Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Just So You Know - The Cat Thread (Vol 2)

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    This might be the cutest kitten I have ever seen in my life!

http://www.avclub.com/content/videocracy/5009

AWWWWW, he's soooooo cute!

hoxharding Guest

What a precious baby! Not scary to me at all! Must be brand newborn!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Too cute! I want it! LOL.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

thanatos.net Guest
    Ha ha.. that is hilarious. I love the 4th pic from the top.

hoxharding Guest
    I hope this isn't one of those cats that was bred to be tiny-I don't think it is. It is
    so very very sweet and precious. The way it's eyes are shaped makes it sort of look like "Mom!What is this stuff I am being put in?"

ozzysmom Guest
    I think the name of that breed is a Scottish Fold....not sure why they call it that, but I think that's the name. He is a little bitty cutie though, isn't he.

Guest Guest
    I want one! I would carry the little thing in my purse and give him lots of kisses all day! Great pictures too btw!

Cataroo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    I think the name of that breed is a Scottish Fold....not sure why they call it that, but I think that's the name. He is a little bitty cutie though, isn't he.
    It does seem to be a Scottish Fold and I LOVE them (those and Maine Coons and the 3 American Bobtails that own me)! They are called that because ... well here's the Wiki entry ... anyone that is interested can read it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Fold

mel306 Guest
    So cute!

RaRaRamona Guest
    LOL Hox you kill me with these animals you find. Even when they are not breathing.

What would you DO with that? I'd be scared to death I'd smash it constantly. Couldn't even get into the litter box.

Cataroo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonCandy View Post
    What would you DO with that? I'd be scared to death I'd smash it constantly. Couldn't even get into the litter box.
    Trust me ... it's a learning experience. At one time I had 12 kittens crawling around my house (had 2 rescued strays give birth within days of each other)!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cataroo View Post
    Trust me ... it's a learning experience. At one time I had 12 kittens crawling around my house (had 2 rescued strays give birth within days of each other)!!

How did you ever manage??? I'd be a basket case. I recently rescued a puppy that was hours away from being put down. She was pretty good size, about 14 pounds. Sweet as can be. She's half Aussie Shepherd and half Husky. She's got one blue eye and one brown. Unfortunately, I've got one of those beds that is about 4 feet off the ground. She can fit under it perfectly, but had trouble getting up!! Had to train her to take the stairs. I don't know what I would do with a kitten that could fit into a cup!!!!

i love cat people! that little baby is to die for!!!! heheh
    pull the string!

lisalouver Guest
    It looks like a newborn Persian.

Gorgeous!
    Last edited by lisalouver; 06-05-2008 at 09:37 PM. Reason: changed mind!

Awesome pics, I love the one with the mama cat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

lisalouver Guest
    I just looked at them again, and saw the one Morty mentioned with Mama.

I am sure it is a Persian calico kitten of only a few days old.

Mama is a Persian for sure, she has the amber eyes.

Persians also have their ears very wide set apart, and both of these cats do.

annannanna Guest
    that is going to be my new avitar

Snoopy Guest
    Oh my God that is the most precious little thing! that face!

tarsier Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    I was thinking there's Scottish Fold in that baby as well they are adorable but prone to ear infections.

panda Guest
    Ohhhhh, I want it! That is way too precious!

**Jenna** Guest
    so adorable!

Lita Guest
    Aaaw! It's so cute! If I didn't have five cats, I'd want it!

Cataroo Guest
    Here are some pictures of Scottish Folds that I borrowed from a breeder's page. I am pretty sure that Hox's pictures are of a Scottish Fold.
    Last edited by Cataroo; 06-17-2009 at 10:18 PM.

WendyK Guest
    Oh!!!! That baby wittle is so cute!

That is soooo cute! Even without readily visible cute little ears.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

KristinEileen Guest
    how cute is that baby!! I want one, although my cats may eat it...

pvezz Guest
    That is the cutest kitty EVER!! I want one!!

I'm not a cat person and I want it!!!!

hoxharding Guest

*Help,save me-mom wants to stick me into a bowl of pudding!*

Someone just sent me this yesterday so I did some digging and found several sites about "Fishing Cat." None have any definitive answer about how the cat came to live with these people, but here are some Fishing Kitteh links:

Fishing Cat catches giant catfish in bathtub

Fishing Cat entry in Encyclopedia Dramatica

Video of a Fishing Cat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Snudgie Guest
    Holy!!!!!!!!................that's a big cat....I'd better not let Scarlett see that or she'll want one...her new obsession is "Lion Man" on the Animal Channel.....she blows kisses at all the lions and tigers....and now she wants a white tiger cub.......*sigh*

sunshine74137 Guest
    How sure are they he won't decide their other house cat won't start to look like a chicken to him

...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, wow, that cat is bigger than me!

Something weird about that cat being in the tub with her, I mean, uhm, something about the pictures of her and the cat also, I hate to be rude and think this way, but is the cat a male? gulp...
    "I guess every form of refuge has its price"...

lisalouver Guest
    It a fishing cat. We have them here, but in the zoo, lol!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishing_Cat

Nice pic of the lady holding her boobs in the bathtub?

msmojorisin84 Guest
    Well, it sort of looks like a bobcat...sans all the facial tufts and an ocelot.

redkatrampant Guest
    I want one.
    NOW.

Whats with the naked chick showing nips in the bathtub with the cat?
    Bizarre.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

CORONERGAL Guest
    He's a beauty alright. But I'd be afraid he'd eat my Cairn terror. I just looked at Pickle after seeing that and he looks teeny compared to it. And he's bigger than the terror!

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Whats with the naked chick showing nips in the bathtub with the cat?
    Bizarre.
    I think she is trying to lift up the saggy things?

Layla331 Guest
    i know i thought it was kinda funny she half heartedly covers half a boob but very clearly you can see her "bird" under the water...lol funny post...

hoxharding Guest
    I know the cat loves to swim -but I would not sit in the bath with him. If he needed a life guard, I would sit in the bathroom,but not be naked in the tub with him.
    Keeping a cat like this as a domestic cat can't really be that legal,can it? He is beautiful,but usually is in the wild.

...the water looks dirty too, yuk
    "I guess every form of refuge has its price"...

NOVSTORM Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    It has been bred with something, I want to know why their incouraging it to kill though. I would be afraid for my other cats safety. The fangs on that thing are huge.
    lOOKS like an Ocelot Lynx mix to me from the markings.

RogerV Guest
    Hmmm... why do I keep hearing Katharine Hepburn's voice singing "I cont give you anything but love, Baby..." Sorry, you have to either be a Katharine Hepburn or Cary Grant fan to get that one.

Anyway, there is a breed of cat called the Siberian which comes from Russia and has only recently been introduced to the west. As you might expect, it's extremely hardy, and it likes to go fishing. However, I've never heard of one anywhere as large as that guy.

BTW, I'd LOVE to have a Siberian now that I'm catless, but a kitten STARTS at $800 and you have to wait months and months...

Zombiegirl Guest
    I'd never seen one of those until I came across this thread. What an awesome cat!!

Tracyb24 Guest
    Cute and scary all at the same time. I want to pet him and love on him, but another part of me wants to run.

guardmom2008 Guest
    I don't even want to think about why she is in the tub with her cat, just the thought of it is creepy.

hoxharding Guest
    It is an Asian fishing cat or somethng like that and most of them are in zoos. I have mixed feelings.
    I guess they are endangered(I think) and being in the wild,they aren't as safe as they are living with a family like that.
    In zoos,they are caged-
    But they can't live like the wild animals they are while they are domesticated.