Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicest and meanest celebrity you've met

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Nicest: It's a tie between Vic Ceaser and Julia Child. Vic was an all-around nice old guy and I ran into him on several occasions. Julia Child did the commencement address at my school one year. What a gal!

The old story goes that if you dined at Julie's house, she would love to show everyone the old SNL skit with Dan Ackroyd as JC slitting her wrist while preparing a chicken ... SAVE THE LIVER!

With a sense of good humor about herself, how could she not be nice!

guyinpto Guest
    The only one I've ever met was Michael Learned, from The Waltons. She was wonderful. It was a drama workshop and she patiently answered all of our questions. I also like the drama sitcom "Nurse" she did after "The Waltons". Not too many people remember thay one.

JustOutOfReach Guest

Celebrity Meetings

On airplanes:
    Andrew Dice Clay
    Tony Danza
    George Carlin
    Benjamin Bratton

Around L.A.-
    Rob Lowe
    Ray Liotta
    Brad Pitt
    Keanu Reeves
    James Whitmore, Jr.
    Milo Ventimiglia
    David McCallum
    John Delancie
    Arnold Schwarzengger
    Trisha Yearwood
    David James Elliott
    Mark Harmon
    Michael Weatherly
    Paula Patton
    Mariel Hemingway
    Tom Sizemore
    Sally Struthers
    Dick Sargent
    Christopher Hewett
    Brenda Vaccaro
    Hal Sparks
    Peter Paige
    Gary Cole
    Leeza Gibbons
    Megan Mullaly

And introduced Melissa Etheridge at a noon concert at CSU Long Beach in the early 80's when she was still playing at the Que Sera Sera...and she blew them away even then!

The only person that was not friendly was Denzel Washington, but he was filming and was "in character", so I give him a sprout on that one.

mr.wanttohaveitall Guest
    I Just Remembered I Went To A Taping Of "that 70's Show". Ok Ok, I Didn't Exactly Meet Any Of The Cast Members But After The Taping They All Stayed And Signed Autographs For Fans And Chatted, Even Ashton.

To The Post About Carol Burnett, I'd Love To Meet Her, Very Interesting That She Didn't Want To Talk About "mama's Family".

Norma Desmond Guest
    Being a former flight attendant, I met lots of 'em, and the experience was sometimes not what I had hoped. Here are some I can remember clearly:

-Bernadette Peters: goddess (and nice too!)
    -Harvey Fierstein: asshole
    -Kathryn Crosby: extremely generous with her stories about Bing; so nice
    -Jerry Lewis: self-absorbed prick
    -Deborah Norville: very sweet, bad face lift
    -Diana Ross: bitch, bitchy, bitchier and bitchiest, all rolled up into one
    -Carol Channing: a bit dotty, maybe on medication, but sweet as hell
    -Al Gore: very kind
    -former CA governor Gray Davis: ugghhh no wonder he was recalled
    -Nancy Pelosi: raving harpy
    -Barbara Boxer (CA senator): ditto
    -Adam Sandler: sweet guy
    -Hulk Hogan: evasive and weird
    -Eddie Fisher: snooty AND snotty--why???
    -Andy Williams: I was a backup singer for him, WHAT an ass...
    -Dennis Quaid: really really nice
    -Gene Simmons: cool guy, he DID actually show me his tongue!
    -Bill Maher: stuffy and stand-offish
    -Sandra Bernhard: weird (really weird) but sweet

Can't think of any more at the moment--must have mentally blocked some of them!

Carol Channing: a bit dotty, maybe on medication, but sweet as hell
    Did any of you guys ever see that time she was on the Letterman show and was doing all that weird yoga shit spread eagle into the camera? It was supposed to be a comedy skit but at her age it was just weird. Can't remember the year (a loooooong time ago though. Maybe ten years or so.) but I watched it the way other folks probably watch horror movies. Peeks between my fingers, LOL.

mr.wanttohaveitall Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Did any of you guys ever see that time she was on the Letterman show and was doing all that weird yoga shit spread eagle into the camera? It was supposed to be a comedy skit but at her age it was just weird. Can't remember the year (a loooooong time ago though. Maybe ten years or so.) but I watched it the way other folks probably watch horror movies. Peeks between my fingers, LOL.

Oh no. Well I did see a show she did here at a theatre, it was "An Evening With" type of show. It was GREAT!! Carol is a hysterical story teller. She went on and on about the shows she's been in and the stars she's worked with. It was most entertaining!!

Believe me, I would've rather seen the one you did.

Catherine of Siena Guest
    Peggy Lee and Zsa Zsa - both sweethearts

Catherine of Siena Guest
    lou ferrigno - total a-hole

Lifeisafataldisease Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity09 View Post
    nicest was - Dizzie Gillespie
    meanest is - OJ Simpson ( Orenthal James Simpson is a real A-hole )

Never met a celeb, oh well!

