Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Beltway Snipers - John Allen Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo

travnut Guest

The Beltway Snipers - John Allen Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo

I live in the Washington DC area. In October 2002 we had the Beltway-DC snipers - Lee Boyd Mlavo and John Allen Muhammad. These two men killed 10 people and injured 4. The killings happend less than 10 miles from where I lived. Some people were killed in Virginia

People were afraid to go out in the public. Some of the killings happened at gas stations and a school. I remember people telling me that when they went to a gas station to pump gas - they either sat in their cars or they move around to keep from being a target. Parents kept their kids home from school.

Malvo and Muhammad murdered 16 people and injured 4 in 8 states.

It was a relief when those two idiots were captured at a Maryland rest stop.

BooMom Guest

Execution date set for DC Sniper

http://www.ksat.com/news/20942456/detail.html

Merge if duplicate - I searched, but did not find an existing thread.

Oh, and I hope they skip the administration of any painkillers.

Wow. I met his ex wife at a conference once. The hell that he put her through was unbelievable. What most people don't know is that the breaking point that started the shootings was that she left him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Valerie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Wow. I met his ex wife at a conference once. The hell that he put her through was unbelievable. What most people don't know is that the breaking point that started the shootings was that she left him.
    I didn't know that. Poor woman!

He can't be gone soon enough.

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BooMom View Post
    Merge if duplicate - I searched, but did not find an existing thread.
    Really?
    There aren't any other threads on the DC sniper(s)?
    That's surprising.

And yet movies make snipers and shooting look sooooo cool!

kandykisses Guest
    I wish they'd bring back old Sparkie myself. I mean who ever heard of a humane murder? Most victims aren't given pain killers, don't have the option to say goodbye to loved ones before hand, don't get to make 1 last statement, They are just brutally murdered. What is sad is he drug his step son into the craziness and corrupted that young boy. I can't remember if the kid got the death penalty too or not. Didn't the kid do a lot of the shootings?

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Then let all of us go and get our guns and start shooting random people because we were with an asshole at some point in time...

Seriously, who cares.

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kandykisses View Post
    I can't remember if the kid got the death penalty too or not. Didn't the kid do a lot of the shootings?
    If you go to the link it does mention that the accomplice got life in prison.
    Doesn't give many other details besides that.

kandykisses Guest
    Thanks I am bad about skim reading. Their is so much info here it is like info overload sometimes.

I wish they'd bring back old Sparkie myself. I mean who ever heard of a humane murder? Most victims aren't given pain killers, don't have the option to say goodbye to loved ones before hand, don't get to make 1 last statement, They are just brutally murdered. What is sad is he drug his step son into the craziness and corrupted that young boy. I can't remember if the kid got the death penalty too or not. Didn't the kid do a lot of the shootings?

Kid did most of the shootings, but because he was a minor they couldn't give him the death penalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    Then let all of us go and get our guns and start shooting random people because we were with an asshole at some point in time...

Seriously, who cares.

Just shows what a psycho this guy was
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GrinReaper Guest
    Thanks I am bad about skim reading. Their is so much info here it is like info overload sometimes.
    No problem.
    Take care.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Buh bye. Don't let life's door hit you in the ass on the way out asshole.

Nosgothic Guest
    It's about time

I'll bet you he gets a stay.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Two tickets, please. Front row, if it's still available.

I wonder how many years it will be before he's actually tied down to the table.
    NJ has the death penalty and with all the people on death row there hasn't been a
    single execution her since 1964.

Desertrose Guest
    That was relatively fast, most death row inmates wait about 30 years. Can't be quick enough though - wish the system would hurry the process on other murderers who our tax dollars are spent on keeping them alive.

Chevyheaven Guest
    This is one asshole that needs to die painfully. Clemency? Umm no. Did anyone he killed get a chance to plead for their lives? No he just shot them dead. Fuck him and his fucked up life. I hope he dies painfully and horribly

He's exhausted all his appeals already? Or maybe he didn't want any?
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I know, seems so quick. But then, I'm from CA where most of the death row inmates die of old age before they can be executed....

Roaming Tigress Guest
    I say, bring back the firing squad.

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Tigress View Post
    Ya know with all the technological advances these days you would think that there could be a way to execute someone using a robot or something automatic where any human doesn't have to push a button, pull a trigger a lever whatever.

STRAIGHT Guest
    Well you know what they say....you reap what you sow. He killed a lot of people and now he's going to have to meet the real Chief....Good luck buddy boy, you are gonna' need it.

ChargerBill Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Tigress View Post
    Woodchipper.

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerBill View Post
    Woodchipper.
    Indeed. I just reread the story at crimelibrary.com. Those poor people.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post

Don't worry; there will be appeal after appeal. We'll probably still be talking about his supposed execution date 15 years from now.....

This I would watch on pay for view. Most states legal systems are strapped for cash.

