Thread: Babara Eiler Sperzel

radiojane Guest

Babara Eiler Sperzel

Okay, I'm hoping one of you super duper knowledgeable hags can help me here!!! Barbara Eiler has caught my fascination. I've been listening to her as Babs Riley on the William Bendix sitcom. There is NOTHING about this woman on the web, save for some obits and the fact that her daughter is the President of Universal Music.

She's not in any of my books. Here's the obit I have... Vlad? Shockdoc? anyone smarter than me (so, most of you)???

Barbara Eiler Sperzel, a former actress who was mother of Universal Music prexy Kathy Nelson, died July 16 in Sherman Oaks of complications following hip surgery. She was 79. As Barbara Eiler, she began her career as a teenager in radio, starring in "The Life of Riley" and "The Dennis Day Show." She went on to appear in TV series including "Wagon Train," "The Swamp Fox," "The Wonderful World of Disney" and "The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet." She also appeared on "The Loretta Young Show," "The Dick Van Dyke Show," "The Rifleman" and "Dragnet." In feature films, she appeared in "The Deep Six" and "The Bubble."
    She is survived by her husband of 45 years, Martin Sperzel, and two daughters.

Northern Lights Guest
    She has a long filmography, so it is very strange that there's nothing about her...
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0251739/

I found a picture.. but that´s about it... strange
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Love is the answer - and you know that for sure.

Guest Guest
    Lol, you stumped me on this one RadioJane.