Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 354243444546 LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,200 of 2265

Thread: Nicest and meanest celebrity you've met

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen Scott do an interview where he wasn't affable

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MurkyWaters View Post
    Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen Scott do an interview where he wasn't affable
    Scott's seems like a big ole teddy bear just full of goodness . . . and death.

Katrinawitch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Donald Trump is a big ball of nothing wrapped up in a goofy combover of hair. His wife always has this sour look on her face like she smells shit. There are many celebs who insist on not being spoken directly to by "common" people and even throw a screaming hissy fit if a regular person tries to make eye contact with them. I have heard this time after time about Julia Roberts and J-Ho in particular. We should get them on Trump's charter flight to hell!
    I would go out of my way to talk to these people if I ever met them IRL! Just to annoy the crap out of them. I've heard that about Tom Cruise, too; even on movie sets, none of the 'common' folk are allowed to make eye contact with him. I would SO piss him off, on purpose!

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    I would go out of my way to talk to these people if I ever met them IRL! Just to annoy the crap out of them. I've heard that about Tom Cruise, too; even on movie sets, none of the 'common' folk are allowed to make eye contact with him. I would SO piss him off, on purpose!
    I'd like to punch Tom Cruise in the face, but I'm not sure if my old joints would let me stoop that low. Maybe I could sit down to do it, or set him down on a stack of phone books.

By all accounts, most of the celebrities who I admire seem to be/have been pretty nice people - but I would be crushed to find out otherwise. If I saw Tom Hanks kick a puppy dog, I think I would have a heart attack on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    I'd like to punch Tom Cruise in the face, but I'm not sure if my old joints would let me stoop that low. Maybe I could sit down to do it, or set him down on a stack of phone books.

By all accounts, most of the celebrities who I admire seem to be/have been pretty nice people - but I would be crushed to find out otherwise. If I saw Tom Hanks kick a puppy dog, I think I would have a heart attack on the spot.
    Be careful riling up Mr. Cruise. I hear he has a direct line to Xenu. You will end up frozen in alcohol and glycol, then lose your soul. Then he will blow you up with a hydrogen bomb. And I hear that nuclear radiation is very bad for the finish on a banjo. Just a word of caution.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

I used to love Tom Cruise. Then, he showed his true colors and all that "nice guy thing" was just a sham. I refuse to watch anything that crazy jerk off is in now.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Be careful riling up Mr. Cruise. I hear he has a direct line to Xenu. You will end up frozen in alcohol and glycol, then lose your soul. Then he will blow you up with a hydrogen bomb. And I hear that nuclear radiation is very bad for the finish on a banjo. Just a word of caution.
    Yes, well, unless he has an in-floor telephone, he'd have to mount his high chair in order to reach the red phone to Xenu. I wouldn't let that happen, and cell reception is likely to tend toward nil if he's buried underneath me. Plus my God can whip his god's ass.

I am, however, concerned about the possibility of John Travolta swooping in to airdrop an "A-Team" of lawyers. But lawyers can be beaten off with banjos, if the music doesn't stun them first. My banjo is always set to "stun".

Also, don't forget that I know Neo now. If Tom gets uppity, I'll just ask Keanu to do some of that Matrix shit he's so good at.
    Last edited by Rosebud666; 02-05-2015 at 07:52 PM.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    I like the way you think!

Rosebud666 Guest
    I met guitarist and Chet-Atkins-protege Muriel Anderson years ago at a tiny concert years ago here in Germany. It was just her and her guitar and maybe ten people. She was a truly lovely person both inside and out. This must have been in late summer 2001 because Chet died at the end of June and 9/11 hadn't happened yet. She closed her program with Chet's arrangement of "Vincent" and spent several minutes talking to me and my little daughter. I remember her telling us BOTH how important it is to practice, because it's only once you really know what you are playing that you can start making music.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post

Just knee him in the face
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    I used to love Tom Cruise. Then, he showed his true colors and all that "nice guy thing" was just a sham. I refuse to watch anything that crazy jerk off is in now.
    I liked him, too. Now I can't stand the little weirdo. I feel the exact same way about Charlie Sheen and Mel Gibson.

