Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1656636465
Results 3,201 to 3,207 of 3207

Thread: Just So You Know - The Cat Thread (Vol 2)

El Jefe

For the first time, viewers are getting the chance to glimpse the secretive world of 'El Jefe.'

In a video released Wednesday by Conservation CATalyst and the Center for Biological Diversity, the jaguar can be seen walking through a forest and across a stream in the Santa Rita Mountains just outside Tucson. http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/...l?intcmp=hpbt4
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

my cat Chelsea had to get her anal glands squeezed. She has not pooped in her litter box since coming home from the vets; she made 1 BM under a bed then stopped. Its been 3 days. How can I get Chelsea to use her litter box???? She eats both soft & hard food mixed together. And she has to get a bath first - maybe after a bath????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PurrPurr Guest

Hel_Eljudnir Guest

ktkatinmn Guest
    Christmas Eve I had to put down my baby grrrrrrrl. She was beautiful (gray w/green eyes), soft as silk and a bitch. She was MY cat and she wasn't afraid to beat anyone to get the point across. She was a 'don't touch me' kinda kitty and would rip your arm off if you stuck it anywhere near her. She and I had ALPHA fights daily - I always won, but you wouldn't be able to tell by lookin at her...my sweet princess.

It surprised my husband that it took me 6 months to even think about getting a new sweey baby. I love kitties and I am only allowed 2 - which if I didn't have a limit I would have 40...no lie, I am a kitty mama to the core.

In June I found my baby. I kind of had to because, though we have an 11 year old pouffy black tomcat, he is not mine - he was my birthday present and I picked him out, but above baby girl owned me and there was no room for another, so pouffy black tomcat is my hubby's cat.

My baby randomly showed up at a farm alone, walked up to people and started purring - there were no new mama ferals at the farm, and at approx. 7 weeks old, there were no other strange kittens around, so the owners of the farm decided to Craigslist her. She had an injured/infected mouth and she was dirty, but I am a sucker and she is now my little peanut. She is a calico with lip issues = Calypso.

I brought her to the vet 1st thing, because the folks I got her from don't know where she came from, and since I have another cat, I do not what him to catch ANYTHING. The 1st thing we did was the Feline HIV - worst 10 minutes of my life waiting for that to come back!!! Negative, thank God!

When they were cleaning her up and checking for worms and mites and whatnot, the scab on her injured mouth came off and her whole bottom lip sagged - like ripped away from the chin bone! So...we sutured her face back on, treated her for round worms and ear mites and quarantined her from her brother (pouffy black tom).
    Antibiotics for 2 weeks, a second worm treatment, a second ear mite treatment...sigh.

Brought her in to get her rabies shot and we tested clean for worms and her mouth healed fabulously, but had an ear infection from the ear mites. Mites were gone, but 2 weeks of antibiotic ear drops.

Brought her in for fix and declaw and all went well. 2 days after we got the stitches out of her belly, she was pooping blood. Round worms AGAIN!!! So we had pouffy black toms poop tested - no worms. Quarantine again!

And through all of this, my peanut is active - busy - ON THE MOVE!!! You couldn't tell she was injured - on the move. You couldn't tell I had her declawed - I brought her home and she shimmied her little ass up the 7 foot tall cat tower. All of the toys we bought over the last 13 years (from back to when princess was a kitten) that never got played with, well we are getting our money's worth now. I am tripping over toys I never knew we had. Granted I am 11 years older than the last time I had a kitten, but my God I am exhausted and she's quarantined to 2 rooms.

I have never had a calico, but now (NOW!!!) I am learning that Calico's are busy. The vet tells me they have a 'tude - no, my princess had a 'tude, Calypso is just very busy. She is loving and snuggly and gets along with my tom, this is very refreshing!

I showed a picture of her to a gal I work with and she's like - she looks tortie... So I had to look on the interwebs, and come to find out that yes - calico category, however... Snowshoe torbi and white. White foots - the pads have polka dots, soooo cute I could eat it up!!! Tortie markings with tabby stripes in the orange and a white belly. I will have to figure out how to post pictures, because damn she's cute :-)

Now if I could just get her all fixed up... $1,200 and counting on a free cat.

OMG I almost killed my Pixie. I put flea med on the back of her neck and she ingested some of it. So at 4AM Thursday she is having seizures......then tremors....then more seizures. I am losing it. Just hysterical. I get her to the Vet at 7:30 am and they grab her and everyone is running to save her. They kept her overnight and saved her. I feel so bad. I did not think to put her in a bath! She has been sleeping with me since I was sick last month. Last night she slept on my chest. Never again will I use the liquid flea med. I am sick over what I did. And I never thought I would get so attached to a cat. WHEW. I might add she is so sweet!

Here's an idea for fleas. Schmoo's kitten Fluffy had them, and she's barely two months old so she's too young for any kind of flea products. Coconut oil on the cat, the oil suffocates the fleas and the coconut oil is harmless if they lick it off (which they will). After it's set for a few hours and the fleas are dead, give the kitty a bath with Dawn dish soap, it will get the oil out of their fur. Dawn is the same soap that they use when they rescue birds covered in oil on the beaches.

And this happened in my house this morning...I was in the bathroom getting ready for work, when Max comes zooming in with Fluffy hot on his heels. Max takes a flying leap and lands in the bathtub with a loud THUD. Fluffy skids to a stop when she reaches the tub. She climbs up on her hind feet and peers into the tub, and gives Max a look that says, "I don't know, man, the last time I got in that tub, it wasn't much fun for me."

She remembered last week, when she leaped into the tub blindly and found water in it. OH she was mad! She let out an angry yowl, jumped back out, and took off. I managed to catch her and wrap her in a towel to try to dry her off, but she was MAD. She let me know she was mad. I finally let her go, and she ran to Hubby and got in bed with him. When I left for work that day, she was cuddled up with him under the blankets, telling "her PawPaw" all about it.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."