Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1219202122 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 1092

Thread: Dr. Harold Perelson Murder/Suicide

I guess a lot of people get this house mixed up with the Labianca house, Other than the fact that it is in the same area...
    I don't get it. I thought I read somewhere that the Labianca residence sat empty for some time as well..
    Don't know if that is fact or fiction?

I wish I could buy this house and had enough money to restore it. If the owner isn't going to do that I'd rather a tear down than a gut, I don't like when houses look one way on the outside and you go inside and it's all brand new stuff. Just my preference. Yes, the bathrooms and some of the stuff might be a little different when I was done, but it would still keep with the style the house was meant to be for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    I wish I could buy this house and had enough money to restore it. If the owner isn't going to do that I'd rather a tear down than a gut, I don't like when houses look one way on the outside and you go inside and it's all brand new stuff. Just my preference. Yes, the bathrooms and some of the stuff might be a little different when I was done, but it would still keep with the style the house was meant to be for the most part.
    Hi Bettie, I agree with you, I don't know about you, But mis matched windows are irritating... )
    I was just looking around Zillow yesterday and there were a few similar styled homes in that same area like that one around the same asking price-already finished and quite lovely too.
    Personally, I think they are asking too much, Especially when all the new owners will get is harassed by spectators snooping around, regardless if the home is standing or not, that usually happens with houses/land with a macabre "history".
    If that doesn't bother the buyer, Thats great- I personally would not want that but thats JMO
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 04-03-2016 at 10:31 AM.

4. 04-03-2016, 05:00 PM

5. 04-04-2016, 07:46 AM

6. 04-04-2016, 07:53 PM

Quote Originally Posted by renedidntdoit View Post
    Good stuff!! Thanks.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    Good stuff!! Thanks.
    Wow, how cool!! I wish I had the money to buy that house...I would make it a small B n B with ghost hunting and seances as activities Friday night as "Fright Night"! Any takers or potential partners in business?

Quote Originally Posted by triccelli View Post
    Wow, how cool!! I wish I had the money to buy that house...I would make it a small B n B with ghost hunting and seances as activities Friday night as "Fright Night"! Any takers or potential partners in business?
    I think that would rock!!! We'd have to find a place in Texas though. I've already lived in California and I'm not going back. LOL
    Minerva

I think that would rock!!! We'd have to find a place in Texas though. I've already lived in California and I'm not going back. LOL
    LOL! I am sure you have good reasons!! Where and how long did you live in Cali?

LOL! I am sure you have good reasons!! Where and how long did you live in Cali?
    I spent ten years in San Diego. I've been in Texas since the mid-80s and I'll never live anywhere else on the planet. Love it here!!
    Minerva

I am in San Diego and I love it.

I spent ten years in San Diego. I've been in Texas since the mid-80s and I'll never live anywhere else on the planet. Love it here!!
    You can live well in Texas I hear! I moved from Miami (there 30 years) to Central Florida and love it. Miami became financially unsustainable..

archergirl78 Guest
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who downloaded all the photos in preparation for a possible tear-down/ hideous remodel. I understand it will take major renovations to make livable, but I hope whomever buys this beautiful grande dame respects her bones. Even setting aside the notorious past, this house has history.

You can live well in Texas I hear! I moved from Miami (there 30 years) to Central Florida and love it. Miami became financially unsustainable..
    You absolutely can. Our $300,000 home in California would be way too much for me to afford. When I lived in San Diego, I loved nothing more than to go to the beach and that's the one thing I miss. Of course, I usually end up at a beach destination during my summer vacations. Some other differences, besides home prices is the liberal politicians, not being able to fill up the pool because of water rationing, the fakeness of the people and the traffic. I just can't deal with those things at my age.
    Minerva

luckyinlove Guest
    Cost of living is a major issue here. I love Seattle but it is getting harder and harder to make ends meet. Wish I had the millions necessary to buy and restore this gorgeous house!