2 more I'm gonna ask about. Has anyone ever met Dana Carvey (My OG SNL crush.) or Norm MacDonald?
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

Interestingly enough, some celebrities will be friends with you on facebook. I have befriended Hope Holiday, Francine York, Angel Tompkins, and Quinn O'Hara. It is fun to see what they say about other celebrities.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    Interestingly enough, some celebrities will be friends with you on facebook. I have befriended Hope Holiday, Francine York, Angel Tompkins, and Quinn O'Hara. It is fun to see what they say about other celebrities.
    I'm FB friends with Steve Di Schiavi from Dead Files. Well, I liked his page but we have chatted back and forth in private message. He's a really nice, down to earth guy. And he runs his FB page, he posts things himself, he doesn't have assistants who post for him.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Ron Masak (Murder, She Wrote) sent a message to me and told me that his facebook page was basically for family, but he redirected me to his fanpage, which he runs. He told me that he updates it with photographs and what is going on with his life. Kind of neat to have someone actually write to you. I like his fanpage.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Rosebud666 Guest
    If I ever become a real celebrity, I'm definitely going to be a nice one.

Of course, maybe many mean celebrities thought the same thing on their way up.

Anyway, it's kind of hard to play the banjo and be mean at the same time.

TorontoDude Guest
    ok I got two ..kinda....
    My ex gf Dawn was a Hostess/bar maid at a "ripper" club, she want one of the dancers, even if she was a stripper its a damn good job, but Stephen Baldwin and his trainer came in... she gave him her ph, as you do.... and he called her that night for a threesome...she declined, for yrs he would call when in TO, likely just rolling through ph# s till someone bit the hook

Another ex gf Cheyenne met Larry King, at a press thing,She and our friend Liz waited forever to say hi ,he was in a rush and said "sorry ladies I gotta go" , ever being very dramatic she looked so sad and made a face- Larry , feeling bad went to gently tap her cheek a few times...as you do... and she got confused/excited and routed her face at the last minute causing Larry King to land his thumb square into her mouth Bwahahaha

She could never tell that story without gales of laughter and noting " i am likely a dinner party story he wheels out about 'whats the craziest thing a fan did' "

BigSkyGuy Guest
    I grew up idolizing John Elway and met him twice: when I was 12, After a Broncos home game, he was signing autographs from his car. He did it for half-an-hour and then left. Some people might say that makes him a dick but given the fact that the man wanted to eat, I thought nothing of it. Well....then I saw him at dinner....we picked a lucky spot. I approached his table--he was with family, sitting with his dad, Jack. I said I was so sorry to interrupt his meal and he totally cut me off before I could finish the apology. He said no reason to be sorry, asked if I wanted an autograph, picture, both. Talked about Little Guy Football and then my dad came over. We are pseudo related to a guy who knows the Elway family and had been with him the day before at a Colorado State football game and had jokingly told us to tell John hello if we saw him. Well, shit, as soon as my dad mentioned his name John got his dad to come over and just asked a million questions. They invited us to have dinner with them but my dad wouldn't let us, said it was too invasive. He picked up our check though. He was genuinely a really, really nice guy.

I also met Oksana Bioul (sic). She was nice, I think, considering the language barrier (poor English).

I met Larry Hagman (aka JR Ewing). I was six years old and don't remember much but my parents say he was nice. Not overly gracious or anything but run of the mill nice.

I live in Evel Knievel's hometown and can relay from several accounts that the man was a totally ruthless asshole. He would borrow money and never repay it. Ran up thousands of dollars in bar tabs at several establishments--bear in mind this was in the 70s and 80s when things were REALLY cheap around here (today the average charge for a beer at most establishments is only $2.75)--and told the owners to fuck themselves because they owed him for being him. Except he never did a thing for the town and even in death this horseshit three day Evel fest we have every summer--run by his profiteering sycophant "friends", who are also hated by their fellow locals--generally benefits only out-of-town vendors. All for the memory of a total jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fishhead View Post
    2 more I'm gonna ask about. Has anyone ever met Dana Carvey (My OG SNL crush.) or Norm MacDonald?
    I never met him but I love Norm McDonald. The first time I saw him was on an episode of SNL where he was Burt Reynolds on Celebrity Jeopardy against Will Ferrell's Alex Trebek and I tears in my eyes by the time the skit was finished from laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSkyGuy View Post

I live in Evel Knievel's hometown and can relay from several accounts that the man was a totally ruthless asshole. He would borrow money and never repay it. Ran up thousands of dollars in bar tabs at several establishments--bear in mind this was in the 70s and 80s when things were REALLY cheap around here (today the average charge for a beer at most establishments is only $2.75)--and told the owners to fuck themselves because they owed him for being him. Except he never did a thing for the town and even in death this horseshit three day Evel fest we have every summer--run by his profiteering sycophant "friends", who are also hated by their fellow locals--generally benefits only out-of-town vendors. All for the memory of a total jerk.
    Have you ever heard those clips of how Evel Knievel answers his phone?

People have used his clips for years to use in prank calls.

Alexandra Guest
    My husband and I used to go to Star Trek conventions a long time ago.

A few actors I've met:

Garrett Wang (Harry Kim on "Voyager")--Really nice guy.

Walter Koenig (Chekov)--Really nice.

Robert Beltran (Chakotay)--Really cool. Found out someone I knew from high school was traveling with him or something like that. He was like, "You two know each other?" and she told him she'd played tuba in the high school band and I'd played flute. Interesting!

Jeffrey Coombs (Weyoun--Deep Space Nine)--My husband was with me on this trip and we had our son with us, who was 5 months old at the time. He was going on about what a cutie our baby was. LOL Same trip--my husband was deep in a conversation with one of the actors from Battlestar Galactica (don't know the name, think it was the blond guy, it's been 13 years).

So even here in Ohio you can see them. We used to go to conventions in Cleveland and Akron.

I met Eric Singer, the KISS drummer, at a KISS Convention in Brazil in 2003. At the time, he was alternating jobs between KISS and Alice Cooper, had already replaced Peter Criss as the Catman but Peter went back into the band to do the Symphony in Australia and Eric was a bit hurt because he had been let go again (eventually he rejoined the band definitely).

I'm not ashamed to say the two of us got smitten with each other. I have been a KISS fan all my life, and meeting Eric was a dream come true because, after Paul Stanley, he is my favorite. He was instantly attracted to me (I was 25 at the time) and we hooked up for the entire afternoon and evening. One thing led to another and... Well, you can imagine.

Before judging me, think of me as a real KISS fan for like, forever. Then, all of a sudden, my idol is interested in me... There was NO WAY I'd let the opportunity go to waste. I was single and young, and so was he. It was 12 years ago and whenever I feel bad about myself, I think of that day.

The Lucky One Guest
    Skeeter Davis was a true delight, as was David Archuleta, Rue McClanahan, Tracy Byrd, Collin Raye, Rhett Akins, Clay Walker, Willie Nelson, Linda Blair, Ari Lehman, Betsy Palmer, etc...

one of the only horrible experiences I have had was a guy named Andrew Byrniarski who played Leatherface or something in one of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies. He's a Grade A Douchemonger

Hockeywife Guest
    I met Piper Peabo (covert affairs, coyote ugly) while she was filming at a former workplace. She was very kind posing for pictures and signing autographs

I met British actress Susan George recently. I guess her most famous credit would be Straw Dogs with Dustin Hoffman. She was so kind and gracious, just lovely.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Steve Allen was appearing at an event at Cal State Northridge in the 1990s and was enraged when he arrived and found that none of the students who were running it knew him, even though he had been off television for 30 years.

A relative of mine who is a studio musician played in a band that backed Freddie Cannon at an oldies show and said he was a supreme ass.
    Last edited by Skiddledy Gumbo; 08-14-2015 at 09:37 AM.

Searched for a "Will Smith" thread but didn't find one. This should suffice. I will forever boycott anything this "man" does in the future:

~Will Smith Makes Huge Donation to Black Muslim Who Called for Murdering Whites

http://redrocktribune.com/will-smith...dering-whites/
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

I never liked the guy to begin with. But after this I like him even less. I'm glad his wife left after the first season of Gotham,I would hate to have to boycott one of my fave shows.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I never liked the guy to begin with. But after this I like him even less. I'm glad his wife left after the first season of Gotham,I would hate to have to boycott one of my fave shows.
    I am with you both on this Mansfield and McCourt
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    I am with you both on this Mansfield and McCourt
    He played the game well for a while. He denied being a part of Scientology even though hundreds of thousands of his dollars went to the cult. I read that they had to give him a refund for something. I guess they were worried he would talk. His children and wife seem nuts as fuck.
    Minerva

You know, I liked him on Fresh Prince and I liked at least one of his songs (actually 2 I think) when I was a kid but after he started movies and/or when he married Jada, I don't know exactly when, but at some point, I just couldn't stand him any more. I hope he doesn't ruin Suicide Squad.

Making that donation is ridiculous. Does he not realize how many of his fans have been white people? If you want to support an organization that helps black people that's completely understandable but to support one that actively calls for the murdering of white people is just fucking dumb.
    Last edited by atomicbettie; 09-17-2015 at 06:35 AM.

Al Leong. I've never met him personally, but he's a friend on FB and we got to touching base now and again. So when I got the idea to create an online Brandon Lee magazine I threw my shyness to the wind and asked him if he would do an inclusive interview. And he sent me a piece that very night, plus the following Monday I received his autobiography for free with three autographed photos and a membership card to his fan club. When the mag went live he told me I did a great job. What a guy!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by helo99 View Post
    I met Eric Singer, the KISS drummer, at a KISS Convention in Brazil in 2003. At the time, he was alternating jobs between KISS and Alice Cooper, had already replaced Peter Criss as the Catman but Peter went back into the band to do the Symphony in Australia and Eric was a bit hurt because he had been let go again (eventually he rejoined the band definitely).

I'm not ashamed to say the two of us got smitten with each other. I have been a KISS fan all my life, and meeting Eric was a dream come true because, after Paul Stanley, he is my favorite. He was instantly attracted to me (I was 25 at the time) and we hooked up for the entire afternoon and evening. One thing led to another and... Well, you can imagine.

Before judging me, think of me as a real KISS fan for like, forever. Then, all of a sudden, my idol is interested in me... There was NO WAY I'd let the opportunity go to waste. I was single and young, and so was he. It was 12 years ago and whenever I feel bad about myself, I think of that day.
    Judge you? Hell, you're my hero! If my idol became interested in me (never gonna happen) I'd definitely go for it. I don't blame you at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am excited to say that I met Barbara Eden last night. She was in our area for a Space Coast marathon. A bunch of people were running dressed as genies. I met her at a "meet and greet" in an auditorium. It did cost money to get an autograph, so I skipped that. However, at the meet and greet we were allowed to have our photographs taken with her. I was one of the last people and it was close to 11 o'clock at night. She was really tired. I couldn't blame her; it had been a long day. However, she continued to smile and be very personable. She thanked me for coming to the show. She really hung in there. I give her great credit for that. Even talking about other celebrities who have now passed away, she tried to avoid to say anything mean. Except, she did say that Ann Sothern was quite rude to her and she was afraid of her.

musicfanatic Guest
    I have a story to share, though it didn't happen to me personally. Anyway, my dad grew up with a famous comedian who knows bigger celebrities. We all keep in touch with the family of the comedian (though haven't met him). Long story short, his relatives were showing me photos of Frank Sinatra and knew him very well to the point they would go visit him and go out to dinner. Said he was a great guy and tipped the people in the restaurant very well. Also, that even though he was friends with Bing Crosby, did not like how he treated his kids. Never really into Sinatra but cool to see photos in a normal setting.

Not that I'm justifying anything but the reason some celebrities have different attitudes depends on the situation. For example some celebrities are sweet to fans but nasty to employees, while others are the opposite (though I'm willing to bet most who are nasty to employees are nasty to fans). I've seen some fans get really psycho and scary so I can understand why some get weird.

Another true story but my parents had these friends who were older black guys. We'd go to their parties and have fun and they'd talk a lot about music. Long story short I asked my parents why they knew so much about music and my parents told me they were a singing group called the Dells. Most of you won't know them but they are in the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame and the movie the Five Heartbeats is based on them. My parents attended high school where they did (though a bit later). Most have passed on. I think most of them still lived in the area at the time.
    Last edited by musicfanatic; 11-05-2015 at 02:12 PM.

