Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burt Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Here you go Kate...this is supposedly from April/May 2011:

Still looks like the bandit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Loni Anderson cleaned him out.
    That, she did. What a nasty public divorce that was.

I'd clean somebody out too if I was presented with divorce papers before I knew there was going to be a divorce. But I've heard that's the way he is. He can't confront. Of course, you can't believe everything you read, so who knows what he's really like.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

radiojane Guest
    I'm too young for the divorce details, but I tell you, it will be a sad day in the radio house if old Ed Earl kicks! Pretty big fan of his Charlie B. Barkin.

I know someone that lived in Florida years back, and worked in his restaurant. She said that just about every day, Burt would sit at the bar watching TV (usually college football). She said that anyone could walk in and sit right down next to him, and he wouldn't give it a second thought. However, she slipped and fell in the kitchen due to a leaky dishwasher, and hurt her back really bad. To this day, she has back problems. Well, she ended up suing him. He stopped being nice to her after that.

I went to his ranch in Jupiter back around 1997. I even still have the tshirt.

You know we wanna see a pic of that shirt now, don'tcha, Dom?

He was a competent TV actor, not so much in movies.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

Magnus, at one point he was the highest paid movie actor in Hollywood. Right around the time of Smokey and the Bandit. I suspect you are in the minority here.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Burt has said the only reason he was given a break in Hollywood was because he resembled Marlon Brando. He did back in the sixties. But I do think he is a good actor. He was fantastic in Deliverance and Bandit. I didn't watch the TV series Evening Shade enough to know if he was good on TV or not, but it was a hit and I've heard people rave about it.
    Last edited by cindyt; 01-28-2013 at 10:39 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Magnus, at one point he was the highest paid movie actor in Hollywood. Right around the time of Smokey and the Bandit. I suspect you are in the minority here.

I remember well that streak he had in the '70's.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

Bayou Queen Guest
    I don't know if i ever posted about meeting him. About a year after Katrina, I was leaving one morning for work and as I going down my street I saw a number of trailers and at first I thought they may have been FEMA trailers but then I noticed people with movie equipment, Burt was making a movie here and was using a house on my street. When I got home from work, I got my camera and walked down there hoping to get a snap shot. They were filming inside the house which was covered tent like. Finally he came out and spoke with some people and I motioned with my hand and said " excuse me, may I get a picture" and he walked up to me and took my camera and gave it to his assistant, but his arm around me and had him take a photo of us together. I then thanked him and he then grabbed me and said something like" I can do better than a handshake" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. He was very charming and I can understand how he romanced Sally Field, Dinah Shore, Tammy Wynette and Loni Anderson, he was very charming and smelled fabulous. I should have asked him what fragrance he was wearing because I would have gotten some for my hubby. He looked rather nice, certainly surgically altered, but he was dressed very nicely and was very nice.

They never released this movie, it was about a gambler and while I was waiting for Burt to come out of the house, Charles Durning showed up and I was told by someone there that he was making a brief appearance in the movie. I need to look for that photo, I know it was on my old computer and it crashed and I lost quite a bit of stuff. There are now movies being filmed all over New Orleans now. I saw Kate Hudson filming too, but from a distance.
    Last edited by Bayou Queen; 01-28-2013 at 04:30 PM.

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Burt used to be quite yummy back in his Smokey and the Bandit days, but since he had plastic surgery on his eyes and a facelift, he is kinda freaky looking now. He reminds me of that scary, plastic Burger King guy!
    He does! Burt was quite handsome in his younger days. I read recently that he is very ill? I hope not.

MoonRabbit Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
    I don't know if i ever posted about meeting him. About a year after Katrina, I was leaving one morning for work and as I going down my street I saw a number of trailers and at first I thought they may have been FEMA trailers but then I noticed people with movie equipment, Burt was making a movie here and was using a house on my street. When I got home from work, I got my camera and walked down there hoping to get a snap shot. They were filming inside the house which was covered tent like. Finally he came out and spoke with some people and I motioned with my hand and said " excuse me, may I get a picture" and he walked up to me and took my camera and gave it to his assistant, but his arm around me and had him take a photo of us together. I then thanked him and he then grabbed me and said something like" I can do better than a handshake" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. He was very charming and I can understand how he romanced Sally Field, Dinah Shore, Tammy Wynette and Loni Anderson, he was very charming and smelled fabulous. I should have asked him what fragrance he was wearing because I would have gotten some for my hubby. He looked rather nice, certainly surgically altered, but he was dressed very nicely and was very nice.

They never released this movie, it was about a gambler and while I was waiting for Burt to come out of the house, Charles Durning showed up and I was told by someone there that he was making a brief appearance in the movie. I need to look for that photo, I know it was on my old computer and it crashed and I lost quite a bit of stuff. There are now movies being filmed all over New Orleans now. I saw Kate Hudson filming too, but from a distance.
    I love it when people discuss their up and close experiences with big Stars! Thanks for sharing.

Wow.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Burt not looking long for the world, but Wow! Who ate Chevy Chase???
    Last edited by Dangitbawb; 05-02-2017 at 02:17 PM.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Saw Chevy on the Today Show a few years ago, and well, his thoughts seemed incoherent, so I supposed it was either medication, or, heaven forbid, dementia. Maybe the former, though, if he's still making appearances.