Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3643444546 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,250 of 2265

Thread: Nicest and meanest celebrity you've met

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    That was a great read, I love hearing about encounters with the famous. I had always heard that Dan Blocker was one of the sweetest and kindest guys in the biz. Going out with Dustin could have been interesting, or maybe not ! LOL
    If Dustin had wanted to go out with us, he would have needed a ladder and a rope. He's quite short!!! LOL
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Kashmir - I remember Austin Roberts. He had a one hit wonder in the mid 1970's - "Rocky." It's one of those sad songs that has a nice beat.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    If Dustin had wanted to go out with us, he would have needed a ladder and a rope. He's quite short!!! LOL
    I had to look him up to see how short, under 5'6. You'll need an extension for that ladder ! LOL
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    Kashmir - I remember Austin Roberts. He had a one hit wonder in the mid 1970's - "Rocky." It's one of those sad songs that has a nice beat.
    I'm so happy you know who he is. I couldn't believe I had that song in my dream and then he walked in. I also can't believe I made a fool of myself that way with him. lol

I would like to share another if I may....it's about my duet with Vince Gill. (I have no singing talent but what I lack in talent, I make up for in enthuisiasm)

When I was living in Nashville, Vince Gill had a hit with a song called Oklahoma Borderline. I was stopped at a redlight and my windows were down, that song was playing on the radio. I was singing and dancing in the car. When I looked over to my left, Vince was stopped next to me at the light, looking straight ahead. I honked my horn and when he looked over, I turned the radio even louder and pointed to him, singing my heart out. He nodded his head and then began to sing and dance along with the song, too. We laughed and sang and when the light changed, he waved and drove off. That was my duet with Vince Gill!
    I mean, they say you die twice.
    One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.

Banksy

Kashmir...i also liked the read. also, i always thought dan blocker was a nice guy. i love hearing about old hollywood celebs

Lorenathered Guest
    Been a long time since I have replied on any threads. Mostly just a lurker. I came across this post and have been reading for 3 days now to catch up. I lived in Pittsburgh for a few years while I went to school and many movies get filmed there. Dogma was being filmed 15 minutes from where I lived, and I love Kevin and Jay so of course I had to crash the set. From the set, Chris Rock is nice but very shy. Linda Florentino is a total bitch. Selma Hayak is very nice and funny, but hard to understand sometimes as she speaks fast once she gets going. Kevin and Jay were very awesome.

Others I met:
    Noah Wyle: Was so sweet and down to earth
    Henry Winkler: Was nice but I wouldn't say overly friendly.
    Shawnee Smith: Wasn't even worth the effort. Very cold and uninterested in fans.
    Linda Blair: Very sweet.
    Jay Mewes: Met him again after the movie, this was just a few months ago - awesome as always.
    Tom Savini: A huge hero of mine. I have met him about 4 times now. He is a crap shoot. I have had him be very friendly and I have seen him be very standoffish.
    Walter Koenig: He was nice but I was not impressed. He barely looked up while meeting my mom.
    Ken Foree: Super nice guy and very tall!

I have many more but will have to come back and add to it later.

I had forgotten I'd met Sonia Manzano, who played "Maria" on Sesame Street. I was young. An article about the real story behind Snuffleupagus brought it flooding back. She was very warm and friendly. I remember being so excited to tell her that my name is Maria and my sister's name is Sonia.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Last October, I met the guys from A-ha (Norwegian band, famous hit was Take On Me). Morten Harket and Mags Furuholmen were the sweetest guys ever, they did a concert in my town and greeted all the fans in front of the hotel, signing stuff and posing for pictures. And of course, both are still stunningly handsome.