I just have to say Orenthal James Simpson sounds like something you would put up an Ahole. Great name for a suppository!

disco Guest
    I met Jake "The Snake" Roberts back in my driving days. He was very polite and funny. He had a white suit with a ribbon bow tie, a cane, and a dandy hat. Jake was looking smooth. We talked about wrestling and his snakes, when he left he gave me a 20 dollar tip. Kool. I also met Rita Gams, we were heading to the airport and she wanted me to stop and get her a hot dog. She was very nice. Both people gave me autographs. The worst was Phyllis Hyman. I met her and she was deceased three months later. So I will leave it alone.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by disco View Post
    I met Jake "The Snake" Roberts back in my driving days. He was very polite and funny. He had a white suit with a ribbon bow tie, a cane, and a dandy hat. Jake was looking smooth. We talked about wrestling and his snakes, when he left he gave me a 20 dollar tip. Kool. I also met Rita Gams, we were heading to the airport and she wanted me to stop and get her a hot dog. She was very nice. Both people gave me autographs. The worst was Phyllis Hyman. I met her and she was deceased three months later. So I will leave it alone.
    When you met Hyman she was already in a two year battle with alcohol and weight gain, combined with career and financial woes were making life difficult for Hyman and those around her. In 1993 she was dealt another blow when both her mother and grandmother died within a month of one another.
    Although Phyllis continued to record new material and perform live, her bouts of depression were clearly overwhelming her. Her irrational, self-destructive behavior was becoming common knowledge to those inside the music industry, her friends and also her fans and on June 30th, 1995, only hours before a scheduled performance at the Apollo Theatre in New York, Phyllis' lifeless body was found in her apartment where all efforts to revive her failed. Her suicide, while shocking, was not a surprise to anyone.

Hyman committed suicide with vodka and an overdose of sleeping pills. A suicide note read, "I'm tired. I'm tired. Those of you that I love know who you are. May God bless you."

FloridaDeathHag Guest
    I'm going to tell OJ you guys are trash talking!

15. 11-01-2007, 11:05 AM

almead85 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffsboys4 View Post
    Has anyone ever met Dave Chappelle? Seems like he's REAL laid back and friendly type guy.
    I was in line for a ride at Knotts Berry Farm and this really tall guy starts walking really close behind me. When I turned around he smiled and I recoqnized him from half baked. This happened in 1999 I think. I wasnt a fan so I didnt want to bug him, and nobody I was with knew who he was so we didnt ask for a pic. All I remember is that he had a bunch of what looked like family members around him. And that he seemed taller in person. Seemed nice, no bodyguards.

OBX Guest
    This was last night (Halloween) and my daughter who is a House Manager/Nanny in Hollywood was giving out candy. A large group comes up and it has Jason Lee and Jenna Elfman in there with their kids. My daughter said that they sent the kids up to the door, but then Jenna sees the big dog of the house and comes racing up to hug the dog. She asked if she could hug the dog and my daughter says ok and she said Jenna made a big deal over the dog.
    I loved the Dharma character, but I asked anyway. Ok, so how was she? My daughter said she was really pretty (BIG compliment from her) and that she was dressed really nice, blazer and pants. Not hollywood in dress or actions. She said Jason Lee was just a dad with his kids.

I don't care, I was jealous.

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OBX View Post
    Jason Lee and Jenna Elfman
    They're both Scientologists; they may have become friends that way. FWIW.

I've met several more, I used to work at Opryland Hotel and met tons of country stars and other celebs when they stayed there.
    When did you work there? I worked at Opryland Theme Park the last year it was open (1997) as a caricature artist and face painter. I remember Porter Wagner riding around in his golf cart

As for Celebs I've met, most of them were after theatre performaces:

Douglas Sills: AWSOME
    Brian Stokes Mitchell: Very Nice
    Christine Baranski: Really nice. She appologized for her singing because of her allergies bothering her. I thought she was great anyway. She is WAY shorter than I thought.
    Dustin Hoffman: Didn't actually meet him but I saw him on backlot once. He looked nice lol.

Rex Smith: MAJOR A-hole.

