Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lynn Redgrave

NewYorkDoll Guest

Lynn Redgrave

BREAKING: MSNBC has just reported her dead at 67.

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    Heard this just now as I was flipping past The View. In rather a bit of shock. Hadn't expected this right now. It's been just over a year since the family lost Natasha, too....what a blow for them.

RIP, Ms. Redgrave. You were one of the greats.

Just read this on Yahoo.....

RIP Ms. Redgrave.......
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

Noreen Guest
    Awww sad. She was a great Lady

RIP Lynn

It hasn't been that long since Corin died either. She was working on a play about their mother recently.

STsFirstmate Guest
    What a tough year or so for this family!
    RIP Lynn!
    regards,
    Mary

PurrPurr Guest
    Source: http://www.latimes.com/news/la-mew-l...,1494705.story

NEW YORK-Lynn Redgrave, an introspective and independent player in her family's acting dynasty who became a 1960s sensation as the freethinking title character of "Georgy Girl" and later dramatized her troubled past in such one-woman stage performances "Shakespeare for My Father" and "Nightingale," has died. She was 67.

Her publicist Rick Miramontez, speaking on behalf of her children, said Redgrave died peacefully Sunday night at her home in Connecticut. Children Ben, Pema and Annabel were with her.

"Our beloved mother Lynn Rachel passed away peacefully after a seven year journey with breast cancer," they said in a statement Monday. "She lived, loved and worked harder than ever before. The endless memories she created as a mother, grandmother, writer, actor and friend will sustain us for the rest of our lives. Our entire family asks for privacy through this difficult time."

Receive breaking news alerts on your mobile device. Register »

Her death comes a year after her niece Natasha Richardson died from head injuries sustained in a skiing accident and just a month after the death of her older brother, Corin Redgrave.

The youngest child of Michael Redgrave and Rachel Kempson, Lynn Redgrave never quite managed the acclaim -- or notoriety -- of elder sibling Vanessa Redgrave, but received Oscar nominations for "Georgy Girl" and "Gods and Monsters," and Tony nominations for "Mrs. Warren's Profession," "Shakespeare for My Father" and "The Constant Wife." In recent years, she also made appearances in the television shows "Ugly Betty," "Law & Order" and "Desperate Housewives."

"Vanessa was the one expected to be the great actress," Lynn Redgrave told The Associated Press in 1999. "It was always, 'Corin's the brain, Vanessa the shining star, oh, and then there's Lynn."'

In the theater, Redgrave, with her striking dark red hair, often displayed a sunny, sweet and open personality, much like her ebullient offstage personality. It worked well in such shows as "Black Comedy," her Broadway debut in 1972 and again two years later in "My Fat Friend," a comedy about an overweight young woman who sheds pounds to find romance.

Tall and blue-eyed like her sister, she was as open about her personal life as Vanessa has been about politics. In plays and in interviews, Lynn Redgrave confided about her family, her marriage and her health. She acknowledged that she suffered from bulimia and served as a spokeswoman for Weight Watchers. With daughter Annabel Clark, she released a 2004 book about her fight with cancer, "Journal: A Mother and Daughter's Recovery From Breast Cancer."

Copyright © 2010, The Los Angeles Times

Frekkin cancer. Rest in peace, Lynn. You were funny on "Fridays".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Oh, noooooo! I loved her. RIP Lynn
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

So sad to hear this.. she was such a lady. And 67 is no age

RIP Lynn
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Love is the answer - and you know that for sure.

R.I.P. Lynn
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I thought she was lovely in Georgy Girl. Will be hearing the theme song in my noggin the rest of the day. R.I.P. Miz Redgrave.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Tebssis Guest
    Wow, really hated to hear this. 67 is rather young by today's standard to pass. Bless her heart.
    Georgy Girl was kind of a pivotal movie for me as a young girl. The ending was a wake up call for me that not all women married for love, security is important too. Was really dissappointed when she didn't get an Oscar for this role because she was great. And I absolutely love/loved her voice. Throaty but femimine.
    RIP Lynn. We'll miss you.

cachluv Guest

James Mason and Lynn Redgrave in Georgy Girl.

cachluv Guest

cachluv Guest

Jazbabee Guest
    Awww RIP Lynn, she will be missed !!

I always really liked her, my favorite of the Redgraves for sure. Such a hard time for the family. I am so sad that so many women of all ages are dying of breast cancer.

Excellent pics, Cachluv.

BeeCee Guest
    Just heard this...very sad year for the Redgraves. I kept seeing her pop up in one film or another and had no idea she was ill.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tebssis View Post
    Wow, really hated to hear this. 67 is rather young by today's standard to pass. Bless her heart.
    Georgy Girl was kind of a pivotal movie for me as a young girl. The ending was a wake up call for me that not all women married for love, security is important too. Was really dissappointed when she didn't get an Oscar for this role because she was great. And I absolutely love/loved her voice. Throaty but femimine.
    RIP Lynn. We'll miss you.
    Yeah, Georgy Girl is gone.
    You're 100% correct Tebs, she should have won the Oscar for her amazing performance in that film. I have the dvd and still watch it every now and then, LOVE that movie.
    And thanks Bon for all the great photos. I'm so sad about this--sad for Vanessa too, she must be thoroughly rattled at this point, having lost her sister, brother and daughter, all within about a year. Very tragic.
    Lynn, you will be sorely missed.
    Last edited by Jack-O-Lantern; 05-03-2010 at 11:06 AM.

Giada Guest
    Sad news. I can't help but think of Vanessa, and how diffult this must be for her.

Safe Journey ...

Snudgie Guest
    Very sad...this family has suffered so may losses recently....RIP...she will be missed...wonderful actress...x

She fought that so hard. God bless her and her family.

jeca Guest
    So sad. Probably not her most acclaimed role, but I loved her as Jon Cryer's mother in Morgan Stewart's Coming Home. RIP, Lynn.

Nicki Guest
    That poor family...so much tragedy in such a short time. God bless them all. RIP Our Georgy Girl. Thanks so much for all the great photos above. Love the one with James Mason and Lynn with the baby.

How sad, she was lovely, funny and a wonderful actress. I always had the impression that she was just a nice person, without all the ego and overblown qualities, coming from such a famous family. And didn't she get terribly messed over by some cad of a husband? I followed it a bit and thought he was really a jerk. I hope he's sorry now.
    She carried herself with grace and courage to the end.

Perdi Guest
    Oh no!!! Oh poor poor family!! Lynn was an amazing actress, and seemed like a lovely lady. She'll be sadly missed.

Gosh it's not been a good year for the Redgraves. Natasha taken so tragically soon, Corin taken just last month, now Lynn too. Terrible for the family.

orionova Guest
    I've always thought Lynn was the better looking Redgrave sister.

RIP, Lynn.

fultondyke Guest
    I loved her performance in Gods and Monsters...RIP Lynn

RIP.

GODDESS6 Guest
    loved her on 'house calls' & the remake of 'the bad seed'

god speed & RIP lynn~

knothere Guest
    rip

sablegsd Guest
    R.I.P. Ms. Redgrave

Heavenly Tiger Guest
    Rest in peace Lynn. Sad to hear that.

ozzysmom Guest
    She was a class act. May she rest in peace......

The Redgrave family are in my prayers...

RIP Lynn
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Sampiro Guest
    How odd- I was just talking about her this morning. (Though I doubt there's a direct causal link.)

Very charming person. I met her when she stayed in a hotel where I worked while she was performing at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival. Totally un-glamorous- she came to the desk in a bathrobe and no makeup and her hair in a shower cap- "I'm really desperate for a hair dryer dear and I left mine at home and there's not one in my room, could you swing one?"
    I apologized for there not being one in her room and she said "No problem, while you round one up I'll be pigging out at the breakfast bar" and she went over to the breakfast buffet and chatted with other guests and employees, none of whom recognized her and all of whom seemed charmed by this slightly eccentric English lady eating in her shower cap and bathrobe.
    ------------------------------
    She always seemed a class act. Her ex husband is a douche- used to have- probably still does- a "Why my wife is a bitch for kicking me out and taking our house just because I knocked up our daughter-in-law" site but it'd be interesting to see what he has to say.

