Page 1 of 16 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Amityville Murders

WendyK Guest

Amityville Murders

Does anyone else think it is strange they were all found on their stomachs and appeared as their was no struggle?? Also none of the neighbors heard gun shots.If that was going on in my house I would of at least tried to run.Paranormal connection???? What do you all think?

SugarKane Guest
    It's interesting you started this topic because I was just having this conversation with someone the other day. I think it is very strange! Why wouldn't the sisters who were shot last hide instead of lay in their beds? Something doesn't make sense!

WendyK Guest
    A long time ago I seen the actuall crime scene pictures and they all laid still on their stomach's.I was actaully surprised their was not more blood in the pictures.They all looked to be still sleeping.

kelbons Guest

Crime Scene...

This is a sad one and if you go here, there are actual crime scene photos. The site is some interesting reading, too! Butch DeFeo is one sick bastard. Demons made me do it, my ASS.

http://www.amityvillemurders.com/csgallery/index3.html

Werewolfantipaladin Guest
    I remember reading somewhere that Ronnie deFeo was now claiming he and his sister actually planned on killing only the parents but then sis killed all the siblings and Ronnie killed her in rage since that "was not part of the plan" Since the whole Amityville Horror was based on what he did in that house, did any of his relatives collect?

kelbons Guest
    I don't think that anyone in the DeFeo family made money on the franchise, though Butch certainly tried to get his hands on some of the book money! I've seen letters he's written from prison someplace.

He's currently detained in Green Haven Correctional Facility in Suffolk County, New York. Serving 25 years to life; his last parole denial was in 1999. He'll be eligible for parole again in September of 2009, but there's no way he'll get it... being convicted of six counts of second degree murder!

(All of this info can be found on the NYS DOCS Inmate Lookup website.)

I live in Huntington which is not far from Amityville. The current owners changed the outside of the house so it's not as noticable anymore.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    I live in Huntington which is not far from Amityville. The current owners changed the outside of the house so it's not as noticable anymore.
    People still find the house though.I use to go on a message board on the official Amittyville website and many of the posters shared their photo's standing by the house.They also said that the locals were assholes to them because they wanted to see the house.I wish they would of never changed the eyeball looking windows those were creepy but cool!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    That book scared the bejebus out of me when I read it as a kid! The actual true crime committed there was horrific and ole Butch, well, dot dot dot. Maniac, homicidial nutter.

As far as the victims all lying on the stomachs, I wonder if he drugged them and turned them over? Seems so strange that no one ran or anything. No sign of a struggle at all, was there?

Trivia: There is a big Dutch Colonial style house around the corner from me and we refer to it as the Amityville Horror House.

Guest Guest
    You know it lmost makes me wonder if he had them in the group at first, then one by one had them lay on their stomachs in their own beds < probably so he can't see their faces > and then shot them, while the remaining victims still alive had to watch. I know it's a stupid thought, but it kinda makes you wonder. I mean wern't they all covered up after they were shot? There has to be more to this story if noone ran for help. There is no way all of them could have slept through the gun shots. Please don't get mad at me for this post it's just a thought.

monhol Guest
    it's funny how the amityville horror movies were all made up. the family who bought the house after the murders made up a great story to make money. the family member who did all the killings said that house was never haunted. so now the man you made up the bullcrap story died i believe in 2005 and he was a young man. just in his fifties.

kelbons Guest
    Totally off the subject, but has anyone looked at those crime scene photos and checked out the god-awful metallic wallpaper in Dawn's room? Some of that 70's decor... I'm like, what the HELL were they thinking???

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    There are quite a few books on this subject. IMHO I do not believe that we will ever know what really happened. Butch changes his story more often then some people change their underwear.

Jack Raines Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    People still find the house though.I use to go on a message board on the official Amittyville website and many of the posters shared their photo's standing by the house.They also said that the locals were assholes to them because they wanted to see the house.I wish they would of never changed the eyeball looking windows those were creepy but cool!
    I've always thought that if the people who owned the house were smart, they'd restore it to the condition it was in when the DeFeo's lived there and make it somewhat of a museum. They could make quite a bundle selling tours of that place. It might be a bit exploitive, but so is Graceland if you think about it that way.

Begothed Guest
    Does anyone else think it is strange they were all found on their stomachs and appeared as their was no struggle?? Also none of the neighbors heard gun shots.If that was going on in my house I would of at least tried to run.Paranormal connection???? What do you all think?

I think your avatar is freaking me out.

