Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Death Penalty

Mammy Guest
    The death penalty itself isn't what is so expensive, it's the years of appeals and lawyers doing everything they can to prolong a case until they have squeezed every last cent they can manage out of it. They sure aren't going to bat for these people out of the goodness of their hearts. Before Illinois abolished the death penalty, Christopher Vaughn was facing execution for shooting his wife and three children to death in 2007. His lawyers fought over every little detail and had all this testing and expert opinions done and they had access to a special state fund that pays for these things, so they drug it out as long as possible. Lo and behold, Pat Quinn abolishes the death penalty and the state funds for it are no longer there and what happens? Vaughn's lawyers left the case they had worked on for years and new lawyers had to take over which has added another year to the wait for a trial and it still hasn't been resolved. They hauled ass as soon as the funds disappeared. The state of Washington is seeking the death penalty against Michele Anderson and Joseph McEnroe for killing Michele's parents, brother, sister-in-law, niece, and nephew on Christmas Eve 2007. They have gone through multiple attornies, multiple competency exams, and the lawyers are now arguing over who will be tried first. The blood sucking lawyers are what makes the death penalty so expensive.

pwem Guest
    That's right, mammy. While the lawyers line their pockets......

radiojane Guest
    I beg to differ Mammy:

The greatest costs associated with the death penalty occur prior to and during trial, not in post-conviction proceedings. Even if all post-conviction proceedings (appeals) were abolished, the death penalty would still be more expensive than alternative sentences
    http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/i...h-penalty-cost

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post

You dont have to agree with me, but my point is there is something wrong with a system that thinks 2000 exonerations is ok. And thats just the ones we know about. Innocnets have been executed.

One is too many
    Terribly wrong is an understatement.

I just don't understand why people support it. No matter how you break it down, if somebody supports the death penalty, they are saying it is acceptable that innocent people will sometimes be killed. It is a completely flawed system and there's a reason America is basically alone on this issue.

I don't even understand what the death penalty does. All it looks like to me is revenge. Unless somebody can enlighten me...? because I know it doesn't save money (it does the opposite) and it doesn't make anybody any safer. What else is there?
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

Forever-27 Guest
    James Crummel, whose sat on Californias death row at San Quentin Prison whose been waiting to die since 1979 killed himself yesterday. He was convicted of sexually abusing , snapping the neck , then burnig the body of a 12 year old boy in Los Angeles.

Somehow he was able to twist his prison shirt into a knot and hung himself in his prison cell.

This is a good thing since its one less piece of crap I'm paying to keep alive.
    Last edited by Forever-27; 05-31-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Mammy Guest
    What took him so damn long? I remember watching a crime show about Jamey Trotter a long time ago.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci...ged?source=rss

At least this low-life had the decency (and minimal at that!) to spare the taxpayers the expense of endless appeal after appeal. I'm sure that wasn't his intentions, after all, it does get a little tiresome being gang-raped week after week ("The train, the train!) in one of the worst prisons in America. I'm sure he was thinking only of himself, and realizing that his situation was pretty hopeless at his advanced age, no longer being able to control his bowels from the constant reaming he received from fellow inmates, and that death is preferable to a life in diapers! Well, one can wish that's his reasoning... Yep! Works for me!

Forever-27 Guest
    Proof positive, that idiot sat on death row for what .... 33 years ? I refuse to buy into that stuff that it costs less to keep him there then to strap him on a gurney and pump a few seconds of leathel toxins into his system. I'm sorry , the arguement just dosent have any merit. He should have been exterminated decades ago.

