Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Diana

Hez Guest
    I have to say I always found Diana to come across as a bit of a nut. I don't think she should have married Charles, she was far too young and highly strung and he didn't love her and couldn't cope with her. She did a lot of good while she was here though but I would never cast her as an angel, she definately had issues x

I have a soft spot for Charlie more so when i saw how grief stricken he was when the Queen Mum passed away my heart just went out to him but i don't think he will get to rule when the Queen dies i think he might pass it over to William or if he does it wont be a long reign,
    as for Diana she had a mass of issues really but she did alot of good and she adored her children and you can see alot of her coming through in William and Harry

As much as I would like to see the crown pass to Wills, it WILL not happen. Tradition goes too deep, and even though Charles will (already is) an old geezer he will be King of England. ::Groan:::
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Quote Originally Posted by halogirl5 View Post
    Sorry for a post about twelve weeks late, darling!! The following is only my opinion (Snudgy and Spooky please weigh in):
    Charles is kindly beheld because these days, in the UK, nothing is truly sacred or lasting or bothersome to the public psyche apart from drinking, family, celebrity, and doing what we've always done. Affronts to those things are the only things which upset people. We have a huge disposable fleeting celebrity culture now. Charles is not held in either particular revererance nor disgust by the masses because the masses don't care about things like that anymore it's all about the latest reality show or the mortgage. Charles likes organic gardening and so does Jamie Oliver ( a celebrity 'chef') so therefore Charles is not all bad. true.
    Well I like Charles as he waved at us on Armed Forces Day in Cardiff! He was in a posh car, driving down towards us with Camilla next to him. She smiled at us and waved, then she looked at him and he did the same! In fact the car slowed down and I got a photo of them, well sort of....but you can make them out.

I feel Charles become a better Father to William and Harry when Diana died. Yes it's hard to say such a thing but I know some people agree with me on this. He does some good work in the UK and seems like a nicer man now.

Its been 13 years since Diana died. I still remember going to sign a book of condolence and leave some flowers in Cardiff City Hall. I had to wait in line for ages and cried my eyes out signing the book, that I ended up hugging some woman who I didnt know! We were both so overcome. Looking back on it now I laugh but it shocked me so much.

Pat Bateman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedfemale View Post
    The two people on the left were killed instantly. There used to be photos of Dodi and the driver on the Internet dead after the crash and if it was them they were torn up badly.
    Dodi and Henri Paul (the driver) both had their spinal cords severed in the crash . I also heard that both looked pretty bad. I'm sure those photos will not see the light of day as long as Mohammed Al Fayed is alive.

Crazy Cat Lady Guest
    I once saw an online B&W photo of Diana at the accident scene. She was on a stretcher and was intubated. I sure wish I could find it again, because it looked possibly real. I have NO idea where I found it, and have never seen it since.

The death of Diana....one of those absolutely polarizing moments in my life. RIP Princess.

Hard to believe we're coming up on the anniversary once again.

One thing I remember clearly. It was muggy during the summer then and on the day she passed away and around 10am, we had a huge storm. It was black, the sky looked spooky and it thundered for ages. My Mum said ' See God is mad too' It made me think, what if he is mad? Sure it's silly but we were in shock.

Nicki Guest
    Sure miss her. I'm sure she would have been just as beautiful today and so very proud of her boys.

Desertrose Guest
    I imagine Queen Elizabeth had a huge say in who Charles married since she would one day be queen and needed to make sure she was young enough to guarantee heirs to the throne.

Waltham Abbey in Essex & Filey In Yorkshire UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky_Stone View Post
    One thing I remember clearly. It was muggy during the summer then and on the day she passed away and around 10am, we had a huge storm. It was black, the sky looked spooky and it thundered for ages. My Mum said ' See God is mad too' It made me think, what if he is mad? Sure it's silly but we were in shock.

I was also in Cardiff on Armed Forces Day
    (Waving & Getting Emotional) goodness it was hot that day!!

I must admit I was never a fan of Diana and I remember on the day she died I got up and brought the Sunday papers back to bed. In the Sunday supplements there were dozens of pictures on Diana & Dodi on holiday jumping off of yachts etc & I said to my husband [SIZE=3]"if I see another picture of this bloody woman Iā??m gonna scream!!"[/SIZE]

Then low & behold as soon as the telly was switched on we got up to the news of her death.
    At first I was convinced she and Dodi had ran away to get away from the press but that was obviously wrong.

I do like Prince Charles and he is much happier and relaxed since he married the love of his life, Camilla. She may not be ā??Beautifulā? but ā??every pot has a lidā? so they say.
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

desertangel Guest

Princess Diana's Spirit Predicts Prominent Royal Death in 2011

(I never know which forum to put these quirky little stories in, so feel free to move if need be.)

The part I wanted to draw attention to is at the very end. Where is the F.A.D. Pool thread... anyone have a member of the Royal Family on their list?

"A psychic says Princess Diana has come to him from beyond the grave and said her death was a 'well-planned accident.

Hollywood psychic Kenny Kingston says he contacted the Duchess of Windsor, a former client when she was alive, during a sƩance at his Los Angeles home last week. Kingston says the Duchess introduced him to Princess Diana.

Kingston tells WENN, "The Duchess of Windsor originally greeted Diana on the other side because she felt a kinship to her, as both had been stripped of their royal titles. The Duchess looked immaculate in a white gown and she soon brought in Diana, looking radiant in a royal blue gown.

"Diana told me she continues to watch over her 'boys,' as she still refers to them. She thinks Prince William will be the next monarch, with or without a wife and she is very proud of Prince Harry and the training he's received and feels there are great plans for him."

But, it was the revelations about her death that fascinated Kingston: "Diana has come to the conclusion that the tragedy in the Alma Tunnel was no mistake. She said, 'It may have been an accident, but it was a well-planned one.' This is contrary to what Diana's spirit had conveyed to me during a previous sƩance many years ago. It has taken her this period of time, she says, to gain her strength and to be able to see the truth."

And Kingston reveals it was his eerie prediction in a British newspaper that put her on alert during her final weeks.

The psychic adds, "Diana told me that when she told her butler, Paul Burrell, that she feared for her safety and sensed a danger period around a car, she was referring to my aura reading, which I revealed in the Daily Star newspaper. The aura reading had warned her of a danger period from July to November around fast-moving cars, and Diana took it to heart."

The sƩance ended on a chilling note. Diana reported that a prominent member of the Royal Family will die before the end of 2011.
    Princess Diana died in a car crash in Paris on August 31, 1997

Pat Bateman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    (I never know which forum to put these quirky little stories in, so feel free to move if need be.)

The part I wanted to draw attention to is at the very end. Where is the F.A.D. Pool thread... anyone have a member of the Royal Family on their list?

"A psychic says Princess Diana has come to him from beyond the grave and said her death was a 'well-planned accident.

Hollywood psychic Kenny Kingston says he contacted the Duchess of Windsor, a former client when she was alive, during a sƩance at his Los Angeles home last week. Kingston says the Duchess introduced him to Princess Diana.

Kingston tells WENN, "The Duchess of Windsor originally greeted Diana on the other side because she felt a kinship to her, as both had been stripped of their royal titles. The Duchess looked immaculate in a white gown and she soon brought in Diana, looking radiant in a royal blue gown.

"Diana told me she continues to watch over her 'boys,' as she still refers to them. She thinks Prince William will be the next monarch, with or without a wife and she is very proud of Prince Harry and the training he's received and feels there are great plans for him."

But, it was the revelations about her death that fascinated Kingston: "Diana has come to the conclusion that the tragedy in the Alma Tunnel was no mistake. She said, 'It may have been an accident, but it was a well-planned one.' This is contrary to what Diana's spirit had conveyed to me during a previous sƩance many years ago. It has taken her this period of time, she says, to gain her strength and to be able to see the truth."

And Kingston reveals it was his eerie prediction in a British newspaper that put her on alert during her final weeks.