Tugboat25 Guest
    I live in Massapequa and I frequently work IN the Amityville Horror House. I can easily say that it is one of the nicest houses I have ever been in (and I've been in many because of my job).
    There are no ghosts there, no dead flies on windows, no haunting sounds, nothing, and there never has been.
    The only "weird" thing about it is you can't help but think about six people being murdered there. Other than that, it's just a regular (gorgeous) house.
    The homeowner is a good man and doesn't deserve all the hassle people give him.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Begothed View Post
    I think your avatar is freaking me out.
    ROTFLMFAO

Kareika Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kelbons View Post
    Totally off the subject, but has anyone looked at those crime scene photos and checked out the god-awful metallic wallpaper in Dawn's room? Some of that 70's decor... I'm like, what the HELL were they thinking???

TOTALLY what I was thinking. Ugh.

Jazbabee Guest
    Has anyone seen the recent documentary where Butch, in prison claims that Dawn assisted ?? Yeah the guy is nuts and obviously to tell the truth, but I too have wondered about the position of the bodies. How do you murder an entire family, in fairly close proximity, and no one hears the noise ? I just can't help but wonder

Tugboat25 Guest
    All I can say is, the guy who owns the house now is such a good man.
    He has accepted a lot of garbage from sightseers and the house is a peaceful place and is as normal as any other house on the block.
    As you look at the house from the street, the neighbors to the right are still the same people who heard nothing on the night of the murders.
    Murders YES, Haunting Apparitions and Hellish Experiences...NO.
    (and Amityville is spelled with one T and not two).
    Last edited by Tugboat25; 10-19-2007 at 02:33 PM.

Katie Guest
    I remember reading the book too. Very scary!!

GODDESS6 Guest
    the book was good, i even liked the movies, well the 1st one anyways & was dissappointed that it was a hoax~ i so wanted that house to be haunted~ when i google map the house, it looks like sucha pretty area, freaking right by the ocean~
    Last edited by GODDESS6; 10-21-2007 at 07:45 AM.

star82 Guest
    They filmed the remake of the Amityville Horror like 10 minutes away from my house. The house they used looked very creepy!!!!

kelbons Guest
    On that link that I posted earlier, there is a photo of a mysterious "seventh body." The theory is that the police brought Dawn's body back into the house and put her in a bed in the basement. I have no idea why they would need to do that... but that seems to be what it is!

http://www.amityvillemurders.com/seventh.html

DannaMarie24 Guest
    [SIZE=4]Thats my problem with it...why with all the shooting didn't anyone else hear it and RUN. Everyone was found in bed just like they were sleeping right? I think there was more than one person doing the shooting. There is no way to shoot one person and the other one not wake up from the shots.[/SIZE]

kelbons Guest
    I just came across this thread and I know it's been inactive for a while now, but I just was thinking about how scared I was when I read that book back in middle school. Holy crap, is it BS or what????

Lisamarie Guest
    I know I saw this on city confidental the other night and still cannot get over the "why didint they run away"?? Or get up or turn over ??? Weird!

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    The book and movie (1st rated R movie I had ever seen) scared the bejesus out of me for a long time. Whoa!

Avalon Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    Has anyone seen the recent documentary where Butch, in prison claims that Dawn assisted ?? Yeah the guy is nuts and obviously to tell the truth, but I too have wondered about the position of the bodies. How do you murder an entire family, in fairly close proximity, and no one hears the noise ? I just can't help but wonder
    I've read that she also had gunpowder on her hands... Makes ya think?? Don't think we'll ever know the truth though.

hoxharding Guest
    A guy who grew up in the neighborhood said all the houses looked like that. Also, the houses supposedly are very near each other. So, how could no one hear the murders?

This link is a site owned by Ron Defeo's Wife,Tracy:
    http://www.injusticesofamityville.com/

This is another link:
    http://www.amityvillehorror.com/
    Last edited by hoxharding; 06-18-2008 at 06:17 PM.

LemonPopsicle Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tugboat25 View Post
    All I can say is, the guy who owns the house now is such a good man.
    He has accepted a lot of garbage from sightseers and the house is a peaceful place and is as normal as any other house on the block.
    As you look at the house from the street, the neighbors to the right are still the same people who heard nothing on the night of the murders.
    Murders YES, Haunting Apparitions and Hellish Experiences...NO.
    (and Amityville is spelled with one T and not two).
    There's a lookalike house in Toms River,NJ and the current owners get a lot of people showing up at all hours to photograph the house.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonPopsicle View Post
    There's a lookalike house in Toms River,NJ and the current owners get a lot of people showing up at all hours to photograph the house.
    Was'nt the Toms River house used in the filming of the movie?

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    A guy who grew up in the neighborhood said all the houses looked like that. Also, the houses supposedly are very near each other. So, how could no one hear the murders?

