Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MadMen on AMC

jesska_812 Guest

MadMen on AMC

Did anyone watch this on AMC? GREAT show.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I love Mad Men! Excellent writing, excellent acting.

I so knew Peggy was pregnant!

Mad Men on AMC

please don't hate me if there's already a thread for this! i couldn't find one :/

anyway, who's super excited about season 3 starting tonight????

i need my Jon Hamm fix!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

pinkrose35 Guest
    I'm so ready for this season to start. Great show and yes Jon Hamm is so hot

spaghetti cat!

also, what story are you most anxious to see continue? i'm curious about Betty's pregnancy...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

what's everyone's favorite MM character?

mine is Joan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tonight's show was pretty good. What a shame Don is still screwing around on his wife. They have such a messed up family, I feel sorry for their kids. What was with the beginning?

Looks like it will be an interesting and unpredictable season!

i felt bad for Sal, guy can't catch a break! i so want him to be out and proud, and then i remember it's supposed to be the '60s. ha.

and yes, Don is still a sleaze. but he just looks so good doing it, it's hard to hate him too much. and is it just me or did Betty get complacent all of a sudden? what happened to angry Betty?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They do much of their research very well. Last night's episode took place in Baltimore and the names of the establishments, even those long gone out of business was dead-on !
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

scott69 Guest

Talking

I'm an antique collector and love the set decorating, clothes, hair, costume jewelry etc.
    and I'm in LOVE with Don Draper!

Adiposeur Guest
    this show rocks!!

The beginning of the episode was Don daydreaming about how he came into the world. He was a bastard who's prostitute mother died having him. The woman who came to raise him had miscarried or had stillborns before the midwife decided to give her infant Don/Dick.

pinkrose35 Guest
    Yes Betty did seem very complacent, hmmmmmm, maybe she it was the little quickie in the bar.. last season...lol

I'm glad they didn't put it too far in the future. Looking forward to seeing Betty smokin' and drinkin' while pregnant.

Pete Campbell - still a total loser with his perfect little Trudy.

Does Joan look huge this year or is it just me?

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I love, love, love this show. The writing is incredible, the sets and costumes are impeccible. It's just so well done.

I think Betty is just in the eye of her hurricane right now. I love to hate Pete Campbell! And Don is such eye candy, he reminds me of all the old time Hollywood Stars; rugged and handsome.

There is a great spread in Vanity Fair this month with back story on how the show came to be. Some great pictures, as well.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/fe.../mad-men200909

That's a good show,I love that redhead on the show.
    She is cute.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Giada Guest
    The VF article and pics are terrific. Weiner creates a slick visual production. I'm not captured by s/l or dialogue, eek but I've tried ...

My true fav is Revolutionary Road, both Richard Yates book, and the film. Yates captures the essence and feel of the era, (written 1961).

Quote Originally Posted by pinkrose35 View Post
    Yes Betty did seem very complacent, hmmmmmm, maybe she it was the little quickie in the bar.. last season...lol
    I'm wondering if this is the cause of her pregnancy. I guess there will be no way of knowing for sure.

LOVE this show. I just hope they keep up with good story lines and don't let it devolve into a sex show. It could very easily I'm afraid. I also hope they delve into some of the other characters more deeply.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    I love this show...it's like an oasis in a televised sea of CRAP.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    I love this show...it's like an oasis in a televised sea of CRAP.
    Absolutely!

Character development, backstory, interesting plot lines and twists.

I wonder about Betty's pregnancy, as well, if it was the bar quickie. I also keep thinking that something is going to happen between Peggy and the priest. He seems a little too interested in her.

majcm Guest

Mad Men

Does anybody watch this show? It's pretty good. I'm hooked. What do you think will happen w/Don and Betty now that she knows his secret?

I think January Jones is one of the prettiest women ever.

That girl that plays Joan is pretty, but what's kind of odd, her head seems way to small for her body. Hubs thinks the boobs are fake, but I say she's got the hips to match, so they're real. Text book hourglass figure. She's definitely not skinny and it's nice to see a bigger woman portrayed as sexy and desirable.

The one thing about the show. The way the women just jump into bed with the men and make the first moves on the men...I don't think in the early 60's most women did that yet. I think virtue was still a high priority for women. Was I just sheltered or were the early 60's like that?

I watch it religiously.

Yeah, that episode last night...........Wow ! ! !
    Ultimately, BETTY will stay with him. DON is one messed up fu*k !

IMO JANUARY JONES is very pretty but nowhere near as beauteous as they make her out to be; the endless comparisions to GRACE KELLY- no way ! They do a god job with the make-up. When I've seen her in photographs and studied the face, well there's room for improvement, that being if they're going to constantly try to reinforce what a '10'she supposedly is. Then again, would you expect the producers to promote that they've hired an 8 & a half ?