The psychic adds, "Diana told me that when she told her butler, Paul Burrell, that she feared for her safety and sensed a danger period around a car, she was referring to my aura reading, which I revealed in the Daily Star newspaper. The aura reading had warned her of a danger period from July to November around fast-moving cars, and Diana took it to heart."

The sƩance ended on a chilling note. Diana reported that a prominent member of the Royal Family will die before the end of 2011.
    Eh. Smells like bulldust to me. If Diana was so careful around fast-moving cars, how did she end up dying in a high speed crash?

Sam Guest
    I have no doubt that she would be alive today if she'd just put her seat belt on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I have no doubt that she would be alive today if she'd just put her seat belt on.
    Ditto! Her heart was displaced and that might not have happened had she buckled up.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Littleroben Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by desertangel View Post
    I don't think that's too unlikely. Given that the 'psychic' has allowed themselves 15 months for someone to die and that Prince Philip is nearly 90 and there are a few other older members I think there's a good chance one of them might die.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleroben View Post
    I don't think that's too unlikely. Given that the 'psychic' has allowed themselves 15 months for someone to die and that Prince Philip is nearly 90 and there are a few other older members I think there's a good chance one of them might die.
    You do not suddenly become psychic when you die. She has no way of knowing who will die just because she's dead. jmho

Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    You do not suddenly become psychic when you die. She has no way of knowing who will die just because she's dead. jmho
    I agree. I also think that "ghosts" cannot read your mind" as seems to be taken for granted. Also "a member of the royal" family is pretty broad.

Littleroben Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    I agree. I also think that "ghosts" cannot read your mind" as seems to be taken for granted. Also "a member of the royal" family is pretty broad.
    Yep, that was the point I was trying to make, there are quite a lot of older ones so it's a fair chance that one of them will die in the next 15 months.

Elizabeth Guest
    RIP our lovely Princess......you are missed more every day....

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry's Cat View Post
    I was also in Cardiff on Armed Forces Day
    (Waving & Getting Emotional) goodness it was hot that day!!

I must admit I was never a fan of Diana and I remember on the day she died I got up and brought the Sunday papers back to bed. In the Sunday supplements there were dozens of pictures on Diana & Dodi on holiday jumping off of yachts etc & I said to my husband [SIZE=3]"if I see another picture of this bloody woman Iā??m gonna scream!!"[/SIZE]

Then low & behold as soon as the telly was switched on we got up to the news of her death.
    At first I was convinced she and Dodi had ran away to get away from the press but that was obviously wrong.

I do like Prince Charles and he is much happier and relaxed since he married the love of his life, Camilla. She may not be ā??Beautifulā? but ā??every pot has a lidā? so they say.
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    It was soooo hot in Cardiff on Armed Forces Day, I had a small opertion the day before and was still sore from it. Still I wanted to show my support and love for the brave men and women. Such a great day. We would have taken my Grandad, he was in the Second World War, but he can't walk too far and hates the heat!

I was thinking about Diana yesterday, it's still so sad.

MissLissa Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    I have to say I always found Diana to come across as a bit of a nut. I don't think she should have married Charles, she was far too young and highly strung and he didn't love her and couldn't cope with her. She did a lot of good while she was here though but I would never cast her as an angel, she definately had issues x
    For me that's the point. She was young and naive, dear god she was a teenager. He was much older and knew better. She might have been high strung but I am convinced that man and his family drove her crazy. I can't stand him or that skank he married. JMO

Nicki Guest
    Still miss her. She was so young when she married Charles. He knew he was using her and that Camilla would still be in his life. You don't always make the best decisions at that age. Still any other woman in her age bracket that was wined and Dined by the prince most likely would have said yes as well. She was such a good mother to her boys. Probably the best the principality ever had. Will always miss her.

Perdi Guest
    Don't you all believe it!!! She portrayed herself as the victim all the way through her marraige, but she knew going into it that it was, affectively, an arranged marraige. She was of good stock, of child bearing age, and could deliver the 'heir and a spare' that was required. She was aesthetically pleasing and had no skeletons in her closet. She was, therefore, the perfect candidate. She knew ALL about Camilla before she was married and she herself had COUNTLESS affairs throughout her marraige, so for me, they were both as bad as each other!!!!

She was very careful to manage her image in the press to ensure she maintained her 'poor me' status etc, but she was a shrewd manipulator and I can imagine her sitting at home when people were dissing Charles and saying oh poor Di wringing her hands together and laughing!!

I don't think for a second her death was anything other than an accident which, as has been said previously, could have been avoided if the dozy bint had bothered to put on her seat belt...you know....like you're legally meant to?????

Apols to all who are fans, but she frankly got righton my tits!!! Yes, she was chased mercilessly by paps, but she fed the info to say where she was, so frankly I have no sympathy!!! You can't play them like that then whinge when they're there!!!!!!

Just re-read this whole thread. Don't know why I'm suddenly interesting in Diana at the moment. Always liked her, but the relationship between her and the royal family is more interesting.

I lived in Nashville, TN when she died and worked at Opryland USA (now a mall...a flooded mall...) as a facepainter. I actually lived in the suburbs of Nashville, so it took me about a 1/2 hour or so to get home. It was right before school started for my Senior Year of High School and I heard that she was in an accident on the radio on the way home from work after the park closed. I found out not too long after I got home that she had died (or they were speculating). My mom and I stayed up and talked about it for a while after it happened that night.

I was watching 80's videos with my step-daughter last week and we watched "Candle in the Wind" and then that lead to "Candle in the Wind '97". I actually choked up a little telling her about Diana's death and her sons. She was only 11 months when it happened so knew NOTHING of it.

I too remember where I was that day. We had just arrived at our destination for the holiday weekend. I turned on the tv (yes, I take over like that lol) and BAM! All the news were talking about her death. All of us in the room were stunned.

Hez Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Perdi View Post
    Don't you all believe it!!! She portrayed herself as the victim all the way through her marraige, but she knew going into it that it was, affectively, an arranged marraige. She was of good stock, of child bearing age, and could deliver the 'heir and a spare' that was required. She was aesthetically pleasing and had no skeletons in her closet. She was, therefore, the perfect candidate. She knew ALL about Camilla before she was married and she herself had COUNTLESS affairs throughout her marraige, so for me, they were both as bad as each other!!!!

She was very careful to manage her image in the press to ensure she maintained her 'poor me' status etc, but she was a shrewd manipulator and I can imagine her sitting at home when people were dissing Charles and saying oh poor Di wringing her hands together and laughing!!

I don't think for a second her death was anything other than an accident which, as has been said previously, could have been avoided if the dozy bint had bothered to put on her seat belt...you know....like you're legally meant to?????

Apols to all who are fans, but she frankly got righton my tits!!! Yes, she was chased mercilessly by paps, but she fed the info to say where she was, so frankly I have no sympathy!!! You can't play them like that then whinge when they're there!!!!!!
    Well said! She played the victim to perfection. Because she looked innocent and unassuming doesn't mean she was. I always got the feeling she was mentally unstable anyway and that was nothing to do with the Royals. She was glamorous and got her name out there for causes but there was definately another side to her.

jaylene Guest
    I believe she was a very young girl and had no idea what she
    was getting into when she married Charles. She had to learn to
    survive her own way. She wasn't perfect but no one is. In my eyes
    she was human just like the rest of us. I know I couldn't have
    lived with the "stiff upper lip" royals. RIP Diana

^Amen jaylene! Princess Diana was a human being just like the rest of us. She did the best she could with what she had, both perfect and imperfect. To me, she was a beautifully, flawed human being. God Bless Her! I Love You and Miss You, Princess Diana.

Paige B Guest
    I hope Prince William's beautiful bride to be doesn't get the same torment and hell as Diana did. I hope she is prepared to spend the rest of her days in the limelight. Good luck, Kate!

For some reason I was watching TV when it came on that Princess Di had been in an accident in which someone else was killed, but that she was only injured. As the time wore on, it became more and more obvious that she was injured very seriously and may not survive. I remember telling my husband, someone's ass is going to get kicked if Princess Diana dies. Then a while later they announced her death.

