Thread: Kevin Cosgrove

gimmecandy Guest

Kevin Cosgrove

Hi All, it's my first post

Was anyone else haunted by the Kevin Cosgrove call on 9/11? I heard it for the first time about two years ago and it is just chilling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbOzSeu6sJA

I can't imagine

I don't want to listen to it, but is that the one where he screams at the end as the building is collapsing?

I heard it once and I cannot bring myself to listen to it again. You're absolutely right- it's chilling.

gimmecandy Guest
    Yep, that's the one

I think that, for me, until I heard it I was able to block out how horrible it was, KWIM? I think I just told myself that everyone in the buildings was either out or asleep/passed out by the time the buildings collapsed. It was too much information and horror for me to absorb.

I completely agree- watching the videos of people jumping and such were just horrible, but hearing this man pleading for someone to help him, and then you hear the roar of the collapsing building. It's just almost too terrifying to wrap my brain around.

djdeath-hag Guest
    I just listened to the call....heartbreaking....especially knowing that so many others experienced this horrible ending as he did. God bless their surviving families & friends.

Katie Guest
    I should have read what all of you wrote, before I listened. Horrible!!!!

Kathyf Guest
    That is just horrible. It bothers me to even hear it.

UnSuffer Me Guest
    I shouldn't have listened to that. Dang man.

Mammy Guest
    I listened to that a long time ago and it haunted me. I was crying after hearing it and actually had nightmares afterwards. I can't imagine what that poor man went through. I think he knew that they wouldn't be able to rescue him and the others with him and they all must have been terrified. I can't imagine what his family went through if they heard it and knowing that he suffered and was scared before he died. I believe he had a wife and four children.

KristinEileen Guest
    I have heard this before and it breaks my heart. You can hear the terror in his voice and the urgency in his begging the dispatcher for help...Horrible..

This still gets to me because my uncle was one of the firefighters that died in one of the towers.

ryanolivia Guest
    Wow! I had never hraed that before and it is heartbreaking. My children are not old enough to hear that but in a couple of years, they will hear that and watch the videos so, they can sort of understand what happened that day.

Frazzzld Kat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pksgigi View Post
    This still gets to me because my uncle was one of the firefighters that died in one of the towers.
    So sorry for your loss Pksgigi. That must have been a difficult time for your family. Especially with it playing on tv over and over for weeks on end.

RaRaRamona Guest
    I didn't listen to this one. I've heard too many. they are awful.

Lisamarie Guest
    I have heard this before myself...it reminds me of the helicopoter accident where the guy is reporting live and you just hear this blood curdling scream . Yeah thats just the creepiest , most heartbreaking call ever. Those poor people.

writer60 Guest
    You should read some of the stuff about 911 on the "Lets Roll" 911 forum. Some of the stories on that site are absolutely incredible! Some iof the information is so mind-blowing!

That call is really disturbing, as is the video of the firefighters where you can hear jumpers hitting the roof. I think this one bothers me more than any I've yet seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmu0TgMe_SE
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin