Page 4 of 105 FirstFirst ... 234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: People online tonight unite!

JeffD Guest
    Today:

It rained. That Hillary terroist hogged the TV all afternoon : (

Xtine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtine View Post
    Woke up at 10:30, stayed in bed until 11:21, jumped on FAD chat. Plan on running errands, and doing some laundry. (don't know if either of those will happen today). Well probably the errands because I am craving some Chinese food. Keep you updated....
    Incase anyone cares here is my update....
    I did go run my errands, mostly because of that darn craving for chinese food. Came home, ate said chinese food and watched ghosthunters on dvd. wrapped some gifts, went to visit my parents and cleaned about around the house. just getting to the laundry now....

HelenaHandbasket Guest
    I have a few updates too. My friend gave birth to a healthy baby girl this afternoon. She's adorable, but dad could use some work on his camera skills.

The car was inspected. I have the feeling my mechanic is trying to make me assume the position. I need a new tie rod somethingorother that'll run me about $60.00. He tried to sell me wiper blades for $25.00. Wal-Mart, bitch, they're $10.00. The car goes back in on Monday for the Tie-rod somethingorother. The blades, I put on myself.

When did my life get to the point where scheduling sex became a requirement? Don't answer that. I did manage to schedule it though. After Avatar is over. Good lord.

hoxharding Guest

today

I woke up and I am still sick:P
    Made myself go for a walk,bought a pack of gum.
    Went home watched tv until my father brought some lunch to me.
    Got the film 'Deathdream' in the mail.
    In the evening,ordered pizza and walked to a video store and rented 'I Know Who Killed Me'
    Just finished watching 'Death Dream'

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Today (Nov. 30) is my 34th birthday. Just got back from a business trip- to Dallas, oddly enough. Was there last night but couldn't watch the game since the hotel I was staying in not only didn't have the NFL Network, but didn't have the local station that was carrying the game (??) No matter, since I came out of the womb hating the Cowboys. I did have a dessert with a candle in it at lunch, though.
    Last edited by hollywoodsaint; 12-01-2007 at 08:25 PM.

6. 11-30-2007, 09:56 PM

I went to bed at 3:30 am and got up whenever the hell I felt like it (because I work 24 hours a day practically from home-Hello Husband!). Then I woke up, drank two monstrous cappuccino's and commenced working. I'm still working (running shit in the background while I have some fun here) because I'm a crazy person. I'll probably go to bed again around 4:00 am.

Let's see what else has been going on today here while I wait for my VNC to sync with a server so I can work on a client's computer...

I'm about ready for bed, fancy that. 'Nite folks!

Katie Guest

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Good morning my friends. It's a yuky day here in Texas. The rains have come, and the wind is blowing, but at least we don't have the cold that many of you woke up to.

Today, I am going to finish the rest of my Christmas shopping, and then start wrapping them.

I hope all of you are safe and warm.

Katie

P.S. Remember once the day is over, don't add to the daily thread. Start the new day's one.

hoxharding Guest
    Happy Be-lated Birthday Hollywoodsaint!

Bigfoot Guest
    I thught this tread was never coming...

Anyways, Woke up around 9am, showered for a looooong time, clothed, went out, stoped at McD for breakfast, and at work since 10:15am. After I get out of here, I will fight with Sprint and then clean my house.

Katie Guest
    Bigfoot, Don't wait for me. If you don't see the morning thread, you start it. Be sure to put the date on it, so that others will know it's a new one.

Snoopy Guest
    Woke up around 8:30 had breakfast with the family..showered and am now giving myself a pep talk to start decorating the house for Christmas!

Bigfoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Bigfoot, Don't wait for me. If you don't see the morning thread, you start it. Be sure to put the date on it, so that others will know it's a new one.
    Thanks for the heads up, Hun. But you are the originator of this nice threads, and it's only fair for you to keep doing it. We should call you "Katie, The Official 'What the Heck You Did Today' Thread Poster"

MorbidMolly Guest
    Going to a birthday party for my Nephew....he`ll be 1 today....a beautiful 80 degrees here so we`re having it in the park....

smellslikealmonds Guest
    got up at 9
    fed the kids
    fed my face
    got on the computer
    here i am still

Kathyf Guest
    I was up all night again still up. Took a shower then went to Hallmark for cards. I bought some fries at the mall I was starving. I am now going to watch Harold and Maude until I fall asleep , which will be shortly I hope. We are awaiting a snow and Ice storm we will see.

