Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Natasha Richardson

beatlebaby4 Guest
    CNN is saying that she is in hospital. Nothing else yet

Jack'sGirl Guest
    Maybe they need to inform the whole family before they report the final news.

Remember, these are still unconfirmed reports, from not-so-reliable sources. This is from the Montreal Gazette:

Actress Natasha Richardson has been declared brain dead after a ski accident Monday at Mont Tremblant ski resort, according to an unconfirmed report.
    The New York Post said friends of the actress say she is brain dead.
    A spokesperson at Sacre Ceur Hospital in Montreal, where Richardson, 45, was taken Monday night, would only say Richardson is no longer in Canada, information she recieved from a spokesperson for Richardson's family.
    Richardson was feeling fine for nearly an hour Monday after falling on a beginner's run during a private ski lesson, Mont Tremblant resort spokesperson Catherine Lacasse said.
    “She was laughing and joking and she walked to her room on her own,” Lacasse said.
    The British-born Richardson was not wearing a ski helmet during ski lesson on the Nansen, a beginners’ run at Mont Tremblant, she added.
    Richardson, wife of actor Liam Neeson and daughter of actress Vanessa Redgrave, was at the bottom of the run, in what is known as the flats, during the mid-afternoon lesson when she fell and tumbled down the hill.
    Media reports said her two sons with Neeson, Micheal Richard Antonio, 13, and Daniel Jack, 12, were skiing with her at the time of the accident.
    She did not hit anyone or anything before coming to a stop. The ski instructor was by her side within seconds, Lacasse said.
    There was no external sign of injury, no cut or bleeding, Lacasse said.
    Two ski patrollers assisted Richardson but she was not put on a stretcher, Lacasse said. Richardson walked to her room at the resort’s Quintessence Hotel, where she had been staying since Sunday.
    The patrollers stayed with her for an hour. She started having headaches and she was transported to the Centre Hospitalier Laurentien, not far from the ski hill.
    Richardson was later transferred to the intensive care unit at Sacré Coeur Hospital in Montreal. A spokesperson for the hospital would, not however, confirm or deny that she was still there on Tuesday.
    Corin Redgrave, Richardson’s uncle, told London's Evening standard newspaper: "I have heard this morning from a family representative about Natasha’s accident and am very saddened."
    Britain’s BBC said a member of Richardson family, who asked not to be named, said the whole family was "very distressed".
    Richardson's husband, actor Liam Neeson, 56, came to Montreal from a Toronto film set to be at his wife's side, according to a spokesperson for Neeson.
    “Liam Neeson left the Toronto set immediately to fly to Montreal upon news of his wife’s accident,” the rep said in a statement. A media report said Neeson and his two sons were at Richardson's hospital bedside.
    “We do not have any details at this time but we hope for the best and our thoughts and prayers are with Natasha and Liam and their family.”
    Neeson had been in Toronto filming the movie Chloe, being directed by Canadian filmmaker Atom Egoyan.
    Richardson and Neeson have been married since 1994.
    Richardson has appeared in about 30 films including The Parent Trap, Maid in Manhattan and Nell. She won a Tony Award for her role the musical Cabaret on Broadway in 1998.
    Neeson is known for his roles in Schindler’s List and Star Wars Episode I.
    Richardson was set to appear on Broadway with her legendary mother, 72, in a revival of Stephen Sondheim’s “A Little Night Music.”
    Agence France-Presse and Reuter contributed to this report
    © Copyright (c) The Montreal Gazette

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    Unconfirmed reports, unconfirmed reports...damn, I want something REAL!

Nicki Guest
    Possibly they are transporting her to another location....more prestigious hospital to get a second opinion on the brain dead diagnosis. Just a guess, but with this many reports of "Brain Dead" there must be some validity to it.

Huffington is reporting what TimeOut NY is reporting. It isn't confirmed yet, although the brain dead rumor may be a fact.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jack'sGirl Guest
    And, maybe another location is to harvest the organs.

It doesn't look/sound good.

My heart just breaks for that family.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Exactly!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Read the Natasha Richardson thread in the Entertainment section. You will get the correct and up to date info there.

Guest Guest
    Hell, just logged on again and my heart lurched!!

Nicki Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack'sGirl View Post

I didn't even think of that Jack. You could be right. Nonetheless...it doesn't sound good. That poor family.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    CNN just saying this. She is seriously injured and in critial care. She has been transferred and no new news yet.

If she is brain dead, it sounds like she had a subarachnoid hemorrhage or something, getting an awful headache an hour later and not right away. Not many people survive those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

simon69 Guest
    What would The Good Doctor on Star Trek say? Um? She's Dead Jim!!!

death hag dee Guest
    From TMZ:
    Natasha Richardson Flown to New Hospital

Posted Mar 17th 2009 1:18PM by TMZ Staff
    UPDATE 2:00 PM ET -- The hospital tells TMZ Richardson is sedated and suffering from brain swelling -- but is not brain dead.

UPDATE: 1:37 PM ET -- We're told Richardson's jet was scheduled to take off from Montreal-Trudeau Airport. A rep for the airport said the jet is either still there or has just taken off.

We're told Natasha Richardson has been transported from the hospital in Canada via ambulance. CTV says she boarded a private jet -- we do not know where the jet has gone, but we believe it's New York City.

Richardson was accompanied by a medic team for the flight.

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest

If she has indeed passed, I feel AWFUL for her kids and husband. And then there's her poor mother to consider...outliving a child who died after such a sudden and tragic accident.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Thanks DJ.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    She's not simon. It has just been reported that she is NOT brain dead but has brain swelling and is sedated.

Guest Guest
    Oh this is sad but nailbiting stuff

Jack'sGirl Guest
    If she was brain dead, they would have to keep her on life support until they could get the organ harvest set up.

Jack'sGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Oh this is sad but nailbiting stuff
    Yeah, obviously we all agree, or we wouldn't be on FAD!

Still sad, though. I'm sitting here, refreshing pages, waiting to hear something solid.

Guest Guest
    Still sad, though. I'm sitting here, refreshing pages, waiting to hear something solid.
    Yeah me too, awful aren't we!!

More Cheese Please Guest
    Natasha Richardson Flown to New Hospital

Posted Mar 17th 2009 1:18PM by TMZ Staff
    UPDATE 2:00 PM ET -- The hospital tells TMZ Richardson is sedated and suffering from brain swelling -- but is not brain dead.

So now, according to TMZ, the hospital is saying she is not brain dead?????

The most recent time stamps I'm seeing on AP and other items are from 1 hour and 3 minutes ago. No updates from my end since then. It's just peculiar that the news has her anywhere from she fell down and wasn't feeling well to dead. I wish a doctor would say something definitive.

Off to pick up my daughter shortly! I'll check when I get back to see if there are updates here.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    These news reports should print the facts and not what they think is going on. It's irresponsible and how does it make her family feel? She doesn't sound dead or dying (yet) to me. It saddens me when this happens

RubySlippers Guest
    obviously they are speculating --- there is no consistent content here. the family and doctors are keeping this extremely private - as it should be. i think the media is getting pretty stupid about it and just trying to be the first to introduce the newest most updated news. a flawed system to be sure. people should WAIT and stop getting their panties all bunched up and stuff.

death hag dee Guest
    Its weird theres been an update like every 20 min since story broke now nothing

Perdi Guest
    This is where I go for my 'defo right' news!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7947826.stm

No mention of her being either dead or brain dead here, but it is somewhat disconcerting that the hospital suggested to the BBC that there may be a statement from her family on Wednesday.

Yes, could be ominous, or could be that because it's a head injury, they just have to wait and see. She'll either be out of the woods or clearly not by Wednesday, I would think. Okay, now _I'm_speculating. Sheesh.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Nothing new really, CNN just said she is indeed in a hospital in NYC and has swelling of the brain.

simon69 Guest
    Well, hopefully she get's to say to all " The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" Prayers I guess would be good at this time too?

NOVSTORM Guest
    I just read that she is braindead..

On AOl..but we better wait until someone with more truth tells us that.

GODDESS6 Guest
    perez's latest~
    http://www.perezhilton.com/

IrishBabe Guest
    The New York Post is reporting that she is brain dead as well.

For what that's worth...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03172009...ead_160027.htm

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Geez.......

ShatteredMirror Guest
    Best to wait and see I think. The BBC report that the hospital will issue a statement tomorrow or thereabouts.

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishBabe View Post
    The New York Post is reporting that she is brain dead as well.

For what that's worth...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03172009...ead_160027.htm
    The NY Post is actually not one of the most unimpeachable sources...they do tend to sensationalize a bit more at times...

Jack'sGirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ShatteredMirror View Post
    Best to wait and see I think. The BBC report that the hospital will issue a statement tomorrow or thereabouts.
    Wonder if that's to give it time to see if she comes out of it? Like they will know within X amount of time whether she will recover or not?

