Thread: Brittany Murphy

knothere Guest

knothere Guest
    ya she looks a lil thin i blame her last husband

MIZIZVOGUE Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by knothere View Post
    Brittany Murphy Dies

Posted Dec 20th 2009 1:37PM by TMZ Staff
    Brittany Murphy died early this morning after she went into full cardiac arrest and could not be revived, multiple sources tell TMZ.

She was 32.

A 911 call was made at 8:00 AM from a home in Los Angeles that is listed as belonging to her husband, Simon Monjack, the Los Angeles City Fire Department tells TMZ.

We're told Murphy was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

Murphy starred in such films as "Clueless," "8 Mile," and "Don't Say a Word."

Story developing ...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0aG733cEE
    **I meant THIS photo she looks like DEATH WARMED OVER!**

knothere Guest
    either way shees not fat

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    I like him; I think that it's rare to find many women who like him.
    Haha, I know! Thats what I get all the time.. Ive been listening since the Jackie days. I just downloaded the entire year off 1995 and have been listening to it, I think the old shows are neat to listen to but I've found it shocking how horrible he is to his first wife, Im only about 1 month into the year and he refuses to allow her in the bedroom after 8 oclock because he said he cant sleep with her (he says she annoys him and keeps him awake by sleeping beside him) at one point he pushes her OUT of the bedroom and locks the door, Calls her on the radio repeatedly saying shes fat and if she doesnt lose weight hes going to cheat on her, talks nonstop about her family and how fat/annoying they are and installs a camera and a buzzer on the basement door so that nobody can come in there while hes in there unless he buzzes them in. Its pitiful hearing her calling in after he talks about her and shes in tears.

her husband is a real slob

Hippo Guest
    Well, I hope that he just refused on religious reasons and not because he had anything to do with her death.

I didn't realize that he was Jewish and that autopsy was such an issue.

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post

Haha, He looks like artie lange!

Is it just me or does he look high??

knothere Guest
    Haha, I know! Thats what I get all the time.. Ive been listening since the Jackie days. I just downloaded the entire year off 1995 and have been listening to it, I think the old shows are neat to listen to but I've found it shocking how horrible he is to his first wife, Im only about 1 month into the year and he refuses to allow her in the bedroom after 8 oclock because he said he cant sleep with her (he says she annoys him and keeps him awake by sleeping beside him) at one point he pushes her OUT of the bedroom and locks the door, Calls her on the radio repeatedly saying shes fat and if she doesnt lose weight hes going to cheat on her, talks nonstop about her family and how fat/annoying they are and installs a camera and a buzzer on the basement door so that nobody can come in there while hes in there unless he buzzes them in. Its pitiful hearing her calling in after he talks about her and shes in tears.

punklove Guest
    Not that I know anything about her or her husband, But the photos of her with him look as if she isnt as.. vibrant as she normally looked.

knothere Guest

he looks like the syko charlie brown

Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post
    It could also be possible that he feels the need to 'protect' any secrets she may have, such as an eating disorder... She was painfully thin.

No clue really, he seems like a creepy guy from the reading Ive done.
    Ya know...I'm just not seeing "painfully thin" with her at all. IMO, she's always been a skinny/muscular girl but nothing overly disgusting. The only thing I noticed about her the last few years was that she seemed a bit more dazed and goofy....like she was on drugs. Something about her definitely changed and it was visible on her face and in the way she acted.

Her hubby is definitely creepy and gross. I've no idea what she saw in him as he seems like a sweaty, fat mess but perhaps he's a real charmer or is a demon in the sack.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily_Aleister View Post

she looked so very thin, and she has bags under her eyes. Poor Brit.

trishsixxm Guest
    I have been told many times in my life that love is blind. So how knows what really went on behind closed doors? It's just such a shame.

punklove Guest
    "I hope to have a few. I??ve always loved kids and babies and always wanted to be a mom."
    - Brittany Murphy tells OK! Magazine

trishsixxm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneticElectric View Post
    Ya know...I'm just not seeing "painfully thin" with her at all. IMO, she's always been a skinny/muscular girl but nothing overly disgusting. The only thing I noticed about her the last few years was that she seemed a bit more dazed and goofy....like she was on drugs. Something about her definitely changed and it was visible on her face and in the way she acted.

