Page 1 of 57 1231050 ... LastLast

Thread: I Remember That!

Bellfire Guest

I Remember That!

I meant kid's shows but I can't spell or correct titles apperently lol.

I love my man Charles Nelson Reiley and the characters he played. I love Lidsville and all the colors. I love Sigman the Seamonster and I loved the bugaloos. It was me, my bowl of cereal and the blindes were closed keeping out the light. It was wonderous and fun but it's long since pasts.

ComputerGuy Guest
    Was that HR Pufingstuff

ComputerGuy Guest
    Sorry Lidsville. I remember Billie Hayes in both shows

RoRo Guest
    I loved Sigmond the seamonster! Puffinstuf was cool too!
    Sid and Mary Kroft were great!

I miss those Saturday mornings as a little kid growing up in the 70's too. It was like a mini vacation where your imagination could run wild. H.R. Pufnstuf and the Banana Splits were my favorite shows. Anything Sid & Marty Krofft did was good, silly fun.
    [Img][/img]
    "There are three things I've learned never to discuss
    with people: religion, politics and The Great Pumpkin."
    - Linus -
    It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
    https://youtu.be/H2H0TfvNU3w

Lidsville, New Zoo Review, Banana Splits! Wonderama!! They don't make shows like that anymore! Probably because we now know what drugs can do to the brain if used for long periods of time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

sweetpea77 Guest
    I'm a child of the 80's.
    The things I shows I miss are Fraggle Rock, He-man, She-ra, and those Saturday morning Looney Tunes!
    And don't get me started on the toys!!

Bellfire Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea77 View Post
    I'm a child of the 80's.
    The things I shows I miss are Fraggle Rock, He-man, She-ra, and those Saturday morning Looney Tunes!
    And don't get me started on the toys!!

The only good cartoon in the 80's was the Surfs.

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    I loved Sigmond the seamonster! Puffinstuf was cool too!
    Sid and Mary Kroft were great!
    From the look of things; Sid and Marty were not just great but stoned about 98% of the time . I was still a kid when the show aired but getting to the age when it had less appeal. I somehow didn't let that bother me with The Electric Company though - which could be fairly hilarious at times.

ComputerGuy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Lidsville, New Zoo Review, Banana Splits! Wonderama!! They don't make shows like that anymore! Probably because we now know what drugs can do to the brain if used for long periods of time!
    WONDERAMA with Bon McAllister!!

"Have you got any good news today, today
    I want to hear what you want to say,
    Just wait till I get to the count of three,
    And tell me all the good news you have for me!" Then some kid would something schmaltzie!!

knothere Guest
    puffinstuff n hey u guys! the electric company and hot chocolate with the wolfman jack ya i guess i was a kid once
    i bot n ate frosted flakes n wondered whered the frosting go then i looked at the box n im like man corn flakes is sweeter than this

ComputerGuy Guest
    School House Rock

Conjunction Junction

knothere Guest
    scooby doo n i r goood buds

Bellfire Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeCee View Post
    From the look of things; Sid and Marty were not just great but stoned about 98% of the time . I was still a kid when the show aired but getting to the age when it had less appeal. I somehow didn't let that bother me with The Electric Company though - which could be fairly hilarious at times.

Gee what gave you a clue, lidsville? lol (Teasing) I'm just a Bill yes I'm only a Bill.

Seriously though, I saw a bio on them and it was pretty cool. I would have liked to be in one of the shoes. I definately smell magic mushroom in some of those lol.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    "Johnny Quest," "Space Ghost" and Witchie Poo -- all best watched Saturday mornings, with the blinds closed, in your sleeping bag/tent on the living room floor, along with a bowl or two of FrankenBerry, Count Chocula or Boo Berry! (with Quisp and Quake running a close 2nd)!!!

pvezz Guest
    I watched "Land of the Lost" every Saturday morning! It used to piss me off that Chaka and the others couldn't outrun those stupid Sleestacks 'cuz they were slow as HELL!

BeeCee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
    "Johnny Quest," "Space Ghost" and Witchie Poo -- all best watched Saturday mornings, with the blinds closed, in your sleeping bag/tent on the living room floor, along with a bowl or two of FrankenBerry, Count Chocula or Boo Berry! (with Quisp and Quake running a close 2nd)!!!
    Really into Johnny Quest, Captain Kangaroo, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Hanna Barbera and Warner Bros. cartoons, and living room tents. But I was stricktly a Captain Crunch kid.

lulu Guest
    I used to be obsessed with Land of the Lost! I loved it, couldn't get enough.
    Just tried to watch an episode the other day, WOW could barely get through the opening credits! And, those sleestacks used to scare the crap out of me!
    Kids these days are so spoiled with their special effects and plots.