What's amazing to me is that after all this time, no one's ass got kicked over it. Perhaps that's because Henri Paul died in the crash. If he hadn't, my bet is he would now be wearing very stylish cement boots at the bottom of the Seine.

The other thing that amazes me is that William would give his fiance his Mom's engagement ring. Considering the fact that his parent's marriage failed miserably, I would think that's the last piece of jewelry he would use. It's the kind of thing that would be nice to look at in a display case at the British Museum, or even give to William's (future) daughter at some point in her life as a memory of the Grandmother she never met, but never in a million years give to your fiance. The couple is doomed.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

I don't think they're "doomed". Both William and Kate are far more mature at 28 than Diana was at 19 when she married. William seems far more supportive than his father ever was of his wife, and after seeing marriage after marriage fall apart in the family, they know better.
    I think the ring looks gorgeous on her.

Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    I don't think they're "doomed". Both William and Kate are far more mature at 28 than Diana was at 19 when she married. William seems far more supportive than his father ever was of his wife, and after seeing marriage after marriage fall apart in the family, they know better.
    I think the ring looks gorgeous on her.
    I totally agree, Duchess. I think the ring has such an association with Diana, that it transends the ugliness of the marriage. I would be flattered that William gave me his mother's ring, no matter how the marriage turned out in the end. Diana wore the ring all the time and so many replicas of it were made. Besides, William is a product of Charles and Diana's union and that ring is a symbol of it (no matter how bad it was). I think after all this time, it is a lovely gesture and reminder.

I also think this marriage is a good match. They are MUCH older than most couples who marry and have been together for quite a while.

maddmatt Guest

The Royals

I used to be a staunch monarchist until all the stories of Di's numerous affairs, Prince Charles wishing he was Camilla's tampon and Princess Margret's debauched and snobish behaviour. At the start of the week in which she died I held the hand of the mother of the love of my life as she passed away. Then on the Thursday my Grandad had a massive heart attack and died, and the hurt that caused my Nan who died a month later will stay in my heart and head for the rest of my life. So to see people in the street screaming and crying over a very privileged woman, who spent most of the summer frolicking on a multi million pound yacht in the south of france, and who they had never met made me sick to the stomach. I'm sorry if I had offended anyone but I can't stand the lot of them,

orionova Guest
    Don't feel bad if you have offended someone, matt. That's how you feel. If they are that thin skinned, they shouldn't be on this forum in the first place.

For me, it was just surreal. Diana was in the papers all the time over any little thing, and then suddenly, she's gone. It seemed that the only certainties in life were death, taxes, and Diana in the tabloids.

Paige B Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt View Post
    I used to be a staunch monarchist until all the stories of Di's numerous affairs, Prince Charles wishing he was Camilla's tampon and Princess Margret's debauched and snobish behaviour. At the start of the week in which she died I held the hand of the mother of the love of my life as she passed away. Then on the Thursday my Grandad had a massive heart attack and died, and the hurt that caused my Nan who died a month later will stay in my heart and head for the rest of my life. So to see people in the street screaming and crying over a very privileged woman, who spent most of the summer frolicking on a multi million pound yacht in the south of france, and who they had never met made me sick to the stomach. I'm sorry if I had offended anyone but I can't stand the lot of them,
    Hi Matt. Welcome to the board!
    My husband was born and raised in England, mostly around London. The one thing he told me from the very beginning, is that he couldn't stand the royal family, and that their sole purpose of being in existence was for the American tourists! I read your post to him and he nodded his head vigorously agreeing with you.

maddmatt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by orionova View Post
    Don't feel bad if you have offended someone, matt. That's how you feel. If they are that thin skinned, they shouldn't be on this forum in the first place.

For me, it was just surreal. Diana was in the papers all the time over any little thing, and then suddenly, she's gone. It seemed that the only certainties in life were death, taxes, and Diana in the tabloids.

Thanks, its just that I have mentioned what happened in the past and one woman I used to work with, took great offence and wouldn't talk to me for a month.

maddmatt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paige B View Post
    Hi Matt. Welcome to the board!
    My husband was born and raised in England, mostly around London. The one thing he told me from the very beginning, is that he couldn't stand the royal family, and that their sole purpose of being in existence was for the American tourists! I read your post to him and he nodded his head vigorously agreeing with you.
    I've been a member for years now but I didn't know too much about the rich and famous so I haven't posted much, but I have learnt a great deal from FAD. Thanks for your comments and its good to know your husband has similar thoughts to me.

Pat MaGroin Guest
    Here is the Original French Death Certificate for Diana.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DianaDeathCertificateFrench.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	29369  

Elizabeth Guest
    Anyone else finding themselves thinking of Princess Diana these days, due to William's impending nuptuals???

Giada Guest
    Diana is the only royal who generates a warm spot in my heart, and not because she was a royal.

Diana was deceived, very young, innocent, and certainly unknowing in the way of the lives of most royals, (do what you want, keep it away from the press).

By the time Diana discovered Charles ongoing infidelity with Camilla it was too late.

Diana in turn, not having any options and angry, began her own indiscretions.

I love her rebellious spirit and her determination to hug, hold, and be a an active mom in the lives of her sons.

This is apparent in William ... and no surprise he should choose a commoner to be his wife, and fully engage with her family which would seem more like his experience with his mother than anything he could have with the palace royals.

I find myself completely avoiding the whole thing. Sorry, I don't give two craps about this stupid wedding. To watch people losing their minds over the guest list, who is wearing what and all that jazz just makes me want to puke.

It's not like they have any power or anything- the royal family continues to live in luxury, spend ridiculous amounts of money,and be completely irrelavent.

Diana was a beautiful lady- and at the time, their wedding was the stuff of fairy tale legend, but after years of tampons, squidgies, cheating, horse faced mistresses that must have beer flavored nipples, crying, whining, toe sucking and wrist waves, they no longer have the magic and prestige that the royal family once had.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    I find myself completely avoiding the whole thing. Sorry, I don't give two craps about this stupid wedding. To watch people losing their minds over the guest list, who is wearing what and all that jazz just makes me want to puke.

It's not like they have any power or anything- the royal family continues to live in luxury, spend ridiculous amounts of money,and be completely irrelavent.

Diana was a beautiful lady- and at the time, their wedding was the stuff of fairy tale legend, but after years of tampons, squidgies, cheating, horse faced mistresses that must have beer flavored nipples, crying, whining, toe sucking and wrist waves, they no longer have the magic and prestige that the royal family once had.

You got that right!!

Quote Originally Posted by Giada View Post
    Diana is the only royal who generates a warm spot in my heart, and not because she was a royal.

Diana was deceived, very young, innocent, and certainly unknowing in the way of the lives of most royals, (do what you want, keep it away from the press).

By the time Diana discovered Charles ongoing infidelity with Camilla it was too late.

Diana in turn, not having any options and angry, began her own indiscretions.

I love her rebellious spirit and her determination to hug, hold, and be a an active mom in the lives of her sons.

This is apparent in William ... and no surprise he should choose a commoner to be his wife, and fully engage with her family which would seem more like his experience with his mother than anything he could have with the palace royals.
    wow. same thoughts here. and I have been balling like a baby with
    the look back at Diana. and I never cry. but her life, I think she was a great humanitarian.

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post

Well said. I think it's appalling he would give his mother's ring to her, she's done nothing to deserve it. I do commend his brother though for giving him the ring... I thought that was really sweet.

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    Well said. I think it's appalling he would give his mother's ring to her, she's done nothing to deserve it. I do commend his brother though for giving him the ring... I thought that was really sweet.
    Wanna bet there is a written contract concerning the ring.....that if this marriage ends in divorce it goes back to Will.

Oogie Boogie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowergrrl View Post
    I dunno, he loves her enough to marry her and lots of men (well maybe not lots, but at least some men) give their fiancees family heirloom rings for their engagement ring.

I admit that I'm dorky enough that I watched some of the wedding before I left for work this morning! lol When I saw Camilla standing next to Charles in the church I thought that Diana is probably turning in her grave.