Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: The Death Penalty

deathybrad Guest
    Hmm. Let's see, I can't remember last Friday real well. I remember going to the grocery store, and, oh yeah I did kill a man that day. Whew, I almost forgot.

What you are defending is what we have, I don't need to give you an example of why it doesn't work. Our system would perhaps work better if we had some decent gun control laws but we don't. Maybe the Virgina Tech shooter is innocent? Surely not.

katspjs Guest
    YES!

katspjs Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cobbius View Post
    And only those that are PROVEN to have done the crime should be put to death. If there is DNA, fingerprints, confession, witnesses, etc. It's a done deal. No appeal, no re-trial, no mis-trial. Sentenced to death before the next sunrise.
    Absolutely! There is so much scientific "with a doubt" evidence these days, that if they can prove you did it, then it is over!

deathybrad Guest
    oui

Harry in Connecticut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by deathybrad View Post
    Seems to me that losing even 1 in a thousand would be pretty fair.
    Guilty until proven innocent. If you are innocent you won't have any problem proving it.
    No problem proving you're innocent? Don't you know the state will spend more money than you have ever seen to convict you? Do you think the state won't object to every bit of evidence you submit? Ditto your witnesses. How do you react? What do you say?

And if you object to a lie they offer up, how do you state it? If the judge does hear the right reason, or wording, you lose.

And if you have any trouble with points of law, will the state's attorney will trot right over to your side and help?

No, they would lie and cheat till you fry. These people are not on your side. They will oppose you, rendering proving your innocence quite a problem.

Review your position carefully, before they get to 996.

BTW, I'd be lost in court too. And the cost of hiring a lawyer, is part of it not being easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ST Moron View Post
    As long as there are overzealous (and ambitious) prosecutors and the possibility of human error when people are convicted, I'd have to say I'm against it.

I understand where everyone is coming from about Charles Manson, child molesters, etc. And I don't like the idea them being around myself.

But the problem is that innocent people do get railroaded from time to time. And I've always understood that justice was all about "Better that 10 guilty men go free than one innocent man suffer."

Because that innocent man could be someone you love. Or you.
    That's a good point. No one imagines it could be them.

Shes Not There Guest
    yes

7. 10-14-2007, 07:55 PM
    Reason
    posted twice

RoRo Guest
    Sorry, gotta use more than yes or no cuz a friends mom was murdered ( gutted and decapitated, buried in a shallow grave and the bastard is on death row livin on my taxes) so hell yeah!

kelbons Guest
    Yes!

shellileigh Guest
    Sorry but yes and no

Tugboat25 Guest
    YES

Nowereman Guest
    [SIZE=6]NO[/SIZE] [SIZE=6]![/SIZE]

Yes.
    John Trim On Face Book
    On the internet you can be anything you want.
    It is strange that so many people choose to be stupid.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes

jlhist64 Guest
    yes

sweetpea77 Guest
    Yes.

Genevieve Guest
    No

Black Angel Guest
    no

GODDESS6 Guest
    yes~

tensecondstolove Guest
    Yes. Yes. Yes.

YES

magblax Guest
    Yes

different kind of girl Guest
    No.

RoRo Guest
    I am close to this subject because a friend's mom was taken, gutted, decapitated ( head never found ) and buried in a shallow grave, this happened about 10 years ago and the family still gets upset. The murderer is on death row, still has appeals.
    I say if they are innocent the appeals should give them ample time to prove it. I think most of the innocents on death row have been there since before new scientific methods were devewloped to examine evidence.
    I also think for some life in a cell would be worse than death but I still don't want them to live if they do something like happened to Jenny. We kill rabid dogs and people should not be any different...some say it's not a deterrent but it damn sure deters that one doesn't it?
    Many prisons have to much luxury for the prisoners, now if they lived in a cage and got no privileges such as tv, books, etc, etc then hey I might change my mind but they get college degrees on my dime and get to build up their muscles on gym equipment so they can harm others in prison..yeah they are getting punished ...BAH.
    Sorry to be so long, but really a sore subject when it touches you personally till then never say never folks. If it were your mom gutted and decapitated how would ya feel then?

pvezz Guest
    Here is my take.

Before DNA, I dunno that I agree on sentencing someone to death without FAILSAFE PROOF that THEY DID IT.

HOWEVER, now that we have the science to prove that this person did the crime, why the wait?? I understand due process and everyone's right to a trial, but TEN YEARS of appeals is unfair to the victim's families, IMO.

If the DNA proves you are guilty, and a jury sentences you to death, then be on with it. No living for 10 years on my tax money while you squander more of my tax money on attorneys that I again pay for, with my tax money. Off with your head, so to speak.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Something to consider is that justice goes to those who pay....and those without the means to do so, guilty or not, rarely are acquited. I understand how one might support the death penalty when the case is clear.....but so often there is no definative proof of "whodunit". When the destitute are given the same kind of legal defense team that the rich get, maybe then I would be more open to the idea. Of course, since I am of the belief that death is the end of our time of strife, life behind bars seems more like punishment. A cold hearted killer/rapist/child-molestor who has no belief in heaven has no real reason to WANT to be dead sooner than the end of their "natural life".

Katie Guest
    yes

[SIZE=5]Qui! [/SIZE]

deathybrad Guest
    Was the Scott Peterson case clear? We think so but it was only circumstantial. What about John Carpenter, that was as clear or clearer that the Peterson case and but it was before DNA profiling so he got away with it.

orionova Guest
    No.

Bashterd Guest
    [size=4]yes!!!!![/size]

Shano Guest
    yes

33. 10-16-2007, 03:16 PM

poppie Guest
    Yes!

Jack Raines Guest
    Yes

YES

lulu Guest
    Yes

Jazbabee Guest
    YES !!!

Headhunter Guest
    Yes !

rock_chick Guest
    No!

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Fence

SugarKane Guest
    NO!

RoRo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    Here is my take.

Before DNA, I dunno that I agree on sentencing someone to death without FAILSAFE PROOF that THEY DID IT.

HOWEVER, now that we have the science to prove that this person did the crime, why the wait?? I understand due process and everyone's right to a trial, but TEN YEARS of appeals is unfair to the victim's families, IMO.

If the DNA proves you are guilty, and a jury sentences you to death, then be on with it. No living for 10 years on my tax money while you squander more of my tax money on attorneys that I again pay for, with my tax money. Off with your head, so to speak.
    I read in the paper here today that our prisoners spend an average of 22 years on death row...that is too long in my opinion

YES!!!!

Death Hag Chris Guest
    YES!

Kimmy Guest
    No.

Guest Guest
    Everyone goes into the General Population...serial killers...child molesters/killers etc

Let the convicts sort them out...I grew up on an Island with a Prison on it and it made me sick when they would "protect" certain high profiles which usually were child molesters!

not all murder should pay with being executed...example...woman shoots and kills her abusive husband...mother kills man who raped her child...they should be given medals!

BUT...serial killers and child molesters/killers should be put to death immediately!

Years ago there was this man named Wesley Allen Dodd who sued the state of Washington to be put to death immediately...he molested 100's of kids and raped and murdered a set of brothers in Vancouver Wa. He won in court and was promptly put to death in Walla Walla...now I'm not giving this monster "credit" but he realized just how sick he was and swore that if he wasn't executed immediately he would find a way to escape and kill more children. Recently a little girl was abducted on the 4th of July and found dead a few days later...the man took police to her body...but supposedly didn't do it? as it turns out he is responsible for the abduction and rape of another girl who survived as well as many women in the Tacoma area. He also was convicted of incest of his half sister in 1991, FAILED to register as a sex offender..which the whole registry is a JOKE because no one checks up on these pukes to see if they really do live or work where they have reported! No one ever checked on this guy EVER! Same story for that John Cooey in Florida who murdered little Jessica Lunsford. The excuse of course is lack of funding and man power to check up on these perverts...so why set them free? They haven't paid their dept to society IMO when they are out and hunting our children...cutting off their peckers isn't gonna do the trick...the problem is in their HEADS not their pants! Besides they can still molest with objects...their hands etc.

Sorry to be on a soapbox about them...but none of them deserve to breath

SlippyInvader Guest
    Yes!

Kareika Guest
    hummmm...yes I think...

TNpuck Guest
    undecided

susalu Guest
    yes, since I became a mom... too bad I am using more than one word to answer! when I was younger I was against it... if anyone should ever kill my son, I would want the ultimate retribution... it's that tigress thing...

yes!