I say get guns and shoot him until he's Swiss cheese. A sorry excuse for a human.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    This I would watch on pay for view. Most states legal systems are strapped for cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    I say get guns and shoot him until he's Swiss cheese. A sorry excuse for a human.
    Well heck. Maybe it's time that life imatated the futuristic movies.
    The Running Man, Death Race etc, etc.

Like have the guy run a course where 3-5 sharpshooters are in various positions shooting to kill. If he surrvives and makes it out alive, they let him out of prison.
    It could be on pay per view as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    I wonder how many years it will be before he's actually tied down to the table.
    NJ has the death penalty and with all the people on death row there hasn't been a
    single execution her since 1964.
    It'll be an even longer wait now that New Jersey has abolished the death penalty.

pvezz Guest
    Kudos to the mod that found this original thread - lol - I knew there was one! I used Axl's search and entered "sniper"; nothing came up. You all are magic!

I think they should put the two of them out in the forest someplace where a couple of marine snipers are waiting. Let them walk around out there for a couple of weeks wondering when they will die and where from, then be done with it.

alygonforchains Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by travnut View Post
    I live in the Washington DC area. In October 2002 we had the Beltway-DC snipers - Lee Boyd Mlavo and John Allen Muhammad. These two men killed 10 people and injured 4. The killings happend less than 10 miles from where I lived. Some people were killed in Virginia

People were afraid to go out in the public. Some of the killings happened at gas stations and a school. I remember people telling me that when they went to a gas station to pump gas - they either sat in their cars or they move around to keep from being a target. Parents kept their kids home from school.

Malvo and Muhammad murdered 16 people and injured 4 in 8 states.

It was a relief when those two idiots were captured at a Maryland rest stop.

Thank goodness! This was absolutely horrible. To have to live in fear until these idiots were captured. That was hard. Some people are just crazy!!

Quote Originally Posted by alygonforchains View Post
    Thank goodness! This was absolutely horrible. To have to live in fear until these idiots were captured. That was hard. Some people are just crazy!!
    I live in VA (although a few hours away from the DC area). I worked in a school at the time and we were on lockdown during all of this as well. The logic was that we were close to 2 interstates and a few major highways. It really was a terrifying time, though. Even for only being somewhat close to it. What I remember most, though, is going to visit my Aunt in Prince William County at the time and every time I'd see a white van I'd just get this terrible feeling. At the time the police were telling everyon to be on the lookout for a white van. That is not what the killers were driving, but Mohammad was communicating with police and I think they were giving out incorrect information to piss him off and keep him talking.

Guest Guest
    They were from here (Tacoma) and Malvo's first victim, his "initiation victim" was a single mom with an infant...her aunt was the target but wasn't home...when she answered the door to Malvo with Muhammed nearby watching...Malvo shot her in the head!

then they made their trek to DC and destroyed even more lives....I'm happy to know that Muhammed will be executed in 11 days...he's happy about what he did...keeping him alive to bask in his happiness is not an option IMO...I still think Malvo should have got an even stiffer sentence than what he did..sure he was influenced by Muhammed but he also knew the difference between right and wrong...his youth is not an excuse IMO, I think he got his jollies just as much as Muhammed did but it is what it is...My sis in law lived in DC during that time and was scared to death of going anywhere...especially with her kids...those two terrorized DC and they both deserved the severist of punishments...at least one of them is going to see it!

cachluv Guest

Sniper special on CNN--Watch Saturday, 8 p.m. & 11 p.m. ET

It was Oct. 3, 2002. Nearly five million people were going to work in and around Washington, D.C. By the end of that evening, five people lay dead -- all of them murdered in random killings spread throughout the region. It was the beginning of nearly a month of what was no less than a reign of terror. Before it was over, 10 people were dead, several others critically wounded, all of them at the hands of two calculating killer. But who were the D.C. Snipers? And why did they do it? In this October 2007 CNN Presents documentary, Soledad O'Brien took a dark journey inside "The Minds of the D.C. Snipers." Now, with John Allen Muhammad scheduled to die on November 10 in a Virginia prison, CNN revisits the rampage, the tactics and the troubled men behind the murders.

Watch Saturday, 8 p.m. & 11 p.m. ET

Hope it hurts like hell and the sick bastard shits himself in terror at the thought of the needle going into his vein.

Burn you POS! Burn!

Pryncis Guest
    I was living in Colonial heights VA at the time of the shooting, and worked in the west end of Richmond. I remember making sure to get gas BEFORE I went to work, at a gas station close to home rather then one close to my job just off the interstate. It was a freaky time....

Jazbabee Guest
    These 2 were captured at a rest area less than 10 minutes from my house. I will never forget the pure TERROR this ass wiped wreaked on all of us in this area. At the time I was in pharmaceutical sales, and this douchebag struck very close to where I was......can't even begin to tell you how nerve wracking it was. I for one, would love to be front and center raising a toast to his execution while it happens !!!! Hope this sob rots in pure hellfire where he belongs !!!!