I've read a lot about Crosby being such a fucker to his children. I would have loved to be old enough to hang around with Sinatra's group. They look like they knew how to party!!
    Minerva

Bidmor Guest
    Re Crosby, I remember hearing stories about him after Mary joined the cast of Dallas, more so after it was revealed that her character was the one who shot JR. Mary supposedly put her dad's attitude and control of his children down to Bing's older generation Irish-Catholic background. Bing was an entertainment industry innovator back in his day (first entertainer to record his tv shows on videotape) and that type of personality, professionally forward thinking, usually have difficult personalities in private.

Here's an article about Crosby's sons. I think a couple killed themselves:

http://www.people.com/people/archive...084544,00.html
    Minerva

musicfanatic Guest
    Yeah the way he treated his kids was horrible, but that thing happened a lot then. Truly abused kids often had nowhere to go. Of course we've gone the opposite now where kids need discipline as both extremes aren't good.

There has been some filming here in my city (Liverpool, UK) it's a prequel to Harry Potter apparently. Anyways my niece works at a high end hotel where she has served Jon Voight and Eddie Redmayne. She said both were lovely, but particularly Jon Voight!

I took my wife to the doctor and after she was called back I was sitting in the waiting room. An older woman entered and after checking in sat down across from me. I looked at her and quickly recognized her and said , "Hi Doris Roberts." She looked at me with a smile and said, "Yes. Hello." I told her I loved her in Christmas Vacation and Everybody Loves Raymond. She replied that she was still working and, "That bitch Betty White doesn't get all the parts." She saw my jaw drop and smiled and said, "Just kidding!" She was then called back to see the doctor but first asked me my name and then took my hand in both of her's and said, "It was a pleasure to meet you dear." and then yelled at the nurse, "I'm coming!" and left the waiting room. I could hear her exchanging greetings with people as she went to her exam room. Super nice lady and thinking about the Betty White line still cracks me up.

Awesome story!
    Minerva

navallint Guest
    That is great, DG, I like her.

Deborah Kerr Fan Guest
    Deborah Kerr had a perfectly lovely singing voice and sang frequently on stage and in film. Miss. Kerr sang in "An Affair to Remember" for example. In The King and I" Miss. Kerr, was not quite up to the very high notes on all the songs, especially on film where it is most critical, as she, herself pointed out. She also was very gracious (as always) and stated that Marni Nixon did a beautiful job of matching their voices. It's difficult to tell where Deborah started a song and Marni took over. Marni had a knack for picking up and replicating someone's singing voice. Miss. Kerr continued to get roles in musicals because she was a first rate actress, a beautiful woman, and a joy to work. She was also a fine singer. Her only drawback was despite taking many, many voice lessons, her singing voice was not strong enough nor quite high enough for projects such as "The King and I".

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Judge you? Hell, you're my hero! If my idol became interested in me (never gonna happen) I'd definitely go for it. I don't blame you at all.
    Thank you! At least I can say that I've slept with a guy from KISS that wasn't Gene Simmons. LOL!!

I forgot about Mark Russell. I've had several encounters with him of a business nature. He's a complete asshole, a no-talent hack who's convinced that he's a towering genius. Smug beyond imagining.
    Last edited by Skiddledy Gumbo; 12-29-2015 at 02:37 PM.

I wonder how much of a celebrity being mean or nice has to do with the day they were having.

In the last little while in Vancouver I've met 2 different people who met/worked with Jodie Foster.
    They had polar opposite views (reviews?) One said she was great, the other said she was 'mean' (his language was more colourful).
    They did interact with her in different capacities, one was a paparazzi in LA. I'll leave you to guess which one she might have been mean with.

I've been lucky enough in my life to work in jobs that allowed me to meet some celebrities. Other times I've just been in the right place at the right time I think. I think I've only had one 'bad' experience and that was more because I was a weirdo with him for no reason. lol They are all old-time celebs and some might not be known at all but here are some of my tales.

