Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alexa Ray Joel

KristinEileen Guest

Alexa Ray Joel

Reports coming in about Billy Joel's daughter having been hospitalized for an apparent drug overdose!

KristinEileen Guest
    Looking for more info..as soon as I find it I will post a link!

KristinEileen Guest

Littleroben Guest

KristinEileen Guest
    Should this be merged with the Ugliest Celebrity Spawn thread? lol

Guest Guest
    Poor lass

hoxharding Guest
    I think she is very pretty-
    Doesn't her Father suffer from Depression?

Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    I think she is very pretty-
    Doesn't her Father suffer from Depression?
    I also think she is very pretty; not the stereotypical bleached blonde beauty that frankly her mother is- much more uniquely beautiful. It sounds like she's very talented as well. I hope she can get the help she needs and lives a long and fulfilled life!

It certainly sounds like her father has at least self-medicated with drugs during rough patches in his own life. He's been to rehab in fairly recent years.

Very sad. I really feel for this young woman.

Poor little lamb.
    The press has been vicious towards her in the past.
    Can't be easy to be the offspring of a super model and live in the public eye.

KristinEileen Guest
    Sorry about the dig on her looks....I just find her odd looking...

Rhonda Guest
    I think she is one of those unfortunate-looking children who improve with age. She's looking good now. Although next to her mother, it's hard to tell.

That's so sad! According to the Fox article, on her Myspace she had written 'Forgotten' when describing herself. Tragic. I hope she gets better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sad. I read the Fox article too. I hope she has the strength of character to pull out of this and move on.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Guest Guest
    Not stereotypically beautiful, but not too bad I guess:

Nicki Guest
    Eight Pills sounds more like a cry for help then a serious suicide attempt. Hope both her parents plus friends surround her with lotza love.

Alexa's website: http://www.alexarayjoel.com/

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    Eight Pills sounds more like a cry for help then a serious suicide attempt. Hope both her parents plus friends surround her with lotza love.
    If she's used to drugs eight pills sounds like someone trying to catch a good buzz or as you say, the classic cry for help. She has the sleazy, drunken father who chases girls younger than her and apparently her mother was always badgering her to be good and shut up lest she interfere with Brinkley's many marriages.
    Of course it was probably more like 80 pills.
    Last edited by John Connor; 12-06-2009 at 12:39 PM.

I think that Alexa is beautiful...in an unconventional way. She has FEATURES damnit!! What is it with this sterotypical view of what beauty is "supposed to" be...blonde hair, blue eyes, huge rack...if it isn't natural, then it isn't beautiful.

I was watching a movie last night with Greer Garson...who was absolutely GORGEOUS. In side profile, it was clear that her nose wasn't too small, and I though to myself..."In today's Hollywood, she'd have been 'required' to shave it down."

Alexa has blogged about how people comment unkindly about her looks. I truly hope that hasn't given her self esteem issues.

insanejeff Guest
    I hope she finds some happiness. It seems she's had to deal with a lot of crap thanks to her parents, and then took a personal break-up a few years ago harder than most.

As for her looks, I don't know. She looks a lot like her father to me, which isn't exactly a good thing for a female... or anyone actually

19. 12-06-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post

I think she is gorgeous in this picture!!! Bless her heart, Billy Joel's features were hard to carry on a little girl's face. I think she's a lot like Patrick Dempsey-nothing to look at until his 30's, then WOW!!! I hope Alexa recovers soon.

crazedfemale Guest
    I feel so sad for her, she's beautiful and now this. I hope she gets the help she needs! And I love Billy Joel, ever since I heard Piano Man in 1974.

Nicki Guest
    I think she is just trying to make her way in this world. With parents like Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley she may feel it is quite a steep hill.

davidbrown Guest
    It's sad she took those pills. But look at who her parents are. I'm sure her parents are more than a tad self-involved. And to have her get into show business which is tough to succeed in the first place and the stresses she must have felt along with the many comments about her looks didn't help any. I think of the children of celebrities who lead normal lives are the most happiest in my opinion. Those who stay away from show business have their own identity separate from their famous mothers and fathers.

james1977 Guest

She's good looking

I think she's gorgeous. I saw her on a talk show singing and playing some song and she's great.Poor little babe.I wish her well and I hope someone can help her.

