Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: The Death Penalty

Laura1020 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbrasher View Post
    I always said that some of the death row people they should just send their crazy f*cked up asses to war. Save some of our husbands,wives and children! Hell save some tax payers cash, they are messed up and out of our country, screw it, they shoot themselves and everyone around them, at least it isn't our innocent people lol
    I think this is an excellent alternative to the death penalty. However, what happens to the convicts once the war is over? For the record, I am actually anti-death penalty.

viridescence Guest
    I am against the death penalty, period. It is not a deterrent and killing another person will not undo what he or she has already done. I also think that the possibility of an innocent person being put to death is too great.

People have asked me if I would change my mind if someone I was close to were killed. Obviously unless I were in that situation (all I can do is hope I never will be), I can't say. I think I would of course have a lot of anger towards that person but I still don't think that I would want them dead.

dirttrackdemon3 Guest
    i am kinda old school on this topic, but i believe, if u are caught in the act, or proven guilty, then get a rope. there wouldnt be half the going-on's happening today of everytime they caught a murderer or child molester, they swung them from where ever they are! if police catch a guy beating his wife to death, they should grab a rope and hang them from the nearest light pole. to many people are getting fat in prison off our tax dollars, hell look at some of these murderers!

Carrie Guest
    yes

Maza Guest
    YES..........as long as the person has definately been found guilty for the crime

DannaMarie24 Guest

Hummmm...

[SIZE=5]Yes![/SIZE]

bluebear71 Guest
    yes

Queen_Death_Hag Guest
    YES!!!!

No!
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Ree Guest
    Yes

Danse Macabre Guest
    YES!

12. 10-20-2007, 09:42 PM

Littleroben Guest
    No, but if anything ever happened to my friends or family I'm pretty sure I'd change that to a yes.

Nayzo Guest
    No, mostly because of research I did for a 20 page term paper in Criminology class. That was a fun paper to write (seriously, I really enjoyed being a criminal justice student.)

TNpuck Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemr68 View Post
    Yes! BTW, it's a 100% deterent. The person won't be able to do anything again.
    I believe "deterent", in the case of the death penalty, applies to other would be criminals, not the condemned.

I'm undecided, as I posted above, but in cases that DNA evidence proves beyond a doubt that the person is guilty...maybe, I'm still on the fence.

Is the death penalty punishment or revenge? Just because it's state sponsored doesn't make it right.

Then again, I have very, VERY little tolerance for crimes against children, so I find myself sometimes approving of the death penalty in those cases.

Like I said, indecided...

Quote Originally Posted by TNpuck View Post
    I believe "deterent", in the case of the death penalty, applies to other would be criminals, not the condemned.

I'm undecided, as I posted above, but in cases that DNA evidence proves beyond a doubt that the person is guilty...maybe, I'm still on the fence.

Is the death penalty punishment or revenge? Just because it's state sponsored doesn't make it right.

Then again, I have very, VERY little tolerance for crimes against children, so I find myself sometimes approving of the death penalty in those cases.

Like I said, indecided...
    Interesting topic. As I said earlier, I am opposed. But I'd like to see the stats from states who actively pursue the death penalty (Texas) versus states where it either isn't allowed or is allowed but hardly anyone ever gets executed (California). If the crime rate is significantly lower in states like Texas, I would really have to rethink my stance.

Also, it really bothers me when the lethal injections are done improperly and the person has to suffer. Yes, they made their victims suffer, but I personally feel that we are better than them and shouldn't make them suffer. God, when I have had surgery and they put me under in just a few seconds with one shot, why can't they do that, and THEN administer the lethal injection? It's not like they have to worry about drug interaction or anything. And veterinarians can euthanize a poor suffering animal on the first poke, why the heck can't the executioners? I have sort of wondered in the back of my mind if the lethal injections are botched on purpose.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

yes

Bayou Voodoo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Do you believe in the DEATH PENALTY? No other responses needed because we really don't need to start fighting here. We all have our own opinions.
    My answer is:
    YES

[SIZE=3]Yes[/SIZE]

Yes

derbingle Guest
    no

cobbius Guest
    yes

deathybrad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by viridescence View Post
    I am against the death penalty, period. It is not a deterrent and killing another person will not undo what he or she has already done.
    So you want this person to get the liberty of waking up each morning? It would deter some killing, it would make murder less of an option because if you want to take someone else off of this planet it had better be worth losing your own life for. Some people are going to kill anyways, those are the ones that need to go straight to the chair, do not pass go, do not collect $200 dollars. You act like you're dealing with an 8 year old who doesn't think things through. If someone killed my wife or daughter the best thing the state could do is let me kill the killer myself.

TrueBlueAngel Guest

When the death penalty sentence is served

Just wondered if any of you have been present when the death penalty has been served or even just outside the prison(s). If so, what was it like, the atmostphere, the people, etc. I'm just curious as we dont have the death penalty in the UK (more's the pity!).

poppie Guest
    I used to work with a set of males twins. We were close by San Quentin Prison in California and these two always requested to be present at executions. While I knew them, they did attend two. WEIRD GUYS!!! As much as Timothy McVeigh deserved to die, I don't think I could handle seeing anyone executed. I do support the death penalty.