Can't blame the powers that be that call for water rationing, this is a state that doesn't get much rain, though we have had a lot this year. Also haven't ran into any fake people, everyone I have met and talked to are sincere and down to earth, traffic is bad, I'll give you that, especially more so around tourist season, homes are freaking expensive here, I will never be able to afford one unless my husband and I win the lottery.

I just was looking through the photos of the house "before" it was cleaned out...Whats with all the scary looking toys?
    What happened to that poor old Patti Playpal doll? (Not made til the 60s)Yikes! Lol.
    It almost looks like they were staged to give the house a more creepy affect? I dunno...But it is odd since the owner used that place for storage and I doubt he played with old dolls. I could be wrong but....JMO.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 04-08-2016 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by archergirl78 View Post
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who downloaded all the photos in preparation for a possible tear-down/ hideous remodel. I understand it will take major renovations to make livable, but I hope whomever buys this beautiful grande dame respects her bones. Even setting aside the notorious past, this house has history.
    I only say this on the basis of sheer practicality, but the thing is, they've listed it waaaay too high. 3mil will buy you a nice home that isn't going to end up a major restoration project. If people truly want the home restored, I'd say the best case scenario for that to happen would be to lower the price.

There is so much work that needs to be put in that I wouldn't be at all surprised for it to easily be a restoration that costs over a mil. Not only has it sat unattended, I highly doubt it's even up to code. Wiring, plumbing, just the most basic things to make it functional & not a fire hazard is going to mean shelling out some cash.

I live downtown town in a building from 1906 that was converted to lofts & I do believe in preserving these structures as much as possible. They did a beautiful job in my building... That said, that renovation ended up totaling over 12mil... And that was in a bad market. It's a smaller building (former theatre) & they've incorporated what was left & restorable, but this building was empty for less time than the Perelson home. Short of someone who knows & appreciates the history, I'm skeptical about restoration, unless that solely means gutting the inside & justkeeping the facade.

ifindantiquess Guest
    Hello I'm new to this website and have been reading the thread for hours like most have. I've been inside of the house and wanted to share a couple of pictures I took of some details I haven't seen posted before. This picture shows the phone in the master bedroom. At close inspection it looks to have blood on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	405.8 KB 
ID:	53693   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	382 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	53694   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	387 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	53695   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	381 
Size:	222.5 KB 
ID:	53702  

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	376 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	53703   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	383 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	53704  
    Last edited by ifindantiquess; 04-25-2016 at 12:01 AM.

21. 04-24-2016, 09:32 PM
    Reason
    Failure to comply with Rule 6

22. 04-24-2016, 09:40 PM
    Reason
    Failure to comply with Rule 6

Quote Originally Posted by ifindantiquess View Post
    Hello I'm new to this website and have been reading the thread for hours like most have. I've been inside of the house and wanted to share a couple of pictures I took of some details I haven't seen posted before.

You are in violation of Rule 6: Keep the forum tidy, which, for one thing means not posting consecutive post withing a few minutes of each other. Wait an hour or two between posts. Please either combine these into one post, or delete all but one post and use links to the other pictures, or resize them so they will fit into one post box.

Update: since you have apparently ignore my warning I have deleted all but the first post.
    Last edited by cindyt; 04-25-2016 at 10:01 AM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I'm also from San Diego, I even saw them build the Coronado bridge. We just sold my Grandmother's house there in National City. In Texas we would have been lucky to get $30,000, but in San Diego... $240,000! It is definitely more affordable in Texas, we really only have bad heat 3 months out of the year, and there are a lot of Californians relocating to Austin for the tech jobs.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