BooMom Guest
    I think she's beautiful - has her mom's facial bone structure and her dad's deep brown eyes. And she's not augmented to hell, like a lot of celebukids are.

Elizabeth Guest
    I think she is absolutely gorgeous!!! She is wayyyyyy prettier than, say, Paris or Jessicas or Laurens that are on TV all the time.....

Hope she gets the help she needs and can move on with her life.....the holidays being up so many emotions for everyone.....

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    I think she is absolutely gorgeous!!! She is wayyyyyy prettier than, say, Paris or Jessicas or Laurens that are on TV all the time.....

Hope she gets the help she needs and can move on with her life.....the holidays being up so many emotions for everyone.....
    Absolutely....no comparison to Paris, Jessica, Britney....any of them. Alexa has more of a classic and sophisticated beauty about her. Quite beautiful!

Whatever her 'demons';
    1) I'm glad that her suicide attempt was unsuccessful.
    2) I hope that she comes to realize what she almost lost.
    3) I want to read an article on her in the future where she talks about the good things in her life and how she almost threw 'em all away.

I don't think that suicide is always a no, but for someone so young who would appear to have much going for her is seems capricious & selfish. Personally, I think that suicide is ok for those who are terminal, in tremendous pain and have no other options. That's just it, once you commit suicide there are no more options.
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Elizabeth Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    Whatever her 'demons';
    1) I'm glad that her suicide attempt was unsuccessful.
    2) I hope that she comes to realize what she almost lost.
    3) I want to read an article on her in the future where she talks about the good things in her life and how she almost threw 'em all away.

I don't think that suicide is always a no, but for someone so young who would appear to have much going for her is seems capricious & selfish. Personally, I think that suicide is ok for those who are terminal, in tremendous pain and have no other options. That's just it, once you commit suicide there are no more options.
    I agree wholeheartedly with your top three points, but I must respectfully point out that when you are in the throes of your depression, thinking clearly about the good things you have in life, and that there is no going back from suicide is not something that enters your mind.....and yes, it is selfish and capricious, but again all you are thinking is you are relieving your family of the burden of awful *you*....or so I have heard

Mental illness/depression is a scary and awful thing, and I just hope she gets the help she needs from professionals, and love and support from family....

I really think she's very attractive.
    Her mother is smoking but you can't hold her up to her mothers level.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ide.html?cat=2

For Billy Joel, however, this surely must hit very close to home. Joel has been very candid through the years of the very difficult times he has had in his life and how he himself attempted suicide while in his early twenties.
    In his biography, written by Hank Bordowitz, Joel is quoted as saying he wrote a suicide note and drank furniture polish in an effort to end his life. He was found by a band-mate and admitted to a psychiatric ward.

In fact, one of Billy Joel's biggest hits, "You're Only Human", off of his Greatest Hits album, is well known to have been written to assist in the prevention of teen suicide. The lyrics are equal parts encouraging, forgiving and loving; they state that it's okay to have made mistakes and to wait for your 'second wind' to come around.

Being that this is around Christmas time, the theme from this was taken from "Its a Wonderful Life". Billy Joel plays the Angel.

This video is worth a watch.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8uddHVW4VA
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

I don't understand why she is always being compared to her mother? and what's up with some of the negative comments regarding what she looks like. Who cares she obviously looks like her dad and not her mom, so what. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but, Christie Brinkley is not the hottest person that has ever lived.

John Connor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin76 View Post
    I don't understand why she is always being compared to her mother? and what's up with some of the negative comments regarding what she looks like. Who cares she obviously looks like her dad and not her mom, so what. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion but, Christie Brinkley is not the hottest person that has ever lived.

Considering her mother was one of the biggest models of the early 80's the comparisons are inevitable and she should have been taught that from the beginning. She's a nice looking young woman but her mother was a face of the Reagan Era, hottest person that ever lived or not, she was pretty spectacular. Apparently in school Alexa was known as "Down's Syndrome Alexa"

John Connor Guest
    Here she is with Billy sans photoshoppe.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin76 View Post
    Oh come on, the comparisons and comments are inevitable. She has two very famous parents, one of which is beautiful for a living. Look what Demi Moore and Bruce's Willis' oldest daughter goes through and her mom isn't even a model....or natural.
    "You live alone, creating your life as you go." - Edie Sedgwick

Quote Originally Posted by MagneticElectric View Post
    Oh come on, the comparisons and comments are inevitable. She has two very famous parents, one of which is beautiful for a living. Look what Demi Moore and Bruce's Willis' oldest daughter goes through and her mom isn't even a model....or natural.
    That is true about Demi Moore, I'm just saying that in my opinion she is very pretty. Some people are comparing her to a bridge dwelling troll and yes, Rumer Willis's chin is very weird looking but she is not that bad looking.

vacation

Alexa Ray Joel Took Bad Family Vacation Days Before OD

Billy Joel's daughter's hospitalization following an apparent suicide attempt occurred just days after the 23-year-old singer returned home from a "dysfunctional family getaway" with her supermodel mother Christie Brinkley, the Post reports.
    Alexa Ray Joel spent nine days in Turks and Caicos with Brinkley â?? and if you trust the tabloid's unnamed sources, it doesn't sound like they had a good time. One anonymous tipster told the paper "[t]hey have knock-down, drag-out fights regularly over issues relating to Billy Joel," while another said Brinkley often insults the Piano Man in front of her daughter. "She would tell Alexa that her father was an alcoholic and that she had her father's genes and that she might be an alcoholic, too," said a former family employee, who claims Brinkley often nags her daughter about her weight. In one instance, the anonymous source said that Brinkley grabbed a brownie from her daughter when she was 10 years old, chewed it up, spit it in a garbage can, and said: "This is how you eat a brownie without gaining weight."
    Joel has canceled her performances this week and is said to be staying with her father. She reportedly took a non-lethal dosage of a homeopathic antihistamine on Saturday following a break-up with her bandmate and boyfriend Jimmy Riot, who told the paper: "I hope she's OK. I've been worried and upset." Yesterday, her father said she was "feeling much better."

http://gothamist.com/2009/12/08/bad_...to_alexa_r.php
    I shall die, but that is all that I shall do for Death; I am not on his pay-roll.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

Pamebabby Guest
    Poor young girl. Hope she sees the error of her ways and turns out okay. I think some celebrity off-spring just have it rough, trying to live up to what is "expected" of them. Some just want to be regular kids, without the glam and gossip that seems to follow them. Hope all goes well with her, she is a pretty young woman, IMO.

John Connor Guest
    Good advice about eating Brownies.

Quote Originally Posted by coconn04 View Post
    Alexa Ray Joel Took Bad Family Vacation Days Before OD

Billy Joel's daughter's hospitalization following an apparent suicide attempt occurred just days after the 23-year-old singer returned home from a "dysfunctional family getaway" with her supermodel mother Christie Brinkley, the Post reports.
    Alexa Ray Joel spent nine days in Turks and Caicos with Brinkley â?? and if you trust the tabloid's unnamed sources, it doesn't sound like they had a good time. One anonymous tipster told the paper "[t]hey have knock-down, drag-out fights regularly over issues relating to Billy Joel," while another said Brinkley often insults the Piano Man in front of her daughter. "She would tell Alexa that her father was an alcoholic and that she had her father's genes and that she might be an alcoholic, too," said a former family employee, who claims Brinkley often nags her daughter about her weight. In one instance, the anonymous source said that Brinkley grabbed a brownie from her daughter when she was 10 years old, chewed it up, spit it in a garbage can, and said: "This is how you eat a brownie without gaining weight."
    Joel has canceled her performances this week and is said to be staying with her father. She reportedly took a non-lethal dosage of a homeopathic antihistamine on Saturday following a break-up with her bandmate and boyfriend Jimmy Riot, who told the paper: "I hope she's OK. I've been worried and upset." Yesterday, her father said she was "feeling much better."

http://gothamist.com/2009/12/08/bad_...to_alexa_r.php
    If any if this is true, Christie sound JUST like my mother. Hope this BEAUTIFUL young woman will be okay. Poor thing....
    "Dying is just nature's way of saying, hey, you're not alive anymore!"

knothere Guest
    she has her dads nose lets hope she keeps hers cleaner

Nelliebean Guest
    Good thing it was just that homeopathic crap and not a real drug.

She could have easily gotten ahold of something fatal.

This interview is from last year when Peter Cook and Christie were going through a custody court hearing about the children.