Woke up around 11:00 (hubby works nights, we're night owls) called my son to see how things were going with him. Decided to barbeque tonight. Trying to get hubby out of bed so we can go to breakfast (Denny's..mmm) and grocery store to get supplies for barbeque. Got an email from my boss from last tax season inviting me to work again this season. My grand daughter is supposed to be spending the night tonight. Well, off to try and rouse hubby out of bed.....again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~smoochies~

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbilina View Post
    Woke up around 11:00 (hubby works nights, we're night owls) called my son to see how things were going with him. Decided to barbeque tonight. Trying to get hubby out of bed so we can go to breakfast (Denny's..mmm) and grocery store to get supplies for barbeque. Got an email from my boss from last tax season inviting me to work again this season. My grand daughter is supposed to be spending the night tonight. Well, off to try and rouse hubby out of bed.....again.
    Love Denny's haven't been in a while.

Kathyf Guest
    Happy belated Birthday!

Woke up at at 8 something (that's sleeping in for me)

Wrote out checks for me and my brother..(he's lazy)

Fed the dog

Fed myself

Gonna go to the bank

Then to Target to pick up more red ornaments for the tree

the Chill

I gotta go to work tomorrow, I need to decorate my place

hoxharding Guest

argh

I just realized I rented a 3 hour movie. Inland Empire by David Lynch.
    Also rented :
    'The Other Side' and 'We are the Strange People'

Death Hag Chris Guest
    woke up at 8:15, and kicked the wife out of bed so she could go to work.

fed the kids

took a nap

ate an english muffin

here I am......

djdeath-hag Guest
    "Happy" World AIDS Day....I take a moment to remember my friends who've succumbed to HIV/AIDS & to reflect on those who are still among us & fighting for their lives.

Took my "Little Brother" (I'm a volunteer "Big") out for lunch & a movie. I let him pick the flick...."Hitman"....lots of bloody death. Too much gun violence for my own twisted taste....but he enjoyed it.

This evening we're headed up the street for a Christmas Party....as IF I need a special occasion to dip into the "spirits".

hoxharding Guest
    update:
    I didn't finish Inland Empire and also my cat hasdecided he wants to sleep on my Winter coat.
    I am not one to deny Frankie, so I am going outside wearing a lighter coat!

I went to bed around 5:00 am and woke up around 11:00 with one of my hideous migraines. Had some coffee and something to eat then popped an Imitrex. Genetic auto-immune disorder derived knife in my skull has gone bye bye. How I love Imitrex!

Got the patio all cleaned up and am waiting for it to dry so I can put up Christmas lights and decorations. Being a halfway decent person, I hosed down our next door neighbor's patio too so the spiders wouldn't all run to his place. He's a doctor at Stanford who never has time to do stuff like that so we do it for him once in awhile.

I've also been popping in and out of here today to get caught up on what I missed. Speaking of which, here's an I think timely, oldie but goodie I'd like to post:

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

Have fun!

I guess I should wash my crazy hair and change into something that's not covered with paint before I start with the decorating. Tech support will just have to wait!

smellslikealmonds Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    got up at 9
    fed the kids
    fed my face
    got on the computer
    here i am still
    i got up off my ass long enough to get dressed
    i went for a drive to get away from the kids for a while
    i came back home to the chaos i tried to escape from before
    i think i'll go cook supper now

Cataroo Guest
    Got a phone call from my boss today ... "taking company in a different direction" ... my services are no longer needed and won't need to come in on Monday.

MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS!!!

JeffD Guest
    OMG, that sucking fastard! I am sorry to hear this Cat.

I sent out my invites for my Mayweather v Hatton party next Saturday. I hope Hatton takes his head off, but I doubt he will.

My sis is finalizing plans for the family xmas party. Nothing much else going on.

Oh my...I am so sorry Cat.

Lisamarie Guest
    Im so sorry ! That sucks . When I was 13 that happened to my dad. He is a discjocky so it happens all the time . I woke up late and went to the libray checked out some books, walked my dog , made muffins and now Im gonna relax with my boyfriend watch the LSU game . He got some crawfish to eat tonight ...very rare this time of year and they are some good eatin! Other than that nothing much. I have my tree up and my cats keep fighting over who sleeps under it.

Bigfoot Guest
    Sorry about that Cataroo! Your boss stinks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamarie View Post
    Im so sorry ! That sucks . When I was 13 that happened to my dad. He is a discjocky so it happens all the time . I woke up late and went to the libray checked out some books, walked my dog , made muffins and now Im gonna relax with my boyfriend watch the LSU game . He got some crawfish to eat tonight ...very rare this time of year and they are some good eatin! Other than that nothing much. I have my tree up and my cats keep fighting over who sleeps under it.
    I remember when I lived in the Quarter about 10 years ago that they used to have those one pound bags of crawfish tails at the A & P. They were about two bucks a bag back then. Not as good as fresh ofcourse but when you're jonesin' they can work in a pinch. Do they still have those? I saw a bag of 'em at the Safeway here in Mountain View the other day. They were going for about eight bucks a bag.

Ok, time for more lights...

Kathyf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataroo View Post
    Got a phone call from my boss today ... "taking company in a different direction" ... my services are no longer needed and won't need to come in on Monday.

Thats terrible. I hope everything works out.

PvN73 Guest
    Got up, was a bit sore cause of the alley sex last night (refer to previous post from yesterday).
    went for a walk then had a shower,reliving the last nights actions.
    WEnt to work at the info booth - laughed and insulted as many tourists as I could. some people are so dumb, some are just lasy arses who couldnt walk the block and asked for a tram instead. that makes me angry.

Went home, had internet sex with Milte.

Slept. Now it is sunday and freaking hot.

mgpm Guest
    Sorry Cat. Hope something better comes up!

Got up, took my middle daughter to the mall. Then my hubby, little ones and myself went to a huge craft fair. That was fun. We bought some homemade candy canes, beautiful, colorful, large ones. After that, we had lunch at Cheeseburger in Paradise.
    Came home, read while the kids played Wii. Made dinner and then made chocolate chip cookies with the kids. Watched "A Christmas Carol" with them. Now hubby's watching Bear Grylls eat lizards.

MbalmR Guest
    I got canned on December 14th a couple of years ago, so I empathize, Cataroo. Hugs to you and best wishes for sticking it to the boss by finding something better and more lucrative.

Anyway, I got up today, let the dog out for his morning piddle routine. After that, it's the 3 B's for him: breakfast, binkie (a raw hide) and a bowel movement. For the dog, in case it isn't clear.

I made a scrumptious dish of home made corned beef hash today, and served it later for dinner with poached eggs and toast.

We're having some kind of blizzard here, so I went to the convenience store for my necessities, such as beer and smokes, just in case the roads are impassable later tonight. My husband had just left to go to church, and called me from his cell phone to tell me not to go out because the roads were bad. "The hell with you, buddy," I said! "You're going out in this crap to pray! You can pray at home too, you imbecile." (I love him more than my own life; we always exchange these barbs with each other. The day it stops I know it's over.)

I did laundry. I took a nap.

Now he and the dog are snoring on the couch, the wind is howling, and the snow has turned to sleet. It's been a remarkable day, really. I am very happy.

It all sounds so...........pedestrian, but I enjoy my life, or at least I'm learning to.

Got up at 6am
    Checked my emails and auctions, and FAD
    Took the dog out for his morning thing then fed him
    Headed out to do my Saturday Garage sales -went to about 9 of them and found a few things to sell.
    Went to 2 thrift shops - found more stuff.
    Went to the Post Office and mailed off some packages (eBay stuff)
    Went to Subway for a foot-long roast beef sandwich (breakfast & lunch!)
    Came home, ate, went thru my 5 bags of stuff I picked up.
    Watched a movie - Rescue Dawn (eh, it was "okay" - seen better POW movies)
    Spent a couple of hours listing stuff.
    Had dinner - porks ribs, peas and rice.
    Watched another movie - "Partners" (w/Ryan O'Neal and John Hurt as cops playing an undercover Gay couple to break a murder case - very homophobic and stereotypical of early 80's Gay guys!)

Now here again on FAD - about time for bed. Usually asleep by 11-12 on Saturday night!

hollywoodsaint Guest
    Thanks KathyF and Hoxharding.

Curtis Radiohead Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataroo View Post

What a nice X-mas present! Employers can suck ass sometimes!!! Good luck and I am sure you will land on your feet!

Morbid1 Guest
    Almost midnight here lol..so I should get this in.

Got up this morning around 8:30AM walked around
    in a fog for awhile,took a shower,put on some coffee
    (I really needed it lol) and started to clean up the
    house some,my girlfriend has been gone visiting her
    family in Los Angeles,so she is coming home today.

