Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Respecting peoples opinon's

Danny62 Guest

Respecting peoples opinon's

I came across a post that was kind of troubling to me. I won't mention which one.

We obviously all have different opinon's and its important to disagree after all that is what this forum is about in some ways but please don't attack the person on a "personal" level!!

That is just plain wrong!!!!

Right or wrong we all have a right to express our opinons without being attacked as a person!!

Dan

relander Guest
    Well said Danny62!

Let's all play nice ok.

knothere Guest
    damn strait

Guest Guest
    Very nicely said!

There is no reason to attack anyone, and if you feel the " need " to do it, don't post it public, there are PM's for that. It's cowardly to go off on someone over something so petty when obviously there is so much more in the world to bitch bout. An opinion is an opinion, not a fact.

Snoopy Guest
    I totally agree..these forums here and everywhere are meant to express your opinions freely because everyone has an opinion and every opinion should be respected!

ST Moron Guest
    Just because I wear stupid-looking hats that call attention to my big nose doesn't mean people have to bring that up when taking issue with my posts.

Thanks!

Here, here! We're all friends brought here by our love of all things gory and immoral!

candleinthewind Guest
    It tends to happen on message boards. Unfortunately there are personal attacks or someone declares themself Lord of the Board. I hope we can avoid it here.

MIZIZVOGUE Guest
    Talk about personal attacks!! I've been on the American Idol mb, and if you don't like a particular Idol---watch out!!!

candleinthewind Guest
    You should see the fights on the gossip websites started by the Brangelina loonies and the Britney lovers.

Feel free to PM one of the administrators or moderators for any posts that are out of hand. This includes personal attacks, spam, and anything that's disruptive for the sake of being disruptive. There's also a button that's currently at the top-right of each post that you can use to automatically report the post to the appropriate staff.

There's no harm in reporting when you have a legitimate concern. If the decision is that the post is all right after all, it's fine. I will look at anything you send me and let you know if I feel you are being overly sensitive.

The community standards are still in the developmental stage, so let's make sure they stay on the right track!

GhostWorld Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by candleinthewind View Post
    You should see the fights on the gossip websites started by the Brangelina loonies and the Britney lovers.
    I've seen those develop into super creepy things..

And don't you forget, oopinions are like assholes - everyone has one and everyone think everyone elses stinks. It's true I looked it up on wiki.

Darrianne Guest
    It tends to happen on message boards. Unfortunately there are personal attacks or someone declares themself Lord of the Board. I hope we can avoid it here.

Amen! That has happened on almost every message board I have ever joined. Wait......could it be......nah, it ain't me!

But, seriously, that is what you run into in the cyber world. I think if you have a personal issue with someone, want to question them, their posts or whatever, you should take it in private messaging.

ST Moron Guest
    It tends to happen on message boards. Unfortunately there are personal attacks or someone declares themself Lord of the Board.
    Lord of the Bored perhaps?

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostWorld View Post
    And don't you forget, oopinions are like assholes - everyone has one
    Are you sure about that?

I've been told it all comes gushing out of my mouth, thereby eliminating the need for a second orifice.

BeeCee Guest
    [SIZE=3]You should see how they go for the throat on Topix.com. Though, I have to admit - my evil side does enjoy a good flame war now and again (right place, right time). I especially love pulling the chains of gun nuts and racists. They're so easy. [/SIZE]

xenaswolf Guest

I'm a Brangelina LOONEY.....

onehunglow Guest
    Like every fart they just pass.

Albertadude Guest
    Let me play the devil's advocate for a moment!

I'm not sure to what you are referring to Danny but yes, I never think it is right to attack the person because you disagree with them..However, not ALL opinions deserve our respect!! Yes, we all have a right to our own opinion but not all opinions are Valid!

I have come across countless people that deny the Holocaust and praise Adolf Hitler or Josef Stalin and the gulags...I DO not respect their opinions in the least...I have come across people that applaud the acts of Islamic terrorists on 9-11...I do not respect their opinions or beliefs in the least! And so on and so forth...

Their are times we must stand up and leave moral relativism behind and say right is right and wrong is wrong........as for the people that hold such deranged opinions, well who knows....they still may be nice people (i doubt it though) but their intelligence has to be severely questioned.

Thanks

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Albertadude View Post
    as for the people that hold such deranged opinions, well who knows
    Tips from a pro: if you don't cope well with "deranged opinions," you'll save a great deal of time and trouble by putting me on "ignore" right now .

I say this because I've been told that the only opinions I ever have are of the "deranged" variety.

(Hey, just trying to help!)

....they still may be nice people (i doubt it though) but their intelligence has to be severely questioned.
    And as far as my intelligence goes: there are, somewhere in the world, at least ten people occupied with questioning my intelligence at any given time. I can put you on the roster as well if you'd like, but even if two or three of the regulars are out sick, they've still got it covered.

I am nice, though.*

*when compared to Charles Manson, Leona Helmsley, or Idi Amin. Comparing me with anyone else, however, may net a different result.
    Last edited by ST Moron; 10-10-2007 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Changed "happy" to "glad" and "we" to "they."

deathybrad Guest
    Idiot. LOL.

Let me play the devil's advocate for a moment!

I'm not sure to what you are referring to Danny but yes, I never think it is right to attack the person because you disagree with them..However, not ALL opinions deserve our respect!! Yes, we all have a right to our own opinion but not all opinions are Valid!

I have come across countless people that deny the Holocaust and praise Adolf Hitler or Josef Stalin and the gulags...I DO not respect their opinions in the least...I have come across people that applaud the acts of Islamic terrorists on 9-11...I do not respect their opinions or beliefs in the least! And so on and so forth...

Their are times we must stand up and leave moral relativism behind and say right is right and wrong is wrong........as for the people that hold such deranged opinions, well who knows....they still may be nice people (i doubt it though) but their intelligence has to be severely questioned.

Thanks

I seriously doubt that opinions such as this are going to run rampant on this board. Like I said in another post, most of us are here because of a similar unconventional interest that we don't normally get to discuss freely. I don't think your going to find any "I don't like Liberace because he's a homo, or I don't like Jimi Hendrix because he's black" around here.

Mavros Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by onehunglow View Post
    Like every fart they just pass.
    But unfortunately, they usually fart AS they pass...

Guest Guest
    The dispute Danny is refferring to has nothing to with being Racial, or anything like that. It was simply a childish snapback from someone who didn't like my opinion on the Lana Clarkson case. He/she was just incredibly rude. I'm over it, was a long time go. But just because you don't agree with some one does not give you the right to post back and try to belittle someone.

Why would someone do that? Sweetsumthin is a sweetheart and her posts are always interesting.
    I agree we need to respect others on here. It's one thing to debate and have difference of opinions, but I never got why some people think it's ok to go off on others just because we're behind a screen.
    In "real life", would a person go up to someone else on the street and scream rude things in their face just because you don't agree with them? I doubt it.
    â??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.â? - Michael Jackson

candleinthewind Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    I'm a Brangelina LOONEY.....
    That's cool with me, but I'm talking about what has happened on some message boards with rabid fans who visciously attack anyone who disagrees with them. Many gossip websites have just become a battle between Team Brangelina/Team Anniston or Britney vs. anti-Britney.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by norah View Post
    Why would someone do that? Sweetsumthin is a sweetheart and her posts are always interesting.
    I agree we need to respect others on here. It's one thing to debate and have difference of opinions, but I never got why some people think it's ok to go off on others just because we're behind a screen.
    In "real life", would a person go up to someone else on the street and scream rude things in their face just because you don't agree with them? I doubt it.

Thank YOU!!!!!!! That made my day.

Mavros Guest

But they do... It's called "Road Rage" or "New York City", I think...

^^ lol ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetsumthin View Post
    Thank YOU!!!!!!! That made my day.
    Aww; only the truth.
    â??If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.â? - Michael Jackson

ST Moron Guest
    but I never got why some people think it's ok to go off on others just because we're behind a screen.
    Because they are behind a screen.

The (relative) anonymity of the Internet is always a double-edged sword: on the one hand, we can talk about things on the forum that we could not discuss in a crowded elevator.

On the other: every dipstick, pinhead, and hosebag* that can figure out how to turn a computer on is free to "say" things that they would probably never dare say in the Big Room.

And I've always tried to keep that second part in mind. Because when someone calls you an "effeminate communist" (or whatever) online, chances are very, very good that they would never do that in the Real World, where people generally do their talking within arm's reach.

*No, I'm not telling you which one of those I happen to be myself.

ST, I hear ya, and totally agree. That's why these people online are usually referred to as trolls. They usually just want to piss others off, or see how far they can go.
    I'm just saying you'd think someone would conduct themselves as they would anywhere else not because you're supposed to, but maybe because you want to come across as a decent person. ( I would think so..a lot don't really care to however.)
    Trying to push other people's buttons just because you can is low; net or not.
    Again though I understand since we are in fact behind screens it makes it that much easier to be a bit tougher than you normally would, but we're all still people on here. It's still "real life" on here as well..just another source for communication.
    Last edited by norah; 10-10-2007 at 07:07 AM.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Moron View Post
    Because they are behind a screen.

