Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The Titanic

I never had any desire to do that - I'm not that comfortable on a boat out of sight of land.

A few years ago I had some friends that needed another body to sign up for a package deal cruise.
    It was a year away and only cost about $300 for a 5 day cruise.

I agreed to go mainly thinking that something would come up and somebody else could go in my place.

Nothing came up.

It was the most relaxing vacation I have ever had.
    No driving, no rushing through airports - once you're on that boat they bring you everything and you just relax and do as you please.

I was going to do it again the year that Katrina hit - my ship became a refugee boat so the cruise was cancelled.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzyChick View Post
    That would be pretty scary Cindy however I would love to go on a cruise.
    I used too want to go on one, but not after I researched the Titanic and read too many other recent horror stories.
    Last edited by cindyt; 03-18-2018 at 07:31 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I used too want to go on one, but not after I researched the Titanic and read too many other recent horror stories.
    Yeh I guess that would put you off.

Quote Originally Posted by snowblindburd View Post
    Adventure Out Of Time was a mystery/puzzle game where you are a secret agent who has gone back in time and find various objects aboard the Titanic, which end up affecting how history plays out. Been a long time since I have played it, but I still have my copy.

I'm interested in finding the came you're talking about, though (unless this game is it )!

Iā??ve played both ā??Adventure out of timeā?? and the Titanic hidden object game.

The first being more of a classic point and click type adventure in similar vein to Space Quest, Police Quest etc, but from a first person perspective. Essentially selecting from multi-choice dialogue options and solving puzzles to decide the journey and ultimate outcome.

I remember exploring the ship was a good replica of th original design and layout. Rooms including the radio room, gymnasium and the promenade decks are things I certainly remember from the game.

I enjoyed both! 😁

Please combine these two post as they were posted within minutes of each other.

Quote Originally Posted by The Killing Floor View Post
    I’ve played both ‘Adventure out of time’ and the Titanic hidden object game.

The first being more of a classic point and click type adventure in similar vein to Space Quest, Police Quest etc, but from a first person perspective. Essentially selecting from multi-choice dialogue options and solving puzzles to decide the journey and ultimate outcome.

I remember exploring the ship was a good replica of th original design and layout. Rooms including the radio room, gymnasium and the promenade decks are things I certainly remember from the game.

I enjoyed both! 
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I have adventure out of time on my computer, right now, great game, I cannot wait for Titanic Honor and Glory to come out, I have been following them since they first announced the game on kickstarter.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I couldn't go on one. Like you, I've read the horror stories. This story absolutely turned me off going on one. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...onth-LIFE.html
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I couldn't go on one. Like you, I've read the horror stories. This story absolutely turned me off going on one. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...onth-LIFE.html
    I don't care what kind of mental or physical problems this ordeal caused them they deserve that $5,000 and more for just enduring it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I agree, It must have been a nightmare.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I have adventure out of time on my computer, right now, great game, I cannot wait for Titanic Honor and Glory to come out, I have been following them since they first announced the game on kickstarter.
    I havenā??t heard of Titanic Honor and Glory. Iā??ll take a look though, itā??s probably something Iā??d be interested in playing when itā??s released.

Thanks for the heads up! 😁

If you have facebook look them up, Killing, they are using blue prints from the ship and pictures to do it as realistic as possible, it has been two, three years since they started working on the game, http://www.titanichg.com/ here is the link to their website.

For anyone interested, I was looking through the special offers on the Steam PC gaming platform this morning and 'Titanic: Adventure out of time' is available at the moment for Ā£4.31.

So that's $5.93.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/7...e_Out_Of_Time/

Last edited by The Killing Floor; 04-28-2018 at 03:29 AM.

If you have facebook look them up, Killing, they are using blue prints from the ship and pictures to do it as realistic as possible, it has been two, three years since they started working on the game, http://www.titanichg.com/ here is the link to their website.
    Hey pkstracy,

I see the demo is now out for Titanic: Honor and the glory.

Here's a link: http://www.titanichg.com/the-game

Hey cool thanks Killing will have to give it a try.

So I see singer Adele threw a Titanic themed 30th
    birthday party for herself, some people are upset.
    Too soon?
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

What would that look like, guests fighting over a shortage of floaties as Adele shoves them in the pool while belting out My Heart Will Go On?
    Last edited by MurkyWaters; 05-07-2018 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MurkyWaters View Post
    What would that look like, guests fighting over a shortage of floaties as Adele shoves them in the pool while belting out My Heart Will Go On?
    Yeah - I was thinking along those lines too.
    But the water in the pool would have to be cold.
    Really, really cold.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    So I see singer Adele threw a Titanic themed 30th
    birthday party for herself, some people are upset.
    Too soon?
    People are at the point where they trigger over dang near anything. I read an article, that even after all these decades, The pool on the Titanic still has water in it. Amazing.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Hey cool thanks Killing will have to give it a try.
    My pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    People are at the point where they trigger over dang near anything. I read an article, that even after all these decades, The pool on the Titanic still has water in it. Amazing.
    So do the staterooms.
    And the bridge.

They should do a better job of keeping that thing up - it's kind of an icon and shouldn't be allowed to settle into disrepair.

