Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Sylvia Browne

Giada Guest
    It always amazes me when people like Sylvia Browne have a following. James Randi had been debunking these people for years.

I can understand vulnerability during periods of grief, but doesn't reason return at some point.

Fujicakes Guest
    I'm a huge fan of this site:

http://stopsylvia.com

Robert Lancaster used to run it, when it was called Stop Sylvia Browne. There was a huge mess a couple of years ago when he had a stroke, and the site couldn't be paid for, and whoever bought the domain turned it into something that was not what it was intended for. Now it's under this current domain. It's great in that he tries to be as neutral as possible about it, and has several accounts from people either defrauded by this woman or were about to be. He also has Sylvia's famous "mistakes".

That woman is evil. She preys on weak people.

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth32 View Post
    Montel is off the air? I didnt know this. He was another arrogant prick I couldn't stand.

Is Maury still on the air? He just disappeared off my channel and cant find him on tv anywhere but I still hear people talk about watching his show.

Wonder how much longer Springer will be around?

Montel and Brown make a great pair. Both arrogant assholes.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujicakes View Post
    I'm a huge fan of this site:

http://stopsylvia.com

Robert Lancaster used to run it, when it was called Stop Sylvia Browne. There was a huge mess a couple of years ago when he had a stroke, and the site couldn't be paid for, and whoever bought the domain turned it into something that was not what it was intended for. Now it's under this current domain. It's great in that he tries to be as neutral as possible about it, and has several accounts from people either defrauded by this woman or were about to be. He also has Sylvia's famous "mistakes".

I've always been a fan of Lancasters website on the major Scam artist Ms.. Browne. What did it for me was when she told that kids parents he was dead and then he was found alive. How could someone in good concience do that to people who have a child missing.. This was that kid Shawn who was missing for something like four years and then found alive with another kid that had just been kidnapped. She is beyond cruel. I wonder if Montel Williams really believes all that hogwash!

Bump. Was thinking about her the other day, since I've lately been watching that TV show "Long Island Medium" and wondering if Teresa is a fake also.

Hez Guest
    It amazes me how certain Mediums end up earning shed loads of money, yet others earn very little. I do believe in them btw but am very dubious about the ones on TV with flash lifestyles.

doyleloyal Guest
    she's full of it but I miss my montel wensdays when she was on! she cracks me up

Can't stand the sight of her, her and those horrible claws she waves all over! She is full of sh*t, what she does is, she guesses, guesses really generic things and when she gets any kind of reaction she pounces, can't stand that phony bitch.

Hissssssssssssssssssss

Miss Chunk
    "I guess every form of refuge has its price"...

navallint Guest
    Those claws eeek so nasty looking! cant stand the woman

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    Those claws eeek so nasty looking! cant stand the woman
    love your avitar!

Nelliebean Guest
    Remember the jewelry "designed by people who have moved on"?

I used to cringe everytime she'd tell someone the dead were leaving "loose change" around the house as a sign.

How convenient! Who the Hell doesn't have loose change somewhere in their home?

My livingroom must be full of dead folks. They keep leaving "signs" between the sofa cushions.

Mammy Guest
    I can't believe I've never seen this thread before. I hate Sylvia Browne with a passion and the only thing I see when I look at her pictures is pure evil. She is nothing but a greedy old con artist and doesn't even care about the pain she causes grieving and distraught people. I also remember when she told Shawn Hornbeck's parents that he was dead. He had been missing for some time before the reading and I think she expected him to be dead and his remains never found and nobody would know that she was wrong. Statistically, he would have been dead like most abducted children who haven't been found. I was so happy when he was found alive and well and helped Ben Ownby get away from Devlin, too. Sylvia never acknowledged Shawn being found alive, of course.

The most disturbing case that Sylvia was wrong about was Opal Jennings. She was abducted from her grandparent's yard in 1999 when she was six years old. Opal's grandma went on Montell to ask Sylvia if she knew any information about Opal. Sylvia told the grandma that Opal was taken by a white man and was still alive, but she had been sold into white slavery in Japan. Of course, this upset the grandma a great deal and Sylvia went on chit chatting with the audience like nothing ever happened. Again, I think since Opal was missing and hadn't been found, Sylvia figured that there would be no way for anyone to find out whether she was alive and in Japan. Opal was missing for over four years before her skeletal remains were found thirteen miles from where she was abducted from. She had been taken by a sex offender and was killed by blunt force trauma to her head. The condition of her remains was consistent with someone who had been killed soon after disappearing and definitely not white slavery in Japan, but that poor grandma had that idea planted into her head and she had no way of knowing whether it was the truth or not until Opal's remains were found. What a horribly cruel thing to tell a distraught grandma who was desperate for answers. Richard Lee Franks is serving life in prison in Texas for Opal's murder.

This link goes into more detail about Sylvia's "reading" about Opal.

http://stopsylvia.com/articles/montel_opal.shtml

Dang, Mammy...that is just godawful. Convenient that she can get away with incorrect predictions, but she's a bit more dangerous and predatory than a weatherman. I wish she had the integrity to own up to her behavior and then disappear...
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

And then she had the nerve to put out a book called "The Truth About Psychics" in which Sylvia talks about fake psychics and other things! I guess she's trying to cover her tracks with that one. (rolls eyes)

pwem Guest
    When I first saw her years ago I was amazed at how smooth she was. Saying so much about so little or nothing at all came very easily to her.

Just recently a friend gave me a book she wrote and I nearly died laughing. It is about where all your favourite deceased stars are in the hereafter. OMG, stoopid or what???!

I take so much comfort in knowing Jackie and John Jr are hard at work trying to find a cure for cancer. LOLOL!!!!

Mammy Guest
    She'll never own up to being a fraud. She has too many people hoodwinked and has got filthy rich off other people's misery. On the bright side, she is up in her seventies and is hopefully nearing her expiration date. She is definitely someone who can talk all day and never say a damned thing.

It blows my mind that she can write a book and claim to know what dead celebs are doing. At least she knows there is no way anyone can prove her wrong and throw it back in her face later. Maybe Morris the cat or Lassie are working on global warming issues. Have I mentioned how much I hate Sylvia Browne?

pwem Guest
    Why no, Mammy, you have never mentioned how much you hate Sylvia Browne

BTW she knows what you are thinking and will come to get you! LOL!

Mammy Guest
    I would love to see that old bitch cross my threshold. Kentucky has a castle doctrine and I would be more than happy to test it out on her.

pwem Guest
    Bwahaha!!

Oh and James Dean is busy in the hereafter designing and developing car engines. He is also continuing with his acting classes! ROFLMAO!

Honest2gawd, if you ever find this book in the free pile on someone's lawn grab it. It is a hoot and a half. How the hell this crap got a publisher is beyond me.

Nelliebean Guest
    Looks like someone else doesn't like her.

pwem Guest
    EEEEEEEEK, a clown!!!!!!

Whenever I think of Sylvia Brown, I always think of that time a few years ago when she was on Coast To Coast with Art Bell and fucked herself with double talk about predictions regarding the Pennsylvania miners who were then trapped underground. She predicted one thing, a major event regarding the miners happened during the show, Art said something to the effect of "you can't win 'em all" to Sylvia, she then claims on the air she never said that. Art plays the taped conversation from just moments before back to Sylvia and she still denies it. Char. Li. Tan.

pwem Guest
    Goodgrief, that woman is starting to believe herself.

Mammy Guest
    I remember her doing that, SomeChick. I also remember hearing on the news that they were all still alive and then they came back and said it was a mistake and all of them had died except Randall McCloy. The families had been told the same thing before finally learning the truth. It was horrible.

I still hate Sylvia Browne!

pwem Guest
    Oh and she swore up and down the Ramseys were as pure and innocent as the driven snow.

And what is up with those nails? Is that just to prove she doesn't scrub her own toilets?

Mammy Guest
    The Ramsey case was so badly botched from the beginning that nobody will ever know if Sylvia is right or not. At least she has a 50/50 shot whether she is right or not and that's better odds than she usually gets. Just for the record, I think the Ramseys are guilty as hell. Oh, and Sylvia Browne still sucks ass.

pwem Guest
    Hmmmmm, let me think. Yes, why yes, I do agree with you, Mammy!

I think Sylvia said Jonbenet is playing with the beautiful angels in heaven. LMAO!!

Mammy Guest
    How perceptive of Sylvia! It's not like anyone else has ever said that before. Crazy old idiot.

Bassetlover09 Guest
    I always thought John Edward was a fraud as well.

Mammy Guest
    I think any of them who get on television and use their "gift" to get rich are frauds. John Edwards is a cold reader and the people in the audience feed him information without even realizing they are doing it. He will say "someone is coming through to me and their name starts with a C, and they are in this section of the audience right here." Everyone in that section starts wracking their brains until one of them comes up with a deceased person they know that begins with the letter C. Why would a person appear through a tv psychic and throw out clues like they are playing charades? It's all a crock of shit and they are a bunch of scam artists. I can't imagine how much crap the families of people killed in the terrorist attacks had to listen to. I think it's evil to play games like that with grieving and traumatized people and a person would have to be a sociopath to do it to them. IMO, Sylvia Browne is the absolute worst of them all.

pwem Guest
    I think the worst part of Sylvia's scam is that she has set herself up as a church and we all know what that means, folks! Yep, tax free moola for more sessions with the nail technician.