Scotti Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenathered View Post
    Been a long time since I have replied on any threads. Mostly just a lurker. I came across this post and have been reading for 3 days now to catch up. I lived in Pittsburgh for a few years while I went to school and many movies get filmed there. Dogma was being filmed 15 minutes from where I lived, and I love Kevin and Jay so of course I had to crash the set. From the set, Chris Rock is nice but very shy. Linda Florentino is a total bitch. Selma Hayak is very nice and funny, but hard to understand sometimes as she speaks fast once she gets going. Kevin and Jay were very awesome.

Others I met:
    Noah Wyle: Was so sweet and down to earth
    Henry Winkler: Was nice but I wouldn't say overly friendly.
    Shawnee Smith: Wasn't even worth the effort. Very cold and uninterested in fans.
    Linda Blair: Very sweet.
    Jay Mewes: Met him again after the movie, this was just a few months ago - awesome as always.
    Tom Savini: A huge hero of mine. I have met him about 4 times now. He is a crap shoot. I have had him be very friendly and I have seen him be very standoffish.
    Walter Koenig: He was nice but I was not impressed. He barely looked up while meeting my mom.
    Ken Foree: Super nice guy and very tall!

I have many more but will have to come back and add to it later.
    i'd love to meet linda blair, i love the work she does with dogs. plus she was my big crush as teenager

I had the pleasure this past weekend of meeting Dawn Wells and Ed Asner. Dawn Wells looked up at me and said, "Wow, you are pretty!" I looked at her and I said, "Wow, I knew that I would love you the minute that I met you." I had a photograph opportunity with her. I whispered to her, "You and I would have made great mothers." She said back to me, "You've got that right. It's a shame that it didn't happen." If you want to feel good about yourself - go and meet Dawn Wells.

Ed Asner was a riot. I said to him, "I would be honored to have my photograph taken with you." I bent down beside him. He patted his knee and said, "right here." I said, "Are you sure." He said, "Yes, of course." I told him that I had just had my photograph taken with Dawn Wells and she looked prettier than I did. He said to me, "Oh, well I don't know about that." I just read his autograph. It was a photograph of him with the Mary Tyler Moore cast. He wrote "To Sharon. A rose between two thorns." His photograph had him standing between Valerie Harper and Cloris Leachman. He is so funny.

Barbara Eden signed a photograph that I had taken with her back in October. I asked her if she ever met Elizabeth Montgomery. She said, "Oh, yes. Many times. We used to work beside each other." I asked her if she like the color pink. She said, "I love it. I also love purple."

Three celebrities who give me faith in the human race.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

I love when celebs get it. fans are what keep you going, I would think. fuck off julia roberts!

Niko88 Guest
    I have been to quite a few horror conventions. So I've met or at least had contact with a bunch of celebrities.

Doug Bradley- I was so disappointed because I am a HUGE fan of Hellraiser and Nightbreed. He was a dick. At the VIP party he was really rude to people and constantly complained about the music the DJ was playing. Bummer for me.
    Jeffrey Demunn- I love him as Dale on the walking dead! He really was very nice.
    Barbie Wilde- She was the female cenobite in Hellbound: Hellraiser 2. This lady is awesome! My aunt and I partied with her until like 3:00 in the morning!
    Kevin Alejandro- He was Jesus on Trueblood. He is truly a very nice guy. I met him amongst a huge line of people. Later the next night my aunt and I saw him at the bar in the hotel, and he came over and started chatting with us. He remembered us!
    Tom Savini held the elevator door open for me. I didn't meet him at his table, though. I've heard that he's hit and miss as far as his attitude. lol But I thought his gesture was nice. He could've let the door close on me. lol
    Ashley Laurence- Kirsty in Hellraiser. Funny story. I almost clothes lined her ass! I was throwing my arm out to emphasize a point or something while talking to some friends, and I guess she must have been in a hurry to get back to her table because she was kind of speed walking. Well, she speed walked right into my arm! She did not fall, thankfully.
    Bradley Gregg- He was

Niko88 Guest
    Wow. Somehow I lost the other half of my post? Idk baby niece started crying... I could've accidentally deleted or something Idk. Anyway...
    Bradley Gregg was really nice. He was Philip in A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors. You know the guy that Freddy turned into a puppet? I also ran into him in the elevator. He was with his son who actually looks alot like Shaun White the professional snowboarder.
    Steven Yeun- GLENN!! I love the walking dead! I also ended up in an elevator with him. He seemed really cool.
    Carl Weathers- Everybody knows this guy if you've ever seen Rocky. APOLLO! Wow, this guy is huge. It could maybe seem that way to me because I'm short, but I saw him at the VIP party. I tried to say Hello but he didn't say anything. Probably because it was loud and also because he was standing right in front of me when I turned around... I think he didn't see me. He was looking above me. lol
    Craig Sheffer- I love Nightbreed! He was also in A River Runs through it with Brad Pitt and a bunch of other stuff. I wanted to meet him, but I think I was too shy because I found him attractive. lol But I did see him at the VIP party and he seemed really nice. He was having a beer with some fans. I really wish that I would've talked to him. Dammit... lol
    That was my first convention in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Monster Mania. Awesome con! And you always remember your first... HAHA
    Other people that I've met at cons...
    Gunnar Hansen- Leatherface in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. He's a favorite! I'm so sad that he passed away! He was soooo nice to me! I met him at his table and we talked about his photos. I said I can't decide between these 2 pictures. He said well you picked my 2 favorites, but this one is the one that I like the most. So of course I chose that one! Hours later I was looking at an exhibit and I felt somebody sort of rub my elbow. So I looked over and it was Gunner. He called me by name and asked me if I was enjoying myself. I could have died! Stand up guy!
    David Naughton- He was in An American Werewolf in London. OMG that guy was HOT when he was younger!! And he's not so bad looking now for an older man!! He was really nice. I told him that I had seen him on an episode of Grey's Anatomy. He said that he enjoyed being on the show, and that episode was pretty emotionally taxing for him. We chatted for awhile.
    GARY FREAKIN' BUSEY!! That guy is funny! He had this picture at his table of a family. You know, Mom, Dad, Sister, Brother, Dog... lol When all of the faces were Gary's. LOL He said that's my family portrait, how do ya like it? Awesome!
    Jake Busey- He was parked right next to his dad. He was ok. Kind of standoffish.
    Steve Railsback- This sweet man I would love to meet again! I actually met him twice. Once in Maryland and once in Charlotte. He not only remembered my face but also my name! Plus I got a very sweet hug and a kiss on top of the head. You would never think that the man who played Charles Manson in Helter Skelter was in reality a sweetheart! lol But when he did the speech from Helter Skelter at the Q&A I almost peed myself! Great actor, It was terrifying!
    William Forsythe- Very cool man. Wouldn't ever want to piss him off, though. He yelled at a guy during the Q&A when his phone went off. He was like OH, Am I f@&king disturbing your phone call? Whoa... haha but he was cool to everybody else. He was answering questions about when he played Gacy. He did tons of research before doing the role, and he still thinks that there is another body that hasn't been found. I talked to him later at his table for awhile about this. Because I have watched a ton of documentaries and had my own opinions. It was awesome talking to him.

I've got tons more, but I have some things to do. So I'll be posting later.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko88 View Post
    Wow. Somehow I lost the other half of my post? Idk baby niece started crying... I could've accidentally deleted or something Idk.
    That must have been it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

​Hi everyone! Has anyone here ever met Randolph Mantooth?

navallint Guest
    Miss Sue, I have Randy on my FB, he was diagnosed with cancer last year, but he posted several months ago he is now cancer free. He is very nice

Niko88 Guest
    Gearing up for Mad Monster Party this weekend! Malcolm McDowell will be there, George Romero, Dee Wallace, PJ Soles, and Linda Blair. Lots of others. Looking forward to meeting Malcolm McDowell. I love A Clockwork Orange! I actually have his auto, but I didn't meet him myself. A friend of mine did. He said that he was a nice guy. So now I have to see for myself! They always have some wrestlers there too. This time they've got Chyna and Al Snow. I'm not big on wrestling, but I get a kick out of seeing them. A couple years ago they had Sergeant Slaughter and Jake the Snake. Sergeant Slaughter is all CHIN! LOL Wow. He seemed really nice to his fans. At first I thought he was a statue because he was standing there not moving, but when I walked by he smiled. lol

I used to have a huge huge huge crush on Bradley Gregg, started when he was in Stand By Me. I loved NOES DW too.

Have you ever seen Robert Russler from NOES 2 and Weird Science? He was so amazingly good looking back in the day, and still was pretty good looking in the Nightmare on Elm Street anniversary doc. Seems pretty cocky though.

Niko88 Guest
    Yeah, Bradley Gregg is a good looking guy. He's aged really well! I haven't gotten to meet Robert Russler, although it would be cool to me him. I freaking love Weird Science. That is such a quote worthy movie! Wyatt- "Gary was just takin' a shit!"

musicfanatic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sue View Post
    Never met him but chatted with him on another forum and he was nice. We share a mutual friend and he said he's a great guy. I had a huge crush on him.

Gearing up for Mad Monster Party this weekend! Malcolm McDowell will be there, George Romero, Dee Wallace, PJ Soles, and Linda Blair. Lots of others. Looking forward to meeting Malcolm McDowell. I love A Clockwork Orange! I actually have his auto, but I didn't meet him myself. A friend of mine did. He said that he was a nice guy. So now I have to see for myself!
    Malcolm was a super nice guy in person (to this fan at least). Have followed his career since "If...". After he autographed my 8x10 glossie I started to walk away (the line to his table was very long) and my wife said, "Aren't you going to get a picture with him?" I hesitated, and Malcolm said (almost in a hurt tone of voice), "You don't want to have your picture taken with me?" After the shot as I got up to go I said, "Thanks, Malcolm, I know you'd rather have your picture taken with the babes than old guys like me" and he replied, "Is it really that obvious?" A class act all the way.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yourimage.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	53690  
    Last edited by StudioJoe; 04-23-2016 at 03:18 AM.

Niko88 Guest
    He was amazingly nice, and I very much enjoyed his Q&A session. Dee Wallace was really nice as well. Beautiful woman!

He was amazingly nice, and I very much enjoyed his Q&A session. Dee Wallace was really nice as well. Beautiful woman!
    Yeah. I haven't been to a con where Dee Wallace appeared, but did get Tom Savini's autograph at another one and told him I liked his remake of Night Of The Living Dead better than the original! Ironically I have George Romero's autograph but that one I didn't get in person.

I accompanied my brother to another as he was dying to meet Louise Fletcher and get her autograph; when I complimented Fletcher on One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, I got the year of its release wrong (by one year). She went stony-faced and corrected me and that was the end of the conversation. Yikes!

Niko88 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StudioJoe View Post
    Yeah. I haven't been to a con where Dee Wallace appeared, but did get Tom Savini's autograph at another one and told him I liked his remake of Night Of The Living Dead better than the original! Ironically I have George Romero's autograph but that one I didn't get in person.

I accompanied my brother to another as he was dying to meet Louise Fletcher and get her autograph; when I complimented Fletcher on One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, I got the year of its release wrong (by one year). She went stony-faced and corrected me and that was the end of the conversation. Yikes!
    Yeah, some of them can be testy! lol I'm sorry you had a bad experience. When I met Steve Railsback he had asked me about meeting other celebrities and if they were nice to their fans. I said I only had one bad experience and that was Doug Bradley. It was too funny because Steve had no clue who he was, but he did say that that was not acceptable. That was at a con in Baltimore. When I met him again in Charlotte he was stationed next to Doug Bradley! Haha! Steve remembered me, but I did not remind him about Doug Bradley. lol

When I met him again in Charlotte he was stationed next to Doug Bradley! Haha! Steve remembered me, but I did not remind him about Doug Bradley. lol
    That's priceless. Loved Railsback in The Stunt Man, think he's a very underrated, underappreciated actor, but glad to know he's a swell guy in person.

Cons are great places to meet legendary people, you never know how the stars will be in the flesh.

Tippi Hedren was a classy lady, very nice to fans. Because she was also promoting her wildlife refuge, saving endangered species, I think her kindness to animals may have made her very personable.

Karen Allen (yes, that Karen Allen!) was fun and really seemed to enjoy interacting with fans one-on-one or, rather, one-by-one.

Niko88 Guest
    Wow! Tippi Hedren? I was pretty freaked out the first time that I watched The Birds because I have ornithophobia, but I really ended up enjoying the film. It was hard to be afraid of birds when you can see the wires. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sue View Post
    My cousin did some years back when he was in Virginia. She says he was very nice. When asked about Emergency he did tell her the set was quite smokey. I can see that between Jack Webb ( now he WAS a smoker ) and Julie London was known as the Marlboro cigarette gal back in the 50s. "..wouldn't a cigarette taste good right now ??...have a Marlboro cigar..ette.."...and even during Emergency apparently Julie still loved her Marlboros.
    Last edited by choff; 04-27-2016 at 06:20 PM.

Glad to hear that Randolph Mantooth is nice. He has managed to keep his looks. I remember the actress who played "Maria" on Sesame Street. Grew up watching that as a young child. I recently met actor Larry Storch in New York City. I found him to be a very kind soul of a man. He is very gracious to his fans and enjoys meeting them. I don't know if this person is considered a celebrity, but he sure is colorful - astronaut Buzz Aldrin. He was at a book signing at Kennedy Space Center. There was a very long line to meet him. I've got to hand it to him - he must have signed 300+ books and kept a smile on his face the entire time. I would love to hear what he would have to say about aliens.

Seagorath Guest
    James Brown was cool...revved up.

joem789 Guest
    George Jones - Met him on the way to the stage. What a jerk. He had everyone pissed off that day.

Blackhawk (band) - Met them and hung out for awhile after their first hit single. The singer Henry Paul was a real egomaniac dickhead, avoiding fans and stopping and complaining every few seconds during rehearsal. The keyboard player was cool. But I didn't care for his bragging about cheating on his wife. I'm happily married. The other guys were very nice.

Joe Diffie - Hung out with him. Very Very nice guy.

Butch Patrick - A very nice stoner

Hank Williams Jr. - An okay guy. But what a drunk!

Clay Walker - A real prick.

The best person I ever met was my wife. Can't do better than someone who sacrifices and works hard, unlike celebrities.

I met Bruce Kulick from KISS last year. What a nice guy, very polite. He even "recognized" me from a picture with a common friend.

zombiesRus Guest
    My ex and I met Jose Feliciano years ago in So. Cal. He was so down to earth and we were totally comfortable with him.

Stood in line at an amusement park with Cher and the kids with the guy she married after Greg Allman. (Years and years ago in So. Cal.). She didn't say anything to anyone but I remember the nasty comments about her from the other folks in line.

My ex met Ali outside a theater in LA and Ali gladly shook his hand and said nice to meet you.

Mark "The Bird" Fidrych autographed a napkin in Northboro, MA for my Mom who is a huge sports fan.

Gordon Jump- Super nice. He was the Maytag Repairman at the time and was at one of their stores to do some promotion work. When I walked in the store he was sitting at a table by himself reading a newspaper. I walked up to him and said hello and asked if he would autograph a movie poster for a movie that was one of my favorite movies that he had a role in. When he saw the poster his face lit up and he spent the next 30 minutes talking about the movie. He told me how much fun he had making the movie and told me several stories about the other actors in the movie and things that happened on and off the set. He autographed the poster and thanked me for stopping by. (I didn't mention how much I enjoyed WKRP and didn't realize that until after I had left.)

Larry the Cable Guy (Dan Whitney)- I got to watch him film a commercial for Disney. He is such a great guy and super funny. He joked with everybody and took tons of photos and signed dozens of autographs. He bent down to talk to little kids and did Mater's voice from Cars for them over and over.
    Last edited by Desert Ghost; 06-19-2017 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    My cousin did some years back when he was in Virginia. She says he was very nice. When asked about Emergency he did tell her the set was quite smokey. I can see that between Jack Webb ( now he WAS a smoker ) and Julie London was known as the Marlboro cigarette gal back in the 50s. "..wouldn't a cigarette taste good right now ??...have a Marlboro cigar..ette.."...and even during Emergency apparently Julie still loved her Marlboros.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    Glad to hear that Randolph Mantooth is nice. He has managed to keep his looks. I remember the actress who played "Maria" on Sesame Street. Grew up watching that as a young child. I recently met actor Larry Storch in New York City. I found him to be a very kind soul of a man. He is very gracious to his fans and enjoys meeting them. I don't know if this person is considered a celebrity, but he sure is colorful - astronaut Buzz Aldrin. He was at a book signing at Kennedy Space Center. There was a very long line to meet him. I've got to hand it to him - he must have signed 300+ books and kept a smile on his face the entire time. I would love to hear what he would have to say about aliens.
    I loved Emergency! when I was a kid. I watched some of it on Netflix recently. Not bad. Still holds us fairly well. I do like to see how much medical equipment has changed. Me and my best friend had a huge crush on Randolph Mantooth. Glad to hear he was nice. He has aged well. The most recent thing I saw in him was 2 episodes of Sons of Anarchy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Back in 2008, my sister treated my wife and me to a Loretta Lynn concert. It was a small space that was PACKED with people, but because my wife is in a wheelchair, we were seated in a place that was easily visible.

I didn't meet her, though I WISH I HAD, but she did wave right back at me from the stage. After the concert, I made my way out to her bus, but I missed her, so I didn't even get to say hi. Her twin daughters were hanging out with people outside the bus, but I was too shy to approach, so I stood by the front corner of the bus. They sure were pretty, and that made me self-conscious, because I sure am not! lol

Any fan of Loretta's probably knows all about her kids, too, so to me, they were almost as impressive as their mother (almost). I saw one of them look directly at me, then the other one, too. I blushed and waved, and they smiled beautiful smiles, kinda giggled, and waved back. It made my night! I was sad I didn't get to meet their mother, but man it was awesome that I had that!

I forgot to mention before that Loretta impressed the hell out of me, when she was first out on stage. She asked if anyone had brought her chair out. They said no. She smiled and said, "If they can stand, so can I!" It was HOT outside (June in Texas), and eventually they brought her chair out, so she could rest, but I seriously doubt anybody there minded a bit. I know I didn't.

She was funny as hell, too! She kidded around with her son, Ernest Ray, who was also on the show, and man they made me laugh. The only bad part of the experience is that we were seated right next to some enormous speakers, so everything was WAAAAAY loud! It was worth it, though!
    Last edited by nthaniel; 12-10-2017 at 07:57 AM.
    http://www.facebook.com/hermyjack
    My personal Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/hermanforstmann
    My music page on Facebook

Jeffrey Ross - Nice guy, fun to hangout with

Marc Maron - Nice guy. bright mind, always on the look out for something interesting that he can incorporate into his act or podcast

Gilbert Gottfried - Nice guy, very nebbish, and yes cheap. Was amazed at how he could turn the Gilbert persona off and on

Scott Thompson and Kevin McDonald (Kids in The Hall) - Super cool guys, it was a real treat to hang out with them - It was like I stepped into a Kids in The Hall sketch

Pauly Shore - He was a dick, way too full of himself - I give him props as he did sign everything and take photos with fans

Carlos Mencia - ok, a bit of a dick, no pretension, what you see is what you get

Tracy Morgan - Sweet guy, just like he is on stage or screen - big goofy, happy guy

Amy Schumer - ok, kind of preoccupied when I met her

Lisa Lampenelli - hilarious and super sweet. she may be boisterous and loud, but she was nice to everyone she met

Ahmed Ahmed - Super nice guy - like Marc Maron, bright mind, always on the look out for something interesting that he can incorporate into his act or podcast

Because of my job, I've met tons of other comedians and musicians - we'll eventually add more

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Because of my job, I've met tons of other comedians and musicians - we'll eventually add more
    In an earlier existence, had lots of opportunities to meet & interview celebrities on tour too. In '78 I attended a Steve Martin concert where he was doing two shows in one night. After the 1st show, I waited for the auditorium to clear, climbed up onstage, then proceeded to wander unchallenged through the back passageways til I came to his dressing room and opened the door (security was much more lax in those days!). Just Steve and his manager/roadie/gofer were in there. Steve was sitting on a sofa on the far side of the room, stripped to the waist (that was when he was wearing his trademark white suits) and totally exhausted. I asked him if he had time for an interview, and Steve (to his credit) weakly raised an arm and said "Maybe after the last show". The little weasel waited to see what his master's reaction would be, at which point he started yelling at me to get lost, get the hell out of there. But Steve couldn't have been nicer (or more patient), considering.
    Last edited by StudioJoe; 12-29-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Pete Rose- My brother was headed to the men's bathroom in a music store a few weeks ago as he was on his phone talking with our mom. He was getting ready to say goodbye and end the call when the restroom door opened and Pete Rose walked out. My brother said hello to him and as a joke asked him if he would say hi to our mom and he said yes! Pete Rose spent the next 10 minutes talking with her and he couldn't have been more nicer. When he was done talking with our mom he handled the phone back to my brother and shook his hand

Quote Originally Posted by StudioJoe View Post
    In an earlier existence, had lots of opportunities to meet & interview celebrities on tour too. In '78 I attended a Steve Martin concert where he was doing two shows in one night. After the 1st show, I waited for the auditorium to clear, climbed up onstage, then proceeded to wander unchallenged through the back passageways til I came to his dressing room and opened the door (security was much more lax in those days!). Just Steve and his manager/roadie/gofer were in there. Steve was sitting on a sofa on the far side of the room, stripped to the waist (that was when he was wearing his trademark white suits) and totally exhausted. I asked him if he had time for an interview, and Steve (to his credit) weakly raised an arm and said "Maybe after the last show". The little weasel waited to see what his master's reaction would be, at which point he started yelling at me to get lost, get the hell out of there. But Steve couldn't have been nicer (or more patient), considering.
    My buddies were in Shop Girl with Steve. They said he was really nice, but a bit stand offish - He doesn't sign autographs anymore, but when he was asked for autographs, he passed out cards that said something to the effect, "I met Steve Martin, he gave me this card and was a really neat guy".

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    My buddies were in Shop Girl with Steve. They said he was really nice, but a bit stand offish - He doesn't sign autographs anymore, but when he was asked for autographs, he passed out cards that said something to the effect, "I met Steve Martin, he gave me this card and was a really neat guy".
    During the 2016 show he did with Martin Short and the Steep Canyon Rangers, they got audience participants for one of the sketches. As the people were going back to their seats, one of them asked Steve if he could take a selfie. Steve obliged while the guy fumbled on the edge of the stage with his cellphone. Here's Steve Martin, live in front of a sold-out crowd, and still he took time for a photo op with this doofus. Steve is a real class act, IMHO.

