Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Katie Couric

Katie Couric

Katie's Salary is safe

Comforting to know that in wake of the brutal axing of CBS New Employees- and these CBS News people are loyal, hard-working,that the president of CBS News is assuring the rest of the media that they have no plan to trim the chubby $15 million salary of their last-place chief newsreader (and highest-paid TV journo) "Katie" Couric.

(Drudge quotes a "veteran producer" saying ""She makes enough to pay 200 news reporters $75,000 a year!" which is cute, because producers make a lot more than that...)

Sez Sean McManus: “Katie’s work on the Evening News, 60 Minutes and special events is brilliant. Nobody in the business works harder than Katie and I can tell you unequivocally that there have been and are no plans and not even a single discussion about making a change or renegotiating.”

While CBS News staffers clear out their desks or find themselves banned from entering the building during a week of bloody, unsparing layoffs for the once revered division, their field marshal, chief newsreader, celebrity and most highly-paid worker in television news, Katie Couris, plays Leon Helmsley for Harper's Bazaar magazine.

The big powerful television news authority, national balm during times of emergency and crisis, using her blog words like "gussied up," "glamour puss" and "moi," playing make-up and dress-up like a spoiled little girl. In the words of the late Pauly Fuemana, how bizarre. Bad timing, anyone?

Here is a link to that Harper's Bazaar article.

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/magazin...hion-interview

I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Sam Guest
    I like Katie Couric!
    I sure do miss her on the "Today" show though.

sheri Guest
    She annoys me almost - almost - as much as Kathie Lee Gifford.

I think she's over paid by about 14 million...but that's just my opinion.
    "Dying is just nature's way of saying, hey, you're not alive anymore!"

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sheri View Post
    She annoys me almost - almost - as much as Kathie Lee Gifford.
    I used to hete Kathie Lee too, until I started watching her with Hoda, and now I like her.

Who's that humping Katie?

Looks like Jodie Foster...

Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Who's that humping Katie?

Looks like Jodie Foster...
    Photos of Katie Couric reportedly celebrating her September 2006 debut as anchor of the CBS Evening News have made their way onto Facebook, and the pictures show Couric letting loose on the dance floor.
    The photos of Couric dancing were said to have come from an album entitled, "Four Martini Mimimum." [sic]
    These came from the Huffington Post. People got to vote on 'the move that is your favorite? Check them out in the slideshow below.

Just thought she'd be out partying this way again after keeping her salary.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1...ow#slide_image
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

GrinReaper Guest
    Bubble headed bleech blond tell you the plane crash with the gleam in her eye.

I prefer Anderson Cooper. He really seems like he actually cares and is genuily concerned.
    Others deliver bad news one second and then are smiling in the next frame.

Sam Guest
    Well, I prefer Anderson Cooper too......... But Katie, "She ain't so bad."

crimson and clover Guest
    Cannot stand Katie Couric

I like her, don't watch her anymore, but I like her. She's done a lot of good work for colon cancer and what I've seen is a genuine, good person.

I only liked her when she played Corky Sherwood on Murphy Brown.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I think she's rather pleather suitcase-ish.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 02-05-2010 at 06:49 PM.

kandykisses Guest
    I can't stand Katie Couric. She is a rude bitch to any republican and fawns all over the democrats. She is in no way impartial in her interviews.

I love me some Anderson Cooper. He has been in the trenches and has gone to the places he reports on and put himself in the line of fire. He is definitely worth everything he get's paid.

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kandykisses View Post
    I can't stand Katie Couric. She is a rude bitch to any republican and fawns all over the democrats. She is in no way impartial in her interviews.
    I KNEW I loved that girl!!!!!

stinkythejokedog Guest
    [quote=coconn04;1002766]

she's either attempting to dance or preparing to take a dump in public

Quote Originally Posted by stinkythejokedog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post

That pic reminds me of the Oprah pees for ten minutes video Ich posted, lol.

kandykisses Guest
    How did I miss that video off to see it.