Dulcinea

Noelle Page Guest
    Met lots of celebs in passing and they're all sort of professionally nice, but the nicest ever was young Corbin Bleu from High School Musical (with the curly hair). When he heard my two sons were waiting to meet him (at a function), he excused himself from his group and couldn't get to them fast enough....treated them so kindly....his dad was by his side, watching and enjoying it all. Obviously an involved, caring father, probably why Corbin knows how to treat his fans. If you're out there, Dad Bleu, that's a great young man you raised there!
    Jonathan Frakes once held the door very debonairly for me at a restaurant....Ryan O'Neal once politely caught my little boy when he stumbled on an airport shuttle bus...

kdeazell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    Tanya Tucker and Trisha Yearwood are first class bitches
    Joan Jett, kd lang, Martina Navratalova very very wonderful
    Chris Ledoux very very nice
    Melissa Etheridge awesome!
    My cousin went on a date with Tanya Tucker he said she was a real slut.
    Kim

Tebssis Guest

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by meggles View Post
    I've met some, a few at the Masters, which is always a celeb haven, you just have to watch for them.

Good ones:

Bruce Willis-walked two holes with him at the Masters and NO ONE recognized him. We chatted and he slipped me an autograph, and was very funny and asked me tons of questions. This was in the moonlighting days, still had hair.

Tennessee Ernie Ford--met him at the Masters as a kid with my dad and he picked me up and kissed me! I still remember it. And he gave me a $5 bill. Not in quid pro quo, just as a friendly old dude. I hope. I don't think he did anything lewd, but you know, sometimes kids repress things....ew, now I'm grossed out.

MCHammer - used to come to all the Falcons games in the 2 legit time--very nice, sweet, would see you several times and always recognize and speak to you.

Travis Tritt - ditto above. Would always look for where we were pre-game and come over to chat.

Peter Noone - greatest story teller ever, would hang out with us after his concerts (for the young ones on here, he was with herman's hermits. I know, that doesn't tell you anything...hey, he was on American Idol last year ) great performer and wonderful guy. Would have us up to his suite, showed 'Fred and the boys" (young ones: that's his package) to a friend of mine, but even then, he did it in a nice way. With class. She said it was worth the perusal. Generous and funny, not a fake bone in his body.

James Brown - not enough adjectives to describe how nice this man was. My husband met him when he didn't have a job, and he gave him job leads. I met him originally when I had a nothing job and he told my boss (it was at a bank) to give me a raise. Had personal demons, but treated people like they were important.

Tomi Rae Brown- disliked by some, but was very warm in my contact with her. I think she and James had a weird relationship, but apparently it worked for him. She's quite pretty in person, she doesn't photograph well. She can sing, check out her myspace--that girl has some pipes.

Andre Rison--very sweet, nice, felt sorry for him getting his house burned with Lisa Left Eye. What drama.

Davy Jones - always nice to his fans, and so cute, but only came to my shoulders since i'm tall. Met him so many times, always nice. Posed for picture with me and was practically in my boobs because of the height difference, and when I thanked him, he said "dear, that was my pleasure, not yours!!" Too funny.

(what an eclectic mix!)

Sorry ones;

Evander Holyfield--told my friend to "piss off" on the sidelines at a Falcons game when he was the champ when she asked him for an autograph, then gave one to someone else. I walked up to him and told him off. I think I shocked him. He literally looked stunned. Pompous ass, also fathered lots of kids carelessly. Shame on him.

Michael Vick - even before "dog gate" I never had a pleasant experience with him in all the times I saw him. Always looked bothered and like he really didn't want to be there. Guess the true colors shone through there, eh? Buh-bye.

Frank Gifford--seemed like he was a little "too" good to talk to you. Kept looking at himself in the mirror. Or, watching for Kathie Lee in it, either way.

Randy White (Dallas Cowboys) - blew his drunk ass breath in my face during the Hall of Fame weekend, and grabbed my butt cheek. I called him a has been and a drunk. He also smelled bad. IN my single, cuter days, you might get away with grabbing my cheek if you smelled good and weren't a washed-up, smelly drunk. I mean, I had some standards.

Kenny Rogers--just a turd with feet.

Sorry that was long, I have lots of them. I suppose I want to give you the narrative as if you were there. It's my curse.
    I met Randy White also when I worked for a boat company that paid him to fish tournaments while using their products. Major jerk!! He came inside the plant to see his "free" boat while I was laying the carpet on it, and tried to tell me how to do my job and not in a nice way! Wanted to tell him off, but needed that job at the time.

D3LIVIÃ?N Guest

Famous folks

Here are a few that I can think of.

Bono - Very cool and down to earth, I talked to him about U2 on the Simpson's which he did not really seem into.
    China - Nice but crazy (She was convinced that I was a fan that went to all of her appearances) I kept telling her that I have never seen her before in my life. She was also very flirty.
    Dita Von Teese - Very very
    Al Jorgenson (Ministry) - I'm a big fan but was a little disappointed. He seemed like 20+ years of drugs had caught up with him.
    Marilyn Manson - Very cool guy, super intelligent, great conversations!
    Travis Barker - I used to run into him at the gas station late at night allot because he lived a few blocks away at the time, nice guy.
    Kat Von D- Use to be my roommate about 8 years ago, incredibly sweet.
    Robert Englund- I was about 8 years old and love the Nightmare movies.
    He was having dinner with a family that I knew and I came over and got to have dinner with them. So very cool.
    Perry Ferrell - met him multiple times, nice, likes himself allot of drugs!
    Glenn Danzig - cool
    Tiffany (Pop star) - I did her hair for a few years, Well mainly her hair extentions including for her Playboy shoot years back. She's pretty cool.
    Keifer Sutherland - I have seen him a few times but once I saw him REALLY wasted with two hot chicks. He was in a parking lot trying to get his car keys out of his pocket to drive. I know, no big surprise.
    Alyssa Milano - I had to ask her for ID when writing a check at a restaurant about 10 years ago. I was so close to saying "You kicked ass on who's the boss" I also wanted to tell her how much of a crush I had on her when I was a little kid, but I didn't.
    Courtney Cox - This is my favorite celebrity story EVER. I met her at another famous persons house (she lived next door) right around the time that friends came on the air. I had no idea who she was and I have never been a big TV watcher, I'm more of a movie guy. When you live in LA and you meet girls at parties and they tell you that they are an actress. Generally what follows that is, what restaurant are you a waitress at? So she told me that she was an actress and I said, cool, so what restaurant are you waiting tables at. She said she was in TV but like an A-hole I said, right on, good luck with that. Anyways long story short the next day a friend of mine said, are you stupid you did not know who she is? She was very nice.

Aside from a few friends of mine that I will not list that are sudo famous these are a few of people that I can think of that I have met. I'm sure more will come to me.
    Last edited by D3LIVIÃ?N; 01-03-2008 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delivian View Post
    Here are a few that I can think of.

Bono - Very cool and down to earth, I talked to him about U2 on the Simpson's which he did not really seem into.
    China - Nice but crazy (She was convinced that I was a fan that went to all of her appearances) I kept telling her that I have never seen her before in my life. She was also very flirty.
    Dita Von Teese - Very very nice, but I have heard she can be a bitch.
    Al Jorgenson (Ministry) - I'm a big fan but was very disappointed. He seemed like 20+ years of drugs had caught up with him. Sort of an ass.
    Marilyn Manson - Very cool guy, super intelligent, great conversations!
    Travis Barker - I used to run into him at the gas station late at night allot because he lived a few blocks away at the time, nice guy.
    Kat Von D- Used to be my roommate about 8 years ago, incredible sweet.
    Robert Englund- I was about 8 years old and love the Nightmare movies.
    He was having dinner with a family that I knew and I came over and got to have dinner with them. So very cool.
    Davey Chaos (AFI) - Very nice
    Perry Ferrell - met him multiple times, nice, likes himself allot of drugs!
    Alyssa Milano - I had to ask her for ID when writing a check at a restaurant about 10 years ago. I was so close to saying "You kicked ass on who's the boss" I also wanted to tell her how much of a crush I had on her when I was a little kid, but I didn't. She was in sweaty work out clothes and seemed pretty nice.
    Courtney Cox - This is my favorite celebrity story EVER. I met her at another famous persons house (she lived next door) right around the time that friends came on the air. I had no idea who she was and I have never been a big TV watcher, I'm more of a movie guy. When you live in LA and you meet girls at parties and they tell you that they are an actress. Generally what follows that is, what restaurant are you a waitress at? So she told me that she was an actress and I said, cool, so what restaurant are you waiting tables at. She said she was in TV but like an A-hole I said, right on, good luck with that. Anyways long story short the next day a friend of mine said, are you stupid you did not know who she is? She was very nice.

Aside from a few friends of mine that I will not list that are sudo famous these are a few of people that I can think of that I have met. I'm sure more will come to me.

I bow to Thee .. I think Dita Von Teese is a goddess .. well ..second to Bettie Page..

Was a featured extra few years back in "Baby's Day Out." don't ask, please!

Joe Pantoliano was the coolest, nicest guy. wound up running into him and the rest of the cast on location a few weeks after my scenes were shot and he saw me and yelled, "He TEACH!!) (my character in the movie). that was cool.

Nastiest celeb?? Macauley Culkin, HANDS down. but maybe his dad? They were wrapping Richie Rich, I believe, in Chicago, had rented my local watering hole. A girlfriend and I stopped down there, I almost tripped over him walking into the bar. Saw his dad hitting on everything/anything that had a pulse inside the bar. My friend, who was deaf, asked me to ask him for his autograph. I went up to him, nice as can be, explained the situation and he screamed "No F#### autographs!" Blew by my friend, almost knocking her over, grabbed his dad and screamed, "Dad, we're going NOW." Remember, he was all of about 12 at this time.

I will never forget that one. Sort of want to give him a little slack being in an uncomfortable setting like that but still....

Dee Guest
    Nicest was
    Naomi Judd- Met her while at a book signing with my Aunt. I wasn't there to get a book signed so stood back a ways while my Aunt was taking her turn. The sweet Lady that she is called me over to the table and said Hello and shook my hand. She is very very beautiful in person. Reminds you of a china doll.
    Also Anne Rice was Wonderful. I met her at a book signing for Memnoch the Devil and she complemented my hair and my name. I also took a pic with her.
    I also met the lead singer of Staind. Sad I don't know his name, I'm not a fan of theirs. But I went to the concert. He was really nice. The only person in that show (P.O.D., Staind, Taproot and some other band) who signed autographs and took pictures with fans.

I look like crap... had a horrible headache.

I've also met a number of really really nice Astro's players.
    The only Rude person i've met was Allen West of Obituary. He kept hitting on my friends girl. In my apartment and really didn't talk to anyone else.

hoxharding Guest
    Nice: Danny Aiello
    Wrote him a fan letter once. Within a week, he wrote the answers on the letter I sent. Also gave him an autographed photo.
    Also:
    Robert Naughton(older brother in ET) and his father Bruce(former child star)
    Got a letter published in US magazine about ET(years ago)
    Bruce called me and put Robert on the phone. I stammered alot. They sent me an autographed photo and Robert's schedule. I was asked to visit them on tour. My mom wouldn't drive me to another state. So, never saw Robert.

Bellfire Guest
    I'm waiting for someone to write this post: The nicest person was Ms. Barbie Dreamhouse. She gave me a big hug, her autograph and wished me luck on the project I'm invovlevd with and really listened to me when I was talking. She was so down to earth. I thought Mr. Potatoe Head was a complete jerk and a moron. He pretended not to see me so I walked up and tapped him on the arm. He turned around and said some obscure obsenity and started to walk to his car. He was almost there when I saw him fall to the ground. I though he had fainted or something so I went to help him up and when he got to his feet he had the nerve to throw up on me. My clothes were drenched 'cause he did it three or four times. He managed a slight smile showing traces of vomit on his teeth. He offered to sing me a song but I declined. I had to go washed my vomit soaked shirt and slacks anyway.

kdeazell Guest
    [quote=chirock;33196]Was a featured extra few years back in "Baby's Day Out." don't ask, please!

Joe Pantoliano was the coolest, nicest guy. wound up running into him and the rest of the cast on location a few weeks after my scenes were shot and he saw me and yelled, "He TEACH!!) (my character in the movie). that was cool.

quote]
    I use to sell Tupperware with his sister Mary Ann, she lives in Mission Viejo, she was always inviting us to dinner when he was in town. Joe Pants. (Patoliano is pants in italian)
    Kim

kdeazell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura1020 View Post
    Still waiting on anyone who has met Charlie Sheen. C'mon! I know someone out there has.
    I have 4 times, went to see Spin City twice and the second time was his birthday and a bunch of us girls took him birthday cards and a gift. The 3rd and 4th time was on the set of 2 and a half men. Saw the pilot, was really funny and the pilot had Blythe Danner as the mother. When it finally hit the air, they had the current mom now. Jenna Elfman was in the audience that nite.
    We went about 2 yrs ago the episode his ex-bitch wife was in. And was able to go down and talk to him and get an autograph.
    He really is a nice guy. Drugs did bad things to him and he made bad choices during that part of his life.
    Now his Dad is another one. Had coffee with him by accident. Nicest guy you ever met and he's been on the Spin City too when we were there.
    Now later I'll tell you the HORRIBLE story of Mickey (asshole) Rooney.

kdeazell Guest
    Here's my Guy Fieri from Diner's Diives and drive-in's
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kdeazel...7601160941195/
    Meet at the Gilroy Garlic Festival last July.
    Kim

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy J. View Post
    Wayne Newton was in my town this past May.

As I was mowing the lawn, two big White Hummers came up my street. I was outside mowing the lawn until one of those hummers pulled up next to me and the window was rolling down. In the backseat I saw Wayne Newton. Wayne didnt speak to me, but his bodyguard did.

"..maam...would you please go inside your house. Mr. Newton wants to change cars and he will NOT do it if people are outside..."

I said...

"..why sure....but only if Wayne Newton does my lawn...otherwise I have a job to do...and besides this is MY HOUSE !!".

Wayne said something ..I am pretty sure if I heard correctly "..f*ck that bitch".

Anyway...both cars rather quickly pulled off and they went down the next street.