I wanted to have the place clean for her,not that its
    a mess,just my newspapers and classic car mags on
    on the tables,and some clothes I left in the machine.
    Finished that,got in the bel air and drove to pick her
    up and her girlfriends house.Glad to see her,and we
    came back,had a nice dinner,talked about her folks.

And watched a couple of movies,"live free or die hard"
    (pretty good) and Breach,another decent flick to see.
    She was pretty tired so she went to bed early,and Iam
    doing my nighttime thing,big time insomniac here,checking
    emails,looking at FAD and drinking some more coffee.

Also looking for some parts to buy on eBay..not much new.

-Morbid1

Katie Guest

Sunday December 2, 2007

Good morning from Texas where it is still raining, and warm.

Today is football day in our house. I love watching as much as hubby does.

So not much planned except the games.

It sure is good to have hubby home. I was so tired of going to sleep without him, and waking up with the dog instead of my love.

I hope all of you are safe today, and don't forget to count your blessings.

Katie

MbalmR Guest
    Football! I'm still trying to cope with the humiliation of the trouncing Dallas gave Green Bay last Thursday! Some bad calls for sure, but we still should have wiped the field with the Cowboys. *sigh*

Katie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    Football! I'm still trying to cope with the humiliation of the trouncing Dallas gave Green Bay last Thursday! Some bad calls for sure, but we still should have wiped the field with the Cowboys. *sigh*
    I could not agree more. We had to watch it on the computer, because the NFL and Time Warner are in a battle for money.

MbalmR Guest
    Oh, plans. Well, I suppose I'll finally take a shower today; I think it's my turn to use the hot water. There will be snow removal; we had a snow storm last night, with predictions for accumulation varying from 4-7 inches. Looks like we got the full 7. There will be a nap in there somewhere, as I'm a delicate old broad who needs lots of nap time. There will be a doggie run in the snow; I'll pick up poo piles, locating them either by the steam coming off them or the contrast between the brown and the white, and deposit them in my sophisticated poo containment system (bucket with a lid.)

Clip coupons from the Sunday newspaper ads, try to figure out something clever to prepare for dinner, check email and FAD posts..................real exciting stuff!

MbalmR Guest
    The outrage over that "black out" of the Dallas/Green Bay game will never be forgiven in Wisconsin. Well over half the state had no access to the broadcast, and believe me, when we cheeseheads are finished with Time Warner cable, they'll be nothing but a pile of dust and a few gruesome pelts.

firegilnotguns Guest
    As this appears to be a daily thing, perhaps a new thread titled something like "Daily Journal" or "Daily Thoughts" or something along those lines could be created, and every day everyone could just post in there with the new date at the top of their posts in bold. (That wouldn't even be necessary as the date is in the top lefthand corner of posts anyway, but maybe just the first poster of the day, probably "Katie" could do that.) This way everyone would know exactly where to check for the daily "check-in" and it would limit the necessity to create so many new threads regarding the same thing.

Katie Guest
    The cable company here is now running ads blaming the NFL, and on NFL.com they are running spots blaming Time Warner. I don't care, except I couldn't watch the game. There will be another coming up on Thursday, that will also not be shown.

Katie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by firegilnotguns View Post
    As this appears to be a daily thing, perhaps a new thread titled something like "Daily Journal" or "Daily Thoughts" or something along those lines could be created, and every day everyone could just post in there with the new date at the top of their posts in bold. (That wouldn't even be necessary as the date is in the top lefthand corner of posts anyway, but maybe just the first poster of the day, probably "Katie" could do that.) This way everyone would know exactly where to check for the daily "check-in" and it would limit the necessity to create so many new threads regarding the same thing.
    I work on another site, and for the benefit of the advertisers, they look for the amounts of threads and posts. I also know that two many posts on one thread is not good for the site. I thought I was doing the right thing. I would love to hear from the powers to be, as to which way would be the best. Or........

I don't have to do this every morning. I only started doing it, so that we could get to know each other better, and to increase the thread count.

MbalmR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by firegilnotguns View Post
    Excellent idea! I would love to keep checking in with my fellow death hags' daily routines, and what an efficient way to read their "diaries!" Bravo, firegilnotguns!

smellslikealmonds Guest
    My kids were up half the night coughing
    I didn't sleep for shit
    I got up about 10 minutes ago
    sat my ass in front of the computer
    here I am