I enjoyed her on both the Today show and on CBS news.
    Guess this must be some kind of publicity stunt to watch
    Katie on the evening news.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

GrinReaper Guest
    [quote=stinkythejokedog;1003101]

Hurrah hurah!
    I'm the anchor and the rest of the world suffers! Yeeeeehaw!!!!

That's what I get from seeing these.

Quote Originally Posted by kandykisses View Post
    How did I miss that video off to see it.
    Here ya go: http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...495#post943495

This one make me want to invite Katie to a party.
    How many drinks did she have in her to make her dance like this.
    Well I wish her luck as she goes up against Diane Sawyer.
    We haven't seen her dance pictures yet.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

[quote=stinkythejokedog;1003101]

Yeah.. not attractive. If I made 14 mil you can bet your ass that I would find better uses of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Inked_Daddy View Post

Yeah.. not attractive. If I made 14 mil you can bet your ass that I would find better uses of my time.
    Wouldn't ya just? I'm starting to think she belongs on one of the Real Housewives of... shows with this weirdness she's got goin' on.

This one make me want to invite Katie to a party.
    How many drinks did she have in her to make her dance like this.
    Well I wish her luck as she goes up against Diane Sawyer.
    We haven't seen her dance pictures yet.
    Wow, she looks very creepy-cougar-drunk in that one!

Hate her. I've never liked her uber-bitchy style of "journalism" and I think she is nowhere close to feminine or sexy in any way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Taggerez Guest
    "She makes enough to pay 200 news reporters $75,000 a year!"
    Typical.

FannyB1923 Guest
    Wonder who is the Real Katie- Ms. Perky Good Morning circa 1995, or "Queen of All Media" (oh wait, that's Oprah!) Cougar News Diva?

Hey, anybody heard from Jane Pauley lately? TV just chews them up and throws them on the compost pile.

28. 02-09-2010, 09:22 PM

Katie is a hottie.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Katie without make-up

Couric’s Future Questioned at CBS

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/07...oned_at_c.html
    This past spring, CBS News president Sean McManus and executive vice-president Paul Friedman discussed whether to try to bring an end to what may be the last great experiment in network news: Katie Couric, anchorwoman.

Though her reported $15 million annual contract is not up until next June, one idea that was floated was for CBS to buy out the remainder of Couric's contract this September and put in someone new this fall, according to people familiar with the conversation.

Executives were perhaps also concerned about the bad publicity that might result from a long contract negotiation with Couric, especially if she ended up leaving. McManus didn't want to make an early move, and CBS CEO Leslie Moonves was also against moving so quickly. “Leslie is incredibly supportive,” one person familiar with Moonves's thinking explained. “Moonves and Katie have an excellent relationship.”
    Couric, too, is considering her options, according to sources familiar with her thinking. While her name circulated as a possible successor to Larry King at CNN, Couric is open to a range of television ideas at various networks, including remaining at CBS. A spokesperson for CBS News declined to comment on internal conversations. Couric's spokesperson, Matthew Hiltzik, told me that “Katie is enjoying her job and is focused on her work. And we'll leave the speculation to everyone else.”

Edna St. Vincent Millay

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Ms. Colonoscopy really scares me...my sac ascended into my intestines by viewing her images...I'm a very straight dude and I do not find anything remotely attractive about her..I'd tap B. Walters before her...aggressive toothed freak, she is

Sam Guest
    I love her, and I hope she goes back to the "Today" show.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    I had a nightmare that the evil gummed KC was forcing me to have a colonoscopy..strap style!

Sam Guest
    I had a nightmare that the evil gummed KC was forcing me to have a colonoscopy..strap style!
    Was it REALLY a nightmare?

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Was it REALLY a nightmare?
    Ha!

I don't mind her delivery at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    Ha!

I don't mind her delivery at all.
    Just so long as she delivers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Katie can do me strap style any day. Gotta be better than the gastroenterologist who did my colonoscopy a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Katie can do me strap style any day. Gotta be better than the gastroenterologist who did my colonoscopy a few months ago.
    Yeah, and at least Katie will give you a kiss when she is doing it (one hopes).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

News anchor Katie Couric has something to say about the names of Sarah Palin’s children – and it’s not something nice!

RadarOnline.com has the video of Katie rehearsing for the CBS Evening News during the 2008 Republican National Convention. She’s caught on tape mocking the names of two of Palin's children, Trig and Track.

Watch the Video

Couric says, "Where the hell do they get these names?" before the audio operator quickly turns down the microphone. The video continues with Couric talking about

Palin’s background and how her parents were out hunting caribou” when they got the news of their daughter’s nomination for Vice President. Through laughter Couric says, “I can’t make this stuff up!”
    She also jokes about the pronunciation of Wasilla, Palin's Alaskan hometown.

This video was taped several weeks before Palin's notorious interview with Couric where Palin struggled to name a single publication she read regularly. That interview set off something of a feud between the two women, with Palin saying she was annoyed by Couric's questions and telling Couric she's "not the center of everybody's universe."

This is not the first time Couric has been the victim of leaked video. In 2007, footage of Couric mocking Dan Rather as she prepped for a segment was leaked to MyDamnChannel.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Mmmeeeeeooowwww!

Can NOT stand that woman! Everyone thinks she's the sweetest thing ever. I think she's just a bitchy moron who thinks way too much of herself.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

GODDESS6 Guest
    awwwww i love katie!!!~ those pics of her dancing are hysterical!!!~

smooches27 Guest
    She's just not one of my favorite people, she just rubs me the wrong way. (Nothing against anyone that likes her, there are plenty of people I like that other people find revolting!)

GrinReaper Guest
    News anchor Katie Couric has something to say about the names of Sarah Palin??s children ?? and it??s not something nice!

RadarOnline.com has the video of Katie rehearsing for the CBS Evening News during the 2008 Republican National Convention. She??s caught on tape mocking the names of two of Palin's children, Trig and Track.

Watch the Video

Couric says, "Where the hell do they get these names?" before the audio operator quickly turns down the microphone. The video continues with Couric talking about

Palin??s background and how her parents were out hunting caribou? when they got the news of their daughter??s nomination for Vice President. Through laughter Couric says, ??I can??t make this stuff up!?
    She also jokes about the pronunciation of Wasilla, Palin's Alaskan hometown.

This video was taped several weeks before Palin's notorious interview with Couric where Palin struggled to name a single publication she read regularly. That interview set off something of a feud between the two women, with Palin saying she was annoyed by Couric's questions and telling Couric she's "not the center of everybody's universe."

This is not the first time Couric has been the victim of leaked video. In 2007, footage of Couric mocking Dan Rather as she prepped for a segment was leaked to MyDamnChannel.
    I'm with Katie on this one.
    Anything and everything that the Pailheads do deserves to be made fun of!
    Trig and Track! WTF kinds of names are those?
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    I'm with Katie on this one.
    Anything and everything that the Pailheads do deserves to be made fun of!
    Trig and Track! WTF kinds of names are those?
    LOL
    I think this is where Katie gets into trouble.
    Evening News is suppose to be a place for unbiased news and she throws her 2 cents in too often.
    I think liberal should mean tolerant and open-minded, this is not how Katie behaves herself .

BY the way, Sarah knew that Trig was going to have Down Syndrome when he was born.

According to Gov. Sarah Palin, the name means strength, brave, or victory.
    A male name based on this root is common in some Nordic countries .

Trig was also the name of the baby’s great uncle, KTUU News learned from Sarah Palin’s father. He also mentioned that one of Trig’s middle names, Paxson, was chosen in honor of Paxson, Alaska — home of the Arctic Man snowmobile festival.

This is according to Todd Palin.

Sarah’s parents were coaches and the whole family was involved in track and I was an athlete in high school, so with our first-born, I was, like, ‘Track!’

Bristol is named after Bristol Bay. That’s where I grew up, that’s where we commercial fish.

Willow is a community there in Alaska.

And then Piper, you know, there’s just not too many Pipers out there and it’s a cool name. Piper is the name of popular bush plane in Alaska.

(The origin of the name Piper is English. The meaning of the name is "flute player." [1] From Old English origin its meaning is "pipe player." [1]

"Piper" is also a synonym for a squab[1], particularly that of a dove or pigeon).

And Trig is a Norse name for “strength.”
    Last edited by coconn04; 08-07-2010 at 04:58 AM.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Frankly, why would Today want her back? Meredith is cheaper, fits better with the current frothy news-lite style of Today, and doesn't smell of failure.

It's sad for Katie, but she isn't really necessary anymore, and CBS News is not a relevant medium. They should really just put her on the Early Show. Reply

Katie Couric Rules Out Return To TODAY

CBS Evening News anchor Katie Couric, in an interview airing on the Wendy Williams Show Monday, says she won??t be making a return to morning TV:
    ??No! No that??s not something that I??m doing ?? I love the Today show, I miss all my friends from the show. I still see Matt [Lauer] a lot, and I saw Al [Roker], he was running in Central Park the other day and I said ??Hey Al,?? and he said ??Hey?? and I??m like ??Hey, it??s Katie!?? He thought I was a random!?
    Couric, who lost her husband, Jay Monahan, to cancer years ago, says she has no plans to marry current boyfriend, Brooks Perlin:
    ??I don??t know. When my girls were little my husband died when Ellie had just turned six and Carrie was two, and I think when they were really little ??I sort of thought I??ll be like Mrs. Brady and I??ll meet somebody and we??ll have a family. And it didn??t really happen, and I??m really happy with the way things are, and maybe one day I??d like to be re-married, but it??s not something I really think about. I like having my independence, and my girls ?? for them it??s the new normal. I wish they had known their Dad, but it??s fine and I??m really happy.?

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Mammy Guest
    Not a fan of hers at all. Must be nice to make that kind of jack just for flapping your cocksucker.

Always have liked her. Not sure what anyone's problem with her would be, she raised her two children after losing her husband. I rather admire that. Then went on to raise a lot of money and awareness for colon cancer. I've raised two on my own so I can relate to her challenges. It isn't all about money.

Katie Couric: Miami Beach with Brooks Perlin!

Look at Katies Boyfriend. Way to go Katie. Does anyone think her money and fame have anything to do with it. She kind of looks old enough to be his mother(SHE is 54). Maybe she is with him for his intellect. What does he see in her?

Couric has never been that bright. She has the perkiness of a Cheerleader.

An intellect she is not.

Katie Couric relaxes on the beach in a bikini with her shirtless boyfriend, entrepreneur Brooks Perlin, on Sunday (January 30) at the Ritz Carlton South Beach in Miami, Fla.
    The 54-year-old news anchor shaded herself from the sun with a New York Yankees hat and read some of Stieg Larsson’s The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo while Brooks, 36, strolled along the beach.
    Katie’s guest appearance on Glee will air on Sunday (February 6) directly after the Super Bowl.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Forever-27 Guest
    Shes a schlep. Shes A male chris matthews. and hes just a stooge for the democrat controled mainstream media. i avoid her newscasts. Its funny as hell when Sean Hannity rips on her and chris matthews.

Katies newscasts are just entertainment to me, sorta like WWE wrestling. I never take whatever she says seriously.

DonnaMc Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I used to hete Kathie Lee too, until I started watching her with Hoda, and now I like her.
    I was the same way. I like their show.

I've always liked Katie Couric too.