the laziest person I know. Oh..I DO things, if I can get myself going, its just getting started that is the pits.
    SO lets see..next life..?? I have NO idea. Was going to say a person that starts races..but thats getting other people stated. lol

Guest Guest
    Too deep for me on a Monday morning

DexterKitty Guest
    IMO... we reap what we sow. What goes around comes around... so to speak.

Dollyplum Guest
    My lesson is not to over analyse things. I am terrible! I have to learn to make a decision on things and to stick to it. Never return to it, after all you cannot undo stupid as much as you cannot change the past. Whats done is done.

PurrPurr Guest

Karma - do you believe?

I believe in karma. It's logical to think that there's actions to our consequences. In the long run, no one has the power to control fate. I don't think that revenge is logical; revenge is only driven by emotion. If someone hurts me, I will not hurt this person, because I figure karma will bite them in the butt soon enough.

There's also the saying, "If you do good, the good comes back to you." I believe the opposite also rings true.

Wiccan Law of Threes, Yin Yang, Golden Rule, etc. Its a common theme running through modern humanity up to until and excluding most late 20th century judicial systems.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

jaylene Guest
    Absolutely believe in karma. Just heard yesterday of
    someone that karma got them by the ass. And it came
    back to them 10 fold! HA!

Didn't do poor Earl any good in the long run.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

mandee1005 Guest
    I believe in it. I'm not one to seek revenge..though I do sit and ponder all the ways I could, but I do know that it will come back on them. As they say, Karma is a bitch.

Crazy Cat Lady Guest
    I'd love to believe in it.

knothere Guest
    i believe if i do good things it benefits me n others
    but is karma gona get ppl who have done me wrong no i will

Believer!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Big believer here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

tarsier Guest
    It's one of the guiding principles of my life; I've seen it play out too often not to believe.

Seagorath Guest
    I have seen the realities of Karma time and time again.

I follow the Law of Return (a variant on the Wiccan Law of Three) in which whatever you give out comes back to you. It's not always immediate, but if you lie and cheat and stab people in the back, you eventually find yourself among liars and cheaters who stab you in the back. On the other side, people treating others kindly and generously tend be find they are treated kindly and generously by others ("Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.").

At the very least, treating someone like shit makes me feel like shit, and I can't believe routinely miserable, angry people don't drop dead from the sheer exhaustion caused by generating hostility and hate 24/7. You don't have to paste a fake smile on all the time, but simply treating others decently makes a big difference, at least for me and my mental health and sense of dignity.

Karma has always interested me because it is tough to identify the mechanics of it, but boy is it real. Yes I believe in it and it has caused me to stay on the straight and narrow more than once.

I believe in karma. I do think that if you do bad things to others it will eventually come back to you (and I've seen this happen). A lot of it makes sense. No one likes assholes, treat enough people badly and, directly or otherwise, these people will get back at you.

STORMIE Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amaranthaseven View Post
    At the very least, treating someone like shit makes me feel like shit, and I can't believe routinely miserable, angry people don't drop dead from the sheer exhaustion caused by generating hostility and hate 24/7. You don't have to paste a fake smile on all the time, but simply treating others decently makes a big difference, at least for me and my mental health and sense of dignity.
    I always thought it would just wear me out to try to keep hate going in me at all times. I believe in treating people as you would want to be treated. Maybe it doesn't always work out that way, but I really do try.

I do believe in Karma because my wife and I lead such a good clean life and nothing ever goes right for us.
    I always say that in a past life I must have raped a nun, gave a priest the closer, maybe I drove a car full of school kids over a cliff.
    I'd like to know why I am being punished so severely in this lifetime.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

CORONERGAL Guest
    I absloutely believe in Karma. I have seen it kick the shit out of a lot of people around me, and yes, they very much deserved it. Whenever someone crosses the line and does something bad to me, I tell them "Just remember...Karmas' a bitch, and so am I!".

Nicki Guest
    I am hoping Karma exists because I do personally know one individual out there that deserves it ten fold! Trust me ...... there are people that deserve to get paid back what they have forced on innocent children.

Yes I'm a believer in karma, if a person thinks only bad thoughts
    about another.(Just don't do it)
    Also never speak ill of the dead.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

candleinthewind Guest
    Call it karma, the golden rule, la forza del destina, but bad people usually get whats coming to them. It doesn't always seem like the good are rewarded but bad people ALWAYS meet a bad end sooner or later. I've seen it again and again.

I don't think Karma is really out there...I see too many shits with great lives, and too many wonderful people that have had shitty ones. I have a cousin that has literally done everything right. BUT..... Her Mom died on her 16th birthday. She was brutally raped and very nearly murdered while at home from the hospital recovering from anal surgery. (guess how he raped her) Her beloved stepmother died. Her best friend died in a car crash. She lived thru a divorce. She was laid off from her job last year. Her wonderful new husband dropped dead last month. She is bankrupt, going to lose her house, and is not yet 40. She would give anything for an decent job (she is looking, believe me) and just not have a tragedy every few months. Incredibly, she is not insane or bitter. I would be both.

Carrie Guest
    I don't believe in Karma either.

Heavenly Tiger Guest
    I have a yes and no belief in it. It seems to get some people for the crap they do to others but it does not account for the bad that happens to others who are genuinely good persons.

Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    Call it karma, the golden rule, la forza del destina, but bad people usually get whats coming to them. It doesn't always seem like the good are rewarded but bad people ALWAYS meet a bad end sooner or later. I've seen it again and again.
    Yes I agree.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

For the most part I have always believed "what goes around comes around."

What about No good deed goes unpunished?
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    What about No good deed goes unpunished?
    Unfortunately bad things do happen to good people. Eventually things will turn around. Not with the snap of a finger, but slowly and surely, things will get better.

mandee1005 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Unfortunately bad things do happen to good people. Eventually things will turn around. Not with the snap of a finger, but slowly and surely, things will get better.
    I agree 100%. Who to say that the asshole who's done bad by people all his life and has it made isn't suffering from self torment? I think people go through things for a reason. I proved that very thing to my mom. She questioned how she was suppose to handle my brothers death and she didn't understand why it happend to her. About a year later, a close friend of hers lost a nephew who she treated like a son. My mom was able to help her through it and it gave her someone to talk to. I guess you can say its learning from your experiences and moving forward. I like to look at the bad things that happend to me and question what can I learn out of it and use it in a better way later on. Things don't bother me that bad anymore since I took that way of thinking.