BTW...my sister saw Wayne Newton and his wife in our downtown checking the sites. She was telling me that a young pre-teenage girl ( 13 or 14 ) got a little to close to Newton only to have one of his bodyguards grab ahold of the girl and slapped her face screaming "..you are too damn close...Wayne wants privacy !!". Her parents were right there !!!!

Did they go after Wayne and his crew? Raise hell? Ah..no...the parents told their daughter that it is ok for Wayne's people to slap her in the face since he was a big star. When my sister told me this I almost...well..did a number 2.

Unreal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My mother met Wayne Newton years ago in Detroit and she said he was a big asshole. She has hated im ever since!

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    I grew up with and am good friends with Edwin McCain, so I guess that doesn't count (does it?). He is super nice and sang at my sisters wedding.

This story is not from me but my great grandfather. Family story. My great grandfather was working in a gas station in my home town of Redlands Calif. Up drives this car. So he gets up to attend to it. And goodness gracious it is Clark Gable and Carole Lombard. He said they were the most nicest couple he had ever met. No airs about them. My great grandfather was so much in awe that he did everything to the car but put gas in it. But Clark reminded him that he came for gas with a laugh. He said that Carole was so gracious and down to earth. They left him a $20.00 dollar tip. That was a story that was repeated to me for years.

Ok I have another story I remember. My cousin use to work in a supermarket up in Apple Valley Calif. Wher4e Dale Evans lived. And he said that when Dale Evans would arrive the store would be on alert. You could not look at her directly or talk to her. If she was looking for a item you could not speak, just point it out. If you violated the rule youu were never again to assist Ms Evans again in her shopping. My counsin said she was a real bitch. But Roy Rogers was OK he always left a hefty tip.

Tugboat25 Guest
    She seemed so nice and kind and demure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    She seemed so nice and kind and demure.

You knew Dale Evans?

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eca1094 View Post
    You knew Dale Evans?
    No, I meant from all her tv appearances and general stardom.
    Can you say you knew her? I mean, enough to make that post on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah the British Hag View Post
    The nicest (and probably most famous) person I have met is Tony Curtis - and he was sweetness personified - the guy that introduced me said "Don't be nervous, Tony is very gracious" and I think that's the best way to describe it. His wife (the current one) was also very friendly.
    I met Tony Curtis in St. Croix years ago. He stuck out like a sore thumb. He was wearing an all-black leather outfit with a big black cowboy hat and it was very hot and humid. If he was wearing anything else, I probably wouldn't have noticed him. But yes, he was very kind and allowed us to take a picture.

When I was in London, there was a huge crowd of Paparazzi outside a store near the Marble Arch, and it turns out they were waiting for Cher to come out of the store. When she came out, she wouldn't stop to give them a photo op, but once she got in her limo, she rolled down the window on the opposite side of the paps and let ME take a picture of her. I thought that was really cool. This was years ago.

Met Barbara Walters at the Ritz Carlton in Pasadena several years ago. She was a total biotch, very rude to hotel staff, treated everyone around her like peons, and her face looked like it had shrapnel embedded in it. Goes to show you how important good lighting is.

Literally bumped in to Linda Evans on Rodeo Drive. I was window shopping and not watching where I was going, and ran into someone. I looked up to apologize, and there she was. She was very gracious. A lot shorter than I thought she was, but I saw John Forsythe at a Dodger game and he was TINY. Five feet if that. So of course Linda Evans would look like a giant standing next to him.

I have met lots and lots and lots of celebs living here in LA all my life, but those listed above are the most memorable encounters.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Hrm. I've met the Emperor and Empress of Japan. That was coooool.

I met Barbara Feldon from Get Smart. She was nice, but the show was a bit before my time.

Passed Bill Clinton in the Essex Hotel lobby. I dunno, I instinctively smiled, since the face was familiar, but of course he didn't smile back, since he didn't know me.

About 5 years ago, I was in Cannes for work, and saw Kelsey Grammer and his wife at an outdoor cafe. THE VERY NEXT WEEK, I was walking down the street in Manhattan, and passed them again on the street. Hrm...I wonder if they were stalking me?? That must be it, yes.