Ive never been a supporter of the death penalty. I became a reporter shortly before Ted Bundy´s execution, and was horrified that day. Not so much by the execution, but by the gleeful antics of people that day. Ted Bundy was evil personified, and he did not deserve to walk the earth. But it was the actions of the people that day that sickened me. When someone has to be executed, it shouldnt be a joyful thing, in my opinion. It should be a sorrowful occasion, that someone has done something so horrible they have to die for it. I could never celebrate or rejoice about any death. I am just sad that that person caused their own death by their actions. In the past when I have remarked about being anti-death penalty to people, they told me that I would think differently if I had a loved one who was murdered. Well three years ago, my boyfriend, a police officer was shot and killed in the line of duty. His killer was never caught. Should he be, and if he were sentenced to die (although there is no death penalty here) I would not rejoice in his death. It wouldnt bring Jose back. And it would just cause more hurt, and sorrow and pain. I wouldnt wish that on anyone. Not even the killers family. I absolutely want this person off the streets and locked away forever. But killing him wouldnt erase my pain. Nothing can ever do that.

radiojane Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Proof positive, that idiot sat on death row for what .... 33 years ? I refuse to buy into that stuff that it costs less to keep him there then to strap him on a gurney and pump a few seconds of leathel toxins into his system. I'm sorry , the arguement just dosent have any merit. He should have been exterminated decades ago.
    I would strongly suggest you research it. This isn't just an argument that's been pulled out of someone's ass. The math has been done. Your state reps' offices can get you the information if you don't trust the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachamama View Post
    Ive never been a supporter of the death penalty. I became a reporter shortly before Ted Bundy´s execution, and was horrified that day. Not so much by the execution, but by the gleeful antics of people that day. Ted Bundy was evil personified, and he did not deserve to walk the earth. But it was the actions of the people that day that sickened me. When someone has to be executed, it shouldnt be a joyful thing, in my opinion. It should be a sorrowful occasion, that someone has done something so horrible they have to die for it. I could never celebrate or rejoice about any death. I am just sad that that person caused their own death by their actions. In the past when I have remarked about being anti-death penalty to people, they told me that I would think differently if I had a loved one who was murdered. Well three years ago, my boyfriend, a police officer was shot and killed in the line of duty. His killer was never caught. Should he be, and if he were sentenced to die (although there is no death penalty here) I would not rejoice in his death. It wouldnt bring Jose back. And it would just cause more hurt, and sorrow and pain. I wouldnt wish that on anyone. Not even the killers family. I absolutely want this person off the streets and locked away forever. But killing him wouldnt erase my pain. Nothing can ever do that.
    Exactly. People that find executions a joyous or gleeful thing scare me almost as much as the criminals do.

pwem Guest
    Radiojane is correct. If you do a little research you will indeed find that the death penalty costs more than just to keep him incarcerated for life.

I didn't believe it at first either.

Nelliebean Guest
    It's always been cheaper to keep them alive. Someone will now say that the appeal process is too long and expensive.

Darn! If we could only go back to the good ol' days of dragging them out of jail and stringing them up!

Last edited by Nelliebean; 06-01-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Town Without Pity Guest
    I am a fence sitter on this subject as I have lost 2 people in my family due to pieces of scum. Each time the justice system let us down, one just plain got away with it because the "law allows some evidence to not be used", I'm sorry but if the person had killed another person the exact same way the Jury should know that. Witness's were to scared to speak up...3 trials and they finally just decided to let the case go as still open because all 3 trials the jury could not agree. The Justice system sucks but I don't have a way to fix it. The other person was killed by someone who had 14 DUI's and still had a liscense to drive a semi...he did that alright and drove straight into uncoming traffic and hit my family member and 3 others head on. He walked away of course. His sentence, 25 years....he was out in 2. Something is wrong with this picture. As others have said, the death penalty would not bring my loved ones back and I personally would rather have them rot in a cell with nothing. I also know there are innocent men in prison and some have gotten the death penalty, so I had always been against it...but I admitt there have been times that I have thought they should just be dead. They may deserve it, but thier familys don't...but then I think there are some to evil they shouldn't live...lol....left then right, right then left...lol Fence Sitter.