I want to see if anyone would or could go to the ship & do maybe like a haunting reading/psychic/ a medium reading; any spiritual activity on the ship? Ghosts.. etc.
    That might be fun. There are some things on YT I have come across.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I just found out today that there is a Titanic museum in Branson, Missouri. Has anyone been? I think it would be interesting to go. A friend of mine went there this morning and posted a picture on Facebook.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    I just found out today that there is a Titanic museum in Branson, Missouri. Has anyone been? I think it would be interesting to go. A friend of mine went there this morning and posted a picture on Facebook.
    I have Ria, I used to live in Springfield, Missouri and went one time, It is great, and a bit haunting to see the items and hear the stories, they have a little pool or something that has water in it, that is supposed to be the exact temperature of the water that night the ship went down, the longest anyone can keep their hand in is 30 seconds, I kept mine in for 1 min 30 secs, the guy was like you should remove your hand now, I wanted to see what it was like, let's just say my hand was numb, felt like a block of wood, when it started to warm up, it burned, and tingled and hurt, made me see what those poor people went through the ones that weren't on the lifeboats and jumped in the water or fell. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/03...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    excellent book on the Titanic, it is huge and full of information and tons of pictures that I have never seen, warning it does have pictures of bodies in it.
    The price for the hardback has gone up for the prime shipping, I got mine for 20.00 bucks cheaper and almost brandnew.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 05-10-2018 at 11:05 AM.

So true.

China is building a replica of the Titanic but it won't ever sail anywhere, guess it's just for people to look at.

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/travel...the-ocean.html
    Last edited by BuzzyChick; 05-13-2018 at 04:39 PM.

The Titanic Museum in Belfast, Ireland looks very impressive. I love the artistic effect of the design. Precisely the Titanic hitting an iceberg.

http://titanicbelfast.com
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    The Titanic Museum in Belfast, Ireland looks very impressive. I love the artistic effect of the design. Precisely the Titanic hitting an iceberg.

http://titanicbelfast.com
    I just looked at their FAQs they do not have artifacts from the wreck or the debris field,nor do they have a replica of the Grand Staircase for people to see.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    I think I'd skip it. There are no actual artifacts that have been brought up room from the Titanic. Many, MANY years ago I was a certified "Titaniphile." I had all these obscure statistics memorized, I had been to several traveling Titanic exhibits, dragging several of my friends and family along with me (Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City, Oklahoma City), and had books galore discussing ALL aspects of the disaster - some excellent, some pure sensationalistic trash "The Dummies Guide to The Titanic". I can't believe that at one time I devoted that much brain space to everything Titanic.

The one in Branson is just cheesy in my honest opinion. As I said, there are no actual artifacts from the Titanic as the traveling exhibits have, it's very small, and it's kind of expensive. Every month they celebrate certain aspects of life on board, the dress designers of the Titanic, the silverware, the dogs of the Titanic - they tend to scrape the bottom of the barrel on some of these aspects. If you've never been to the other traveling exhibits and this is your only chance to visit to visit a Titanic museum, by all means go. I'm sure people might learn a lot, but it's definitely not as good the traveling exhibits by Titanic, R.M.S., who owns the rights to the Titanic artifacts.
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Actually the one in Branson does have artifacts from the wreck, they did when I went.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 05-18-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Watching the live stream of the sinking on YouTube. April 14th 2019. 107 years to the day, kind of eerie.

For a long time, the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California, had a Titanic exhibit. I went and they had some artifacts from the wreck as well. They had quite a few reproductions from the ship that you could purchase. I was there with my sister and told her I thought the reproductions were in poor taste and creepy. Well, when my birthday rolled around a couple of months later, her gifts to me were some of the creepy reproductions from the Titanic exhibit. I had a friend though that was totally into the Titanic and them to her and she thought they were lovely.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    For a long time, the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California, had a Titanic exhibit. I went and they had some artifacts from the wreck as well. They had quite a few reproductions from the ship that you could purchase. I was there with my sister and told her I thought the reproductions were in poor taste and creepy. Well, when my birthday rolled around a couple of months later, her gifts to me were some of the creepy reproductions from the Titanic exhibit. I had a friend though that was totally into the Titanic and them to her and she thought they were lovely.
    I don't blame you.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    That's morbidly funny. Nice trick your sibling pulled.

First images of Titanic in 14 years show ‘shocking’ decay

https://nypost.com/2019/08/21/first-...hocking-decay/

My gosh.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Rather to be expected, I'd think.

Read about this on my news feed yesterday. Not really a surprise. Salt water and strong currents will wear that wreck down to wee bits. I'd like to see the BBC footage of this recent trip. Can't help but wonder how many unauthorized trips have been made to the site?

Read about this on my news feed yesterday. Not really a surprise. Salt water and strong currents will wear that wreck down to wee bits. I'd like to see the BBC footage of this recent trip. Can't help but wonder how many unauthorized trips have been made to the site?
    YouTube may have or eventually get the BBC footage. I'd like to see it too. The damage may not be surprising, but it's still shocking to see.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I read that the Captain's Bathtub is no longer in view. My mind immediately pictured Cleveland Brown sitting in it saying No, no, no!

Sad to see it being destroyed like it is, wish they could have brought it up.

the last morse communications from the titanic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxRN2nP_9dA

WOw cash that was haunting to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Cettie View Post
    I would love to see the exhibit, to me it's definitely preservation. I wonder though, being somewhat jaded, how many valuables ended up in pockets along the way during the recovery.
    Thank You, this is a very good question.