Faith Hill, my son and me circa 1997

JeffD Guest
    Thought that was Joan Jett for a second

kdeazell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by eca1094 View Post
    You knew Dale Evans?
    My mother knew her. Dales mother and step-father lived in Italy, Texas. Their last name was Smith. When Dale and Roy Rogers would come into town my mother would babysit their children at the Baptist church. Mom was teen in the 50's and would watch kids in the nursery at the church on Sunday's. One of the boys and the little indian girl her and Roy adopted.
    My grandmother was friends with Mrs. Smith she was one of the school teachers & Mr. Smith was the bank manager.
    In 1971 my mom took me too a christian book store for an autograph signing with Dale. I got "Angel Unaware" signed by Dale, (I still have it too) and Dale remembered my grandmother whom everyone called her Aunt Ine, her name was Inez. She was a really sweet lady too. I took my mom to Apple Valley to visit her grave a few years ago.
    Now my great-uncle spoke to Bonnie Parker in Waxahachie, Texas. The cops had the city on stack-out and when they didn't appear they called it off. My Great Uncle Elve was standing on a corner and Bonnie and Clyde pulled up, she went in the corner store and he said good day to her and that was it. My Great Uncle bragged for yrs about his Bonnie and Clyde story.
    [/html]

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Radiohead View Post
    I grew up with and am good friends with Edwin McCain, so I guess that doesn't count (does it?). He is super nice and sang at my sisters wedding.

I've loved the song "Solitude" ever since it first came out; I have it on my iPod and still sing along to it in my car.

Jersey Girl Guest
    I just spent the last part of forever catching up on this thread... I love everyone's stories!

I have a few more to add...

Drummer for Pat Benatar (sorry, I do not know his name)... but it was after their show last summer at The Borgata in Atlantic City. The crowd was filing out of the theater they played at and I look over and who's standing right next to me. We looked at each other at the same time and he smiled and said "hello." I said "Hello" back and asked him if I could have his drumsticks..LOL. Don't ask me WHY I asked that, but, like a dork, I did. He said he had promised them to someone else.. and then, one of my friends said "Let me get a picture." Before I knew what was happening he had his arm around me, posing for a picture. Super nice guy.

Joe Lynne Turner of Rainbow in the mid 80's. A few of us were waiting outside the Spectrum in Philly after a concert of theirs, in the freezing cold. We were out there pretty long... a couple hours I believe. All of a sudden, a black limo came cruising up the ramp. We scurried out of the way as it looked as though the driver wasn't going to stop for anyone. Low and behold, when the limo got to the top of the ramp where we were, it did stop. Out popped Joe Lynne Turner. UNBELIEVABLY nice guy. Spent about a half an hour with all of us, taking pictures, signing autographs, chatting it up. Class act all around.

The Black Crowes ~ This was early 90's. Probably their first major tour... as I had seen them open for ZZ Top the year before. I didn't meet them, but my best friend did. A friend of hers begged her and another girl to go to a show of theirs, my best friend really didn't want to go.. but, she did. The girl who really wanted to go was a super big fan. She was dying to meet them as well. After the show, the girls trekked on over to The Ritz Carlton. Low and behold... after a little while, the band came in. My friend said they were completely fucked up, one of them was carrying a bottle of Jack, they had a few girls with them who looked like they hadn't showered in months. She said the band looked pretty scuzzy as well. My friend said they were loud and rude as hell to the bartenders and to everyone in there. Complete trash they were.

Tebssis Guest
    Nearly forgot, Norman Bennett who played one of Julia Roberts family members in Steel Magnolias and the photo shop owner in Hope Floats with Sandra Bullock was my homeroom teacher when I was a Jr in high school. Very Nice guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
    Joe Lynne Turner of Rainbow in the mid 80's. A few of us were waiting outside the Spectrum in Philly after a concert of theirs, in the freezing cold. We were out there pretty long... a couple hours I believe. All of a sudden, a black limo came cruising up the ramp. We scurried out of the way as it looked as though the driver wasn't going to stop for anyone. Low and behold, when the limo got to the top of the ramp where we were, it did stop. Out popped Joe Lynne Turner. UNBELIEVABLY nice guy. Spent about a half an hour with all of us, taking pictures, signing autographs, chatting it up. Class act all around.
    You reminded me of one more. In 1984 I went to New Orleans for the World's Fair. One of the featured artists while I was there was Elvis Costello. I went to breakfast at a place called Brennan's (famous for their eggs sardou and bananas foster, yum yum you) and guess who was having his breakfast there too? Turns out I left at the same time he did, and he smiled and held the door open for me. I was really shy and starstruck at the time, and didn't ask for his autograph. Dang, wish I could live that moment over again, who knows what would have happened!

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    You reminded me of one more. In 1984 I went to New Orleans for the World's Fair. One of the featured artists while I was there was Elvis Costello. I went to breakfast at a place called Brennan's (famous for their eggs sardou and bananas foster, yum yum you) and guess who was having his breakfast there too? Turns out I left at the same time he did, and he smiled and held the door open for me. I was really shy and starstruck at the time, and didn't ask for his autograph. Dang, wish I could live that moment over again, who knows what would have happened!