The (relative) anonymity of the Internet is always a double-edged sword: on the one hand, we can talk about things on the forum that we could not discuss in a crowded elevator.

On the other: every dipstick, pinhead, and hosebag* that can figure out how to turn a computer on is free to "say" things that they would probably never dare say in the Big Room.

And I've always tried to keep that second part in mind. Because when someone calls you an "effeminate communist" (or whatever) online, chances are very, very good that they would never do that in the Real World, where people generally do their talking within arm's reach.

*No, I'm not telling you which one of those I happen to be myself.

Everything I have ever said online, in these post, I would say in person. If I talk about death and celebrities to a person on a elevator more then less I'm going to get a dirty look. Or it just might happen to be a Death Hag. I'll take my chances on the death hag and won't cover up myself for anyone online or face to face. This is just who I am. But I do not deserve to be called IGNORANT, when my opinion is issued. We need to start up a baseball team called the Death hags. Good Idea? Anyone?

Danny62 Guest

Exclamation Its only a matter of time!

I am just waiting for one of those people that totally hate Scott and "findadeath" and come on here and start making posts about how sick we all are.

You know those hateful emails he gets and posts them for us to read on the findadeath main page?

I am surprised it hasn't happened yet!! All bets are off in that case.

When that happens "and it will" I won't mind Not respecting their opinons!!!

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    I am just waiting for one of those people that totally hate Scott and "findadeath" and come on here and start making posts about how sick we all are.

You know those hateful emails he gets and posts them for us to read on the findadeath main page?

:When : that happens, there will be alot of people not respecting opinions. This all reminds me of Grease, you know how the T-birds had their own turf? Yeah well same here, if your not a Death Hag, and come here to try and degrade us, then your stepping on our turf and it will be defended!

Mavros Guest

At least Scott is polite.

I mean, he could post their email addresses...

But, we are not sick (as you know)... I think it is quite healthy to be alive and have an interest in death, for obvious reasons...

Otherwise, (D), would you mind putting on a shirt? We all know you are beautiful...
    Last edited by Mavros; 10-10-2007 at 07:54 AM.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavros View Post
    At least Scott is polite.

I mean, he could post their email addresses...

But, we are not sick (as you know)... I think it is quite healthy to be alive and have an interest in death, for obvious reasons...

Otherwise, (D), would you mind putting on a shirt? We all know you are beautiful...

I believe he actually has posted a couple of the email address's? I mean they get quite hateful!!!!!!

Karma...what goes around comes around!

Mavros Guest
    I believe he actually has posted a couple of the email address's? I mean they get quite hateful!!!!!!

Karma...what goes around comes around!

I SO hate Hate... But mockery is always fun, as Scott knows.

If one of those FAD haters shows up we will give them a group beating and show them what the ignore button is for.

ST Moron Guest
    And I, for one, am prepared to agree with them entirely.

What I mean is: if someone wants to call me sick, or weird, or whatever it happens to be, a cheerful smile and an enthusiastic "Yes!" is very disconcerting for them. Please believe me when I tell you that they Just Can't Hack It.

Yes, I do. And they're a great laugh, aren't they? There is absolutely nothing funnier than an angry, self-righteous git.

I always find myself contemplating the furious keyboard-pounding and spittle-covered monitors that, doubtless, went into producing those emails. And before I know it, I'm smiling quietly to myself.

The dorks writing those letters are really not much different than cavemen taking up "painting" with turds. Let's face it: the results aren't all that great, but hey, it was the best they could do with what they had, right?

I am surprised it hasn't happened yet!!
    I am grateful it hasn't happened yet. Let's all cross our fingers, shall we?

Perhaps the best course of action might be to simply not acknowledge their opinions.

If you ignore people who are looking to start a fight, they leave. But if you spend time bickering with them, and playing the game that they want you to play, you're just giving them the "juice" that they need to keep their stupidity going.

It just isn't worth it. Not to me, anyway.

Scott has fun with FAD. And he's been kind enough to give us kids some space online so we can hang out together and share a common interest.

But if FAD ever becomes more pain than pleasure for Scott, I'm sure he's going to pull the plug on it and start looking around for something else that's actually fun to do.

And, likewise, if I come to the forums and discover that they're no longer any fun because some 'Tard (or group of 'Tards) picked up a keyboard and started "painting with turds," I'll need to go somewhere else for my fun, too.

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but there it is.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Moron View Post
    And I, for one, am prepared to agree with them entirely.

What I mean is: if someone wants to call me sick, or weird, or whatever it happens to be, a cheerful smile and an enthusiastic "Yes!" is very disconcerting for them. Please believe me when I tell you that they Just Can't Hack It.

Yes, I do. And they're a great laugh, aren't they? There is absolutely nothing funnier than an angry, self-righteous git.

I always find myself contemplating the furious keyboard-pounding and spittle-covered monitors that, doubtless, went into producing those emails. And before I know it, I'm smiling quietly to myself.

The dorks writing those letters are really not much different than cavemen taking up "painting" with turds. Let's face it: the results aren't all that great, but hey, it was the best they could do with what they had, right?

I am grateful it hasn't happened yet. Let's all cross our fingers, shall we?

Perhaps the best course of action might be to simply not acknowledge their opinions.

If you ignore people who are looking to start a fight, they leave. But if you spend time bickering with them, and playing the game that they want you to play, you're just giving them the "juice" that they need to keep their stupidity going.

It just isn't worth it. Not to me, anyway.

Scott has fun with FAD. And he's been kind enough to give us kids some space online so we can hang out together and share a common interest.

But if FAD ever becomes more pain than pleasure for Scott, I'm sure he's going to pull the plug on it and start looking around for something else that's actually fun to do.

And, likewise, if I come to the forums and discover that they're no longer any fun because some 'Tard (or group of 'Tards) picked up a keyboard and started "painting with turds," I'll need to go somewhere else for my fun, too.

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but there it is.
    I don't know some of those emails Scott has posted are very hateful!!

Lets hope it won't happen I really can see someone with an issue with this will see this forum and just want to start causing problems...I assume they could remove him from this forum?

But good point if we just ignore them they will go away. But I can't see all of us doing that!

Like I said when we are debating about death and stuff I don't think you should be attacking someone just because you don't agree with their opinon.

But to come in here and start attacking us personally for this hobby then I think we have a right to defend ourselves.

Who knows maybe I am contradicting myself?

But yes we want to keep thos forum fun!!!

No it wasn't harsh it was very well put!!!!!!!

Darrianne Guest
    ^^ lol ^^

Aww; only the truth.
    I totally agree!

Remember what they say? If you don't have anything nice to say....come sit next to me!

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Remember what they say? If you don't have anything nice to say....come sit next to me!
    [SIZE=3]Thank you, Clairee Belcher!!!! (you know you'd give your dog a kidney if he needed it!) [/SIZE]

Snoopy Guest
    I do have to agree that not acknowledging is the best answer unless some troll insists on not letting it drop then I would have no problem if someone put him in his place..I firmly believe that if you're not interested in a particular forum do not sign on and like joplin posted if you have nothing good to say do say anything.
    Last edited by Snoopy; 10-10-2007 at 01:47 PM. Reason: changing a word

OBX Guest
    SweetSumpthin - man, you have a lot of posts. I couldn't find the Spector thread and finally went through yours to make sure it wasn't me that had said something that you thought was mean.
    Hey, your fireback was great and it was at somebody other than me, so I could enjoy it.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OBX View Post
    SweetSumpthin - man, you have a lot of posts. I couldn't find the Spector thread and finally went through yours to make sure it wasn't me that had said something that you thought was mean.
    Hey, your fireback was great and it was at somebody other than me, so I could enjoy it.

There are other people with alot more post then me < stares at Danny > but I try to blabber out my opinions LOL. No it wasn't directed to you in anyway. And my fireback wasn't as great as I wanted it to be but I'm not going to post all that on a thread to start a war LOL It's done and over with, and I'm over it completely I'm just going to write it down that the person was having a " bad " day and needed someone to vent on. May I suggest buying a punching bag though?

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I saw the comment this referred to and almost flagged it myself but hoped that it would be taken care of, as it was, rightfully.

I used to participate in a few message boards on widely varied subjects and gave it up for a bad job. I got so tired of the personal nitpicking bullsh1t, it wasn't worth it.

Mr. Admin, may I make a suggestion? When the registration emails are sent, would it be possible to put something in there that general assholery will not be tolerated and don't say anything you wouldn't say to someone's face in real life?

I would hate to see to see this dissolve into the flame fest some of the other boards are.

There always seems to be that one person that has to make trouble..(shaking head)..oh, well.

djdeath-hag Guest
    I hope it wasn't something that came outta me! (while I may not be as sweet as I used to be, I try not to go outta my way to piss off....or on good people)

OBX Guest
    I am with you djdeath-hag. When I saw what the thread was about, I immediately thought, o god what did I type?