Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anne Frank

Thanks, Ozzy!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Thanks, Ozzy!

Thank you for merging the threads, Cindy!

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Thanks, Ozzy!

most welcome

Today is the 70th Anniversary of the liberation of the German Extermination Camp for the Jewish Race known as Auschwitz.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I visited Anne's house when I was in Holland on a school trip. We knew the place was tiny from what we studied but to actually walk around and see how compact it was, was unbelievable and gave me the chills.

Poo Bah MCGee Guest
    God rest you, poor innocent child.

Buddy Elias has died. He was Anne's last living relative. May his memory be a blessing.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    I wish they could find out who ratted them out. I mean they have good theories but not anything concrete. And I am I imagining this or wasn't there a pic of Anne at Bergen Belsen? Seems like I saw one of Anne and her sister at the camp.

The biography of Anne written by Melissa Müller has a fairly concrete theory on who did it. I know her friend Hanneli saw her at Bergen-Belsen, but I don't know if there were ever any photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellycatt1 View Post
    Anne Franks father survived and has set up the place they hid out in all those years up for people to visit. I don't think that it is exactly as it was then but it is pretty close and there is also a museum you can visit close to it.
    Also remember Anne Franks father cut out the mean things she said
    about her Mom.
    Is true but sad.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    about her Mom.
    Is true but sad.
    Never heard that before.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    I wish they could find out who ratted them out. I mean they have good theories but not anything concrete. And I am I imagining this or wasn't there a pic of Anne at Bergen Belsen? Seems like I saw one of Anne and her sister at the camp.
    I kind of doubt it. I've visited Bergen Belsen and didn't see any photos of her there. You'd think that if one existed, the museum would display it.

Conditions there were horrid even by concentration camp standards by the time Anne arrived, since the Allies were already closing in. Who would have had the time and resources to take such a picture?

Bergen Belsen is one of the most solemn places I have ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    about her Mom.
    Is true but sad.
    IIRC, there is a more recent critical edition that restores much of the material that Otto redacted as too sensitive for publication because it concerned sex/puberty and edgy comments about her mother and some of the others who were in hiding. One reviewer commented that the title should not be "Diary of a Young Girl", but rather "Diary of a Young WOMAN".

Yeah Rosebud I'm sure you're right. It's like I'm picturing the pic in my head and I'm probably just misremembering.

Anne and Margot may have died in February 1945, not March as has been believed.

There's a new theory about who betrayed them: Bep's sister, Nelly.

Yesterday was what would have been Anne's 86th birthday, Happy belated birthday Anne. I also have a copy of Anne Frank's Diary, the critical edition, coming in the mail.

Did anyone catch the new Anne Frank documentary that aired on National Geographic last night? It was probably the most comprehensive documentary I've seen on her. They had 2 of her friends on it. They knew her before the holocaust and both saw her at Bergen Belsen. Incredibly sad but definitely worth watching. Show your kids.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I watched it but didn't get to see all of it. Maybe they'll play it again.

Karen372 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Did anyone catch the new Anne Frank documentary that aired on National Geographic last night? It was probably the most comprehensive documentary I've seen on her. They had 2 of her friends on it. They knew her before the holocaust and both saw her at Bergen Belsen. Incredibly sad but definitely worth watching. Show your kids.
    Do you remember the name of it? I would love to see it.

Netflix may have it later on, no I didn't get to see it wish I had.

It was called Anne Frank's Holocaust. Here's a short clip of the 2 friends that Anne knew before the holocaust that saw her at Bergen Belsen. It's nowhere near everything they have to say but it's a clip...

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...-in-the-chaos/

Quote Originally Posted by Kellycatt1 View Post
    Anne Franks father survived and has set up the place they hid out in all those years up for people to visit. I don't think that it is exactly as it was then but it is pretty close and there is also a museum you can visit close to it.
    Thank you for talking about her.

In the Anne Frank Diary The Critical Edition, they are thinking it was one of the male workers. He was the one that put pencils on the edge of the desk downstairs to see if anyone moved them, he would also sprinkle flour on the floor to see if there were any footprints in it, he was the one that broke the window and came in when those upstairs heard footsteps downstairs and thought someone had broken in and was trying to rob the place, he was also the one, they found out, that did steal some items from the business and was nosing around in the back of the building and asked what was upstairs or behind the bookshelf.. the researchers that put together the critical edition believe it was him.

June 12th 1929, her Birthday she would of been 89 today.

Happy Birthday, Anne.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Happy Birthday, Anne.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    In the Anne Frank Diary The Critical Edition, they are thinking it was one of the male workers. He was the one that put pencils on the edge of the desk downstairs to see if anyone moved them, he would also sprinkle flour on the floor to see if there were any footprints in it, he was the one that broke the window and came in when those upstairs heard footsteps downstairs and thought someone had broken in and was trying to rob the place, he was also the one, they found out, that did steal some items from the business and was nosing around in the back of the building and asked what was upstairs or behind the bookshelf.. the researchers that put together the critical edition believe it was him.
    Thank You for saying this.(Anne Frank is my hero)

On this day in 1944 Anne frank and others were captured.