Mammy Guest
    This is the kind of bullshit that makes the death penalty so expensive. This crime is 4 and a half years old with no definite end in sight and 4.9 million dollars has already been wasted on these worthless bags of shit so far and much more will be spent before it's over. I don't give a damn what the attornies say, 4.9 million dollars is excessive and unnecessary and there is no reason for the money to be wasted on two evil idiots who confessed and gave vivid details of the crime. These lawyers are drawing this case out as long as possible just to line their pockets with as much money as they can manage to get hold of. Meanwhile, the other family members of these six murdered victims are still hanging in limbo waiting for these two to be tried. It's obscene.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...ecosts02m.html

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    Actually, partially. But wrongful convictions are based on snitch testimony, bad lawyering, eyewitness testimony and sloppy police work/forensic work.

Very few if any are actually racist cops or bad juries

The arguement that no system is foolproof really is not valid in a case like this. Wrongful convictions can and will happen, but when youre dealing with someones life, its just not ok to say well toss out a few with the bathwater.

The DP should be abolished since innocents can and have been executed. If its even one, its too many. If its not foolproof across the board, it shouldnt be used.
    Totally this!

I have to also agree that even one wrongful execution is completely unacceptable. I mean...can you comprehend being either the person due to get executed, or a member of their family in a situation like that?

What right does someone have to take your life for something that you didn't even do, just because someone made a monumental cock-up somewhere along the line?

Quote Originally Posted by The Killing Floor View Post
    Totally this!

I have to also agree that even one wrongful execution is completely unacceptable. I mean...can you comprehend being either the person due to get executed, or a member of their family in a situation like that?

What right does someone have to take your life for something that you didn't even do, just because someone made a monumental cock-up somewhere along the line?
    I agree, but I also can't imagine knowing some POS that killed one of my loved ones gets life while his victim lost her life. No execution does not resurrect the dead, but if you take a life in cold blood then you deserve to die.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    No execution does not resurrect the dead, but if you take a life in cold blood then you deserve to die.
    Why?

There have been executions where i've thought "good". There have been some that i've been mortified by. I think as a "civilized" country, we shouldn't be executing our citizens. Although if someone were to murder someone I dearly loved, I have no doubt that I personally would try to kill them myself.

Redbelle Guest
    The way I look at the death penalty is this: I've been driven to anger many times in life. I've felt such venomous hatred for some people that I've wanted to make them suffer in every way shape and form. Eventually though, I come back to my senses, and not only am I more philosophical about the situation and much less angry, I'm also ashamed of my behavior and complete inability to show compassion or just be the bigger person.

An eye for an eye usually feels better than turn the other cheek. But I don't think it makes for a good human being or a good society. And when you throw in the possibility of taking the life of an innocent? Cut the current please. Turn of the gas. Throw away the rope. Just can't do it. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    Why?
    Because revenge is the best way to get even.--Archie Bunker.
    Last edited by cindyt; 06-09-2012 at 11:16 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    It may sound simplistic, but I just don't think uncivilized people deserve to be treated in a civilized way. Why have any special consideration for people who know the things they are doing are wrong, yet they choose to do them anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    It may sound simplistic, but I just don't think uncivilized people deserve to be treated in a civilized way. Why have any special consideration for people who know the things they are doing are wrong, yet they choose to do them anyway?
    Exactly.

I went to school with a girl (couple grades ahead of me) who was murdered by a serial killer (but it was before serial killer was coined, before Gacy, Bundy, etc.). She would come in and eat at the greasy spoon where I worked in 1970. Beautiful, longlegged blond. She graduated from high school and moved Atlanta, got a job as Go-Go Girl in a club. And that's where the killer saw her, as far as anyone can say.

He was a member of the Outlaw motorcycle gang, handle of Santa Claus. He kidnapped her, raped her, murdered her, and threw her near a rural dumpster as if she were a piece of garbage. It was one of those cases where LE knew who did it but did not have evidence enough for probable cause. By the time they fingered him he was already in prison for slaughtering another girl.