Quote Originally Posted by ShatteredMirror View Post
    Hospitals will often say that simply to get the reporters to stop calling them. It would not normally be up to the hospital, in the case of a high-profile patient, to announce a death.

Here's the newest legitimate stiff I can find. Nothing specially interesting:

MONTREAL -- There are conflicting reports about the extent of injuries suffered by actress Natasha Richardson after a skiing accident near Montreal.
    The New York Post says it has learned from friends of the British actress that she is brain dead.
    Some websites are saying Richardson, who is married to actor Liam Neeson, has swelling of the brain.
    A spokeswoman for the Mont Tremblant ski resort says Richardson was conscious and showed no signs of a serious head injury after she fell during a ski lesson for beginners on Monday.
    Lyne Lortie says the Tony-award-winning actress was in the middle of the private lesson when she suffered what appeared to be a relatively unspectacular fall.
    Lortie says Richardson appeared fine and was able to talk but that she complained of pain about an hour later.
    A family member confirmed Richardson had a skiing accident but did not have any details of her injuries.
    14:31ET 17-03-09

Heavenly Tiger Guest
    All I can say is I hope she will be OK. I like her and have always thought she is beautiful.

Nvr_Sk_to_Tll Guest
    Wonder if that's to give it time to see if she comes out of it? Like they will know within X amount of time whether she will recover or not?
    Sounds something like that to me. They probably need time to control the swelling, or to make sure they can, and then if that works, time to make sure she'll come 'round from sedation.

Curl_up_N_dye Guest
    UGH ... I had just read a bit ago on TMZ that she just had a little headache and now she's 'brain dead'?? Boy I'd be PISSED if I were her family! These tabloids are such asstards.

IrishBabe Guest
    Fox News is reporting that she is deteriorating:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509477,00.html

Not looking good

Reports: Natasha Richardson's Condition Deteriorates After Ski Accident

Tuesday , March 17, 2009

ADVERTISEMENT

[SIZE=2]Tony-award winning actress Natasha Richardson's condition has deteriorated following a skiing accident on a beginner's trail at the Mont Tremblant ski resort in Quebec, Canada, according to multiple reports.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The New York Post, citing sources close to Richardson, reported that she was brain dead. TMZ.com said the 45-year-old actress had experienced severe brain swelling.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Richardson, who is married to actor Liam Neeson, was first reported in serious condition with a head injury by Irishcentral.com.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"We know that she has had an accident but we really do not know any more details," said Kika Markham, who is married to Richardson's uncle, Corin Redgrave. "We are very concerned."[/SIZE]
    PHOTOS: Click for photos of Natasha Richardson.
    [SIZE=2]Neeson left the set of a movie he was filming in Toronto to be by his wife's side.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"Liam Neeson left the Toronto set immediately to fly to Montreal upon news of his wife’s accident," a rep for his film said in a statement to Canadian TV. "We do not have any details at this time but we hope for the best and our thoughts and prayers are with Natasha and Liam and their family."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Mont Tremblant said Richardson fell on a beginner's trail during a ski lesson and later reported not feeling well. "She did not show any visible sign of injury, but the ski patrol followed strict procedures and brought her back to the bottom of the slope and insisted she should see a doctor," said a statement from the resort.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Mont Tremblant spokeswoman Catherine Lacasse said Richardson was getting a private lesson and that she said she was fine at first.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"An hour later she said she didn't feel well. She had a headache, so we sent her to the hospital," Lacasse said. "There were no signs of impact and no blood, nothing."[/SIZE]
    Richardson, 45, is the daughter of actress Vanessa Redgrave and the late director Tony Richardson. She married Neeson in 1994 after they both appeared in the film "Nell." The couple have two sons.
    In January, Richardson and her mother played the roles of mother and daughter in a one-night benefit concert version of "A Little Night Music," in New York.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Hospitals will often say that simply to get the reporters to stop calling them. It would not normally be up to the hospital, in the case of a high-profile patient, to announce a death.

MONTREAL -- There are conflicting reports about the extent of injuries suffered by actress Natasha Richardson after a skiing accident near Montreal.
    The New York Post says it has learned from friends of the British actress that she is brain dead.
    Some websites are saying Richardson, who is married to actor Liam Neeson, has swelling of the brain.
    A spokeswoman for the Mont Tremblant ski resort says Richardson was conscious and showed no signs of a serious head injury after she fell during a ski lesson for beginners on Monday.
    Lyne Lortie says the Tony-award-winning actress was in the middle of the private lesson when she suffered what appeared to be a relatively unspectacular fall.
    Lortie says Richardson appeared fine and was able to talk but that she complained of pain about an hour later.
    A family member confirmed Richardson had a skiing accident but did not have any details of her injuries.