CHRISTINA HENDRICKS- love the character she plays ! Body wise she is beyond buxom. That body shape was at its desirous end by the mid 60s. the kind of gal that you know would've been a size 20 by age forty. What's odd is that she's also the only one who looks better in current day fashions. HAMM, and JONES are not half as striking when you see them in 2009 fashions, hair etc....

JOHN SLATTERY who plays the boss MR. STERLING- I get a kick out of him because he looks like my Uncle Ted. He has that archtypical upper echeloned executive look to a T !

JONES

JONES.....
    HENDRICKS
    JOHN HAMM

NewYorkDoll Guest

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Ms. Hendricks...those curves and the way she walks in those tight dresses...

Quote Originally Posted by stinkythejokedog View Post
    Ms. Hendricks...those curves and the way she walks in those tight dresses...

Those are the real deal boobs on her. She was in a epi of "Firefly" and showed side boob. VERY real.

majcm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    I watch it religiously.

IMO JANUARY JONES is very pretty but nowhere near as beauteous as they make her out to be; the endless comparisions to GRACE KELLY- no way ! They do a god job with the make-up. When I've seen her in photographs and studied the face, well there's room for improvement, that being if they're going to constantly try to reinforce what a '10'she supposedly is. Then again, would you expect the producers to promote that they've hired an 8 & a half ?

CHRISTINA HENDRICKS- love the character she plays ! Body wise she is beyond buxom. That body shape was at its desirous end by the mid 60s. the kind of gal that you know would've been a size 20 by age forty. What's odd is that she's also the only one who looks better in current day fashions. HAMM, and JONES are not half as striking when you see them in 2009 fashions, hair etc....

JOHN SLATTERY who plays the boss MR. STERLING- I get a kick out of him because he looks like my Uncle Ted. He has that archtypical upper echeloned executive look to a T !

JONES

JONES.....

HENDRICKS

JOHN HAMM
    Wow, Kelt, you are correct, sir! (or ma'am, lol) Both Jon Hamm and January Jones are not even close to how they look on the show. Those makeup artists and hair stylists should never be unemployed!

Who is everyone's favorite character? I like Pete Campbell and Joan.

What about your favorite Don Mistress? I think I liked Rachel the best. I sure did not like the first girl. She was a flake. Lots of people on the IMDB Mad Men board hate this new girl, Suzanne, but I don't really. I think it's interesting. She sometimes acts like she's gonna be a Fatal Attraction nut and then she backs off. Anyway, I hate that there are only 2 episodes left this season. Those damn Soprano's...I think that show started the mini-seasons and almost year long breaks. Another wait that kills me is Lost.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Those are the real deal boobs on her. She was in a epi of "Firefly" and showed side boob. VERY real.
    must see Firefly within the next 24hrs

Love this show! I like Joan. She's a strong, smart woman. I don't like Pete & I think Peggy's got some some psychiatric issues.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkythejokedog View Post
    must see Firefly within the next 24hrs

Its the 'Our Mrs. Reynolds" ep.

stinkythejokedog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Its the 'Our Mrs. Reynolds" ep.
    thanks..will check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkDoll View Post
    I'm surprised she didn't kill him with that one.
    He deserved it though. She tries so hard to be strong all the time. Then after she loses her job at STERLING her ahole husband tells her that she has no idea what it's like to want something all your life and then lose it.
    Bang away JOAN !

Quote Originally Posted by majcm View Post
    Wow, Kelt, you are correct, sir! (or ma'am, lol) Both Jon Hamm and January Jones are not even close to how they look on the show. Those makeup artists and hair stylists should never be unemployed!

Who is everyone's favorite character? I like Pete Campbell and Joan.

Peter Campbell ? That little nothing ? Crap ! What a little weasle.
    I think that my favorite character is PEGGY.

majcm Guest

Well, maybe I should have said I like his storylines. I think he has interesting places to go what with his marriage, Peggy, ambition, dad issues, etc.

Now I HATED Peggy the first two seasons. I like her much better this season. That smirk she seemed to have all the time the first two really bugged me and she just seemed to have no emotions.

I really like Paul Kinsey a lot, but the last couple episodes he has started turning really paranoid (or is Peggy really stealing his ideas, would be an interersting storyline). I think the actor playing him is attractive also.

Enjoy this show a lot.
    When I first turned it on thought it was actually a
    movie from the early 60s because of all the realistic
    looking clothes and hairstyles of that time.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    My favorite show. I'm obsessed!

Trivia: January Jones was an Abercrombie & Fitch model. She had dated Ashton Kuchter in the pre-Demi days. He encouraged her not to pursue acting.

The last episode was a wowser. Betty was icy cold, even as she was trying to comfort Don.

I hate the Pete Campbell character, but I think that's kind of the idea. I like Peggy a lot more now than I did at first.

I love me some Joan.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Enjoy this show a lot.
    When I first turned it on thought it was actually a
    movie from the early 60s because of all the realistic
    looking clothes and hairstyles of that time.
    For the most yeah, they're on target. Every once in a while though........like BETTY'S hairdo when they were in Rome recently; no way.

36. 10-29-2009, 05:35 AM

NewYorkDoll Guest

totally agree.

eta: i hate that elisabeth moss is a scientologist but she is a great actress--she married fred armisen last weekend)
    Last edited by NewYorkDoll; 10-29-2009 at 08:24 PM.

John Connor Guest
    I like all the characters. I find the attitude towards women really interesting and I can see why all these women would have been frustrated in one way or another. As far as the my favourite I have to pick Don Draper. He is the best character on TV since Carrie Bradshaw. Mind you I don't see much TV. The guy that plays him is perfect. Strong and very masculine but you can see the cracks and vulnerability as well.
    Sometimes I think they over do the smoking and drinking thing a bit.
    Last edited by John Connor; 11-18-2009 at 04:42 AM.

John Connor Guest
    I watch it religiously.

She's pretty in her own right. It shows how little imagination the media has. She wears GK dresses and has GK hair so who does she look like? Besides the costumes she doesn't look like her at all. She;s very good in the show, properly stiff and repressed.

She is a knock-out. What a face.

JONES

JONES.....

HENDRICKS

JOHN HAMM

John Connor Guest
    One character I really like as well is Trudy Campbell, Pete's wife. The perfect partner for any man.

Nice cool photos, I can hardly wait until the new
    episodes will start.

I agree about Trudy - she has become one of my favorite characters. Sometimes Pete appears to be a good person deep down inside, and then he does something stupid. Always highly entertaining!

The whole, new office is going to be working much more closely together next season.

I am SO glad they kept Harry - I love him!

Trudy (Peter's wife) always wears nice hats.
    She is to good for him.

John Connor Guest
    BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - The Golden Globes can't get enough of "Mad Men."

AMC's critically acclaimed series about a 1960s-era ad agency won its third straight award for best television drama, part of a big night for cable networks. The competitive pay cable networks Showtime and HBO both won three trophies.

"Television is amazing right now," said Matthew Weiner, the series' creator. "To be in the lineup with these shows - my TiVo is burned out."

"Mad Men" won despite a big night for Showtime's "Dexter." Michael C. Hall won for best actor in a drama and John Lithgow won a supporting actor honour. Both men play serial killers who match wits on the bloody series.
    Hall, who is undergoing treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma, wore a wool cap as he accepted his award. He did not mention his illness.

"I've had the most wonderful time creeping out the entire country for the last six months," said Lithgow, whose Trinity killer joined the series this season.

The Golden Globe could give a burst of attention to Collette's series, "United States of Tara" - at least, that was her expressed hope.

Julianna Margulies won for best actress in a drama for her performance as a lawyer fighting back from the humiliation of her disgraced politician husband in "The Good Wife." It was her first Golden Globe in seven nominations, and she kissed her fellow "ER" actor George Clooney on the way to the stage.

"It was enough to be nominated with these wonderful women and Glenn Close, I'd bow down, but this dress would rip," said Margulies, the only nominee in her category from a broadcast network. The CBS drama is in its first year.

HBO's "Grey Gardens," about reclusive mother and daughter Edith and "Little Edie" Bouvier Beale, relatives of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, was judged the best movie or miniseries made for TV. Drew Barrymore, who co-starred with Jessica Lange, took the prize for best actress in a miniseries or TV movie for her role as the eccentric "Little Edie."
    A nervous Barrymore accepted the award, thanking producers for taking a chance on her for the role even though she's known to have a goofy reputation.

"Oh, God, I'm not very good at this," she said, stumbling through her speech.

Kevin Bacon, who played a Marine escort for the remains of troops killed in Iraq in the HBO move "Taking Chance," won for acting in a made-for-TV movie.

Alec Baldwin, who won the trophy for best actor in a TV series, comedy or musical, for "30 Rock," was attending a charity function and was not present to pick up the prize at the Beverly Hills Hotel ceremony.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Just a heads up, kids. New season starts July 25! Get the martinis and smokes ready!

Giada Guest
    Not unusual for me to find a series I enjoy after it has aired a few seasons or ended. Six Feet Under was one of them.

I watched Season 3/E13 this last week-end and really enjoyed it. I was captured by the back story.

Looking forward to Season 4.

Love the show, can't hardly wait
    until the new season starts.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    I thought the preimere was very good, sucked me right in.

Betty's new marriage is a little tense, ya think? Heh.

Lots to keep us watching.

I love Mad Men... my favorite show. I have a friend who is in her 70s and she worked on Madison Ave. during the early 60s... for an advertising agency in fact. She says that the drinking, smoking, and harassment is highly accurate. She disagrees with the amount of sex and affairs.

Joan is quite insanely hot in my opinion.
    Last edited by Inked_Daddy; 07-27-2010 at 04:31 PM.

LadyLeota Guest
    LOVE this show, but i think betty is a horrible mother

Mrs. Watson Guest
    She makes Joan Crawford look like Mother Freaking Goose.