@Ifindantiquess, Great photos! Wow! I've never seen a phone like that-Upon seeing the photos of this house, Even though it has been unoccupied for decades, The layout is rather strange and dingy and depressing..almost institutional like even for 1950s time.
    It's been said that the Doc was heavily in debt, If he was, it doesn't appear as if he was putting any money into his home.
    It looks as if it was never a warm/ loving place to live..Of course I think the people who live in a home has a lot to do with how a home feels/looks...If one were to go by that, You could get the feeling that the Dr. was a cheap, cold, control freak?
    I don't believe that the house is "haunted" but instead may have an imprint of how that family had to live because of the husband/father- I hope someone will be able to buy it and replace that cold sadness with happiness, warmth & love. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Dangitbawb View Post
    I'm also from San Diego, I even saw them build the Coronado bridge. We just sold my Grandmother's house there in National City. In Texas we would have been lucky to get $30,000, but in San Diego... $240,000! It is definitely more affordable in Texas, we really only have bad heat 3 months out of the year, and there are a lot of Californians relocating to Austin for the tech jobs.
    Welcome. My parents were cops in Imperial Beach!!!
    Minerva

ifindantiquess Guest
    Thank you! @hisabdhearse The layout is definitely strange surprisingly some parts of the house look to have been maintained well even though the house has not been lived in. Tge kreepiest parts of the house for me where the basement, master bedroom(where they say the murder took place) as well has the room with the caged balcony(Judys). The house was empty when I saw it and I'm sure it would have been much more kreepier with the old furniture in there. There is a very sad vibe in the house as you walk through it. It has a lot potential but will need a complete gut job and reconfiguration of floor plan to today's standards. The views are incredible from the second floor but the "ballroom" on the third floor is more like a man cave with low ceilings. I can't imagine too much entertaining there it was dark and closed off but had a nice view of the Ennis house. I would like to spend a night there with a few friends I know one thing for sure the future owner is one lucky person!

Thank you! @hisabdhearse The layout is definitely strange surprisingly some parts of the house look to have been maintained well even though the house has not been lived in. Tge kreepiest parts of the house for me where the basement, master bedroom(where they say the murder took place) as well has the room with the caged balcony(Judys). The house was empty when I saw it and I'm sure it would have been much more kreepier with the old furniture in there. There is a very sad vibe in the house as you walk through it. It has a lot potential but will need a complete gut job and reconfiguration of floor plan to today's standards. The views are incredible from the second floor but the "ballroom" on the third floor is more like a man cave with low ceilings. I can't imagine too much entertaining there it was dark and closed off but had a nice view of the Ennis house. I would like to spend a night there with a few friends I know one thing for sure the future owner is one lucky person!
    My husband asked what that room was when he first saw the exterior pictures..He was wondering what that room was and why it had that cage like thing?
    He didn't think it was for security especially because it is on the second floor.. Kind of bizarre.
    Wonder if the doc was paranoid? Ooh, that ballroom! Looks spooky., I don't know how anyone could have a good time there? I agree, They will probably have to gut it or like my husband said,(He use to live out there decades ago) that someone will probably buy it, tear it down or just leave a wall or two so they can call it a "remodel" and then take up every square foot of the land with another monstrosity of a house. (Kind of like Sharon Tates property) That would be sad IMO..
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 04-27-2016 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hisandhearse View Post
    My husband asked what that room was when he first saw the exterior pictures..He was wondering what that room was and why it had that cage like thing?
    He didn't think it was for security especially because it is on the second floor.. Kind of bizarre.
    Wonder if the doc was paranoid? Ooh, that ballroom! Looks spooky., I don't know how anyone could have a good time there? I agree, They will probably have to gut it or like my husband said,(He use to live out there decades ago) that someone will probably buy it, tear it down or just leave a wall or two so they can call it a "remodel" and then take up every square foot of the land with another monstrosity of a house. (Kind of like Sharon Tates property) That would be sad IMO..
    I can't recall all the particulars, but it also could have been (ironically) a security measure in that no one could accidentally fall or, um... Jump.

As as far as a remodel, while I can't say with certainty, there may be some limits on what the city would allow them to build on that property. The home now is 5000-ish square feet. They certainly have the space in the front to build something ridiculous, however, Glendower Pl. is so narrow that there are only a handful of homes. They're all smaller in comparison. I don't know if the city would let them build down to the street (never mind the leveling of the ground & dealing with the current foundation of the house.)

The backyard is ridiculously small. Being Los Feliz, I imagine someone would probably like a pool. If so, that's pretty much the whole yard.

The Polanski/Tate house (I think Jeff Franklin, creator of Full House owns the mega mansion now) is in Benedict Canyon. It was/is pretty secluded. The Los Feliz area, especially lower Glendower Ave. & Glendower Pl. are more of a traditional neighborhood look. Some of the homes on Glendower Ave. are nice, but they'd really be your typical middle-upper middle class home.

Forfun, here's an Ariel view of the Benedict canyon home for the sake of comparison.

Tate residence & then as it is today...

Here's Glendower Pl. Green = Perelson property—Red = neighbors property—Yellow = street and the dead end. To give an example of how narrow it is, you're basically praying you don't side swipe your car if there's another car coming. I couldn't turn around without edging in to a driveway & then had to make more than one correction to not back in to anything or hit the front of the car on a rock. That's at the very end. Anyway, thought it may be interesting to show the comparisons because I'm geeky like that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	319 
Size:	138.5 KB 
ID:	53720   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	314 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	53721   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	324 
Size:	277.1 KB 
ID:	53722  
    Last edited by sfcitygirl; 05-06-2016 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Glendower place aerial

ifindantiquess Guest

The room with the cage was Judy's room it had her name on the light switch. It was very odd. I would assume it was so that Judy doesn't sneak out at nights? I could imagine someone might buy it and add a pool and possible add sqft to it. Spend a couple million to make it nice again. They can even tear it down and build 12,000 sqft house and the city will allow it.

As of today, According to Realtor.com there is a pending sale on this Mansion, Wonder what will become of it?

As of today, According to Realtor.com there is a pending sale on this Mansion, Wonder what will become of it?
    damn, that was fast. Interested to see how this plays out.

I wont lie... I'm bummed that this story is basically over for good. This was my favourite thread/crime mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by sfcitygirl View Post
    damn, that was fast. Interested to see how this plays out.

I wont lie... I'm bummed that this story is basically over for good. This was my favourite thread/crime mystery.
    I think so too...Since this mansion has such a following, Wouldn't it be great if whoever bought it would somehow update its progress...But that probably won't happen. ..I just hope that whatever happens, That the saddness that occupied that space will be replaced with happiness...JMO

That "phone" is actually an early 20th-century servants' call box/intercom. (Saw many in old Newport mansions last year.) The original owners and some of their successors, who were in the film business, had maids and butlers and so forth. I think the reddish spots are just rust and mold.
    The safety cage was necessary-- the view from the balcony could give someone vertigo. Would NOT like to see someone sleep-walk through those windows!
    I hope someone in the area keeps us updated on what's going on with this notorious home.

I'm happy to keep people updated. I run in the park nearby on the regular & either way, it doesn't take me long to pop over. I'll try to make friends with contractors... Some can be super cool. They let me in to Ennis House!

I'm happy to keep people updated. I run in the park nearby on the regular & either way, it doesn't take me long to pop over. I'll try to make friends with contractors... Some can be super cool. They let me in to Ennis House!
    SF, That would be great and much appreciated as well. It is definitely an interesting house. Thank you in advance for the future updates!

I drove over this past weekend & while it doesn't appear that anything has changed (save for fencing & a million 'no trespassing signs) one thing that was rather interesting was seeing the neighbors cars being parked back on their own property. They used to have a couple of their cars in the lower Perelson garage driveway at all times.