Thanks Duter, I tend to believe the people who are actually treating her, or saw her... an Unnamed friend or family member sounds bogus!

Im sure her family will release some sort of statement when they feel they can, guess we just have to wait...

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post

Thanks for posting that Duster. I tend to believe the people who where there and saw her over the tabloids that want to sensationalize everything.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    there are 2 threads on this already. The one to read is in the Entertainment section as she is not dead. Hit search and a thread you are looking for will come up.

Reports: Natasha Richardson's Condition Deteriorates After Ski Accident

Tuesday , March 17, 2009

ADVERTISEMENT

[SIZE=2]Tony-award winning actress Natasha Richardson's condition has deteriorated following a skiing accident on a beginner's trail at the Mont Tremblant ski resort in Quebec, Canada, according to multiple reports.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]The New York Post, citing sources close to Richardson, reported that she was brain dead. TMZ.com said the 45-year-old actress had experienced severe brain swelling.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Richardson, who is married to actor Liam Neeson, was first reported in serious condition with a head injury by Irishcentral.com.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"We know that she has had an accident but we really do not know any more details," said Kika Markham, who is married to Richardson's uncle, Corin Redgrave. "We are very concerned."[/SIZE]
    PHOTOS: Click for photos of Natasha Richardson.
    [SIZE=2]Neeson left the set of a movie he was filming in Toronto to be by his wife's side.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"Liam Neeson left the Toronto set immediately to fly to Montreal upon news of his wife’s accident," a rep for his film said in a statement to Canadian TV. "We do not have any details at this time but we hope for the best and our thoughts and prayers are with Natasha and Liam and their family."[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Mont Tremblant said Richardson fell on a beginner's trail during a ski lesson and later reported not feeling well. "She did not show any visible sign of injury, but the ski patrol followed strict procedures and brought her back to the bottom of the slope and insisted she should see a doctor," said a statement from the resort.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Mont Tremblant spokeswoman Catherine Lacasse said Richardson was getting a private lesson and that she said she was fine at first.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]"An hour later she said she didn't feel well. She had a headache, so we sent her to the hospital," Lacasse said. "There were no signs of impact and no blood, nothing."[/SIZE]
    Richardson, 45, is the daughter of actress Vanessa Redgrave and the late director Tony Richardson. She married Neeson in 1994 after they both appeared in the film "Nell." The couple have two sons.
    In January, Richardson and her mother played the roles of mother and daughter in a one-night benefit concert version of "A Little Night Music," in New York.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBabe View Post
    Fox News is reporting that she is deteriorating:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509477,00.html
    At the bottom of this page, there are these, all about death.

PEOPLE (this word should be changed to DEATH HAGS) WHO READ THIS... Also read these stories:

Actor, Political Activist Ron Silver, 62, Dies
    [2009-03-16]
    ron silver dies at 62, anna nicole's creepy doc, actor ron silver dies, fox411 smith's creepy doc revealed here first, actor
    10038 visitors also liked this.

Man's Suicide Note Leads to Body of Former Missing Tennessee Model
    [2009-03-10]
    suicide note leads to body of missing model, man's suicide note leads to body of former missing tennessee model, missing, model, suicide
    12183 visitors also liked this.

Florida Boat Accident Survivor: 2 NFL Players Gave Up Hope
    [2009-03-04]
    survivor nfl players just gave up, florida boat accident survivor 2 nfl players gave up hope, nfl, accident survivor nfl players gave up, accident survivor nfl players just gave up
    24327 visitors also liked this.

NFL Player Lost at Sea Urged to Buy Life-Saving Device for Boats in Distress -- But Didn't
    [2009-03-05]
    tragic revelations in nfl players case |, tragic revelations in nfl players case, nfl, tragic revelations in nfl players case|, nfl player lost at sea urged to buy lifesaving device for boats in distress but didn't
    12725 visitors also liked this.

Australian Throws Daughter Off Bridge to Death, Police Say
    [2009-01-29]
    australian throws daughter off bridge to death police say, police, deaths, murder at rush hour, world
    12896 visitors also liked this.

Have you death hags been on FOX news??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Twobeatlesleft Guest
    Realistically, it's only a matter of time. They're probably just waiting for Liam to get there and then eventually pull the plug.