Peter Cook takes digs at Alexa Ray Joel after she and Christie Brinkley testify

BY Christina Boyle and Tracy Connor
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS
    Thursday, July 3rd 2008, 9:45 PM

Alexa Ray Joel testified that her stepfather complained about her piano playing, long showers, and the way she chewed food

Peter Cook denied he was an evil stepfather Thursday and said Christie Brinkley nitpicked daughter Alexa Ray by comparing her to her dad, Billy Joel.

"She was a teenage girl. I was a stepdad. There were good times; there were bad times," Cook testified.
    Alexa Ray, 22, took the stand Thursday to describe how Cook complained about her piano playing, long showers and the way she chewed food.
    Brinkley backed her up, saying yesterday she made Cook see a counselor to address his anger.
    "There were so many incidents between Peter and Alexa. It was truly the area that pained me in our marriage," she said.
    "He didn't want her to play the piano," she said, shooting a look at her hubby. "I feel like she's made my life a musical. Why couldn't he enjoy that as well?"
    Cook, who seemed wounded by the accusations, tried to rebut the mother-daughter testimony.
    He said Brinkley often chastised her firstborn for chewing with her mouth open.
    "'That's disgusting. You don't do that at the table. It's something your dad does,'" he quoted her as saying.
    He also claimed he didn't mind Alexa Ray's piano playing, but was annoyed when she did it during the two younger kids' bedtime.
    "It seemed to be an act of defiance," he said.
    And Cook alleged that still-slender Brinkley was upset when her daughter gained weight during her freshman year in college.
    When Brinkley's lawyers objected to his remarks, Cook turned sarcastic.
    "Miss Brinkley's looking for the truth, isn't
    She", he quipped.

Last edited by coconn04; 12-09-2009 at 06:59 AM.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

radiojane Guest
    She's an extremely attractive girl. Nothing wrong with her looks at all.

She's probably an extremely unhappy girl, and unfortunately, nut job parents with money are still nut job parents.

candleinthewind Guest
    Not only has she been compared to her mother lookswise, but she chose a career in music where she will always be compared to her father. She gets good reviews, but her father is Billy freakin' Joel. That's got to be hard.

By the way, I think she looks fine. I'm from north Jersey where there are tons of girls who look just like her.

1karenhb Guest
    I think she has gotten more attractive as she gets older. I pity her having those two for parents.

Billy Joel and Christie are now saying that the December 8th article from the 'Ny Post' is filled with lies.
    The comments in this article were consistent with the information that came out of the divorce trial last year where Peter Cook says that Christie berates Alexa Ray.
    Christie was trying to blame Peter for this.

Alexa Ray Joel and her mother, Christie Brinkley, hung out in the Hamptons together on Memorial Day

Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley issue a statement on Alexa

Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley felt they needed to set the record straight
    • Joel and Brinkley say the December 8 New York Post story is filled with lies
    • They ask the public and the media to consider the source and not repeat the claims

(PEOPLE.com) -- In light of some media coverage of their daughter Alexa Ray Joel's recent hospital stay, her parents, Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley, have issued the following statement. In its entirety, it reads:

Every parent can imagine the pain and anguish we face as parents of a daughter who is working to recover from the dangerous actions she took while suffering a devastating heartbreak. As much as we hate dignifying tabloid stories with a response, we feel we must set the record straight to protect our family.
    The story that ran in the New York Post on December 8, and has been subsequently spread across the Internet, is filled with vicious lies and attempts to smear our character and that of our beloved daughter. We ask the public and legitimate media outlets to please "consider the source" and to not further exacerbate our daughter's situation by repeating and legitimizing these false reports

With much appreciation,
    Billy Joel & Christie Brinkley

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/10/alexa.ray.joel/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Edna St. Vincent Millay

John Connor Guest
    Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

candleinthewind Guest
    Christie has a long history of saying bad things about her exes in interviews. She called one husband (maybe the one she married on skis) Satan. I remember some snide comments when Billy was in rehab. Pretty on the outside, ugly on the inside.

Fancynancy Guest

I think she's gorgeous. I always wanted big eyes like hers.

51. 12-10-2009, 05:38 PM

Fancynancy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadence71 View Post
    Me too. Instead I got small eyes and a big butt. (Of course I'm to blame for the butt.)

LOL!! We must be twins.