STsFirstmate Guest
    He had a choice between electrocution and the needle and refused to choose.
    They are giving him the needle but either way the best way to do it would be to tell him it was indefinately delayed and let him go about his prision business wondering when and jumping everytime they come to his cell ect. Just the people in the Beltway did as they pumped gas or walked out of a mall.
    I remember how bad I felt for those folks in the area.
    Regards,
    Mary

Didn't I hear that this creep's lawyer is trying for an appeal or something to delay the execution? I say, HELL NO.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

GrinReaper Guest
    Right now I could walk into any sporting goods store and buy a deer rifle with a scope and a box of ammo.
    Yeah, I'll clear the background check since I don't have a record.
    Then I could go to a shooting range, take some lessons, shoot at some targets.
    Why?
    Because guns are legal in this country.

So I won't be surprised if/when this type of thing ever happens again.

Well, JAM lost his Supreme Court Appeal... Now it's all on the Va. Governor, who I hope will NOT interfere.

attrib: http://www.csmonitor.com/2009/1110/p02s13-usju.html

by Warren Richey

Washington - Convicted D.C. sniper John Allen Muhammad has lost his last appeal, opening the way for his scheduled execution in a Virginia prison on Tuesday.
    Mr. Muhammad and his 17-year-old accomplice, Lee Boyd Malvo, terrorized the Washington region in September and October 2002 as they engaged in a series of apparently random sniper attacks.
    In all, 16 individuals were shot. Ten died.
    Muhammad was tried and convicted in Prince William County, Va., for capital murder in an act of terrorism and for engaging in at least two murders within three years. The case focused primarily on the Oct. 9, 2002, killing of Dean Meyers. Mr. Meyers was shot in the head while refueling his car at a Sunoco gas station in Manassas, Va.
    He was the 12th victim in the shooting spree. Shortly after the attack, police interviewed Muhammad in a parking lot across the street from the Sunoco station, according to court documents. They had no idea he was the shooter. He wouldn't be arrested for another two weeks.
    Mr. Malvo was tried separately. He was convicted and is serving a sentence of life in prison without parole.
    Muhammad's lawyers filed their appeal with the high court last week. It marked the third time his case was presented to the US Supreme Court, and the third time it was rejected.
    The court did not explain why it would not hear the case. But three justices – John Paul Stevens, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and Sonia Sotomayor – said they were concerned about the rapid pace of the Muhammad case. Rules in Virginia allow for capital cases to move through the state system faster than the time frame set out under federal law.
    Justice Stevens said he would favor granting an automatic stay of execution in every death-penalty case before the high court to allow careful consideration of the issues. But Stevens wrote that having reviewed Muhammad's claims, he would not dissent from the court's decision to not hear the appeal.
    Muhammad still has a request for clemency pending with Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine.
    The shooting spree that captivated Washington and much of the nation began on Sept. 5 with an apparent robbery. Paul LaRuffa was shot outside his restaurant in Clinton, Md. A witness said he saw a "kid" run up to the car, fire shots into it, open the back door, and take out a computer and briefcase with $3,500 in cash and credit-card receipts.
    Four days later, Muhammad purchased a 1990 Caprice in Trenton, N.J. Before he bought the car, Muhammad got into the trunk and lay down, according to trial testimony. Investigators later discovered that Muhammad cut a hole in the trunk to create a concealed shooting position.
    Investigators have also linked Muhammad and Malvo to shootings in Montgomery, Ala., and Baton Rouge, La., in addition to the shootings in Maryland; Washington, D.C.; and Virginia.
    Malvo and Muhammad were arrested Oct. 24, 2002, at a rest area in Frederick, Md. They were sleeping in the car.
    Inside the Caprice, investigators found a .223 Bushmaster rifle that was later linked through ballistics tests to many of the shootings. They also found a computer belonging to Mr. LaRuffa, the first shooting victim. On it was a mapping software program allegedly downloaded by Muhammad that showed some of the shooting locations. A few were marked with a skull and crossbones icon.
    In his filing at the Supreme Court, Muhammad's lawyer, Jonathan Sheldon, said his client was suffering from severe mental illness. He said Muhammad believed he was a prophet and that Malvo had discovered an herbal remedy that could cure AIDS.
    Muhammad made strange statements to his lawyers during the trial. The brief quotes Muhammad as saying: "Things I thought would help were turned against me.... I might be on another planet. I don't understand the gravitational pull."
    According to his lawyers, "although Muhammad could appear coherent and logical for a few minutes, his thinking and behavior soon deteriorated, and he often became loose, rambling, illogical, and inappropriate."

Guest Guest
    buh bye shit bag! no one is gonna miss you!

that Gov better just mind his own business!

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    When does it happen? Midnight? The clock's ticking out, hope he enjoys that last meal.

Jaxxx Guest
    9 pm DC time, so 6 pm your time Jack, Tues night

TheMysterian Guest
    Too bad he can only die once!

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMysterian View Post
    Too bad he can only die once!
    Is that PT 109 in your avatar?
    Regards,
    Mary