Thread: Don Simpson

Don Simpson

Simpson was pretty well known producer who's list of credits include: Beverly Hills Cop, Flashdance, Top Gun. He was slightly less well known for his penchant for S&M, and recording the episodes for posterity. As I understand it, he also had a collagen injection into Mr. Happy (his penis), and it has been speculated that enjoyed snuff films.

Don Simpson shed his mortal coil on the pot in 1996, after an apparent drug O.D..

A brief snippet of his exploits can be found in the book "You'll Never Make Love in This Town Again" by Jennie Louise Frankel. A fairly interesting read. For those who may not know, Scott has an interesting article on FAD as well.

I remember reading about him.

Simpson was found dead on the toilet in his home in Los Angeles. The cause of death was a Cardiac Arrest from Mulitple Drug Intake. Various websites claim that he had over twenty different drugs in his system at the time of his death, including various psychiatric drugs. According to High Concept, a Simpson biography by reporter Charles Fleming, Simpson had a $60,000 per month drug habit at the time of his death. His job as an executive at Paramount studios came to an end when he allegedly passed out in the middle of a meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebear71 View Post
    Simpson was pretty well known producer who's list of credits include: Beverly Hills Cop, Flashdance, Top Gun. He was slightly less well known for his penchant for S&M, and recording the episodes for posterity. As I understand it, he also had a collagen injection into Mr. Happy (his penis), and it has been speculated that enjoyed snuff films.

Don Simpson shed his mortal coil on the pot in 1996, after an apparent drug O.D..

A brief snippet of his exploits can be found in the book "You'll Never Make Love in This Town Again" by Jennie Louise Frankel. A fairly interesting read. For those who may not know, Scott has an interesting article on FAD as well.
    This guy was a total pervert!
    "You are my center when I spin away..." TY

Funny, Geraldo talked about on his show years ago how he lived down the street from Don and the total mess the police made of his street so he couldn't get home...what a tool

Quote Originally Posted by bluebear71 View Post
    As I understand it, he also had a collagen injection into Mr. Happy (his penis),
    I thought it might be time to bump this up by mentioning that the injections of fat (not collagen) caused an infection in Mr. Happy and he didn't take that very well.

I read in "Raging Bulls and Easy Riders" that Simpson and Robert Altman HATED each other. Robert Altman said something like, "I wish that bastard Don Simpson had lived longer so I could talk more shit about him", to paraphrase.

Sounds like the book about Don would be a good read, as the crazy stuff usually is. Will have a look on Flea Bay etc... Although not as likeable a character as proper hellraisers such as Oliver Reed and Richard Burton by the sounds of it.

Quote Originally Posted by starshine93078 View Post
    I read in "Raging Bulls and Easy Riders" that Simpson and Robert Altman HATED each other. Robert Altman said something like, "I wish that bastard Don Simpson had lived longer so I could talk more shit about him", to paraphrase.
    That's hysterical!!

I remember reading a write up on Simpson, I think it was in Playboy. He was beyond a sleaze ball!
    Cindy

I have two words for you all. 'Woof woof'. Enough said.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    i have two words for you all. 'woof woof'. Enough said.
    lmao!

Simpson was a favorite (and easy) target of the long-defunct magazine Spy, who really tore him a new one in the article "Sex, Lies, and Post-It Notes," about the people most hated by secretaries working in Hollywood. Among other duties, any secretary working for Simpson had to help juggle his schedule with all of the (many) prostitutes that Simpson kept on virtual retainer because women who weren't being paid wouldn't get near him by then.

I have just found this documentary on Simpson on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb9eS8alncE Not the worlds best documentary but worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Benion View Post
    I have just found this documentary on Simpson on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb9eS8alncE Not the worlds best documentary but worth a watch.
    What a strange guy. He seemed to have a lot of chutzpah, but was otherwise pretty typical of ambitious people in Hollywood. Emotionally immature, manipulative, addictive personality. Very strange seeing Tony Scott being interviewed in the documentary. He seemed to have gone down the same path.

Didn't he work with Jerry Bruckheimer?

I never heard of him till this thread, guess I don't watch the movie credits enough, Just shows what having that crap drilled into your brain at an early age can do...even he said he knew it was s*&t...we had a young married couple teaching at our sunday school in the 60s, I was about 7-8, they would threaten us with hell all the time, that's when my mother stopped making me go....God bless her....

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    That's hysterical!!

I remember reading a write up on Simpson, I think it was in Playboy. He was beyond a sleaze ball!
    He wasn't posing in Playboy was he?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Simpson was found dead on the toilet in his home in Los Angeles. The cause of death was a Cardiac Arrest from Mulitple Drug Intake. Various websites claim that he had over twenty different drugs in his system at the time of his death, including various psychiatric drugs. According to High Concept, a Simpson biography by reporter Charles Fleming, Simpson had a $60,000 per month drug habit at the time of his death. His job as an executive at Paramount studios came to an end when he allegedly passed out in the middle of a meeting.
    A true treasure of a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Gross. But impressive - 60K/month, 20 drugs in his system when he died. Nifty.
    i just can't shake the Axel Foley theme right now. Fitting and apropos, sez me.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

I wonder if Elvis & Don Simpson both be setting side by side next to each other reading newspapers on 2 toilet's in Heaven .. Now cut me some slack Elvis fans it's only a joke to brite-up your day.. Oh I forgot Elvis has not left the building yet..
    Last edited by mc79; 11-06-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Seems like alot of famous people have died on the toilet.
    Hope I die before I get old (or really constipated)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Seems like alot of famous people have died on the toilet.
    Hope I die before I get old (or really constipated)
    Maybe it's the effort of trying to cheese one out that does them in. I don't think reading Daffy Duck comics would be enough, unless Elmer gets lucky.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Puttered out on the pooter.