Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Holocaust

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Holocaust denial disgusts me, I don't care who the hell is doing it or what their religion is--that totally misses the point. It's stupid, it's hateful, and it's wrong. So if Eisenhower commissioned those photos, good for him--because, obviously, he was right about what might happen in the future.

'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses - because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

Very prescient words there.

eta: My father-in-law was one of those who helped liberate some of those death camps. Put him in a room with a holocaust denier--there would be blood, and lots of it.
    Last edited by Jack-O-Lantern; 04-17-2010 at 02:26 PM.

I have mentioned this story before but we have a Friend who's Parents were Holocaust Survivors. She has no Aunts, Uncles, Cousins or Grandparents. All she has now is sister.
    Last edited by cleanskull; 04-17-2010 at 04:03 PM.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

opheliahardin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Always be suspicious of what you get in emails. Usually some asshole in these things is pushing an agenda.
    Oh come now, that's not necessarily true.

Why just this morning I got an email from a gentleman in Nigeria who wants to give me 23.7 million dollars. If he had an agenda, wouldn't he want to just keep it himself?

Sam Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    Holocaust denial disgusts me, I don't care who the hell is doing it or what their religion is--that totally misses the point. It's stupid, it's hateful, and it's wrong. So if Eisenhower commissioned those photos, good for him--because, obviously, he was right about what might happen in the future.

'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses - because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

Very prescient words there.

eta: My father-in-law was one of those who helped liberate some of those death camps. Put him in a room with a holocaust denier--there would be blood, and lots of it.
    My grandfather Sam Fowler, helped liberate a concentration camp in Austria in 1944. He spent most of his time burying bodies. His comrades could only last a few days, but he spent weeks burying those poor souls. I think it had to do with the fact that his mother who died when he was 2 years old was buried in an unmarked paupers grave. He searched for her final resting place all his adult life and finally had it narrowed down to 2 plots, but he never bought her the marker he wanted to. We made sure my grandmother and he had a very nice marker on their graves.
    Here is the book we found that was sent to him by his commanding officer.
    There is a text only version which lists all the text without the photos. Complete Pamphlet - Graphic Version
    (requires frame-supported browser)
    Text Only
    Images Only - Thumbnail Index
    Note that I tried to keep the images down to between 16-35k each, but with a few dozen photos in total, some of the frame sections could be slow loading.

(FUCK the people who don't believe it happened!)

I gave my grandfather's copy to a man in Midland,TX who I thought was a Rabbi, and who promised it would go to a Holocaust museum in Israel. Turns out he was only a "Cantor" and no telling where the book is now?
    Last edited by Sam; 04-17-2010 at 07:55 PM.

GrinReaper Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by opheliahardin View Post
    Oh come now, that's not necessarily true.

Why just this morning I got an email from a gentleman in Nigeria who wants to give me 23.7 million dollars. If he had an agenda, wouldn't he want to just keep it himself?
    LOL that's funny.

Heavenly Tiger Guest

Didn't know much him but I certainly like him now. Personally, I don't give a damn what the people think that beheaded Nick Berg and Daniel Pearl for no reason.

GrinReaper Guest
    What a coincidence.
    I just watched this film earlier tonight.
    I recommend it. It's a good one.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Counterfeiters_(film)

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    My maternal grandmother was a Russian Jew, she grew up on the border of Poland and Russia in a Jewish farming village I can't spell lol...Her father had been beaten during the Russian pogroms and took himself, his wife, two children (my grandmother and her brother) to the US after Hitler took power in Germany; he was lucky because the window for immigration closed as tensions in Europe grew and many people were trapped there. He was afraid there would be another wave of pogroms in Europe...he of course, had no clue how bad it would actually get. The only other family that made it out was one of my grandmother's uncles who later went to Canada and one of her grandmothers. We don't know what happened to the rest of her family. After the war, her best friend she had grown up with moved ot the US, she was ausrvivor of Sobibor death camp. Her name was Marilyn...Her whole family, parents and two sisters were gassed at Sobibor. She was convinced into her old age that they would come back for her. Poor woman, her and her sister's had been routinely raped and beaten by guards, despite the Germans strict rules against any sexual contact with Jews...whatever...She told my grandmother that only 5 people from my grandmother's entire village survived, her being one of them. She said the young men and boys were taken to the forest and shot into mass graves and the old men, women and children were sent to sobibor and gassed. She only survived because she was transferred to another camp as a worker. She used to babysit me as a kid...I was always freaked out by what she went through...