Her hubby is definitely creepy and gross. I've no idea what she saw in him as he seems like a sweaty, fat mess but perhaps he's a real charmer or is a demon in the sack.
    That's is not what I want to picture looking at his pictures. Yuck!

Meli Guest

Okay, not to sound like a total bitch, but seriously?! Here is a young, rich, beautiful, and talented woman.... and she marries this greasy, over-weight, balding con artist? WHY? You can not convince me she just fell in love with this guy and had to be his bride.... anyone else think this is fishy? This guy gives me a serious case of the creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post

I remember the first time I saw a picture of the two of them together and I thought 'Holy shit........"

People can't help what they're born with but dammit try to look clean. JENNIFER LOPEZ' husband for example has a face that could break your watch but he's always groomed, well dressed and looks like he puts some pride into his appearance.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Yeah reading about her husband in the beginning when she first hooked up with him, something didn't sit well in my stomach either. Well the truth will be revealed soon.

So I'm not going to say this to anybody that I know but I'm extremely creeped out. Last night I couldn't stop thinking about Brittany Murphy for some reason and started googling her images, and even updated my Facebook status to say: "It's really sad what's happened to Brittany Murphy, why did she have to become a disaster?" I had a weird feeling and the SAME thing happened to me when Heath Ledger died. It's really strange and I don't like it.

Lily- Me too! I was perusing my gossip mags, and I saw her pics with her hubby. Then I started to wonder, and wonder about her. She was on my mind all evening, and here we are now discussing her death!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When life hands you tequila, make a margarita.

punklove Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneticElectric View Post

I dont think that shes disgusting at all, I just think there are a lot of photos with her looking much too thin. Her legs in this pic seem much too thin (the upper thigh area)

Sorry for the writing on the pics, they came from perez hilton.

Christ ! He looks like a leftover from THE SOPRANOS !
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

davidbrown Guest
    Who dies at 32? I'm sad but not really surprised. She did have a reputation in Los Angeles as being very difficult to work with. And you don't want to alienate the bigwigs. Because if you do, you won't get hired. Someone else will take your place. There are hundreds of thousands of actors hungry for a role. I mean, how many movies has she done in the last few years? Her good movies were years ago. Death's been working double time this year alone.

Lily_Aleister Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentino009 View Post

Lily- Me too! I was perusing my gossip mags, and I saw her pics with her hubby. Then I started to wonder, and wonder about her. She was on my mind all evening, and here we are now discussing her death!!!
    I wish I could pin point exactly when these intuitions happen and channel something or other. ??? My mom experiences the same thing, before somebody passes, the night before they're stuck in our brain. Who's to say that we're sensing something or we just happen to be thinking of them?

King Cryo-le Guest
    I googled some more after Simon Monjack , there are hoards of women and conned business partners all over the world who want to see him bleed. Didn't Brittany have internet :

Kate @ 05/16/2007 at 9:42 am
    The world is an unfortunate place because Simon Monjack is in it. He stalks J DATE (Jewish online dating service) for unsuspecting women and fools them with his charismatic personality, British accent, and pseudo wealth, in order to live off of their money. Simon??s evil knows no bounds. He drops other people??s money like it is nothing. He is nothing but a sharp tongue, brilliant manipulator, and thief. His mood swings are erratic with a childish rage that pops up out of nowhere. He is Bipolar and has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Brittany, he is dangerous and will tell you anything you want to hear. His life is his own fantasy script that he re-writes every day. Sorry for your tragic mistake and make sure your rings aren??t fakes!!!

@reply | Flag This

# 11
    Elly @ 05/16/2007 at 12:55 pm
    Poor Britany- Simon dated my best friend for 6 months- flew out to LA and never came back- she then realized he had chrarged hundreds of thousands of dollars on her credit card-they were engaged with a fake five ct diamond ring- This could only be done by a ruthless SOB- by the way he also claimed that his money was in Switzerland and due to banking laws could not be sent to the US so they had to live off her $$ and credit cards (opening new ones in her name of course)until his money coudl be sent.
    G-d bless Britany for taking him off the scam market.

@reply | Flag This

# 12
    STELLA @ 05/16/2007 at 6:28 pm
    Simon Monjack is a spoiled child who only recognizes his own needs and will continue to disrupt lives and abuse women to satisfy those needs. He lives in his own fantasy world where the facts continue to change constantly. I knew him for a short time - he abused someone very close to me - a beautiful trusting person who remains trusting and beautiful thanks to a wonderful support system of dear friends who all fell for Simon??s charade as well He is slick. We are so greatful that he is gone from our lives but we feel for his new inner circle - ??watch your wallets and your backsides?.

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2007/05/07/simon-monjack-brittany-murphy-wedding/#ixzz0aHPmtgB5

Justicia said:

Well done Bluto, you nailed it. Your comment is so true it gave me goose bumps. What to add? Well, Switzerland of course, where his hundreds of millions lie. OH, and the Edie book which he dragged around like a Linus blanket for years (but did nothing with since he cannot write).
    Simon, the world is getting smaller....Brittany, it is time to grow up and act. Luckily, this is out in the open so you have nothing to fear if you do this properly. Proceed with caution.

Trey said:

The entry about what a dear, honest, kind man Simon Monjack is was surely written by Simon himself. He must be in hell. Nothing is more horrific for a nacrissist than to have his ugliness revealed to the world.
    To you doubters -- on the life of my baby -- every word that I have read on this site about him is true. He is a bad, bad, man, and I feel terrible that BM has made such a terrible mistake. On the other hand, if she had not, then Simon might have gone right on hurting people. Now he will perhaps be stopped.

noah said:

simon monjack is a piece of shit. He tried to mary my aunt until we found out he was fake. He also gave my aunta ring that was made out of Cubic Zirconias then he ran away to california.

Anonymous said:

Simon also has a child in Paris that he deserted right before

Claire said:

To all, #31, #34, #39...I was also conned and abused in the most horrific ways. I will not be able to attend the hearing, but hope and pray that he will be deported - better yet, jailed so he cannot hurt any more. He will not last in jail, he is fat and lazy and keeps threatening to kill himself. His conning days are hopefully numbered.

Henry said:

He took me for a ride, and all I can say is, what have I got to lose by asking for more proof from #47. What if there is a kabal forming to bring this dirt bag to justice? Victims hide. Victors take a chance. The reason this jerk has gotten away with his fraud for so long is because everyone has been afraid to step up.

Anonymous said:

To #53: Perfect Monjack Drama! I had not heard that one, but then again, he could not tell me that one. Pray justice will come and Monjack can make up stories all day long in a lonely prison cell from where he can harm no one but himself. He keeps threatening to kill himself, why does he not live up to his promise

stopmonjack said:

I to am a victim of SM and a solicitor. I am trying to set up a class action against him to split the costs and get maximum publicity. Please email me at stopmonjack@tmo.blackberry.net. I am not simon monjack and I will give evidence of that to anyone who contacts me. The longer we leave it the harder it will be. Please contact me in confidence, immediately. Thank you.

Anonymous said:

Brittany, have you never wondered why your posh eloquent, wealthy polo-playing husband has not taken you to London to introduce you to all his friends and royalty? The simple truth is that Simon Monjack has no friends, he has conned many people in London and a few even gave him money to cure his "terminal cancer". He never went to Eton, has no education and cannot write. He has been a con man since most can remember and has never taken care or paid for his lovely daughter. There is nothing refined about this revolting man...he is running scared and Brittany took him in. He found his perfect victim, and she will pay through the nose. (which he will obviously keep clean until he gets Green Card). What a fat lazy slob...the only active thing is his sick mind.

anonymous said:

#91, thank you for making me laugh out loud.
    For some reason I hung on to a couple of begging/pleading letters that the scumbag sent to me from The Priory....and what reading material - apologies for the lies, deceit and voilence...it was obviously an excerise the therapists made him work on, but its all there - his admission to a very dark/personality disorder. Perhaps the reason I hung on to the letters was for future sharing with his other victims.

