Thread: Ghost Fleet Of The Recession

Ghost Fleet Of The Recession

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

TheMysterian Guest
    Excellent article Ich,and we are being told the recession is over!

Forever-27 Guest
    And the Band Played On .....

Thanks for sharing that, Ich. That pic is eerie.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

STsFirstmate Guest
    Couple this with their flying counterparts put to sleep in row after row in the deserts of Arizona and Nevada and you get a pretty clear picture of the economic gears clanking to a stop.
    In my business we are seeing glacially slow but hopeful improvements. I have one large client that after laying off 20,000 people is starting to reduce the furloughs at remaining plants and they are loosening up capital spending in Q4. We are seeing the same thing with other very large cleints. If you imagine the global economy as a big slinky stretched very thin even when it begins to relax on one end, flow of capital investments and industrial spending and orders it take a very long time to get to the other end of the slinky, jobs, employment, raises and personal credit.
    After the last recession in the 90s it was a pretty jobless recovery and very little increase in wealth , other than the artificial increase of wealth with the property bubble , for the average worker.
    I am afraid this will be the same thing. Every dime will go into the top 5% of corporate wages and stock holder dividends. That has to change or we will pretty much finish killing the middle class.
    Until we (as business leaders and CEOs) think in increments longer than the quarterly numbers we are doomed to these boom and bust cycles that are leaving footprints on the face of the workers trampled in the rush for the money.
    Regards,
    Mary

Stunning!
    Regards,
    Mary
    Last edited by STsFirstmate; 09-16-2009 at 02:29 AM.

tarsier Guest
    That is so sad.