Page 1 of 65 1231050 ... LastLast

Thread: Just So You Know - The Cat Thread (Vol 2)

hoxharding Guest

Just So You Know - The Cat Thread (Vol 2)

My apologies,but I have to show everyone this. I don't read Russian so I don't know details.
    It is a big cat. It appears to be a housecat,but I don't know. Take a look and see what you think.
    www.diesel.pp.net.ua/news/2007-02-15-104
    Last edited by hoxharding; 10-19-2007 at 01:08 PM.

2. 10-19-2007, 01:09 PM

Thats a big ass cat. Whats with the catfish and dead chicken? PETA's going to be pissed.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Littleroben Guest
    OMG that is one big cat! Wonder what it actually is, it can't be domestic unless it's bred with a tiger

xenaswolf Guest
    This is what Babelfish translates it as...
    Fish cat - rare animal, it is introduced into appendix II CITES. The weight of 15 kg, length only is more than meter, a height of 40 cm.

firegilnotguns Guest
    That's the third Russian bizarre animal-related thing I've seen recently. There was one where a woman had like 45 cats in her flat (but cared for them, the place wasn't a pisshole) and the other was where some guy's crocodile tried to escape from his flat by jumping out the window but he got it back and brought it back home...apparently it wasn't a first attempt.

Ree Guest
    That thing is huge! I was thinking I wanted until I saw the dead chicken. I think I will stick with your average house cat.

hoxharding Guest
    Xenaswolf- It is a Fishcat(as translated) I have never heard of such cat!

Yes, the fish and chicken grossed me out. I wonder what the smaller black cat feels about the large cat being able to hunt inside.
    Grossness aside, the big cat appears to be happy and affectionate.
    I just wonder why they toss live animals about so it can hunt.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    holy crap! looks like that other cat may be a snack for later.

Jazbabee Guest
    Awwww helllll no !!!!!! That's gotta be some kind jacked up hybrid deal !!!!!

xenaswolf Guest
    It kinda looks like an African Serval which a friend of mine has, but it isn't one of those. The face is too tigerish.

I have no clue what it is, I just went to Babelfish and translated the stuff from Russian to English. Your guess is as good as mine

jester joker Guest
    My cat weighs 20 pounds and is large as hell, but he would look like a peon compared to this beast! When I saw the catfish, I thought it was just a fake rubber toy. The chicken appears to be real, but that's questionable, too. I don't know, but this looks like a snow leapord to me.

hoxharding Guest
    One thing I can say- he/she loves that machine part(?)
    That is very much his toy and he wants NO one else to have it!

RubySlippers Guest
    that is a hellovah large cat and i would not have it in MY tub with me. it has to be a hybrid or wild-raised-domestic cat. they should be a little careful...i wouldn't be surprised if it turned. eeeek.

Damn! No way I would want something that big around my kids. It looks like some kind of cross bred thing.

Carrie Guest
    Used to be a petite house cat...near Chernobyl

firegilnotguns Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    Ha!

motherogod Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    Thats a big ass cat. Whats with the catfish and dead chicken? PETA's going to be pissed.
    Funny, I read "dead fish and chicken," and laughed out loud when I saw the broad in the bathtub-- thought that's the dead fish you were talking about!

jester joker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    Har! Good one!

Some sort of Russian version of an Ocelot?

Guest Guest
    It has been bred with something, I want to know why their incouraging it to kill though. I would be afraid for my other cats safety. The fangs on that thing are huge.

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    Thats some size of cat!

RoRo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsumthin View Post
    It has been bred with something, I want to know why their incouraging it to kill though. I would be afraid for my other cats safety. The fangs on that thing are huge.
    I think I'd be afraid for MY safety....remember the story of the old woman dying and her cats ate her?? eeewwwww

tensecondstolove Guest
    OMG I want that cat!! It's so cool.

hoxharding Guest
    I love that cat-I wouldn't let it hunt and tear animals up though. Especially in the bathroom and kitchen!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    My apologies,but I have to show everyone this. I don't read Russian so I don't know details.
    It is a big cat. It appears to be a housecat,but I don't know. Take a look and see what you think.
    Ummmm...okkkaaayy. What a cat.

I noticed her husband didn't risk any of his parts by gettin' in the tub with it, lol.
    What they are doing isn't smart, cause it obviously is not a domestic.
    It's an awesome looking animal, but wait til it bites the head off the other cat . Or her breast, she keeps bathing with it.

hoxharding Guest

I found out what the cat is!

Fishing Cat

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    Fishing Cat[1]
    Conservation status