Anonymous said:

OK, so Brittany, check your telephone records for calls to Ghana....he loves to call the sex lines and does he make you call him daddy?

Anonymous said:

Happy New Year Conjack lovers. Reading about Monaco and Paris made me giggle....oh the BS that boy told me about Monaco and Paris. Did you know he was a major player in exporting A1 cars to the stars in Monaco? Or that he left mounting hotel debts at the Belle Rive in Monaco? or that he had a daughter in Paris? of course she was tragically killed off in a car accident - oh that poor the French diplomats wife hahaha.....roll on July 2008.

Lily_Aleister Guest
    I have read so many rumors of him being her drug supplier, and also that he has so much "dirt" on her that he blackmailed her into marrying him/supporting him, etc. He seems like a pimp to me (and not in a good way).

punklove Guest

It very well could be bad angles that make her look skinny because there are loads of photos that she looks to be at a normal weight, like below.

Cat lady in training Guest
    I've been seeing the bad press on her husband for years, and all of these people that he allegedly scammed.... but have any of these people ever actually taken legal action against him? I'm not on his side by any means, he seems like an all around skeeze bucket, but seeing the posts of all these message board style allegations against him seems a little odd that there aren't half a million lawsuits against him since he has ripped off everyone in the free world.

Lily_Aleister Guest
    Also, there was a blind item recently about a B list movie actress with a shady husband who is addicted to crack, many guesses pointed to her.

Lily_Aleister Guest

punklove Guest

RIP Brittany.

Her husband looks like a real dinner winner....
    I think she had an eating disorder, which always fucks up your heart. ANd he probably contributed to it, being verbal about her not being thin enough. And there probably was drugs involved. And a husband who doesnt want an autopsy to find out what his wife died of - there is something shady there. Sans religious reasons, but still..I would want to find out what the love of my life (or at least that minute) died of.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate - Hell for the company" - Mark Twain

punklove Guest

punklove Guest
    While the Los Angeles Police Department is conducting an investigation, the cause of death for Hollywood actress Brittany Murphy may not be known for some time. The L.A. County Coroner’s Office will perform an autopsy on Murphy’s body, over the objections of her husband. The results of the autopsy may offer some clues as to what triggered her untimely demise Sunday morning.

Celebrity news website TMZ.com reported this afternoon that Brittany Murphy’s mother, who found Murphy unconscious in the shower and called 911, told paramedics that her daughter had a history of diabetes.This could be an extremely important clue as recent studies have shown a clear link between diabetes and an increased risk of health disease and heart attack.

In fact, according to a study released last year, adults being treated for diabetes are just as likely to have a heart attack or stroke or die from cardiovascular causes as people who have had a prior heart attack. The same study also revealed that diabetics are perhaps twice as likely as non-diabetics to die following a heart attack. “Little by little I think people are beginning to understand the dreadful consequences of diabetes, but we have to do more to make patients aware,” Northwestern University professor of preventive medicine Martha L. Daviglus told WebMD when the data was released last year. “It has been considered just another risk factor for heart attack and stroke. We now know that it is much more than this.”

There’s still no official word yet from Murphy’s family if the actress was being treated for diabetes or any other health risk factors that may have contributed to her death.

This sucks. I wonder how they are going to off Luanne on KOTH?
    R.I.P. Brittany.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

maybe he just ate all the food

To be perfectly honest, he looked closer to death than she did.
    Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post

Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post

Christ ! He looks like a leftover from THE SOPRANOS !
    OMG!!! You guys have been holding out!!! Nobody told me Brittany was married to Gene Simmons!!!

That being said, I feel sad at this news-she has seemed kind of lost for quite a while. I will remember her as Tai in Clueless, singing "Rolling With My Homies" and getting bonked in the head.

RIP, Brittany

punklove Guest
    Prescription drug abuse has long been a problem in Hollywood. Celebrities have no problem finding doctors willing to prescribe ?? and in some cases overprescribe ?? dangerous sedatives and painkillers.Murphy was not known to have any health problems that would spark a cardiac arrest. A Cedars-Sinai Medical Center spokeswoman said Murphy was dead on arrival at 10:04 a.m. Sunday (Dec 20).

At 8 am this morning, LA paramedics responded to a call from at a home in the 1800 block of Rising Glen Road owned by British screenwriter Simon Monjack, who is married to Murphy.Murphy??s career has been in eclipse for the past few years, although she had found steady work as the voice of animated characters in of Fox??s ??King of the Hill? and Gloria the penguin in ??Happy Feet.?

Britney spoke with Access.com at a Los Angeles party on Dec. 3, and talked excitedly about the coming year.??As far as having a New Year??s resolution, I??d love to have a child next year,? she said at the time. ??But that??s kind of a large one!? according to the Web site.

The actress also spoke in glowing terms about her family. ??I??ve been very blessed to have a really great loving husband,? she said. ??I spend more time with my family than anyone else in the world?

She will appear in Sylvester Stallone??s new film, ??The Expendables,? set for release next year.

punklove Guest

Its shocking how much his looks changed in such a short time..

Does the second photo look as if shes covering up a black eye to you guys? It could just be bags but it looks like a bruise?

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    This sucks. I wonder how they are going to off Luanne on KOTH?
    R.I.P. Brittany.
    King of the Hill was canceled earlier this year.

MissLissa Guest
    Has anyone else seen the movie "Deadline" she was in this year? I just watched it on Netflix a few days ago. It was embarrassingly bad. She looked like hell,overly skinny and the acting was just as bad. It was like she was totally spaced out and not because of the character. I told my son then that there was something horribly wrong with her, drugs or something. I have seen her in many movies and it was just heartbreaking seeing her condition in that movie.

punklove Guest
    Wow, what a weird interview. She looks stoned out of her mind and that accent is just weird.

http://gawker.com/5196771/brittany-m...king-or-nerves

Quote Originally Posted by Cat lady in training View Post
    King of the Hill was canceled earlier this year.
    Dammit.
    Now I wont ever know how Luanne died.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

trinlee Guest
    I've got a bad feeling about this, something just doesn't sit right. I have a feeling that when the autopsy results come out the fits going to hit the shan, so to speak. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.
    I was watching 'Just Married' on Saturday night, and was wondering where Brittney had got to, I guess now I know.

punklove Guest

The 'blind' item:

Our B list film actress who happens to be married to a real winner was on a recent modeling shoot. Our actress loves crack and had arranged to meet a friend of a friend while she was in this city not her own who was going to supply her with everything she needed. He did show up, and she bought enough rocks to get her through the day. Unfortunately she didn??t have a crack pipe because she didn??t want to carry it on the plane. Her dealer didn??t have one either. To say she was upset was an understatement. She sent her dealer and her assistant out to get one. They came back a short while later with one they had got from a homeless person for $100. Our actress didn??t even bother to say thanks. Just spent the next hour in kind of a haze, the photo shoot be damned.

punklove Guest

Guest Guest
    well if he's on drugs he's the fattest drug addict I've ever seen!

if what her mom says is true and she had a history of diabetes then that can put stress on the heart..as the study has shown...add that to any substance abuse or drastic dieting then you have a recipe for disaster...but my hinky meter is through the roof on this guy...didn't he just get taken to the hospital himself after acting oddly on a flight? so where was he when she died? If he had some issue would a Dr approve him to fly again so soon? Notice how the article says HE owned the home? with what money? all accounts on him is that he's a con artist type...if she put everything in his name..had huge life insurance policies..he can't honestly think that the authorities aren't going to be suspicious...and let's say she was an insulin dependent diabetic..when did he leave town in relation to her collapsing?

oh who knows maybe it's just her being so young that has me wanting to believe foul play over drugs/health condition..but that slob and his history has got me thinking he did something to her!

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily_Aleister View Post
    I have read so many rumors of him being her drug supplier, and also that he has so much "dirt" on her that he blackmailed her into marrying him/supporting him, etc. He seems like a pimp to me (and not in a good way).

This is my impression-but who knows.

trinlee Guest
    [quote=punklove;978327]

The 'blind' item:

This photo doesn't even look like Brittany, and not just because her hair is a different colour either, she looks gaunt.

Guest Guest
    I'd also like to know if her mother saw her before she got into the shower...or him before he left