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    So you can ask to be present at any execution there? I always thought it was relatives of the victims, family and the press. Mind you, this is simply what I've picked up on watching US films.

JeffD Guest
    I don't think just anyone can get in. There isn't much room as it is. I think a few seats may be available for well-connected press but that's it. If there are seats after them, maybe the public could get in. It would Never happen in California though.

RoRo Guest
    I think, from what I've read its usually the inmates family and religious advisor, victims family and some press and maybe law enforcement officials ...this of course varies if some don't want to be there....it's usually a very small group

BamaDeathHag Guest
    yes

MorbidMolly Guest
    YES

scarletfever1971 Guest
    Yes.

warmbear Guest
    yes.

Yes--but it must be the same across the board state wise murder is murder no matter what state you live in. Sorry too many words!

Cataroo Guest
    Yes (but only in certain cases in which the proof is irrefutable (i.e. DNA, etc.)) ...

BabyDoll Guest
    No

RockyM90 Guest
    Yes

relander Guest
    Yes

Sarah the British Hag Guest
    No

Child rapists and murderers

Honestlty what do you think should be done with these scums. Personally I am sick and tired of these parasites being put in protective custody.

Kathyf Guest
    They should do with them exactly what they did to thew kids.

Death, or life in prison without parole.
    I vote for death.
    --john

endsleigh03 Guest
    I'm with Schiz on this. Death for them is what should happen.

SuckMyKiss Guest
    But if you kill them, then thats an easy quick end for them....they don't get the suffering for the rest of their lives like the victims do. An quick easy death is too good for people, [if you can call them people], like that.

There's no easy answer for it, but life in prison with NO parole, no contact with anyone else, and some form of prolonged, not torture, but something that will cause suffering.

Oh and the occasional beating from a prison guard wouldn't go amiss.

MoJo67 Guest
    I cannot believe how much of this is out there. I mean every day in the news, there is a child victimized. I like the one strike, you're out idea. I am an easy going person by nature, but I really don't believe these people can be rehabilitated, and have no tolerance for any of it. At the very least lock them away forever, but I do teeter on the death penalty side. Maybe the thought of that would stop at least some of them, although I doubt it. Sickos.

Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post
    But if you kill them, then thats an easy quick end for them....they don't get the suffering for the rest of their lives like the victims do. An quick easy death is too good for people, [if you can call them people], like that.
    Well, hopefully once other inmates find out that there is a child molester in prison with them, perhaps they can all do us a favor and put an end to the scum.

Keeping a total waste of a human like a child molester/killer alive for decades is an amaxing drain on the public financially. I tihnk we are better off without them, and I honestly think that these people cannot be rehabilitated.
    --john

xenaswolf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyKiss View Post

There's no easy answer for it, but life in prison with NO parole, no contact with anyone else, and some form of prolonged, not torture, but something that will cause suffering.

Oh and the occasional beating from a prison guard wouldn't go amiss.
    But I don't want to waste my tax dollars for the next 50 or 60 years keeping them alive. Cheaper just to shoot the fuckers between the eyes and be done with it.

46. 11-03-2007, 12:48 PM

Guest Guest
    quick and "easy" death is just what they need...look...why risk housing them for many years...risking their escape and them brutalizing other children...or worse yet some tree hugger finds a way to get their sentences lightened and they are released to harm more of our babies?? All the experts agree...you cannot cure a pedophile/sexual predator...their crimes only get worse...stick em with the go go juice and get them off the face of this earth..they don't deserve to be here!

I like the following scenario:

Take them out to the woods, tie them to a tree. Put honey all over their naked bodies and let the insects go to town for at least a couple hours. Then take a thick bark covered branch and sodomize them allowing them to die from blood loss from the lacerations to the anus and rectum.

Just my dream....
    Last edited by Thumbilina; 11-03-2007 at 08:32 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~smoochies~

djdeath-hag Guest
    I agree with SuckMyKiss.....life behind bars is a worse fate for these folks than an easy death. Herein lies another problem.....how our judicial system defines "child molestor". Here in FL, a guy who is 18 can be charged with child molestation if he's dating a 16 yr. old girl & her parents object. Should THIS person be executed? I find it hard to support the folks in these circumstances (usually men) being required to be registered sex offenders for life. Maybe I'm just a bleeding heart liberal....but I see a huge difference where the courts see so little.

Quote Originally Posted by djdeath-hag View Post
    I agree with SuckMyKiss.....life behind bars is a worse fate for these folks than an easy death. Herein lies another problem.....how our judicial system defines "child molestor". Here in FL, a guy who is 18 can be charged with child molestation if he's dating a 16 yr. old girl & her parents object. Should THIS person be executed? I find it hard to support the folks in these circumstances (usually men) being required to be registered sex offenders for life. Maybe I'm just a bleeding heart liberal....but I see a huge difference where the courts see so little.

Agreed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ~smoochies~

Simple castrate them without pain relief then send them in a room filled with the victims mothers guaranteed they will get their punishment that way.

Quote Originally Posted by xenaswolf View Post
    But I don't want to waste my tax dollars for the next 50 or 60 years keeping them alive. Cheaper just to shoot the fuckers between the eyes and be done with it.
    I'm with you on that one!