When I was a little kid, about 5, Dan Blocker who played Hoss Cartwright on Bonanza came to my subdivision to open some new model homes. We waited in line, it was pretty long, and when it was our turn (I was with my mom), he picked me up and kissed my cheek and told me I was a very pretty little girl. I looked around and said, "Where's your horse?" He explained he couldn't bring his horse with him and I said, "Okay. Put me down now." My mom was mortified but she said Mr. Blocker just laughed and shook his head. Nice man but I was a brat.

When I was a young teen, I had quite a crush on Rick Nelson when he was touring with the sunny, happy Stone Canyon Band. I thought he was so good looking and yes, I pretty much stalked him when he came to my hometown to play in a club. It paid off, I guess. He was my first, so Helo99 gets no judgment from me.

Years later, I was working in a doctor's office in NYC and one of our patients was Dustin Hoffman. He was kind of nice, kind of charming, and kind of a jerk in that he kept referring to himself as a 'loser' and said his kid might be a loser 'like his old man.' After he said that to me, he asked me out. Ummm. No.

I know there have been some pretty horrible stories about the group Alabama and Randy Owen in particular. I was at an event they attended and as they were leaving the stage, Randy spotted a young woman in a wheelchair that was parked near the stage. She was wearing a jacket covered in Alabama pins and had Alabama pictures pasted all over her chair. While they were on stage, she was waving and cheering. As they left the stage, they all filed passed her. Randy immediately turned around, went over to where she was and hugged her and kissed her. He whispered something in her ear and hugged her again. When he turned and left her, he was crying. He might be an ass but he had a heart for her.

This was the incident where I lost my mind. The guy was a singer/songwriter (maybe celebrity if loosely defined) named Austin Roberts. I think he was as one-hit wonder in the 70s. He had a song called Something's Wrong with Me" which would prove to be prophetic for me. I bought the 45 and played it until it was worn out. In the 80s, I had a job with ASCAP in Nashville and we had rooms that songwriters could book. Austin Roberts and his friends had booked a room and when he checked in, he of course told me his name. Oddly enough, the night before I had a dream where that song was playing throughout my dream. When he said his name, my head spun around and I blurted out, "Something's wrong with me!!" He said, "That seems to be the case" and I was mortiifed.

When I was a senior in high school I had a major crush on Mark Harmon. (He was Rick Nelsonn's bil at the time so I guess I was keeping it in the family or something) Mark was a senior at UCLA and played quarterback for them. He was playing in a college bowl game on Christmas Day and I begged my dad to take me. My dad was a huge football fan and enjoyed my crush on Mark and teased me about it. He took me to the game, great seats, and I watched Mark through the binoculars the whole game. After the game, my dad said, "Come with me" and he took me to the area outside the locker room. My friend had given me UCLA tshirt with Marks number on it for Christmas and, of course, I was wearing it. As the players filed out of the locker room, my dad said, "Tell me which one he is." I knew there was no way in hell I would point Mark out to him but when Mark came out of the locker room, I gasped. My dad marched up to him and said, "Are you Mark Harmon?" God bless Mark. His eyes got huge and his jaw dropped a little. My dad said, "Show him your shirt." I did and Mark seemed geniunely happy that some silly high school girl in Miami, Florida would have a tshirt with his UCLA number on it. (His number was 7, btw). Daddy asked Mark to sign my shirt and Mark turned beet red and stammered that he couldn't do that. He did autograph my ticket stub, though. I still have and it says, "Mark Harmon UCLA 7." Then my dad and Mark talked football while the rest of the team boarded the bus. Very nice guy.

When I lived in Nashville, my hair stylist also styled Dolly's wigs. I would go in to get my hair done and Dolly's wigs would be on wig heads all around the room. It was kind of funny. I was blessed to meet Dolly a few times and she was always kind and funny.

I have more but I'm know I"ve bored yall stiff. Thanks for reading this silliness.
    I mean, they say you die twice.
    One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.

Banksy

Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir1012 View Post
    I've been lucky enough in my life to work in jobs that allowed me to meet some celebrities. Other times I've just been in the right place at the right time I think. I think I've only had one 'bad' experience and that was more because I was a weirdo with him for no reason. lol They are all old-time celebs and some might not be known at all but here are some of my tales.

When I was a little kid, about 5, Dan Blocker who played Hoss Cartwright on Bonanza came to my subdivision to open some new model homes. We waited in line, it was pretty long, and when it was our turn (I was with my mom), he picked me up and kissed my cheek and told me I was a very pretty little girl. I looked around and said, "Where's your horse?" He explained he couldn't bring his horse with him and I said, "Okay. Put me down now." My mom was mortified but she said Mr. Blocker just laughed and shook his head. Nice man but I was a brat.

When I was a young teen, I had quite a crush on Rick Nelson when he was touring with the sunny, happy Stone Canyon Band. I thought he was so good looking and yes, I pretty much stalked him when he came to my hometown to play in a club. It paid off, I guess. He was my first, so Helo99 gets no judgment from me.

Years later, I was working in a doctor's office in NYC and one of our patients was Dustin Hoffman. He was kind of nice, kind of charming, and kind of a jerk in that he kept referring to himself as a 'loser' and said his kid might be a loser 'like his old man.' After he said that to me, he asked me out. Ummm. No.

I know there have been some pretty horrible stories about the group Alabama and Randy Owen in particular. I was at an event they attended and as they were leaving the stage, Randy spotted a young woman in a wheelchair that was parked near the stage. She was wearing a jacket covered in Alabama pins and had Alabama pictures pasted all over her chair. While they were on stage, she was waving and cheering. As they left the stage, they all filed passed her. Randy immediately turned around, went over to where she was and hugged her and kissed her. He whispered something in her ear and hugged her again. When he turned and left her, he was crying. He might be an ass but he had a heart for her.

This was the incident where I lost my mind. The guy was a singer/songwriter (maybe celebrity if loosely defined) named Austin Roberts. I think he was as one-hit wonder in the 70s. He had a song called Something's Wrong with Me" which would prove to be prophetic for me. I bought the 45 and played it until it was worn out. In the 80s, I had a job with ASCAP in Nashville and we had rooms that songwriters could book. Austin Roberts and his friends had booked a room and when he checked in, he of course told me his name. Oddly enough, the night before I had a dream where that song was playing throughout my dream. When he said his name, my head spun around and I blurted out, "Something's wrong with me!!" He said, "That seems to be the case" and I was mortiifed.

When I was a senior in high school I had a major crush on Mark Harmon. (He was Rick Nelsonn's bil at the time so I guess I was keeping it in the family or something) Mark was a senior at UCLA and played quarterback for them. He was playing in a college bowl game on Christmas Day and I begged my dad to take me. My dad was a huge football fan and enjoyed my crush on Mark and teased me about it. He took me to the game, great seats, and I watched Mark through the binoculars the whole game. After the game, my dad said, "Come with me" and he took me to the area outside the locker room. My friend had given me UCLA tshirt with Marks number on it for Christmas and, of course, I was wearing it. As the players filed out of the locker room, my dad said, "Tell me which one he is." I knew there was no way in hell I would point Mark out to him but when Mark came out of the locker room, I gasped. My dad marched up to him and said, "Are you Mark Harmon?" God bless Mark. His eyes got huge and his jaw dropped a little. My dad said, "Show him your shirt." I did and Mark seemed geniunely happy that some silly high school girl in Miami, Florida would have a tshirt with his UCLA number on it. (His number was 7, btw). Daddy asked Mark to sign my shirt and Mark turned beet red and stammered that he couldn't do that. He did autograph my ticket stub, though. I still have and it says, "Mark Harmon UCLA 7." Then my dad and Mark talked football while the rest of the team boarded the bus. Very nice guy.

When I lived in Nashville, my hair stylist also styled Dolly's wigs. I would go in to get my hair done and Dolly's wigs would be on wig heads all around the room. It was kind of funny. I was blessed to meet Dolly a few times and she was always kind and funny.

I have more but I'm know I"ve bored yall stiff. Thanks for reading this silliness.
    That was a great read, I love hearing about encounters with the famous. I had always heard that Dan Blocker was one of the sweetest and kindest guys in the biz. Going out with Dustin could have been interesting, or maybe not ! LOL

This summer, my son volunteered at an assisted living facility. They took a day trip to watch the Green Bay Packers practice- which is a common thing to do around here. After the practice, Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews came out to help the residents back into the van. My son didn't get to talk to them much, but I thought that was a nice.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013