Good story. I just have to say that, growing up in New Orleans, the '84 World's Fair was greatness. We had these season passes- the fair went from May thru November- and must've gone to the thing twentysomething times. The Gondola that crossed the Mississippi, the exhibits of different countries, the Amphitheater with all the great concerts- those are some of my best memories from childhood. Thanks for bringing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodsaint View Post
    Good story. I just have to say that, growing up in New Orleans, the '84 World's Fair was greatness. We had these season passes- the fair went from May thru November- and must've gone to the thing twentysomething times. The Gondola that crossed the Mississippi, the exhibits of different countries, the Amphitheater with all the great concerts- those are some of my best memories from childhood. Thanks for bringing it up.
    It was one of my most favorite vacations. The only problem was that I could not zip up any of my pants on the flight home. After a week of eating all that good food, (K Paul's, Commander's Palace, Cafe du Mond, Brennan's, Ponchatrain Hotel, not to mention lots and lots of pecan pralines) I gained at least 10 lbs.

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    It was one of my most favorite vacations. The only problem was that I could not zip up any of my pants on the flight home. After a week of eating all that good food, (K Paul's, Commander's Palace, Cafe du Mond, Brennan's, Ponchatrain Hotel, not to mention lots and lots of pecan pralines) I gained at least 10 lbs.

Yeah the food is the best. The restaurants you mentioned are all still popular, and some new ones have opened up since the storm. One of the things about being from New Orleans is that you get so spoiled that- no matter where else you go in the world- you're always disappointed in the food. ...I don't live in NOLA anymore, but I still cook jambalaya and gumbo- Zatarains makes great mixes, and I'm pretty sure you can get them at Ralph's (I see you live in L.A.- I lived there myself until recently.) Also, there are some pretty good Cajun restaurants in L.A.- Uncle Darrow's, in Marina Del Rey right around the corner from my old apartment, has decent jambalaya. And the Ragin Cajun in Hermosa Beach is really good, too. Happy Eating!!

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodsaint View Post
    Yeah the food is the best. The restaurants you mentioned are all still popular, and some new ones have opened up since the storm. One of the things about being from New Orleans is that you get so spoiled that- no matter where else you go in the world- you're always disappointed in the food. ...I don't live in NOLA anymore, but I still cook jambalaya and gumbo- Zatarains makes great mixes, and I'm pretty sure you can get them at Ralph's (I see you live in L.A.- I lived there myself until recently.) Also, there are some pretty good Cajun restaurants in L.A.- Uncle Darrow's, in Marina Del Rey right around the corner from my old apartment, has decent jambalaya. And the Ragin Cajun in Hermosa Beach is really good, too. Happy Eating!!
    I can only imagine how crappy stuff would taste outside of New Orleans. I'm a pretty good cook and make a halfway decent jambalya and bread pudding, but yes, I have tried Zatarian's and it's very good. Thanks for the tips on the restaurants, I live on the East side of LA and there aren't too many cajun restaurants out this way.

FYI -- so we cannot be accused of getting off the topic of discussing nicest/meanest celebrities, when I was in New Orleans, it was a must that I go to K Paul's Louisiana Kitchen for dinner. The night I went, I was the first one in line when they opened their doors. Don't know if they still do it, but they would seat you in such a way that every single chair was filled. The table I sat at had room for 6, so I ended up sitting with perfect strangers... but it was awesome though. One of the people at my table was Truman Capote's plastic surgeon, who said that Truman was extremely slow at paying bills. TC's accountant would call and apologize, saying that he had books and books of checks to sign, but TC would refuse, even though he had plenty of money in the bank.

That same evening, I bought Paul Prudhomme's latest cookbook at the time and was hoping to get him to sign it. A lady at my table from New York had also bought a cookbook and wanted him to sign it too. The waitstaff kept telling us Paul would be out in just a few minutes, even though about 90 minutes had since passed. Finally the lady from New York said, "That's it!!! We are NOT waiting any longer!!!" She then grabbed my hand and pulled me into the TINY kitchen absolutely packed with at least a dozen worker bees chopping, frying, whipping and stirring. But in the back corner sat Paul overseeing everything, telling people what to do, add more pepper, tasting sauces brought by the worker bees getting approval from their boss.

The lady from New York pushed her way across the very crowded room and demanded that Paul sign her book, which he did. He then sort of pushed her out of the way and asked me if I wanted my book signed as well. I was so nervous and starstruck that I could hardly answer him. I think he sensed my panic, and the started asking ME questions! Where are from, what brings you to New Orleans, what have you done since you got here, those kinds of questions. He then asked if I had any questions for him, and I did, asking him something about how to cook Hollendaise Sauce without it curdling. He was so kind and generous of his time with me. I was on Cloud Nine!