RIP Georgy Girl.

PS- Her ex husband's blog for those who are morbidly curious is at http//www.johnclarkprose.com . He takes a day off from obsessively bashing her and their kids and her family to mourn her. (When Natasha Richardson died he wrote how stupid she was to take up skiing at 45.)
    Poor Vanessa- a daughter, a brother and a sister in 1 year.
    Last edited by Sampiro; 05-03-2010 at 07:46 PM.

http://www.johnclarkprose.com/ - link to the ex husband.

What a douche! He's bitter old fart. Edit - here's a link to his rantings about her. http://www.johnclarkprose.com/cat-lynn-redgrave.html
    Make sure to read the comments about his rantings.
    Last edited by okidoll; 05-03-2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: added link

Sam Guest
    R.I.P. You were the sane one dear.

crazedfemale Guest
    This is very sad! A very classy actress who I watched in many, many television shows and movies through the years. Many years ago (mid 1980's) I took a mini vacation to San Antonio for a few days and stayed along the Riverwalk. They were filming a movie down there and I didn't think much of it until I took a boat ride and saw Mariette Hartley and Lynn Redgrave filming a scene along the Riverwalk. They were walking hand-in-hand and later found out the name of the movie "My Two Loves" and I got the plot of the story. Never saw the movie but it was so cool seeing the crew film that day in San Antonio. The entire Redgrave family - my heart goes out to you!

Elizabeth Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by okidoll View Post
    http://www.johnclarkprose.com/ - link to the ex husband.

What a douche! He's bitter old fart. Edit - here's a link to his rantings about her. http://www.johnclarkprose.com/cat-lynn-redgrave.html
    Make sure to read the comments about his rantings.
    What an asswipe!!! I vaguely remember the scandal about him knocking up the daughter-in-law, and how he was so insensed that she kicked him out and divorced him.....bitter, party of one

RIP Lynn.....she seemed like a nice person, and a very good actress......

RaRaRamona Guest
    So sad! I hadn't seen this. Local news has been all-flood-all-the-time.

Such a great loss. She was a great actress. My thoughts & prayers go out to the Redgrave family. Jeeze, what a tragic time the family has had just over a year's time with the loss of Natasha, Corin, & now Lynn.

RIP Lynn Redgrave, you will be sorely missed.

Redgraves are dropping like flies lately.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

LYNN REDGRAVE
    1943-2010
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Beautiful pic, Kelt.

I had forgotten about her being on House Calls. She's the only reason I watched that show.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

slw Guest
    A bit maudlin but I always though Vanessa was on borrowed time. Her heavy smokers growl of a voice distracts me from her acting

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Does anyone else remember the remake of What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? that the Redgrave sisters starred in (early '90s)?

It was a hoot--they weren't Bette and Joan, but they gave it a good shot. Lynn (of course!) played the role of Jane...

---
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51ik2WJQtUL.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	28077   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2vrlwehbj.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	28078   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0744.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	28079  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Tebssis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    Does anyone else remember the remake of What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? that the Redgrave sisters starred in (early '90s)?

It was a hoot--they weren't Bette and Joan, but they gave it a good shot. Lynn (of course!) played the role of Jane...

---
    OMG! Now that you mention it, yes, I do remember this! Especially that pic of her in that red dress. Always thought the make-up crew in this did a fantastic job transforming her into a frumpy old witch because I always thought of her as a natural beauty.

(BTW, I'm always 100% correct, just ask Jaylene. )

And thanks Bon & Kelt for the great pics!!

I don't recall ever seeing anything she was in (except Weight Watcher ads), but I always thought she was so elegant and beautiful. RIP.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013