Mammy Guest
    Well, truly evil people hiding behind religion isn't anything new. Nothing that horrid beast does surprises me in the least. She has even passed her "techniques" to her son. There has to be a special place in hell reserved for her. She would scare the shit out of Satan!

lisalouver Guest
    When I see this thread pop up I keep thinking the old fingernail lady finally kicked the bucket LOL

Mammy Guest
    We can only wish. That old fool will probably live to be a hundred and use her last breath to scam somebody.

Mammy - I totally agree with you. That woman(?) is a witch, long claws, evil eyes, yuk. She is a class a bullshitter - and I even stopped watching Montel when he started having her on as a regular guest. She is a fraud, con artist, and shame on her for all of her phone predictions!

pwem Guest
    I believe she and Montel deserve each other.

Mammy Guest
    I still hate Sylvia Browne. That's all.

pwem Guest
    I don't believe you have ever said so, Mammy!

Paige B Guest
    Mammy....YOU are my hero. I think Sylvia Browne, James Van Pragh, Jon Edwards and all the other psychics are whackadoodles! You stated everything about her and the others exactly how I feel. They all need to be punished for the cruelty that they invoke upon innocent people desperate for answers. Burn them at the stake I say! I just pulled off Sylvia's earning power off the internet. I don't know how recent this is...but it makes me sick nonetheless!

Sylvia's phone readings currently run $750 for a 20-30 minute reading (although people have reported to me that it is often far shorter than even twenty minutes). She has more expensive readings. For $1,000, you can attend a "Spiritual Salon," which includes a brief session where Sylvia will answer (I've been told) three questions from you. Her fee for a face-to-face reading is not listed on her site, and perhaps she does not do them any more, but I have been told that the price for one is in the neighborhood of $2,000.

Shame!

pwem Guest
    You want to know the future for real cheap? Phone me and I'll only charge you $10.00 for as long as you want.

I can guarantee you will see tomorrow morning. I can also guarantee you will be pissed off at the same old things. Plus I guarantee there will be unrest in the Middle East.

Mammy Guest
    Pwem, I know I haven't expressed my feelings about Sylvia very clearly. I need to work on being so vague. LOL

Paige, I agree that they are all cons and frauds. I see evil when I look at Sylvia and she has a son who is also a "psychic." His name is Chris DuFresne. He doesn't charge as much as Sylvia does, but he still makes a lot. I can't believe there are people who believe these scammers enough to fork over that kind of money. I have posted a link at various places on here that tells some of the horrible ways these self proclaimed psychics preyed on the families of the missing. I'll post it again if anyone wants me to.

pwem Guest
    It's like Dr Phil. Why is his wife and son all of a sudden qualified and experienced to hand out advice to people?

What really bugs me is the tax free thing. Geezusmarie, can any lunatic call themselves a religion and get tax free status? Seems like.

Mammy Guest
    The tax free issue bugs the crap out of me, too. I put psychics in the same category as most televangelists. I used to like Joyce Meyers until her security guard who was having an affair that the ministry and Joyce Meyers were fully aware of murdered his wife and children and she has tried every way imaginable to keep her ass out of the sling. She has lied and covered up things she knew for a while before the murders. She doesn't want her image tarnished or her gravy train will dry up. The security guard, Chris Coleman, also has a father who is a pastor and he's as bad as Joyce. Everything to Joyce Meyers and Ron Coleman is all about the money.

Sylvia Browne gets punked! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BradlE-Uloc The punk starts at 2:25, a guy goes up and says he hears names and voices, he mentions Opal Jennings and several others.. It's a good watch, and shows what an evil bitch she is.

pwem Guest
    When I used to get up for work in the morning (many moons ago) I used to catch Joyce Meyers flipping channels. Seems to me she dispensed nothing but commonsense with the religion. Heck, that is stuff anyone should know but she made it sound like it was some kind of special knowledge from God to her ear.

I did not know about that killing. Wow! Killed his kids??? Well, there's a very special place in hell and the general population for that dude.

Mammy Guest
    Yeah, she surely didn't reinvent the wheel. I guess it's all in the delivery since she seems to appeal to people with her down home mannerisms. There is a thread here about Chris Coleman if you are interested and tons of other sites to Google if you want more details. Chris traveled with the ministry from state to state and he hooked up in Florida with one of his wife's friends while there for his job and they all knew it.

pwem Guest
    I will go check it out. It's all new to me.

Mammy Guest
    You'll be amazed at how arrogant and stupid he was when every clue led right back to his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    Sylvia Browne gets punked! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BradlE-Uloc The punk starts at 2:25, a guy goes up and says he hears names and voices, he mentions Opal Jennings and several others.. It's a good watch, and shows what an evil bitch she is.
    He's passed out on the floor and she keeps talking with an 'oh well' attitude.

I hope he gave the names of living people since she kept insisting they were dead. That'd be good.