Puffinstuf is still great though. Maybe 'cause of Jack Wild.

Always had a wee little crush on Jack.

Tombstone Tourist Guest
    I remember the Banana Splits - Fleagle, Beagle, Drupper and Snork!

More specifically I remember the Sour Grapes Messenger Girl - Charly.

Two words - yum eeeeeeeeeeeee.

I had it bad for that girl. Or to quote Louis Prima, "I got it bad, and that ain't good."

lulu Guest
    I also used to watch Jem. She was awesome!

firegilnotguns Guest
    I think I must be at some stage in between Fraggle Rock and HR Pufnstuf - loved the Banana Splits, the Electric Company, and School House Rock (lord knows I probably wouldn't have gotten my multiplication tables sorted without it!) but also a fan of the Snorks, the Smurfs, and all of the Looney Tunes.

I loved getting up early on Saturday mornings, watching cartoons and eating Count Chocula! Oh yeah, they also used to make this s'more grahams cereal, too...I think it was by the makers of Golden Grahams ("ooh, those Golden Grahams!") and it had the regular graham crackers but also chocolate ones and little marshmallows (that were actually shaped like regular marshmallows) does anyone remember this cereal or was it just me and my siblings?!

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by firegilnotguns View Post
    I think I must be at some stage in between Fraggle Rock and HR Pufnstuf - loved the Banana Splits, the Electric Company, and School House Rock (lord knows I probably wouldn't have gotten my multiplication tables sorted without it!) but also a fan of the Snorks, the Smurfs, and all of the Looney Tunes.

I loved getting up early on Saturday mornings, watching cartoons and eating Count Chocula! Oh yeah, they also used to make this s'more grahams cereal, too...I think it was by the makers of Golden Grahams ("ooh, those Golden Grahams!") and it had the regular graham crackers but also chocolate ones and little marshmallows (that were actually shaped like regular marshmallows) does anyone remember this cereal or was it just me and my siblings?!
    Sounds vaguely familiar. Anyone used to eat "Quisp"? It had that little dude on the front of the box wearing that propeller beanie? lol

Did you know that Judith Lights first role was "Electra Woman and Dyna Girl" on the Kroft Super Show? What was your favorite "School House Rock"? Mine was "I'm Just a Bill".

Anyone used to eat "Quisp"? It had that little dude on the front of the box wearing that propeller beanie? lol
    I did and loved it. And it's still available, I bought a case of it a few years ago. My husband had never heard of it, he polished off most of the case though.
    [Img][/img]
    - Linus -

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva View Post
    I did and loved it. And it's still available, I bought a case of it a few years ago. My husband had never heard of it, he polished off most of the case though.
    You can still buy Quisp?? Where the hell have I been? LOL

You can still buy Quisp??
    Yup, you sure can. Has it's own website too, check out Quisp.com. Lol!
    [Img][/img]
    - Linus -

don't_axe_me Guest
    I thought Electra Woman was Diedre Hall? And Debra Winger was Dyna Girl, wasn't she?

Bashterd Guest
    What a blast from the past!!!!

Wonderama god I haven't thought about that show forever and the Bugaloos, Sigmound and the Sea Monsters, all the the Sid and Marty Croft shows. My Saturday Morning line up!!!!

I still remember the song from the Bugaloos, Flying high flying free as the summer breeze.

Some serious dooby smokin from that pair!!!!

Crap now that song is stuck in my head!!!!

pvezz Guest
    Where can I snag me some "psychedelic kid shoes"? Sounds AWESOME!

Laurie Guest
    I remember Quisp and Quake cereal (Quake was a cowboy, I think) and many Saturday mornings with The Banana Splits, Land of the Lost, Lidsville, The Bugaloos and my all-time fave, "Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp!"

don't_axe_me Guest
    "Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp!"

Was that the one with Mata Hairy?

RoRo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by don't_axe_me View Post
    I thought Electra Woman was Diedre Hall? And Debra Winger was Dyna Girl, wasn't she?
    Right about Diedre Hall but Dyna Girl was played by Judy Strangis.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    The kids shows these days are wayyyy trippy. They freak me out. Take the Teletubbies and the Boobahs for example. All kinds of wrongness.

mike Guest
    You can find some of that on Youtube,Schoolhouse Rock,HR PuffNSnuff (I still find myself singing that damn song)Dr Shirker and my favorite Mr Yuk.

Laurie Guest
    Was that the one with Mata Hairy?
    Yep. She was his spy co-worker/girlfriend; the "99" to his "Max."

Bellfire Guest
    Max was shorter than 99 but the camera angles would make him taller. Why didn't she just squat some lol?

What were your favorite toys in your childhood?

What toys did you love when you were a kid? I know this may be giving your age away...but...

I loved:

Weebles (I had the tree house!)
    Fashion Plates
    Easy Bake Oven
    Litebrite
    Sit and Spin
    Don't Break the Ice/ Don't Spill the Beans!

There's so many more!!! Did you see that VH1 toy show!? That was fun!!

Bake Guest
    You realize this one could head to the gutter....fast!

Op Yops
    Litebrite
    Barbies

Yes...I thought of that (LOL)

What was Op Yops?

Bake Guest
    Yes...I thought of that (LOL)

What was Op Yops?
    This is funny because I actually found mine a few weeks ago cleaning out the garage...now thats an "antique"!

It was two long strings, each end was connected to plastic rings that you put your first fingers thru. On these strings were two plastic disks, kinda heavier, you would "wind up" the strings by moving it in a circular motion with the two disks in the middle....once you'd wind the string, you'd pull, and back and forth...and the two plastic disks would come apart and go together and making a funny "clapping" sound when they collided.

I hope I described so you understand. If I run across it again, I'll get a picture of it!!

mommafreak Guest
    I used to have this string toy called Breakers or Ball Breakers. 2 type marbles on the end and a latch or hook of some sort in the middle and you'd shake them back and forth to start a rythem and they would knock. Maybe they were called knockers. I don't know. I also had Barbie, Barbie House, Barbie Airplane and Barbie Camper.

don't_axe_me Guest
    We called them Klick-Klacks

Bake Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mommafreak View Post
    I used to have this string toy called Breakers or Ball Breakers. 2 type marbles on the end and a latch or hook of some sort in the middle and you'd shake them back and forth to start a rythem and they would knock. Maybe they were called knockers. I don't know. I also had Barbie, Barbie House, Barbie Airplane and Barbie Camper.
    Oh yea...Barbie camper was the sheeeets...my girl went campin all the time once she got hers!!!

don't_axe_me Guest
    my girl went campin all the time once she got hers!!!
    In her evenings gowns, no less

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    lets see....i had the whole he-man thing, transformers, gi joe, thundercats, even had me a a-team set, complete with the van. sad part is, i barely ever played with my toys, i prefered to be outside. i grew up on a farm, and fishing and playing outdoors took me away from all my toys.

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    In her evenings gowns, no less

lets arrange a play date!! my hulk hogan figure hasnt seen action for awhile....

mommafreak Guest
    my knuckles used to get so tore up over those knuckle knockers.

don't_axe_me Guest
    lets arrange a play date!! my hulk hogan figure hasnt seen action for awhile....
    Actually, I have a cousin my age (male), and he and I would play together. His G.I. Joe and my Barbie...somehow they always ended up in the jungle somewhere...but she was very well dressed...sort of like Ginger on The Island

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    Actually, I have a cousin my age (male), and he and I would play together. His G.I. Joe and my Barbie...somehow they always ended up in the jungle somewhere...but she was very well dressed...sort of like Ginger on The Island
    hhmm...gimme time to round up some gi joes, i got some plastic plants, they can be the jungle!

firegilnotguns Guest
    What toys did you love when you were a kid? I know this may be giving your age away...but...

I loved:

Weebles (I had the tree house!)
    Fashion Plates
    Easy Bake Oven
    Litebrite
    Sit and Spin
    Don't Break the Ice/ Don't Spill the Beans!

There's so many more!!! Did you see that VH1 toy show!? That was fun!!
    I loved LOVED all of those! I went to get Weebles for one of my nieces about five years ago and they make them now but they're not the same as they used to be - I couldn't bring myself to buy them!
    I also liked Shrinky-Dinks, (I think there's also a modern version of those), Lego, of course!
    and Hi-Ho Cherry-O! Luckily, this does seem to be pretty much the same as it used to be, so I DID buy this for my oldest niece (don't want the younger ones choking on the cherries!)