Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Amityville Murders

If Lisa wants to PM me the picks, I can post them on my website and post a link for everyone to see.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I would love to see the pics too!

Auntie Vi Guest
    i seem to remember seeing somewhere that the oil paintings were buried with Louise DeFeo's mother.

ReadMe71 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    I was just re-reading the Osuna page and found this in the story of the murder discovery

[SIZE=2]With Bobby Kelske in the lead, the five men hurried up the stairs to the second floor. Bobby, a regular visitor to the DeFeo household, knew exactly where the master bedroom was located. As they reached the second floor, they were overwhelmed with the stench of death.[/SIZE]

Now what do ya'll think they meant? Decomp or loss of bladder/bowels?
    The pic of Big Ronnie, CLEARLY shows him from his feet, up, on his back. There is no trace what-so-ever of urine or fecal matter on his WHITE boxers. Which were quite clear...visabley, that is.

As for the stench of death i.e., blood. There wasn't enough of it present in the photos for sure, to have made a person become "overwhelmed with the stench of death." Meaning the woonds didn't bleed as much as you'd think, which shows when the victims were shot death was immediate.

If you'll notice though, on his left inner thigh, the area touching the bed. It is purple-ish in color, more so than the rest of his thigh and upper body (part not touching the mattress) indicating that he had been in that posistion long enough for the blood in his body to begin to "pool." A common effect of a "sitting" corpse.

ReadMe71 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    If Lisa wants to PM me the picks, I can post them on my website and post a link for everyone to see.

That'd be awesome, do get permission first.

Thanks in advance.

-Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by ReadMe71 View Post
    That'd be awesome, do get permission first.

Thanks in advance.

-Michelle
    Lisa got the pics from her board; they aren't something someone created--like graphics-- where labor would be stolen. Plus, they are crime scene photos, which are highly likely for public consumption. No one owns them except the authorities. People who post crime scene photos or any photos at all and say they are copyright--unless they personally snapped them with their own camera--are full of shit. My website is under copyright, and I have upwards 400+ photos of Brandon Lee on there, but anyone can go over there and right click em, because I do not own them; they belong to the photographer. However, I have many graphics that I created or were created by someone just for me and if I catch them on someone else's site, there will be hell to pay. See? There's a big difference in generic photos and special graphics.

You don't have to look if it offends your tender sensibilities.
    Last edited by cindyt; 08-31-2008 at 09:45 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Warning: Graphic crime scene photos Thanks, LisaLouver!

http://www.starthrillerbrandonlee.com/amity.html
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Carrie Guest
    I don't mean to be rude, or tasteless...(well, maybe I do) but those 2 bottom photos grossed me out the most cuz she really should have shaved her pits. ***NOTE TO SELF*** Always keep self well groomed in case of possible photos taken of you at your crime scene.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest

Thanks Lisa and Cindy. Very sobering; very sad. There really is nothing pretty about this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    I don't mean to be rude, or tasteless...(well, maybe I do) but those 2 bottom photos grossed me out the most cuz she really should have shaved her pits. ***NOTE TO SELF*** Always keep self well groomed in case of possible photos taken of you at your crime scene.
    All that blood and gore, and you noticed the pit hair? LOL.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

RaRaRamona Guest
    How bad are they?

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    How bad are they?
    Depends on your stomach, RaRa. Pretty bloody, but I've seen worse. If you can look at the Tate pics, you shouldn't have a too much of a prob with these, IMHO.
    Last edited by cindyt; 08-31-2008 at 10:13 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Seagorath Guest
    Those are pretty rough...honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Those are pretty rough...honestly.
    They are, Sea, but I've seen worse.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

RaRaRamona Guest
    Thanks guys. I think I'll pass. ::cringe::

Blood and gore just do not bother me at all. Now shit and vomit gross me out. I tell you what. The worst pic I have ever seen was Chris Farley.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Carrie Guest
    Farley was the worst by far. The photos posted here remind me of horror flick stills...so I guess before looking at them, I convince myself that they are not real. I'm very good at blocking out reality...if you knew my family, you would learn this skill too.

Rosa Moline Guest
    Thanks for sharing the pics - very interesting.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Thanks Lisa & Cindy. I had never seen those pics before. Really gruesome. I feel badly for the kids. So young to die.

kelbons Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ReadMe71 View Post
    I completely disagree with you.

I think those windows added tons of character. I don't find them to be the least bit creepy. I think due to the scenes in the first/original movie, they were portrayed as being "evil."
    No, I meant the square ones don't fit. I loved the old ones!

There is a house near where I grew up that looks like a miniature version of 112 Ocean Avenue. We always called it "the Amityville house" growing up. It's fallen into disrepair these days which only adds to its spooky charm.

Auntie Vi Guest
    Being a forum member of Ogrish.com for a few years now, I can look at almost any crime scene pic with out shivering

Auntie Vi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post

That was Allison, she was only 13, perhaps her parents didn't allow her to do any shaving yet.

lisalouver Guest
    You are welcome guys for the pics and special shoutout to cindy for making the link!!

I had not noticed the pit hair in all the time I have looked at those pics! HA HA!

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Vi View Post
    That was Allison, she was only 13, perhaps her parents didn't allow her to do any shaving yet.
    That could be it. Parents are funny like that. I started shaving when I was ten years old because I looked fourteen. Daddy had a fit, and mama told him to shut up. Case closed. LOL.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I didnt noticed the pits either but I did get a blast from the past since I had that same headboard on my bed as a child! Red wicker must have been the thing in the 70s. The picture of her body was sad and creepy

Snudgie Guest
    Thanks so much for those pics! I've been fascinated with the whole Amityville thing since I was young....the photos were sad..especially the kids...RIP DeFeo family..xx

PS...I LOVE the groovy spotty wallpaper...does that make me a possible psycho?!

Auntie Vi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Snudgie View Post

well, we will have to keep our eye on you

Snudgie Guest
    Teehee!!! Don't worry I'm harmless and sweet ...I just have eccentric taste in home interiors

deathaddict Guest
    I remember during the filming of the Amittyville horror there was a lot of weird things going on. James Brolin hurt his foot a couple of people associated with the movie were killed. George and Kathy Lutz divorced in the 80s but remained on good terms. The pics are graphic but i was expecting worse.

Glamrock Princess Guest
    Just looked at those and I think I figured out why Butch lost it...that fucking polka dot wall paper!
    It is pretty loud

Rosa Moline Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Snudgie View Post
    Thanks so much for those pics! I've been fascinated with the whole Amityville thing since I was young....the photos were sad..especially the kids...RIP DeFeo family..xx

There's some pretty interesting interior design going on, I'll give you that...definitely all very 70's! I don't think Butch's wallpaper is at all restful, it would've driven me NUTS...hideous! I like the grand piano, and the formal dining room is pretty nice.

I wonder what it looks like inside now? it's a beautiful house - I imagine it would have the potential to look very tasteful.

Snudgie Guest
    I know....even with the gruesome history...it's such a gorgeous house isn't it...I think it's style is Dutch Colonial...or something!

I'd sell my husband for a peep inside.

Cangirl58 Guest
    Thanks Lisa for the pics but there were autopsy photos floating around a few years back on the net. I regret seeing those as the damage that was done was very clearly visible...unlike these pics (although they are gruesome nonetheless). I really felt for both the girls as there's were head wounds. Dawn's was missing (or caved in/out) a part of her skull. What's really sad is one of the boys was unable to get around due to a sporting injury and was confined to a wheelchair at the time of his death. Butch showed no mercy...he even stated that one of his brother's legs twitched when he shot him......

Oh and thank you cindy for hosting these pics.

xenaswolf Guest
    I'd seen a few of those, but not all. Those were good. But now I have a question...ok on the Father's body in the pic in the bed you can see livor mortis starting on his thigh. In the one on the tray livor is clearly evident on his back, you can even see the wrinkle from the sheet.
    How is this possible? I thought once it started it was fixed?

lisalouver Guest
    I'd seen a few of those, but not all. Those were good. But now I have a question...ok on the Father's body in the pic in the bed you can see livor mortis starting on his thigh. In the one on the tray livor is clearly evident on his back, you can even see the wrinkle from the sheet.
    How is this possible? I thought once it started it was fixed?
    Livor actually starts right away - once the heart is no longer pumping. It is not "fixed" until abaout 12 hours (or so). One of the tests that we do when we happen upon a body is press on livor to see if it "blanches" (goes white and then goes back red) to know how long the person has possibly been lying in that position.

Shannon Guest

Wholly Crappp!!!
    Thanks for posting the link
    Last edited by Shannon; 09-01-2008 at 07:26 PM.

Lita Guest

Thank you both for posting those. I read in a book about Serial Killers that the older sister was involved in the killings. There was a friend of Butch's in the house at the time and apparently there was a struggle over the gun and Butch shot his sister. She was mad at her father because he said she couldn't see a boyfriend anymore. It's been awhile since I read the book but it convinced me because the author is a well known interviewer of serial killers.

Auntie Vi Guest
    I've heard the "Dawn was involved" theory. I don't believe it.

Seagorath Guest
    Not sure if this pic of the "kids" has been posted before. The painting on the back wall would be "purchased" if it ever showed up on ebay...

lisalouver Guest
    Never have believed that Dawn was involved.

xenaswolf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Livor actually starts right away - once the heart is no longer pumping. It is not "fixed" until abaout 12 hours (or so). One of the tests that we do when we happen upon a body is press on livor to see if it "blanches" (goes white and then goes back red) to know how long the person has possibly been lying in that position.
    Ok that makes sense. All I remember about that part of paramedic school was our instructor basically saying if you see someone down and they are purple, you can't help them ( said while showing livor in a picture). At the time in Texas, private ambulance companies were not required to remove bodies. Not sure now.

Ok so in those photos, the one in the bed (I realize hard to tell without the press exam) in your opinion how long had he been down? ( Big Ronnie) I'm guessing he was rolled over and livor continued while he was face up?

The reason I ask, since I haven't read the old books in years and don't have the new one...What was Butch's excuse why he didn't find them sooner? He was locked out or something?

Lita Guest
    I'll have to reread what the guy said but it was something like Butch and the friend gave statements about Dawn being pissed off and while Butch and friend were downstairs playing pool they heard gun shots. Then Butch runs upstairs, there's a struggle for the gun and Dawn gets shot. But it is weird how they are all laying the same way. It seems to me that the killer told the family to face away from them. That way the killer (Butch) wouldn't have had to see their faces when he pulled the trigger. It does surprise me though even with how close the bedrooms are that nobody tried to run.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Never have believed that Dawn was involved.
    Me neither.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Lita View Post
    Thank you both for posting those. I read in a book about Serial Killers that the older sister was involved in the killings. There was a friend of Butch's in the house at the time and apparently there was a struggle over the gun and Butch shot his sister. She was mad at her father because he said she couldn't see a boyfriend anymore. It's been awhile since I read the book but it convinced me because the author is a well known interviewer of serial killers.
    I don't believe Dawn was involved, because, frankly, Butch's story changed several time over the years. I have also never heard that there was a friend there that night. Who is this friend? Why wasn't he arrested, as he would surely be guilty by association--or at least an eye witness.

What I do believe is what CrimeLibrary says--taken with a tiny grain of salt, of course.

While everyone in his family was in bed that night, he sat in his room, going over what he had to do, and then he did it, killed every one of them. Got up the next morning at 6AM and went to work, business as usual. He didn't work long. Dad didn't come in (of course) and I guess his coworker(s) were getting concerned, so he call his dad several times and got no answer. He then left work and went shopping with some chick named Sherry. He did this, did that, and the other thing and ended up at a bar that night. Sometime or other he decided to go check out his family, and found them shot to death, called 911, and the rest is history.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Avalon Guest
    Blood and gore just do not bother me at all. Now shit and vomit gross me out. I tell you what. The worst pic I have ever seen was Chris Farley.
    Same here... I can stand almost all crime scene photos but show me vomit, fecal matter or foam coming out of a corpses' mouth (ie: Chris) and I get queasy.

Thanks so much for sharing the pic, BTW!

Avalon Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lita View Post
    I've heard the same thing... also heard that there was gun powder found on her hands, proving she had fired a weapon. Not sure if I believe she had any part in it, though I also read she was pissed because she wanted to move to another state with her boyfriend and her parents refused to allow it.

DeadRinger Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamrock Princess View Post
    It is pretty loud
    Maybe that's why none of the neighbours heard the gunshots?

bluesma Guest

My Pics of the house

Here are a few pics I took of the house in early June. Hope you enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A1.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	7656   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	135.3 KB 
ID:	7657   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A3.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	7658  

lab_rat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesma View Post

It really is a beautiful house~

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesma View Post
    Great pics! You can see the now sqare windows. Beautiful house. It still looks great!