Thread: Skeletons in the Closet - LA County Morgue Shop

Skeletons in the Closet - LA County Morgue Shop

Hi gang...does anyone know if that little shop at the LA County Morgue is still around? I've worn my sweatshirt to threads and would like to get another one. I still have my parking permit from the morgue...that was a good day. For those who don't know, all the proceeds that the store made went to taking drunk drivers to the morgue to show what can happen when you drive drunk.

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    Hi gang...does anyone know if that little shop at the LA County Morgue is still around? I've worn my sweatshirt to threads and would like to get another one. I still have my parking permit from the morgue...that was a good day. For those who don't know, all the proceeds that the store made went to taking drunk drivers to the morgue to show what can happen when you drive drunk.
    Yes it is still around. I am not sure the link. I am sure you can find it. I tried to buy a key chain a couple weeks ago and for some reason I could never get the link to work!

Ended buying a ouija board keychain instead...with a tiny planshete...or whatever the hell you call those things. It even glows in the dark. LOL

erin Guest
    i used to have the link, but lost it when my comp crashed

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post
    i used to have the link, but lost it when my comp crashed
    I think if you type LA cornoner gift shop you will get to it. Has some cool stuff!!!

b57hrle Guest

Littleroben Guest
    Yeah, I think that's the one!

Edna - who runs the gift shop - is a pal of mine. They have great items as you can see from their website - and all proceeds go to drug awareness programs. Good people, good product, good karma.

ST Moron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinfrk View Post
    For those who don't know, all the proceeds that the store made went to taking drunk drivers to the morgue to show what can happen when you drive drunk.
    Why do I just know those drunk drivers immediately went out and got totally shitfaced in an effort to forget what they just saw?

I'm not so sure that waving dead bodies in front of drunks is necessarily the best way to keep them off the bottle. It sounds too much like the old Scared Straight programs which, if I remember correctly, didn't do all that well in terms of turning people around.

I'm just saying.
    Last edited by ST Moron; 10-08-2007 at 11:44 AM.

Littleroben Guest
    You might have a point, but I guess anything is worth trying. If just a couple of them remember what they saw and it stops them drink driving it's worth it.