The case is unsolved today. Some years after it happened it was reviewed in an article about cases where LE knew who the culprit was but couldn't prove it. I thought a lot of this gal. We were not friends but you can't go to school with someone for years and years and wait on their table without developing some kind of emotion for them. She wasn't perfect, but she didn't deserve to die like that.

So, see, I know someone who was murdered in cold blood and I do wish they had put him through the system and fried his POS ass. I think her murder is one reason I believe in capitol punishment.
    Last edited by cindyt; 06-09-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

It may sound simplistic, but I just don't think uncivilized people deserve to be treated in a civilized way.
    But that's what makes us better than them. Do not sink to their level.

Mammy Guest
    Eh, I'm already better than them. I work hard, pay my bills, don't bother anyone, have never raped or stabbed anyone to death. Their own actions put them where they are and if they are sentenced to death, that's on them and not me. I've never killed anyone personally, but I don't feel evil for supporting the execution of people who make no positive contribution to society and are a neverending drain on resources that could be going to worthwhile causes instead of a bunch of criminals. That money could be used for schools or community projects that benefit law abiding citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    But that's what makes us better than them. Do not sink to their level.
    Eh, I'm already better than them. I work hard, pay my bills, don't bother anyone, have never raped or stabbed anyone to death. Their own actions put them where they are and if they are sentenced to death, that's on them and not me. I've never killed anyone personally, but I don't feel evil for supporting the execution of people who make no positive contribution to society and are a neverending drain on resources that could be going to worthwhile causes instead of a bunch of criminals. That money could be used for schools or community projects that benefit law abiding citizens.
    Lethal injection is not the same as kidnapping, raping, and butchering someone.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    You're right, lethal injection is the consequence of kidnapping, raping, and butchering someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbelle View Post
    The way I look at the death penalty is this: I've been driven to anger many times in life. I've felt such venomous hatred for some people that I've wanted to make them suffer in every way shape and form. Eventually though, I come back to my senses, and not only am I more philosophical about the situation and much less angry, I'm also ashamed of my behavior and complete inability to show compassion or just be the bigger person.

An eye for an eye usually feels better than turn the other cheek. But I don't think it makes for a good human being or a good society. And when you throw in the possibility of taking the life of an innocent? Cut the current please. Turn of the gas. Throw away the rope. Just can't do it. Nope. Nope. Nope.
    Eye for an eye or turn the other cheek...

Neither strictly held to would create a utopian society. Nor does either create a good or bad human being in itself. There must be a mix tempered by majority opinion of society (including juries) for the world to function properly and for people to feel the best decision is made.

I wouldn't turn the other cheek if a family member or friend was murdered. But I wouldn't go vigilante either. There's only been a few people who I've felt consistently throughout my thought process should die for their crimes. Most of them are dead now. Others are waiting to die. Some are killing themselves due to having no one to inflict their mental illness on but themselves through the isolation that prison/being caught/paying the fiddler brings.

I'm not thrilled to have to pay for the Richard Ramirezes or Charles Mansons in this country's jails to be sitting around making pot holders or whatever in jail. But they aren't running around doing whatever they please either. The court and penal systems also employ people. With our taxes BUT see, it's not all bad, now is it folks? We yank the criminals we can off the streets, put them in jail, some will fry, some will die there. The combination of evidence investigation available these days and the appeals process helping innocent folks be set free at times. Cemwnting guilty verdicts in others. A big shitpile of paper and everything else. But it's the best system we've been able to come up with as a group so far.

Forever-27 Guest
    Its not a matter of being better then them, or sinking to their level. If you take a persons life, you don't deserve to walk on this earth or breath the same air as I do.

The only solution to murderers , rapists, or child molesters is their extermination. Its getting rid of the problem , these people have no purpose in society and the world is much better off without them in it. They cannot be reformed and won't ever change.

And yes, I am better then they are. I'm a person , they are animals.
    Last edited by Forever-27; 06-10-2012 at 09:57 PM.

but I don't feel evil for supporting the execution of people who make no positive contribution to society and are a neverending drain on resources that could be going to worthwhile causes instead of a bunch of criminals. That money could be used for schools or community projects that benefit law abiding citizens.
    Then you should be in favor of sentencing them to life in prison because it's cheaper.

You're right, lethal injection is the consequence of kidnapping, raping, and butchering someone.
    ... in a hypocritical, barbaric justice syetem, yes, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Lethal injection is not the same as kidnapping, raping, and butchering someone.
    Simalure in the cases of the hundreds (maybe thousands?) of innocent people your country has executed because of a flawed system based solely on emotions. It is flawed logically and statistically. Those are facts.

To me, waiting to die for a crime i did not commit for years and years and years.. living with it every single minute of the day, is a far more terrifying prospect than being kidnapped and murdered.
    Last edited by beep; 06-10-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Mammy Guest
    You have your opinion and we have ours. Fortunately for you, Canada doesn't have the death penalty, so you have nothing to worry about. I bet Tori Stafford's parents wish the death penalty was an option, because those two beasts who terrified, tortured, and murdered that sweet little girl earned it ten fold.

Redbelle Guest
    I don't think it's a system based solely on emotions, but it's maybe based on an outdated moral code.... but then again, if it has support, obviously it's not outdated... excuse my stream of consciousness lol

I read somewhere that approval/support for the death penalty in Canada is higher than it's been in a long time. I think it was a fluff piece released around the time of the "honor killings" up there. The piece seemed to claim that the support was voiced mostly in cases such as that one, where immigrants were doing the killing. I'm gonna go see if I can find it.

This isn't it... but the article mentions that a recent poll showed growing support
    http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&..._ZGhRw&cad=rja

Its not a matter of being better then them, or sinking to their level. If you take a persons life, you don't deserve to walk on this earth or breath the same air as I do.

The only solution to murderers , rapists, or child molesters is their extermination. Its getting rid of the problem , these people have no purpose in society and the world is much better off without them in it. They cannot be reformed and won't ever change.Well said.....just the thought of wasting millions of dollars to keep those ass maggots incarcerated makes me sick! I don't feel a bit sorry for them it clearly was their choice to do what they did and now we should take pity on them? don't think so. And your right they are animals it's just too bad they don't get treated in the same manner. God forbid a dog bites someone it immediately gets euthanized for fear it may bite again.

And yes, I am better then they are. I'm a person , they are animals.

@Forever-27.......I don't know what happened but my reply to your post above somehow got mixed together with yours. My reply started with well said.... about half way through. Sorry about any confusion this caused on your part.

rjbrasher Guest
    i been reading all kinds of shit the past few days and my crazy morbid ass keeps asking myself, and figured maybe someone knows,

Why don't they film any executions? or do they and they hide the vids with in the prison? I never seen a lethal injection, gas chamber or electric chair execution. ive seen the hangings and such from over seas, but why not the other stuff? I figured something would be leaked out by now, but im sure security is boo koo tight when your in there to watch them die

Forever-27 Guest
    Didn't they record timothy mcvey while the excuted him ? I vaugely remember talk about how he glared at the people watching on ? The Oklaholma City bombing happened so long ago I don't remember all the details, but I think they did record him in the final minutes. Here in California there was talk of televising excutions, thinking it may help detour crime. That was decades ago and went nowhere. On the November vootorr ballot there will be a measure to ban the death penality. All 700 plus people on death row now would get their sentences changed to life without parole.

Mammy Guest
    Timothy McVeigh's execution was shown on televisions set up where the families of the loved ones could witness the execution if they chose to. There was so many people there because of there being so many victims and all of them couldn't fit where the witnesses normally sit to observe the executions. The execution wasn't actually recorded, it was just shown on the televisions set up in the rooms where the witnesses were.

Timothy McVeigh's execution was shown on televisions set up where the families of the loved ones could witness the execution if they chose to. There was so many people there because of there being so many victims and all of them couldn't fit where the witnesses normally sit to observe the executions. The execution wasn't actually recorded, it was just shown on the televisions set up in the rooms where the witnesses were.
    I know there's quite a few SCUMBAGS that should be on death row and I'd be tickled shit less to have a front row seat and watch.

You have your opinion and we have ours. Fortunately for you, Canada doesn't have the death penalty, so you have nothing to worry about. I bet Tori Stafford's parents wish the death penalty was an option, because those two beasts who terrified, tortured, and murdered that sweet little girl earned it ten fold.
    I'm from Canada, wish we had the death penalty, and wish the animals who took Tori's life could be killed tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jacksmum Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
    I'm from Canada, wish we had the death penalty, and wish the animals who took Tori's life could be killed tomorrow.
    Right on Finnegan!

If the person who murdered my boyfriend was caught I would prefer life in prison without parole to the death penalty. Life in prison, and it´s done. With the death penalty the family of the victim has to suffer through, and sometimes testify at appeal, after appeal. Reporters calls when the execution draws near, and again when it is postponed. It never ends and it can go on for decades. It was frickin hell when my boyfriend was killed. I found out by hearing it on the radio(he was a cop, shot in the line of duty). I have relived what happened to him over, and over and over again in my mind. I can only imagine if his killer were sentenced to death and I had to hear the details played out repeatedly in court, then appeals court, and in the press each time the execution date drew closer...and usually there are numerous execution dates. I get physically ill every time I have to hear what happened to my baby. I cried every day for two and a half years. I cant even begin to imagine what it has been like for his nine year old son. And what a drawn out death penalty sentence would do to him. I just want the guy in prison, and gone...never to be heard from again. Kill him, and the pain for him is over. Put him in prison in a restricted situation, and he suffers for decades maybe.

Forever-27 Guest
    Your a forgiving person. To allow the killer live after he murdered somebody close to you. I'm not forgiving like that.

The only closure id have is knowing the one who had to take a life is knowing he's no longer around , remorseful, laughing or otherwise.

Mammy Guest
    Finnegan, thank you for that since you are from Canada. I'm sure some of our fellow posters from Canada who don't agree with the death penalty think I'm cold hearted and cruel. I know a lot of people think that LWOP is the worst sentence and the death penalty is the easy way out for the criminal, but I'm not sure all criminals view it like that. How many cases have we heard that the defendant entered into a plea agreement to keep the prosecutors from seeking the death penalty against them? They didn't care what kind of misery and torture they inflicted on their victims, but they'll agree to most anything to keep from being executed. They aren't so tough when it's their life being threatened. Tori Stafford's murder was so horrible and reading the details made me queasy. Those miserable assholes deserve to be executed and I see Finnegan and Jacksmum agree.

Pachamama, I definitely see your point, too. Just look how many years Sharon Tate's family and the family of Collette, Kimberley, and Kristen McDonald have been fighting to keep the killers behind bars. These crimes are over forty years old and it's still an ongoing process to see justice for their murdered loved ones. They must get so tired of the constant reminders.

Nightdiva, I can think of several death row inmates who I won't shed a tear for when they are gone. I really wouldn't want to witness the execution. Just knowing they are gone is enough for me. I was so glad when Oba Chandler's sorry ass finally got what he deserved. It sure took long enough.
    Last edited by Mammy; 06-19-2012 at 04:55 PM.

rjbrasher Guest
    If someone killed someone dear to me, i rather kill them myself and watch the soul leave their eyes. Fuckers. If your rape, torture and kill, then it should be coming back to them ten fold. I am so tired of this black and white shit, fuck it i like gray! I like outside of the box. Why should these asshats kick back in prison watch cable tv, finish their education ....when my child, aunt, father..etc could be finishing their college degrees, collecting their pay check, playing with their grandkids. NO they took that from them, why the fuck do they get a "vacation"

Sorry if you fuck with me and my family, your going down! Like team dad! the one that kicked the child molester ass til dead that was raping his daughter good for him!, cause you know the fuck nut rapist wouldnt be in prison/jail long and out trying to poke it to someone else. good riddence
    Last edited by rjbrasher; 06-20-2012 at 02:24 AM.

heaven01uk Guest
    I wish we had the death penalty over here in the UK. Instead we just let out our rapists, child molesters and murderers, give them a new identity and a whole new wonderful life. Meanwhile the victims and their families get fuck all, it's backwards and wrong.

I´m not forgiving at all. I dont forgive the murderer, but with the death penalty system the way it is, families have to re-live their loved one´s murders over, and over again. Every time there is an appeal, every time the execution date draws near, its back to court for, or the media talks about it and reviews the crime in detail. It took my boyfriend hours to die after being shot. He suffered. I dont want to hear about it over, and over, and over again. I wouldnt want to hear the bleeding hearts appeals for the murderers life over and over again. I dream about what I would do to the killer if given the chance. But I refuse to let this person change who I am and make me a bitter, vengeful, hateful person. If they catch him, you can bet that I will be at every court appearance, every appeal, etc. But I wont let it take over my life. I refuse to give him that much power. I would rather the murderer be put in prison for life with no chance of parole, and forgotten, in some crappy prison where the food is invested with bugs, no mattresses, no TV, etc, etc.

Forever-27 Guest
    See that's where we disagree. I see the flat cold cement without a matrress , bug infested food and omg no Tv as too good for someone who murders someone, rapes a woman or molests children. A lot oof these people aren't remorseful for what they did. Just don't care. Probably even more so since your loved one was a cop. Killing a cop gives him bragging rights. So I doubt he lives with the killing on his consious much. Sorry for me at least the only the debt to society can be paid is with the murderers life.

I dont disagree with you. What I dislike is the death penalty process and the years of appeals, and stays of executions that each time make the loved ones of the victim re-live the crime over and over again. Because of that, I prefer life in prison, where they go away, and you dont have to hear the interviews with the guy about how he´s changed and found God. The death penalty system has so many flaws that people end up on death row for decades. If the sytem were changed and there werent five thousand appeals and stays and postponments, then I would probably change my mind. I dont live in the states, and the law is a bit different here. I dont know for sure, but I feel that perhaps, the guy was caught by my boyfriend´s fellow cops, and dealt with outside of the system. And I am totally okay with that.

Redbelle Guest
    See that's where we disagree. I see the flat cold cement without a matrress , bug infested food and omg no Tv as too good for someone who murders someone, rapes a woman or molests children. A lot oof these people aren't remorseful for what they did. Just don't care. Probably even more so since your loved one was a cop. Killing a cop gives him bragging rights. So I doubt he lives with the killing on his consious much. Sorry for me at least the only the debt to society can be paid is with the murderers life.
    Some would say that you're showing more mercy than those that want the criminal incarcerated permanently, as their suffering will end at death.

49. 11-17-2012, 12:00 PM

Forever-27 Guest
    The suffering wouldnt end with killing the person who murdered , but it may, may bring some sort of closure to the people left behind to pick up the pieces. Somebody that rapes a woman, likes to touch kids, or kills another person dosent deserve to breath the same air as I do. Show them no mercy, just as they showed no mercy to the person they took the life of, or the little kid who will be scared for life forever from being sexually molested , or the woman who will be forever be afarid of men becuase this person had to force himself upon her sexually.
    Im sorry thats just how I think it should be.

This messed up state of mine here, California had an election this past week. Among all the things that we should have voted for but didnt , the voters decided to keep Californias death penality. The leathel injection death chamber at San Quentin Prison lives on Even tho we havent killed anybody for about 15 years

Mammy Guest
    If California ever does get the executions going, they should start on Wes Shermantine after getting all of the information out of him about the locations of his victim's remains. Richard Allen Davis can be second.