Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Don Simpson

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,026

    Don Simpson

    Simpson was pretty well known producer who's list of credits include: Beverly Hills Cop, Flashdance, Top Gun. He was slightly less well known for his penchant for S&M, and recording the episodes for posterity. As I understand it, he also had a collagen injection into Mr. Happy (his penis), and it has been speculated that enjoyed snuff films.

    Don Simpson shed his mortal coil on the pot in 1996, after an apparent drug O.D..

    A brief snippet of his exploits can be found in the book "You'll Never Make Love in This Town Again" by Jennie Louise Frankel. A fairly interesting read. For those who may not know, Scott has an interesting article on FAD as well.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,376
    I remember reading about him.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,298
    Simpson was found dead on the toilet in his home in Los Angeles. The cause of death was a Cardiac Arrest from Mulitple Drug Intake. Various websites claim that he had over twenty different drugs in his system at the time of his death, including various psychiatric drugs. According to High Concept, a Simpson biography by reporter Charles Fleming, Simpson had a $60,000 per month drug habit at the time of his death. His job as an executive at Paramount studios came to an end when he allegedly passed out in the middle of a meeting.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hilton Head, SC
    Posts
    2,695
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebear71 View Post
    Simpson was pretty well known producer who's list of credits include: Beverly Hills Cop, Flashdance, Top Gun. He was slightly less well known for his penchant for S&M, and recording the episodes for posterity. As I understand it, he also had a collagen injection into Mr. Happy (his penis), and it has been speculated that enjoyed snuff films.

    Don Simpson shed his mortal coil on the pot in 1996, after an apparent drug O.D..

    A brief snippet of his exploits can be found in the book "You'll Never Make Love in This Town Again" by Jennie Louise Frankel. A fairly interesting read. For those who may not know, Scott has an interesting article on FAD as well.
    This guy was a total pervert!
    "You are my center when I spin away..." TY

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hell, Death Valley California
    Posts
    569
    Funny, Geraldo talked about on his show years ago how he lived down the street from Don and the total mess the police made of his street so he couldn't get home...what a tool

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebear71 View Post
    As I understand it, he also had a collagen injection into Mr. Happy (his penis),
    I thought it might be time to bump this up by mentioning that the injections of fat (not collagen) caused an infection in Mr. Happy and he didn't take that very well.

  7. #7
    I read in "Raging Bulls and Easy Riders" that Simpson and Robert Altman HATED each other. Robert Altman said something like, "I wish that bastard Don Simpson had lived longer so I could talk more shit about him", to paraphrase.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    743
    Sounds like the book about Don would be a good read, as the crazy stuff usually is. Will have a look on Flea Bay etc... Although not as likeable a character as proper hellraisers such as Oliver Reed and Richard Burton by the sounds of it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,621
    Quote Originally Posted by starshine93078 View Post
    I read in "Raging Bulls and Easy Riders" that Simpson and Robert Altman HATED each other. Robert Altman said something like, "I wish that bastard Don Simpson had lived longer so I could talk more shit about him", to paraphrase.
    That's hysterical!!

    I remember reading a write up on Simpson, I think it was in Playboy. He was beyond a sleaze ball!
    Cindy

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    18,061
    I have two words for you all. 'Woof woof'. Enough said.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,485
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    i have two words for you all. 'woof woof'. Enough said.
    lmao!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Deltona, FL
    Posts
    31
    Simpson was a favorite (and easy) target of the long-defunct magazine Spy, who really tore him a new one in the article "Sex, Lies, and Post-It Notes," about the people most hated by secretaries working in Hollywood. Among other duties, any secretary working for Simpson had to help juggle his schedule with all of the (many) prostitutes that Simpson kept on virtual retainer because women who weren't being paid wouldn't get near him by then.

  13. #13
    I have just found this documentary on Simpson on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb9eS8alncE Not the worlds best documentary but worth a watch.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by Benion View Post
    I have just found this documentary on Simpson on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb9eS8alncE Not the worlds best documentary but worth a watch.
    What a strange guy. He seemed to have a lot of chutzpah, but was otherwise pretty typical of ambitious people in Hollywood. Emotionally immature, manipulative, addictive personality. Very strange seeing Tony Scott being interviewed in the documentary. He seemed to have gone down the same path.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,080
    Didn't he work with Jerry Bruckheimer?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    nevada
    Posts
    17
    I never heard of him till this thread, guess I don't watch the movie credits enough, Just shows what having that crap drilled into your brain at an early age can do...even he said he knew it was s*&t...we had a young married couple teaching at our sunday school in the 60s, I was about 7-8, they would threaten us with hell all the time, that's when my mother stopped making me go....God bless her....

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    That's hysterical!!

    I remember reading a write up on Simpson, I think it was in Playboy. He was beyond a sleaze ball!
    He wasn't posing in Playboy was he?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Simpson was found dead on the toilet in his home in Los Angeles. The cause of death was a Cardiac Arrest from Mulitple Drug Intake. Various websites claim that he had over twenty different drugs in his system at the time of his death, including various psychiatric drugs. According to High Concept, a Simpson biography by reporter Charles Fleming, Simpson had a $60,000 per month drug habit at the time of his death. His job as an executive at Paramount studios came to an end when he allegedly passed out in the middle of a meeting.
    A true treasure of a human being.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    2,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    Simpson was found dead on the toilet in his home in Los Angeles. The cause of death was a Cardiac Arrest from Mulitple Drug Intake. Various websites claim that he had over twenty different drugs in his system at the time of his death, including various psychiatric drugs. According to High Concept, a Simpson biography by reporter Charles Fleming, Simpson had a $60,000 per month drug habit at the time of his death. His job as an executive at Paramount studios came to an end when he allegedly passed out in the middle of a meeting.
    Gross. But impressive - 60K/month, 20 drugs in his system when he died. Nifty.
    i just can't shake the Axel Foley theme right now. Fitting and apropos, sez me.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    29
    I wonder if Elvis & Don Simpson both be setting side by side next to each other reading newspapers on 2 toilet's in Heaven .. Now cut me some slack Elvis fans it's only a joke to brite-up your day.. Oh I forgot Elvis has not left the building yet..
    Last edited by mc79; 11-06-2013 at 01:01 PM.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,137
    Seems like alot of famous people have died on the toilet.
    Hope I die before I get old (or really constipated)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    18,061
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Seems like alot of famous people have died on the toilet.
    Hope I die before I get old (or really constipated)
    Maybe it's the effort of trying to cheese one out that does them in. I don't think reading Daffy Duck comics would be enough, unless Elmer gets lucky.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    4 cornerz
    Posts
    73
    Puttered out on the pooter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •