Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas prices where you live

Guest Guest
    $3.15 around here....

My Grand Cherokee is gonna be the death of me & my savings!!!

Sidney,Oh 3.19 just went down from 3.25

Alexandra Guest
    Too high.

My part of Ohio, about $3.35, some are down to $3.27 now.

ohiogasprices.com

I have a '97 Grand Caravan that doesn't do too badly on gas...good thing I got it tuned up and got the fuel filter replaced!

Alexandra Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tat2edskin View Post
    $3.15 around here....

My Grand Cherokee is gonna be the death of me & my savings!!!
    If it's paid for, keep it. Better to pay for gas than have a car payment AND buy gas on top of that.

NOVSTORM Guest
    I just paid 3.68 and it is called "prison sex with your wallet' when you go to the pumps. I give my heartfelt thanks to George Bush, soon to be out of the White house ,because the lights are on and no one is home there.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    If it's paid for, keep it. Better to pay for gas than have a car payment AND buy gas on top of that.
    Yep, it's all mine!!

I sure as hell couldn't do a car payment....

I may buy a motorcycle........

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    I just paid 3.68 and it is called "prison sex with your wallet' when you go to the pumps. I give my heartfelt thanks to George Bush, soon to be out of the White house ,because the lights are on and no one is home there.
    Amen.

endsleigh03 Guest
    $3.35 here for reg unleaded.

When we go up to Oregon and it's $3.19 a gallon, it feels like stealing...almost.

kelbons Guest
    I paid $3.43 today. Cripe!!

Alexandra Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tat2edskin View Post
    Yep, it's all mine!!

I sure as hell couldn't do a car payment....

I may buy a motorcycle........
    If you know how to ride one, go for it. Of course it'd really be fun in the winter time, don't know where you are though.

(Posting from a place that had a foot and a half of snow dumped on it last weekend.)

Dying Breath Guest
    $2.97 still.. but they are talking $4 by Memorial Day.... they have called up the heads of 4 major oil companies to come to Capital Hill next week to explain record profits.

Anywhere from $3.59 to $3.65 in Sacramento.

Forever-27 Guest

And You think Gas is expensive in your City ....

Tho these prices refect San Francisco, a stones throw across the bay from me, check out what we pay here in California for gas. Sometime within the next 3-5 days it will cross the $4 a gallon mark across the Bay Area

http://www.sanfrangasprices.com/index.aspx?fuel=A

Pryncis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Tho these prices refect San Francisco, a stones throw across the bay from me, check out what we pay here in California for gas. Sometime within the next 3-5 days it will cross the $4 a gallon mark across the Bay Area

http://www.sanfrangasprices.com/index.aspx?fuel=A

From the chart I see a ballpark price is at USD $3.75 a gallon (cheapest).
    We pay $2.00 Singapore a litre.
    Gallon = 3.705 Litres.
    3.705 x 2 = $7.40 a Gallon in Singapore.
    After conversion we pay USD $5.47 a gallon for fuel.

Gee you guys have it lucky.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

The lowest in my area is 3.49, highest is 3.64.

"Death doesn't really worry me that much, I'm not frightened about it... I just don't want to be there when it happens."

Tugboat25 Guest
    Consider this...The Federal tax on gas is 18 cents a gallon.
    I live in New York so the state tax is 45 cents.
    Local county tax is roughly 5 cents.
    Add it up and about 68-70 cents is tax on the gallon.
    That Is Too Much.

Did you know that the people who make the most money off your gas fill up is the Federal Government? That's right, roughly 65% of the cost from sale, refining and production goes to Uncle Sam.(it's worse in Canada where our Canadian friends hand over 85% of the price to their gov't and even worse in Europe where it's as high as 95%)

So before you get mad at the oil companies you should take your anger out on the US government.

The increase in price of a barrel of oil is a bit different. That is caused by speculators. They speculate on the future of oil production and availability. They use world strife, uncertainty, and future needs in their equation to raise or lower the cost of a barrel of sweet crude. Obviously, the world producers of oil get their price in there as well but the over all reason for the rise in gas prices is through speculators.