This link is a site owned by Ron Defeo's Wife,Tracy:
    http://www.injusticesofamityville.com/

This is another link:
    http://www.amityvillehorror.com/
    DeFeo's wife wants him out of prison and they have tried for quite some time to do that. They were trying the "Dawn did it" thing for a while. I don't know if they gave up on that now.

I do have the crime scene photos if anyone is interested. I think you can find them on the net anyhow.

Lisamarie Guest
    So who is the other body??? Looks like a girl on her back...and her eyes are maybe open I cant tell......who is that???

Auntie Vi Guest
    I think the secenth body thing is a hoax, i read that that photo wasn't taken in the Amityville house. First, there was no bedroom on the basement and 2nd, the molding on the wall on the floor doesn't match the rest of the hosue

sunshine74137 Guest
    I keep a clean home but did anyone else find the house creepy clean for having that many teenagers in it?

hoxharding Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    I keep a clean home but did anyone else find the house creepy clean for having that many teenagers in it?

Flip answer:
    It was haunted by several cleaning fairies+laundry elves.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    Flip answer:
    It was haunted by several cleaning fairies+laundry elves.
    I wish they'd haunt my house.

Dying Breath Guest
    My Aunt and Uncle live close to there... and when I was in High School my cousin took me down to it... the boat house was falling apart and I brought home a small piece of it with me.... was on my dresser for about a year....had to move it because sometimes I could not sleep.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Are the pics gruesome? Or are they face down sheet covered?

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Are the pics gruesome? Or are they face down sheet covered?
    Not too greusome, Just some blood, no faces

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    Not too greusome, Just some blood, no faces
    Thanks. Maybe I'll check them out.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I love the crime library write ups.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notoriou...ly/amityville/
    Last edited by RaRaRamona; 06-19-2008 at 03:09 PM. Reason: crap! spelling!

lisalouver Guest
    One of the Lutz children, I believe it is Christopher was doing a lot of press when the Ryan Reynolds movie came out (the remake - I think that was 2004).

He was basically blasting George and saying it was all made up for money. Of course none of Kathy's children belonged to Lutz, so who knows.

I think the whole thing was a very clever hoax by George and Kathy went along with it.

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    I love the crime library wrote ups.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notoriou...ly/amityville/
    That was comical, so whats your name?

Auntie Vi Guest
    I was on a message board and chat room with Christopher. He's an okay guy. He said that most of it was made up, but that there were ghosts in the house. I think George was had on him gtowing up, because they were estranged and he didn'y have musch to say about him.
    Someone earlier said they go to the house and it's not haunted. I believe that whn the Lutzes moved in, it might have had a ghost. After 5 people dying a violent death, chances are a confused spirit would linger on awhile. Afte the Lutz moved out and made their claims, it was investigated and what have you, and maybe the ghosts that were there went into the light, so to speak.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Vi View Post
    I was on a message board and chat room with Christopher. He's an okay guy. He said that most of it was made up, but that there were ghosts in the house. I think George was had on him gtowing up, because they were estranged and he didn'y have musch to say about him.
    Someone earlier said they go to the house and it's not haunted. I believe that whn the Lutzes moved in, it might have had a ghost. After 5 people dying a violent death, chances are a confused spirit would linger on awhile. Afte the Lutz moved out and made their claims, it was investigated and what have you, and maybe the ghosts that were there went into the light, so to speak.
    Yea, Christopher had a site for a bit I remember, but then it got hacked I if I recall correctly.

I do not have a lot of sympathy for the current owners as they knew the house history when they bought it. If you do not want the lookie loos, better off to buy a home without that kind of history.

Just like the new owners of Karen Carpenters family home. They want to tear it down and are tired of all the people driving by and so forth.

Um, yea, you knew who the house once belonged to prior to buying it.

lisalouver Guest

Yea. Too bad the real george Lutz was about as far from this as can be.

I would go through any kinds of ghosts and slime to get to this!

NOVSTORM Guest
    I never bought that story about the house and all that crap going on in it. Those people made a bundle on that.
    There is another site that has a picture of a 5th body in the basment of the house the night of the murder and I wondered about that too.
    I firmly believe that the older sister was involved in those murders and helped him and then he killed her too because he didn't trust her not to tell . He killed the parents first. then went in the rooms and made them lay on their stomachs and killed them.
    There is a woman who claims to have been butches wife (lie) and she had pictures of the scenes of the murders on her site. I don't know if it is still out there.Oh yeah that is where I saw the murder scene pics.!

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    DeFeo's wife wants him out of prison and they have tried for quite some time to do that. They were trying the "Dawn did it" thing for a while. I don't know if they gave up on that now.

I do have the crime scene photos if anyone is interested. I think you can find them on the net anyhow.

Defoe was never married to this woman. Her story is all BS. They have never found a marriage certificate and butch also denies it.