I wasn't really raised around Jewish people, my father's family is Italian Catholic...And my mother's biological father became Jewish but was Brazilian Catholic by birth, but I was engaged to an Israeli guy up until last year when I called off the relationship...He was a horrible person, but I did live with him for two years in Israel and see Holocaust plays and Holocaust Memorial Day where they have sirens going off around the whole country, I also went to Yad Vashem, the holocaust memorial museum in Jerusalem, it's quite moving...Despite the fact I am not really politically alined with Israeli policy, there is a deep mourning that goes on there, many of those people lost family either in WWII or in the current war in Israel...It's a wound to the soul of a people, much like slavery is to African Americans...it affects generations, when you are treated as subhuman just for being born who you are.
    Last edited by GuiltyLittleDeathHag; 04-25-2010 at 09:45 PM. Reason: mistakes...time for bed

Ted Challinor Guest
    Try to see "I met Adolph Eichmann", a BBC produced documentary from 2002 on the infamous nazi clerk to the Holocaust. It takes a unique look at the man from the various people who encountered him, from a child playing in a garden in the 1930s, to secretaries of his, etc, right up to his executioner in Israel in 1960.... and of course, holocaust survivors who saw him in his pomp, as a true monster.
    Towards the end of the film there is an a memory from some old nazi who met Eichmann who complained to him about the logic that children were being sent to the slaughter. Terrifyingly Eichmann replied that it was they who were the most important to kill as they were the future. This statement is followed by silent shots of the survivors who testified about him in the film, now very elderly, the very children that he meant and that had survived. Ha!
    Rarely is there a moment in a holocaust story so uplifting.
    Staggeringly brilliant history doc-making.

Nazi surgeon's death tools discovered

Some these tools are downright nasty looking, and they went into the vajaja? Jebus.

http://www.news.com.au/world/nazi-su...-1225910704550
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Metal stamps used to tattoo Auschwitz prisoners found.

Warsaw: Metal stamps with embedded needles that the SS used to tattoo the prisoners of Auschwitz have been found in Poland.

The discovery has been hailed by the museum that now stands on the site of the camp as one "of the most significant in years". It was thought no original tattooing equipment survived the war.

SS soldiers used the small stamps, consisting of a two, two threes and a six or a nine, to tattoo inmates as they were processed on their arrival at the camp in German-occupied Poland.

I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest
    The holocaust deniers will keep denying, but I already did enough racism and prejudice talking on the Trayvon Martin thread and I'm quite sure some are sick of hearing it from me, so I will just say, good find Neilmpenny

Wendy A. Guest
    Really good find! Such a sad time in history, let it serve as a reminder for mankind.

Yeah anyone who says this was a hoax, needs to be bitch slapped into next year.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Yeah anyone who says this was a hoax, needs to be bitch slapped into next year.
    Agreed. Are the naysayers saying that every survivor with numbers tattooed to their arms are liars? All of them? It happened.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Eichmann had the nerve to beg for mercy

http://nypost.com/2016/01/27/eichman...ore-execution/

He didn't deserve mercy. He deserved to be gassed like the Jews. Although some of them WERE hanged...still. he deserved to be treated the way he treated the Jews. All of these fuckers did.

"I just go here!"

the last Treblinka survivor dies at age 93

http://news.yahoo.com/israel-buries-...190116931.html

The comments from the naysayers were pissing me off. So, photos aren't enough evidence? First hand stories, tattooed numbers on forearms, survivors' PTSD, these aren't enough? All of the survivors are lying????

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    He didn't deserve mercy. He deserved to be gassed like the Jews. Although some of them WERE hanged...still. he deserved to be treated the way he treated the Jews. All of these fuckers did.
    Israel is not Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxster View Post
    Israel is not Iran.
    Civility and humanity always came back to bite you in the butt it seems.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

the world's oldest man at 112 is a Holocaust survivor - well done

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/20...he-secret.html

Bless his heart.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

After the Concentration camps were liberated they used them to house the Germans. One ex POW wanted to poison the water supply but couldn't get enough poison. They fed the Germans everyday with non death ration food they had bakery fresh bread everyday. This ex POW found out which bakery was supplying the bread for one of the camps (the one he was in?) Stalog 13 (no Hogans heros pun meant) he snuck into the bakery and coated the poison over the loaves. Nobody died but they all got sick. What really bothered me is that the Japanese were kept in internment camps here on US soil after Pearl Harbor they weren't treated too well. The Germans were also kept in camps on US soil but they had entertainment they were allowed to wear their uniforms they were given military funerals. Why the big difference?
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    After the Concentration camps were liberated they used them to house the Germans. One ex POW wanted to poison the water supply but couldn't get enough poison. They fed the Germans everyday with non death ration food they had bakery fresh bread everyday. This ex POW found out which bakery was supplying the bread for one of the camps (the one he was in?) Stalog 13 (no Hogans heros pun meant) he snuck into the bakery and coated the poison over the loaves. Nobody died but they all got sick. What really bothered me is that the Japanese were kept in internment camps here on US soil after Pearl Harbor they weren't treated too well. The Germans were also kept in camps on US soil but they had entertainment they were allowed to wear their uniforms they were given military funerals. Why the big difference?
    Perhaps because the Japanese attacked US soil and the Germans did not.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Perhaps because the Japanese attacked US soil and the Germans did not.
    Cindy I feel so stupid because that didn't even occur to me. Either way both ways were horrible. Imprisoning an entire people due to race or religion is sickening.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Cindy I feel so stupid because that didn't even occur to me. Either way both ways were horrible. Imprisoning an entire people due to race or religion is sickening.
    ITA.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

The Germans were also kept in camps on US soil but they had entertainment they were allowed to wear their uniforms they were given military funerals. Why the big difference?
    A lot of German POW's were imprisoned at a base (Camp Shelby) right outside of my hometown. It's still an active base that hosts Guard training every summer and has an active artillery firing range. Sometimes you can hear the guns off in the distance; sounds like thunder rumbling. It's also a public park now with camping spots and a huge lake. Years ago I found an old local newspaper clipping from the 40's that showed the POW's digging the lake with shovels. Story is that several POW's escaped once and found there way to a nearby home. The couple there supposedly fed them dinner and then drove them back to the base; said that they were very polite young men. Apparently, they weren't trying too hard to make their way back to Germany.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Absolutely amazing! I grew up in Cotulla, Tx in the 70's which isn't far from Crystal City, and yet this is the first time I ever heard of this camp. Thanks Ichabodius!
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

the last Nazi trial results in a guilty verdict

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/ex-auschwi...121738359.html

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    the last Nazi trial results in a guilty verdict

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/ex-auschwi...121738359.html
    He probably won't see out his "punishment" in this life- But I am a believer in Karma and reincarnation-
    I hope this old creepster will have to pay his karmic debt on into his next life, where ever that may be.

Poland posts info on Auschwitz guards online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ws-online.html

Wow, that's very interesting. Can you imagine reading up on that and finding a photo of your grandfather or great grandfather and not knowing they were guards? My mom told me that when she was around 4 she remembers her great grandparents coming to the U.S to get away from Nazi Germany. She said they couldn't speak any English and she could understand some German. She said they weren't Jewish but I did do a family tree way back in college when I took a Family Systems class. I traced my relatives all the way back to the 1700s Germany. I wish I still had all that info. I really do wonder if any of my relatives were Jewish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fascinating!
    Thats what I thought Domino! Can you imagine?!

Fascinating!

Thanks for sharing.

A few months ago a guy I work with brought in some photos that they collected when they were cleaning stuff out of their Grandparent's house. Among them were some taken when his Grandfather participated in liberating one of the camps.

I suggested that he might want to donate them (or some copies) to the Holocaust Museum.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

the world's oldest man at 112 is a Holocaust survivor - well done

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/20...he-secret.html
    he has died at age 113 - God Bless

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ivor-dies-113/

Thank you for the information cash. 113 years old and a survivor. Wow. Yes. God Bless.

An amazing gentleman, God Bless you Sir. Shalom aleichem.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

bookkeeper of Auschwitz dead at 96

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43376105