The government gets the lion's share in profits and the oil companies get the bad name. No one says boo about the obscene actions of the government. They don't spend one red cent in oil production or refining or transportation yet they get billions for doing Nothing.
    We are the ones left holding the bag.
    Last edited by Tugboat25; 04-22-2008 at 08:46 AM.

Steve Guest
    In central Ontario, Canada, we're paying $4.52 US per US gallon. It's probably a little cheaper, the closer you get to Toronto.

Edited to add: $1.15/gallon of what we pay in Ontario is tax.
    Last edited by Steve; 04-22-2008 at 09:00 AM.

seanikhy Guest
    you guys want to try the uk.... $11 a gallon

Chevyheaven Guest
    Here in the ATL we are paying about on average 3.60 a gallon
    I would ride a bike before paying no 11 dollars for fuel. highway robbery!!
    People are gonna start getting desperate as it is can you imagine what it would be like if it ever reached 11 dollars? Nuts Absolutley nuts!

djdeath-hag Guest
    $3.40/gallon is what I paid on Saturday here....the cheaper stations are too far away to make it cost-effective. I use the tampagasprices.com site to check for "sales" before I fill up. I've little doubt that we will see record high prices here by summer's end. Ron & I share a vehicle and combine as many trips as we can to economize. I do realize that we have it "good" here in the U.S. compared to many other countries but we also tend to be a wasteful society.

Tugboat25 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    Here in the ATL we are paying about on average 3.60 a gallon
    I would ride a bike before paying no 11 dollars for fuel. highway robbery!!
    People are gonna start getting desperate as it is can you imagine what it would be like if it ever reached 11 dollars? Nuts Absolutley nuts!

The consensus is that in just a few years the average price for a gallon of gasoline in the United States will be $10-$12.
    That my friends is unacceptable.

Im paying 3.75 a gallon right now but I don't bitch because I know the U.S has it easy compared with the rest of the world. We just need to conserve and stop being gluttons with the worlds resources.

Tugboat25 Guest
    The rest of the world didn't negotiate as good an oil deal with some of the OPEC nations as what the U.S. did. That's a large reason why The U.S. tends to be on the underside of the huge prices (even though lower in this case is still very high).
    The tax rates of the other countries allow for their exorbitant prices that seem to dwarf the U.S. cost.
    The tempest in the tea pot is very much in oil refining. There has not been a new refinery built in the U.S. in decades (not because oil companies do not want to build them but rather various interest groups always supply road block after road block). Ergo, less refining means more cost.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    My in-laws gave us my MIL's no frills Ford Focus when she stopped driving and it's basically an appliance, but it does sip gas.

Because I live downtown right now, I often will walk to the store if I don't have to get a lot. Or ride my bike, if it's nice out.

Well you all will be glad to know that the world will never run out of oil. The reality is that it will be so expensive to get out of the ground and refine that it will not be a financial viable to drill for it. Got that from a senior executive at Exxon on the BBC a few months back.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Reecy Guest
    I paid $3.50 today.

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Reecy View Post
    I paid $3.50 today.
    I paid $3.75 per gallon- 50 bucks in the car didn't even fill it up!
    I can't even imagine $11.00 per f*****g gallon!!!

(Love your new Avi by the way! )

ozzysmom Guest
    I think the last time I got gasoline it was about 3.44 a gallon. F*cking rediculous!!!!! And there is no reason for it. Except maybe to make certain people richer. Anybody see what the first quarter profits were for the oil companies? DAMN!!!!!! Someone needs to do something. It's getting bad. And the closer summer gets, the higher it will get. The price always goes up right before summer. The oil companies are counting on people going on vacations to boost their profits!!!!! Bullshit if you ask me!

jcheeka Guest
    Are you guys being charged more to use a credit card at the pump. In my area of michigan you pay at least 5 or 6 cents more to pay at the pump.

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    $3.40/gallon is what I paid on Saturday here....the cheaper stations are too far away to make it cost-effective. I use the tampagasprices.com site to check for "sales" before I fill up. I've little doubt that we will see record high prices here by summer's end. Ron & I share a vehicle and combine as many trips as we can to economize. I do realize that we have it "good" here in the U.S. compared to many other countries but we also tend to be a wasteful society.
    thanks for the tip on the website, I live in Dunedin. I hope they have gas prices for the surrounding area.

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jcheeka View Post
    Are you guys being charged more to use a credit card at the pump. In my area of michigan you pay at least 5 or 6 cents more to pay at the pump.
    WTF? I know some stations don't take credit cards and the savings is reflected in the pricing, but I haven't heard about charging more if paying at the pump vs. paying in the facility. That's f***ed up. I know cc companies may charge fees back to the business that accepts the card, but what about debit cards?

marimbagirl Guest
    I spend $200 a month just to get to work. When I move into my new house, that bill will drop to $50 a month.

It's been $3.36 for the past two weeks here.

Jazbabee Guest
    I posted these somewhere around here before, but they are worth reposting.......

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    I posted these somewhere around here before, but they are worth reposting.......
    HAHAHAH!!!

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post

THAT IS sooo funny......

kelbons Guest
    Most places around here are $3.79 this week.....

I heard of a proposal to suspend New York state gas tax from Memorial Day through Labor Day. That would be awesome... until the day after Labor Day, that is!

tngirl1967 Guest
    Hey, what's the latest everywhere else this week? Where I am midway between Memphis and Nashville in West TN we are hovering at $3.699 per gallon. We have been having at least one increase every week.

D.HagsHusband Guest
    I paid 3.89 9/10 yesterday... depressed now... whats with the 9/10 anyway...

WendyK Guest
    $3.98 for the cheap stuff here.

$3.53 or so for 87, and no vaseline.
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Im paying 3.75 a gallon right now but I don't bitch because I know the U.S has it easy compared with the rest of the world. We just need to conserve and stop being gluttons with the worlds resources.
    Ain't that the truth? I've actually got my husband conserving so much that a tank of gas now lasts us two weeks at a pop. Ofcourse I work from home and most people don't have that luxury but for my former speed demon husband, two weeks on one tank is a big deal, lol.

Our last fill-up was at 3.89 a gallon two weeks ago. We'll fill up again Thursday or Friday at the station that always has the lowest prices near us. It shares the same parking lot with the Walgreens where we always get bombarded with requests for handouts in the parking lot.

Waltham Abbey in Essex & Filey In Yorkshire UK
    I filled my Nissan up with Diesel yesterday £1.25 per litre ($2.44) which works out at around £5 per gallon ($9.77)
    It cost me £65.00 to fill it up ($127)

We have much info on our news here about Hydrogen Cells and Rape Seed Oil being the savoir of the planet, but our government seem just to pay lip service to making these energy sources a reality and it all comes down to the mighty ££££POUND££££

I thought about buying a new Hybrid car to try and reduce my carbon footprint but they are so expensive. About £25,000 ($48,800) for a basic Toyota Prius.

It seems to me, that here in UK our ??dear? Gordon Brown (Spit!) and his henchmen are using the British Motorist as a Cash Cow and wagging the proverbial finger at us when in reality we are so small that, whilst important, our impact is tiny and will only be of any use when the Huge Countries (Particularly China ?? I know, I know they have their own problems right now!!) try to make a change.

I just have visions of the world being like a MAD MAX film in the not too distant future

deathybrad Guest
    Only in the UK would you hear, "I filled my Nissan up with diesel."

$3.53 for 87 is cheap, I just saw it's $3.84 across the street. I only use 87, 89 here is an ethanol blend and it isn't worth losing 15% to 20% mileage when 87 is only 3% more. My Tahoe gets 16 mpg average on 87, that's pretty good for her.

Between $3.67-$3.72 out here in the Austin area of Texas.

endsleigh03 Guest
    3.80 here, but that was 2 days ago..........

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by D.HagsHusband View Post
    I paid 3.89 9/10 yesterday... depressed now... whats with the 9/10 anyway...
    9/10 of a cent was the original gas tax I believe, it just stuck even though we pay closer to 900/10 of a cent in tax now.

Waltham Abbey in Essex & Filey In Yorkshire UK
    [quote=deathybrad;258870]Only in the UK would you hear, "I filled my Nissan up with diesel."

Actually only in this bit of London do we use this very individual turn of phrase.

How ever I say it
    Diesel & Petrol (GAS) is frightfully dear don't you agree Deathy?

Regular $3.74 per gallon. The othe two are a dollar + more each.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD