Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 132021222324 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 1181

Thread: The Death Penalty

Finally. Nasty bastard.

Goodbye, fuckface!!!!!! Good riddance!!!!! Heaven? Nope. You're going down under, and I don't mean Australia, either. Deuces!
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

gothicgrave Guest
    Ban death penalty

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Bye bye, bastard!
    LMAO!! Dunno why but that made me laugh. Check this out. Hilarious shit. "Gotta Go! Gotta Go!!"

Mammy Guest
    OMG, that made me laugh hard!

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    LMAO!! Dunno why but that made me laugh. Check this out. Hilarious shit. "Gotta Go! Gotta Go!!"

ROFL!!!! Love it!!!!

"I just go here!"

That was funny stew. "Gotta Go Gotta Go!"
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I couldn't find the video for it. I guess I can show ya the entire special and tell ya the time he starts the death penalty stuff. 100 times funnier seeing it. Robin died way too young Do yourself a favor and watch the whole thing. You'll cry laughing the whole time!! The death penalty stuff starts at 11:00

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Oh hell no. They injected her with drain cleaner!!!!!! NO PAROLE BITCH. You kidnapped a CHILD and helped kill her.
    That is one of the worst crimes I've ever heard of! Holy shit, they raped her, shot her, put drain cleaner in her, AND pushed her off a cliff? Let me at that bitch or her stupid husband!

"Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

Mammy Guest

Nowereman Guest
    I think its a good idea if you want revenge, but its not a deterrent because people still kill people no matter where they live, in a place where there is the death penalty or not, if someone killed a loved one of mine Id want them dead.

It's playing to emotion and that has no place in any discussion such as the death penalty or any punishment for that matter. If somebody killed my friend or family memeber, of course I'd want them dead... and that is precisely why my opinion should not be taken into consideration in that situation.

Logic trumps emotion every time. Death penalty = Revenge, More expensive, kills innocent people, and is hypocritical. I've never seen a single argument that supports it that makes any sense other than a plea to emotion.

If you support the death penalty, you support the murder of the odd innocent person. There's no avoiding it. That alone should be enough to abolish it. You can't bring innocent people back to life, but can release them from a life sentence.
    Last edited by beep; 01-23-2015 at 12:28 PM.
    "Death has come to your little town, Sheriff." -Dr. Loomis

Mammy Guest
    Death penalty=Punishment, the person executed is being punished for murdering someone and will never have the opportunity to murder anyone else.

Absolutely Mammy. I'd bee with beep on the argument about innocents being killed with the death penalty. That's why for many years I was against the death penalty. However now we can say to a 100% certainty someone is guilty. So let em die. Punishment DOES have a place in a court of law. I'm all for rehabilitation for non-violent offenders, but people getting the death penalty are not those people.

Take the Luke Magnotta case in Canada that's going on right now. No doubt of his guilt. Murdered, mutilated, and chopped up another human being on camera and posting it for all to see. For nothing at all other than his own amusement. Why should that animal be allowed to live while the innocent person he so viciously and sadistically killed will never breathe again? Society shouldn't have to justify killing this animal. He should try to justify his life. You justify it beep. Justify it to the victims family and friends.

beep if you're worried about the expense I have the answer. The reason it's more expensive to give a person death is because we give them unlimited appeals and house them for decades after their sentence. It's lawyer and court time that is the expense. So we stop giving them unlimited appeals and start killing them within a year of their sentence. Of course these could be waived if a person has legit reasons for appeal. But 99% of these appeals are nonsense that are allowed because a certain percentage of the judge's and lawmakers are against the death penalty so allow the sham.

Mammy Guest
    Absolutely Mammy. I'd bee with beep on the argument about innocents being killed with the death penalty. That's why for many years I was against the death penalty. However now we can say to a 100% certainty someone is guilty. So let em die. Punishment DOES have a place in a court of law. I'm all for rehabilitation for non-violent offenders, but people getting the death penalty are not those people.

Take the Luke Magnotta case in Canada that's going on right now. No doubt of his guilt. Murdered, mutilated, and chopped up another human being on camera and posting it for all to see. For nothing at all other than his own amusement. Why should that animal be allowed to live while the innocent person he so viciously and sadistically killed will never breathe again? Society shouldn't have to justify killing this animal. He should try to justify his life. You justify it beep. Justify it to the victims family and friends.