Vulnerable [SIZE=2]([/SIZE][SIZE=2]IUCN[/SIZE][SIZE=2])[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][2][/SIZE]
    Scientific classificationKingdom:Animalia
    Phylum:Chordata
    Class:Mammalia
    Order:Carnivora
    Family:Felidae
    Genus:Prionailurus
    Species:P. viverrinus
    Binomial namePrionailurus viverrinus
    [SIZE=2]([/SIZE][SIZE=2]Bennett[/SIZE][SIZE=2], 1833)[/SIZE]SynonymsFelis viverrina
    Not to be confused with the Fisher (animal), sometimes called a Fisher Cat.
    The Fishing Cat (Prionailurus viverrinus) is a medium-sized cat whose habitat range extends through Indochina, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Sumatra and Java. Its fur has an olive-grey color and dark spots roughly arranged in longitudinal stripes.[3] The face has a distinctly flat-nosed appearance. The size is variable; while in India it is 80 cm, or 32 in, (and 30 cm, 12 in, tail), in Indonesia, it is only 65 cm, or 26 in, (25 cm, 10 in, tall). Indian individuals usually range up to 11.7 kg (26 lbs), while in Indonesia common weights are approximately 6 kg (13 lbs). They are stocky of build with medium short legs, and a short muscular tail of one half to one third of their head and body length.[3]
    Like its closest relative, the Leopard Cat, the Fishing Cat lives along rivers, brooks and mangrove swamps. It is perhaps better adapted to this habitat, since it swims often and skillfully.
    As the name implies, fish is the main prey of this cat, of which it hunts about 10 different species. It also hunts other aquatic animals such as frogs or crayfish, and terrestrial animals such as rodents and birds. The inter-digital webs on its paws help the cat gain better traction in muddy environments and water, like other mammals in semi-aquatic environments.
    Captive fishing cats can be seen at 22 different North American institutions. By December 2005, there were 72 fishing cats in these institutions. The largest captive group in North America, 15 cats, is found at the Rosamond Gifford Zoo in Syracuse, New York.

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    yep, i thought it was a ocelot at first too. we caught a mother and 4 kittens here at my work last year, they were feral cats. they had the same markings as that fisher cat, but were more golden colored. i took 2 of the kittens home, but i had to wear gloves to hold them. they are fairly tame now with their shots and being fixed. the mother weighed 18 lbs 6 oz, she was taken to a shelter.

now, for something more serious....i hope that damn catfish wasnt in the tub with that woman!!! thats sick!! no wonder her old man has that look on his face!!

hoxharding Guest
    From what I can tell, most of them run wild or are in zoos. So, how did that couple get one to hang out with their house cat?

Guest Guest
    You know... I don't know why I didn't recognize the damn thing.....HoxHarding your right. We have Fishing cats here in VT, but we call them Fisher cats. They look like regular cats, but much bigger. I seen one a few days ago actually........

Lurkster Guest
    Am I the only one here secretly hoping that big ass cat eats his owners and spares the little cat?

DannaMarie24 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hoxharding View Post
    [SIZE=5]I wonder where there dog went?......lol[/SIZE]

endsleigh03 Guest
    You know... I don't know why I didn't recognize the damn thing.....HoxHarding your right. We have Fishing cats here in VT, but we call them Fisher cats. They look like regular cats, but much bigger. I seen one a few days ago actually........
    Sweetsumthin, any chance of a photo, or are they outside in woods/unacessable? Just wonderin

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Sweetsumthin, any chance of a photo, or are they outside in woods/unacessable? Just wonderin
    Oh hun their wild here. Out in the woods. They mainly stay to themselves, but their most like a deer or a moose and will dart out infront of your car.

ghoulgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by motherogod View Post
    Funny, I read "dead fish and chicken," and laughed out loud when I saw the broad in the bathtub-- thought that's the dead fish you were talking about!
    The broad in the tub was a bit much. Thanks to the poster who clarified what type of cat this is. The best photo was that of the big cat owning the housecat as it was cleaning the top of its head.

Holy shit! That's one really deranged kitty!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Oh hun their wild here. Out in the woods. They mainly stay to themselves, but their most like a deer or a moose and will dart out infront of your car.
    Well shoot, Sweetsumthin, it was worth a try!

Those cats are just too cool.

hoxharding Guest
    They are Fisher Cats-but they are not to be confused with other types of fisher cats. They live around Southern Asia and India.

ozzysmom Guest

Video for the cat people

Here's another cute video. My cat Ozzy wakes me up like this if there is no food in his bowl in the morning. Although, he hasn't resorted to using the bat just yet.http://video.yahoo.com/watch/1323099

Too funny! LMAOoooo.

I had a cat once who did something like this, too, and once clamped down on my nose at 4am. I opened my eyes and he ran like hell. LOL
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Snudgie Guest
    LMFAO! I'm not a cat person (I'm really allergic) but that's so cute, I love how he points to his mouth at the end ...thanks for sharing! x

Snoopy Guest
    Oh that's too funny and so cat like..when I had a cat he definately tried to pull stuff on me to wake me up..buhe would always settle on curling up in the spot between my shoulder and chin area..LOL

OBX Guest
    Thanks for this. My daughter lives in LA with two cats and I love to send her little things and this one was perfect for the day.

ozzysmom Guest
    I'm glad you guys enjoyed this as much as I did.

OBX Guest
    My daughter loved it and responded. "My cat has never hit me with a bat, but she has bitten my nose."

Thanks Ozzysmom

Morbid1 Guest
    I like the cats respone when the man wakes up!

Prrrr..

Great video Ozzsymom!

-Morbid1

knothere Guest
    my cat wood lay across my face

1karenhb Guest
    Thanks ozzysmom that was great. I have 2 cats and can definately relate.

More Cheese Please Guest
    That was awesome! Here's a youtube kitty video that I thought was cool...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86fVoioExE4

GrinReaper Guest
    Purrsha does that to me too. (Except for the bat.) She will come up onto the bed and sometimes scratch the comfertor with one of her front paws repeatidly. Too cute! She keeps hinting until I get the hint and get up to feed her.

pvezz Guest
    This might be the cutest kitten I have ever seen in my life!

http://www.avclub.com/content/videocracy/5009