The worst celebrity had to be a (since deceased) smooth jazz musician from the 90's named George Howard. To prepare for that interview I listened to all his recent recordings, had a photographer with me and a list of questions I had really given a lot of thought to. He was just plain nasty and arrogant and -- I think -- a little paranoid that I was a "purist" who was going to do a hit piece on him because he was identified with the lighter "adult contemporary" sound. After about 15 minutes of trying to get him to talk, I just diplomatically excused myself and left.

Met some new celebrities this year -

Martha Smith (the sorority girl from Animal House - Babs) - nice and down to Earth)

David Naughton - very kind

Linda Blair - very nice. Likes to talk about animals

Cary Elwes - pleasant and polite. Kept telling me that I was sweet

Gary Lockwood - very funny

Lucy Lawless - the funniest and nicest lady

I have a couple, but the encounters are ancient. Read: When I was a kid.

A bit of backstory, as it were. I have cerebral palsy. Luckily, very mild in my case. But I was a "poster child" for my area's local telethon. Anyway, I got to meet and greet some stars from back in the day. My parents and I had breakfast with Robert Mandan from "Soap". He seemed super sweet and was always trying to make me laugh. Also met some of the New York Yankees from that season. Lou Pinella kissed my mom's cheek and she was in heaven. :-)

When I was older, in college in the early '90s, John Ratzenberger came to my college to discuss the environment. This was around a year or so before "Cheers" ended. And it was huge at my school. Well, John finished up the environmental chat, asked if there were questions. Maybe a hand or two went up. After that was addressed, he smiled and asked if anyone wanted to talk "Cheers" and did anyone have questions? The place was a sea of arms and he stayed there for ages, just laughing and talking. He seemed like a great guy.

I technically met Jamie Farr but I was around 3, so I don't remember. LOL! But my parents still have pictures somewhere of him with me.
    Last edited by ShyLurker; 05-30-2018 at 08:21 PM.

May have already mentioned it, but I interviewed Al Leong online and via his bio, which he sent to me free of charge, along with autographed pics. He was really down to earth and super nice.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

A friend of mine met Madonna at Denver's Brown Palace Hotel years ago. He said she was well Madonna !! She had the TV removed from her room and her kids were not allowed to talk to anyone...period !!!

Met comedian great Jerry Lewis and what with his sons?

Hi does anyone have some real life Jerry Lewis, wife and his biological sons, read the ones they were great, also why did he disinherit all sons?
    thanks!

Tyga- Ran in to him as he was walking from Disneyland to Disney's California Adventure a few days ago. My nephew is a huge fan of his and spotted him. He took several photos with my nephew and was super nice and friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    Hi does anyone have some real life Jerry Lewis, wife and his biological sons, read the ones they were great, also why did he disinherit all sons?
    thanks!
    Nope sorry, Jerry Lewis was a big time jerk because he treated
    his kids from the first marriage awful.
    Also until his death he said women comedians were never funny.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

When I worked in travel we had an office at The Sutton Place Hotel and met quite a few. Here are some that left an impression.

Joan Collins - funny and charming.
    Richard Karn - soft spoken and very kind
    Laurie Metcalf - bitchy and mean
    Charlton Heston - a total gentleman
    Debbie Reynolds - miserable and demanding
    Susan George - a very kind lady
    Jaclyn Smith - just lovely
    Patty Hearst - sweet and funny
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    When I worked in travel we had an office at The Sutton Place Hotel and met quite a few. Here are some that left an impression.

Joan Collins - funny and charming.
    Richard Karn - soft spoken and very kind
    Laurie Metcalf - bitchy and mean
    Charlton Heston - a total gentleman
    Debbie Reynolds - miserable and demanding
    Susan George - a very kind lady
    Jaclyn Smith - just lovely
    Patty Hearst - sweet and funny

Another lovely hotel turned into "luxury" condos. Downtown has become a real urban jungle. And a pricey one too!

It's sad when I'm in town and walk by. The mystique is gone.