beep if you're worried about the expense I have the answer. The reason it's more expensive to give a person death is because we give them unlimited appeals and house them for decades after their sentence. It's lawyer and court time that is the expense. So we stop giving them unlimited appeals and start killing them within a year of their sentence. Of course these could be waived if a person has legit reasons for appeal. But 99% of these appeals are nonsense that are allowed because a certain percentage of the judge's and lawmakers are against the death penalty so allow the sham.
    The lawyers are exactly what drive the costs up in death penalty cases. There is a trial going on in Washington right now for a man named Joseph McEnroe. He and his live in girlfriend ambushed her family on Christmas Eve of 2007 and murdered them with gunshots to the head. They killed her father, mother, brother, sister-in-law, five year old niece, and three year old nephew. They are being tried separately and his trial just started this past week after over seven years of delays brought about by lawyers for multiple competency hearings, whether they should be charged with the death penalty, the girlfriend firing her lawyers multiple times, etc. There is absolutely no doubt of their guilt. They both confessed in gruesome detail to the murders, the cleanup afterwards, the motive, the last words and actions of the victims, and much more. The sister-in-law begged for her children not to be murdered and he shot the little boy point blank in the head as she held him clutched to her chest. Pieces of his skull with hair still attached were found embedded in her chest. They've never denied killing everyone or expressed any remorse. They should have been tried, sentenced, and executed a long time ago. Nearly ten million dollars had been spent on the case before the first trial ever began and it's still months away from her trial starting. Their lawyers know they are guilty as sin, but couldn't resist milking the system as long as possible. That in itself should be a crime.

They should have a "Quick Lane" for cases where there is no reasonable doubt. Save the appeals for when there might be a reasonable doubt. Gotta Go, Gotta Go!

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    They should have a "Quick Lane" for cases where there is no reasonable doubt. Save the appeals for when there might be a reasonable doubt. Gotta Go, Gotta Go!
    Maybe an express lane?

"If more than three people saw you do what you did, you don't sit on death row for fifteen years, Jack, you go to the front of the line. Some states are trying to abolish the death penalty. My state's puttin' in an express lane!"

~~~~Ron White, who is from Texas

"I just go here!"

Mammy Guest
    I just can't understand how people can hear about some of these horrific cases and think the death penalty is not appropriate. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and I respect that, but even death by execution is far more humane than the deaths these evil beasts inflict on their victims. There is no punishment bad enough for someone who shoots a three year old in the head who is looking right into his eyes while the child's mother is begging and pleading for their lives. Just this past week, Kentucky's longest serving prisoner died in prison after being there 54 years! Taxpayers shouldn't have to pay to keep a murderer alive in prison for 54 years. There's no excuse for it.

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Maybe an express lane?

"If more than three people saw you do what you did, you don't sit on death row for fifteen years, Jack, you go to the front of the line. Some states are trying to abolish the death penalty. My state's puttin' in an express lane!"

~~~~Ron White, who is from Texas
    You got me. That's where the idea come from. That guy makes me laugh 'till I can't breathe.

You got me. That's where the idea come from. That guy makes me laugh 'till I can't breathe.
    Me, too. All of the Blue Collar Boys, actually, make me laugh till I can't breathe.

Some of these crimes, though, death is the only punishment fitting. Especially assholes who rape children. They deserve to die. After they are castrated.

"I just go here!"

People that kill children, and I consider sexual abuse of a young'un death of a child hood shouldn't make it to the main jail. Have a factory set up to process them to hog chow. Good protein for a pig when it's eaten' long pig.

"They be talkin bout, 'I killed all those people cuz I'm crazy'... yeah? well I'm a lil crazy too. have a seat!" TCH!! "Gotta go Gotta go!"

In principle I'm against the death penalty. But as George Orwell said, there are some people who are so dangerous that it's irresponsible to keep them alive. And a few crimes are so horrific and inhuman that I really can't stay iron-clad in my opposition to executing the perpetrators.

Just this past week, Kentucky's longest serving prisoner died in prison after being there 54 years! Taxpayers shouldn't have to pay to keep a murderer alive in prison for 54 years. There's no excuse for it.
    Believe it or not, it's cheaper to imprison someone for 54 years than execute them.

Rosebud666 Guest
    "They be talkin bout, 'I killed all those people cuz I'm crazy'... yeah? well I'm a lil crazy too. have a seat!" TCH!! "Gotta go Gotta go!"
    Still not laughing about the death penalty, except for comedians with catchphrases, unless those comedians are British.

Jodi Arias comes to mind immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    Jodi Arias comes to mind immediately.
    Can we have her hold hands with Dennis Lynn Rader, the BTK killer? He's been in jail since 2005, can't believe another inmate hasn't knocked him off yet.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Jodi Arias is who comes to mind? Brain spins and not understanding .. Ok then. Jodi Arias??

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud666 View Post
    Still not laughing about the death penalty, except for comedians with catchphrases, unless those comedians are British.
    British form of capital punishment?....... Dentistry!!!! Shaboing! Shaboing!! Zip Zip ZEEEEEEEEEEEEP!! Jokes!!!

Rosebud666 Guest
    British form of capital punishment?....... Dentistry!!!! Shaboing! Shaboing!! Zip Zip ZEEEEEEEEEEEEP!! Jokes!!!
    BLAMMO . . . Caribou goooooorrrn.

32. 01-25-2015, 07:16 PM

I have always been on the fence when it comes to the death penalty, and the biggest reason is Cameron Todd Willingham, I think he was executed for a crime he didn't commit. As someone commented earlier, it is actually cheaper for us to house them the rest of their miserable lives than to execute them, but I'm never sorry to see the guilty ones (Ted Bundy, Timothy McVeigh) go. I know if I had to be caged forever I would want death.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    I have always been on the fence when it comes to the death penalty, and the biggest reason is Cameron Todd Willingham, I think he was executed for a crime he didn't commit. As someone commented earlier, it is actually cheaper for us to house them the rest of their miserable lives than to execute them, but I'm never sorry to see the guilty ones (Ted Bundy, Timothy McVeigh) go. I know if I had to be caged forever I would want death.
    Cameron Todd Willingham's case just eats me up. I am completely convinced of his innocence. The more the state tries to keep information from coming out, the guiltier they look and the more innocent he looks. Rick Perry is a douchebag.

Death penalty=Punishment, the person executed is being punished for murdering someone and will never have the opportunity to murder anyone else.
    exactly well said

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by suzycreamcheese1 View Post
    exactly well said
    Thank you! Some cases really are that simple. If there is plenty of evidence that proves a person's guilt, I have no problem with the death penalty at all.

The problem with giving life is that killers have been known to commit murders in prison. Even though the person being killed is a felon, the State has a responsibility to make sure they're kept safe. If someone continues to kill even in prison, then that person has earned the right to be executed. Some crimes deserve the ultimate punishment.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Mammy Guest
    This article isn't very new, but I had never seen it, so it was new to me. It is heart breaking to read, but tells about the feelings of a murdered little girl's family after waiting 32 years for her confessed murderer to finally be executed.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/re...h-penalty-laws

This article isn't very new, but I had never seen it, so it was new to me. It is heart breaking to read, but tells about the feelings of a murdered little girl's family after waiting 32 years for her confessed murderer to finally be executed.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/re...h-penalty-laws
    That is very heartbreaking, she fought so hard. Damn.

I don't get the 32 year wait.

Looks like Oklahoma is going to make good on a sentence today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Wednesday.html
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post

They didn't. Jagoff got a last minute stay.

I'm kind of thinking it's not "necessary"; and that's a big change in thinking for me.

Not that some people don't deserve it (IMO); but that it's not really needed as a form of punishment.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

human Guest
    it was the first thing South Africa disposed of, when it threw away the chains of apartheid

I wasn't horribly surprised. Its not like I dance around being happy when its time for someone to die but I'm not disappointed when it happens either.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I'm kind of thinking it's not "necessary"; and that's a big change in thinking for me.

Not that some people don't deserve it (IMO); but that it's not really needed as a form of punishment.
    I understand how you could feel this way. I try to feel the same way, but in some cases, I still feel that its an absolute necessity.
    Minerva

human Guest
    personally i believe the state/or the individual should never have the power to kick anyone off the planet ... and i can't think of an exception that could of been prevented by treating underlying factors ... but nor do i believe in passive resistance to evil, as there are many fates worse than death
    Last edited by human; 09-17-2015 at 01:49 AM.

I know it's not a deterrent. That doesn't make me not believe in it though. I agree that it's probably not necessary, but I still think sometimes it's the best alternative. Personally I see a difference in ending someone's life for your own pleasure or gain and ending it because they have done something horrible. They are not equal to me, just like killing someone for fun and killing someone for self defense is different. And no I am not equating the death penalty with self defense, I am just disagreeing with those who say murder is murder is murder.

The only thing that would make me change my mind is if those in prison for life got the bare minimum to sustain life, water, food, a bed. No getting your degree, no TV, no visits from your family. No getting married and especially no conjugal visits. These are all the things they chose to take away from someone else (and their loved ones) when they chose to kill them, so it's ridiculous for us to pay for them to continue to have even the smallest pleasures in life. Sit in your cell, by yourself and if you want any pictures or letters they can be of your victims and from their families reminding you how much you've taken from them.

ktkatinmn Guest
    ^^^ THIS!!!

Well stated.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I know it's not a deterrent. That doesn't make me not believe in it though. I agree that it's probably not necessary, but I still think sometimes it's the best alternative. Personally I see a difference in ending someone's life for your own pleasure or gain and ending it because they have done something horrible. They are not equal to me, just like killing someone for fun and killing someone for self defense is different. And no I am not equating the death penalty with self defense, I am just disagreeing with those who say murder is murder is murder.

The only thing that would make me change my mind is if those in prison for life got the bare minimum to sustain life, water, food, a bed. No getting your degree, no TV, no visits from your family. No getting married and especially no conjugal visits. These are all the things they chose to take away from someone else (and their loved ones) when they chose to kill them, so it's ridiculous for us to pay for them to continue to have even the smallest pleasures in life. Sit in your cell, by yourself and if you want any pictures or letters they can be of your victims and from their families reminding you how much you've taken from them.
    ITA on all counts.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

a good look at San Quentin's death row

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ntin-jail.html

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    a good look at San Quentin's death row

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ntin-jail.html
    I hope the person who does the dusting in that place at least makes a living. That's all its good for.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post

I'm only replying to say this: I think there's actually a website that tells you who's on Death Row and whether or not the state executed them or not. I'd have to look again.

Here it is:
    http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/
    "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's Heaven on Earth" - Mark Twain