This is may sound odd, but even though the neighborhood is the same & it's still quiet, there isn't the same feeling of almost... I don't know... Stagnant(?) life. I've been in all kinds of weather, so it wasn't the sun. It may be psychological in knowing that things are going to change, but there wasn't a sense of sadness. I hadn't thought there was before, but looking back, I know something felt different.

I drove over this past weekend & while it doesn't appear that anything has changed (save for fencing & a million 'no trespassing signs) one thing that was rather interesting was seeing the neighbors cars being parked back on their own property. They used to have a couple of their cars in the lower Perelson garage driveway at all times.

This is may sound odd, but even though the neighborhood is the same & it's still quiet, there isn't the same feeling of almost... I don't know... Stagnant(?) life. I've been in all kinds of weather, so it wasn't the sun. It may be psychological in knowing that things are going to change, but there wasn't a sense of sadness. I hadn't thought there was before, but looking back, I know something felt different.
    Hi SF, I noticed that it appears on Realtor.com that its back on the market @ a reduced price. IMO It's so nice and much appreciated of you to check on this very intrigueing property-
    I'm interested in what its outcome will be. Thanks again

navallint Guest
    SF, they may have had the house blessed to get rid of the negative vibe.

ifindantiquess Guest
    There is a probate court date set on June 15th for the confirmation. If anyone wants to purchase the property will have to be there. On that day the highest bidder will be going into escrow to purchase the property. The sale will probably be complete in about 40 days from now. There's a lot of local realtor talk about the property and I've been hearing it's had a lot of activity. Would love to see what they do with it.

ifindantiquess Guest
    Just a update for you guys... Court was this morning the original bid for 2,180,000 which was out bid and sold for 2,289,500. There was press in the court room so I'm sure you will be reading about it. There is also a documentary that will be in the works. The current buyers plan on living there so it doesn't look like it won't be demolished, possibly restored.

luckyinlove Guest
    Just a update for you guys... Court was this morning the original bid for 2,180,000 which was out bid and sold for 2,289,500. There was press in the court room so I'm sure you will be reading about it. There is also a documentary that will be in the works. The current buyers plan on living there so it doesn't look like it won't be demolished, possibly restored.
    Great news!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyinlove View Post
    Great news!
    Yes, GREAT news indeed! Thank you for the updates ifindantiquess... VERY MUCH appreciated!
    Excited to hear more news on the home, its new owners, and their plans for the property!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

There is a FB page called History in Pictures that has featured the house and one of the commenters insists that Rudy and family lived in the house and that the items in there were not necessarily from the Perelson family. Which, if true, would blow the whole mystique about the house being untouched since the night of the murder.

https://www.facebook.com/HistoryInPi...10084879254147
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

I wrote out a detailed chronology of the events (i decided to do a pre-taped episode of my radio show dedicated to it and the chronology was my episode outline), but the post was too long to put in 1 post.. And as the guy below me wrote apparently by having it in two posts for some reason violates board rules. Anyway.. I'll post a link to the episode when it's up on iTunes podcasts.. Or if you want to listen live (though it's a pre-taped episode.. i usually do my radio shows live and have a guest & call in's.. but i'm going on vacation hence I decided to do a pre-taped special on the Los Feliz Murder Mansion) my show airs Saturday (July 16th) at 11pm EST/ 8pm PST on tune-in radio app station Energy Rock Radio.
    Last edited by CherubRock; 07-14-2016 at 09:25 PM.

46. 07-14-2016, 01:34 PM
    Reason
    delete

CherubRock, per your posts 1040 and 1041--I understand you didn't have room to put all this info in one post due to character limit, however, it is against the rules to post two or more comments in a row. Please delete the second one and leave a link to it on the first post. OR, you can delete the post 1041 and repost it beneath this one.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

48. 07-22-2016, 09:28 PM

navallint Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by susieQ View Post
    The house closed escrow this week and the couple who bought it will soon be fixing it up to live in! Alot of house in Los Feliz for that price...
    Great news, glad they are not tearing it down.

The house closed escrow this week and the couple who bought it will soon be fixing it up to live in! Alot of house in Los Feliz for that price...
    Bless their hearts! I hope they live a happy life there-Making it a positive place instead of a negative space.

51. 07-29-2016, 03:02 PM

Did you all see that Gloria Allred's daughter bought the house?

http://www.latimes.com/business/real...nap-story.html
    It's fitting, in a way.
    Oh, well, if they really like the house and willing and able to restore it and live in it, I'm willing to overlook the fact of who Lisa Bloom's Mom is.
    Though all those stairs would probably be daunting for older persons-- maybe they'll fit an elevator in there somewhere.

Seagorath Guest
    Losers, losers, losers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cide-home.html

Link in this article to photographer/videographer Alexis Vaughn coverage of the house http://www.lifeinmylens-photo.com/bl...n-january-2016

Can someone please point out which room is the ballroom? I cant figure it out. Thanks
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

55. 07-29-2016, 08:54 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    It's fitting, in a way.
    Oh, well, if they really like the house and willing and able to restore it and live in it, I'm willing to overlook the fact of who Lisa Bloom's Mom is.
    Though all those stairs would probably be daunting for older persons-- maybe they'll fit an elevator in there somewhere.
    I really hope they restore it and bring it back to life- (Didn't someone say they were NOT going to tear it down?)
    They will probably have to strip it down to its bones, especially with its current condition, probable mold, odd floor plan and all...Re: Her mother, I don't compare people to whom they are born to..(you know, sins of the mother/father thing)
    I hope if they choose to live there, I hope they don't turn it into one of those white boxie houses that resembles a huge Marshmallow that you so much of out there...And that it will be a positive loving home, Something that property so desperately needs.
    JMO
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 07-30-2016 at 10:31 AM.

57. 08-06-2016, 01:50 PM

A little "peek" into what the new owners plan for the house. Excited to see someone is going to love it and enjoy it!

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...388886172.html
    Thank you for the link- I wish them all the best in their journey to revive this home and fill it with the love and happiness it deserves, making it a real home...warm wishes of all blessings and light to them.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 08-06-2016 at 09:21 PM.

Don't know that anyone posted this vid. It's kinda stupid, but hey, whatever. http://youtu.be/UvktUUEFvhQ
    It's one that makes me smh because these two seem to be out oft owners & way more dramatic than it is re: getting there & getting 'past' the neighbors. Well, at least when it was still accessible.

i am glad they will retain the original facade. That was ultimately my biggest hope for the place. That said, if I understood correctly, they're only looking at 'a couple mo the' of renovation? Unless they have massive crews working around the clock, I can't imagine how they'll get through it that quickly.even keeping the general layout in tact, it still has some problems beyond superficial stuff.

I hope theyll do a do a spread for LA times or magazine once they're finished. Wish them many happy years there. It truly is a great neighborhood & the house is a good size without being ridiculously ostentatious.

(I don't know why I'm finding it oddly funny that there's a Gloria Allred connection.)

i am glad they will retain the original facade. That was ultimately my biggest hope for the place. That said, if I understood correctly, they're only looking at 'a couple mo the' of renovation? Unless they have massive crews working around the clock, I can't imagine how they'll get through it that quickly.even keeping the general layout in tact, it still has some problems beyond superficial stuff.

I hope theyll do a do a spread for LA times or magazine once they're finished. Wish them many happy years there. It truly is a great neighborhood & the house is a good size without being ridiculously ostentatious.

(I don't know why I'm finding it oddly funny that there's a Gloria Allred connection.)
    Hi SF, I think I read that somewhere too about just taking a couple of months-At least its optimistic right?
    They would probably have to work around the clock just to make it livable within that time frame unless they are using wands instead of hammers?
    Just hope they are happy there.

Last edited by hisandhearse; 08-08-2016 at 08:38 AM.

61. 08-08-2016, 01:11 PM