Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Hell's Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Mintgiver View Post
    Can I say that I still hate Tenille? I just can't STAND the woman.

Next week, I think Andy will go, or Tenille if the women win.
    I can't stand her still. They are investing a ton of camera time on her... I hope that does not mean she is going to be a finalist.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    Ain't that the truth, on the Robert front. Ramsay asks him why he should stay and all he does is rail on what's wrong with the other guy. Not smart at all.
    Nope it was not. I think he got way cocky this time around..

Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    Yep. Like he belongs in "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure".
    I think he may be better off working as a roadie for the Phish or Dave Matthews. I am just waiting for the Dorm Cameras to catch him firing up a 6 foot waterbong.

I casn't see Dave being authorative enough to run a kitchen. Many (not all, though) chefs are pains in the ass because it is the only way to lead their brigade to success. I would not want to ask my husband's group if he is always nice. He has kept the same staff for 15 years, though.

Did anyone notice the big mistake tonight? During the dinner service, Tek, who was eliminated weeks ago, was clearly visible in the kitchen. Sloppy editing...

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hank chinaski View Post
    Did anyone notice the big mistake tonight? During the dinner service, Tek, who was eliminated weeks ago, was clearly visible in the kitchen. Sloppy editing...

What???? Whoa! I totally missed that!! *turns it back on to watch it again*

As much as I hate to say it, Tennille did really well tonight.

I KNEW he wasn't gonna send Suzanne home.

LOL at Kevin, the seafood chef, identifying the claims as spinach.

Haha at Van saying, "BOILED COCONUT?? WHO THE F***K EATS BOILED COCONUT???"

pvezz Guest

Holy crap! Good eye, Hank!!!

OK, so WTF is she doing there, in a red uniform, helping them cook?

Nelliebean Guest
    I do believe I could identify cream cheese even if I were half dead!!!

I think the editors just put in a wrong clip when they were finishing the episode.

What did they think the cream cheese was? My kids bought a cartoon DVD, and have not stopped watching it yet, so I am locked out of the DVR choices!

gemini33 Guest
    What???? Whoa! I totally missed that!! *turns it back on to watch it again*

As much as I hate to say it, Tennille did really well tonight.

I KNEW he wasn't gonna send Suzanne home.

LOL at Kevin, the seafood chef, identifying the claims as spinach.

Haha at Van saying, "BOILED COCONUT?? WHO THE F***K EATS BOILED COCONUT???"
    Tek was there twice. First time was around 40 minutes into the show. And it's not like she was just a small figure in the background, she was shown in full. Then she was in the kitchen a couple minutes later when Chef was yelling at Amanda for the second time.

I knew he wasn't going to send Suzanne home either. As much as I hate to say it, she'll be around for a few more episodes.

I see it shaping up like this: Final 5 - Kevin, Dave, Van, Ariel, and Suzanne. Suzanne to be the first to go of that group. Kevin will win. Not sure who will be second.

I wonder how bad Suzanne has to screw up in order to eliminated. It seems that at least once every season somone lasts on that show longer than they deserve to.

pvezz Guest
    I wonder how bad Suzanne has to screw up in order to eliminated. It seems that at least once every season somone lasts on that show longer than they deserve to.

Yeah, she was really crappy last week, but I knew, too that he wouldn't send her home. BTW, where the hell did Tennille come from?? She's actually been really good lately.

I think it'll be Kevin and Dave in the end.

As to Tek, does anyone know if that is SOP? In other words, the chefs that are voted off stay and help them?

I wonder if Tenille will go home tonight?

There is a two-hour episode tonight! It starts at 8, so I am making a big batch of funnel cakes and we are tucking in to watch!

STsFirstmate Guest
    I wonder if Tenille will go home tonight?

There is a two-hour episode tonight! It starts at 8, so I am making a big batch of funnel cakes and we are tucking in to watch!
    Funnel cakes with powdered sugar??????? Ooooh can I come over too?
    Regards,
    Mary

Yeah, they would've been good, too, if I didn't have two teenage boys who hoovered up most of the tray. You should've seen the look on their sisters face. Disgust, rage, horror.

I am glad Van is gone. He was WAY to convinced of his own masculinity for my tastes. I won't miss Sabrina much, either. Dave is really impressing me, though! He just keeps going. I still think Kevin has this, though.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Yeah, they would've been good, too, if I didn't have two teenage boys who hoovered up most of the tray. You should've seen the look on their sisters face. Disgust, rage, horror.

I am glad Van is gone. He was WAY to convinced of his own masculinity for my tastes. I won't miss Sabrina much, either. Dave is really impressing me, though! He just keeps going. I still think Kevin has this, though.
    Ok did I nod off or something? I know Sabrina was eliminated but I thought Van skated by. He was eliminated too? How did we miss that? My better half can't stand him.
    Regards,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by STsFirstmate View Post
    Ok did I nod off or something? I know Sabrina was eliminated but I thought Van skated by. He was eliminated too? How did we miss that? My better half can't stand him.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Van couldn't handle the pressure. He just cracked. It didn't help that Chef Gordon was on his case the entire night.

gemini33 Guest
    Regards,
    Mary
    Did you stop watching at 9? It was back to back episodes. Van got the boot in the second episode. I'm glad he's gone. I couldn't stand his yelling anymore.

I think so too. I've liked both he and Dave from the beginning. Even with their injuries right off the bat, they both continue to do better than their able-bodied competitors. So I think for either of them to go before the final two, they'd have to either have some grand fuck-ups or their injuries would have to be stressed to the point of putting them out.

gemini33 Guest
    I think so too. I've liked both he and Dave from the beginning. Even with their injuries right off the bat, they both continue to do better than their able-bodied competitors. So I think for either of them to go before the final two, they'd have to either have some grand fuck-ups or their injuries would have to be stressed to the point of putting them out.
    I've been thinking Kevin has this in the bag ever since he got hurt and was still better than everyone else. I thought Kevin and Ariel in the final two, but she's messed up some. I'm saying Kevin and Dave now. I've grown tired of Dave. His boring voice tone and lack of emotion when he talks drives me bonkers. I wish Tennille would quit yelling while talking because she says some funny things... I just can't stand the yelling.

19. 09-24-2009, 06:04 AM

I did have a laugh when Suzanne was bragging after she and Dave won the taste-it/make-it challenge and Dave shushed her. If she could only take a hint.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    Did you stop watching at 9? It was back to back episodes. Van got the boot in the second episode. I'm glad he's gone. I couldn't stand his yelling anymore.
    Yes indeed. We missed the second episode. Did we miss anything good other than Van getting to boot. So he did not improve in the second episode and Suzanne still skated by?
    Also everybody... does it amaze you that all these chef's seem to smoke?? That has to screw up your sense of smell and taste buds. I am just amazed each time I see them all lighting up.
    Regards,
    Mary

That's why all of them have terrible palettes, Mary.

My husband used to smoke, years ago. He says it is the stress. He claims that he always had a good palette, though. I think he is revising history.

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    I've been thinking Kevin has this in the bag ever since he got hurt and was still better than everyone else. I thought Kevin and Ariel in the final two, but she's messed up some. I'm saying Kevin and Dave now. I've grown tired of Dave. His boring voice tone and lack of emotion when he talks drives me bonkers. I wish Tennille would quit yelling while talking because she says some funny things... I just can't stand the yelling.
    I agree, Gemmie. Tennille (aka Whoopie Walker ) cracked me up a few times last night. When she was gagging in the pig sty, I lol'd. She did really well in service, too. Who 'da thunk he'd be praising her?

Good riddance, Van. When he was sweating into the food, I almost vomited myself.

I LMAO'd when Gordon slammed his fist into the halibut and the little pieces went flying everywhere.

Suzanne's an ass. I would have voted her off just because she didn't have the balls to plate and serve the food without him checking it.

Suzanne's an ass. I would have voted her off just because she didn't have the balls to plate and serve the food without him checking it.
    Her attitude of 'I'm not putting my ass on the line' was silly wasn't it? By retreating, she did, lol.

gemini33 Guest
    Yes indeed. We missed the second episode. Did we miss anything good other than Van getting to boot. So he did not improve in the second episode and Suzanne still skated by?
    Also everybody... does it amaze you that all these chef's seem to smoke?? That has to screw up your sense of smell and taste buds. I am just amazed each time I see them all lighting up.
    Regards,
    Mary
    Yes, it seems like they all smoke!! I noticed it a couple of seasons ago. I would think it would screw up their taste buds as well.

pvezz Guest
    Her attitude of 'I'm not putting my ass on the line' was silly wasn't it? By retreating, she did, lol.

I didn't think of it that way, but you're absolutely right. Meh, she'll be gone soon anyway, me thinks.

suicide_blonde Guest
    Christina and Suzanne on the screen at the same time made me want to punch out my tv! Can't stand either of those bitches.

His monotone voice may be annoying as hell, but Dave ROCKS!!

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by suicide_blonde View Post
    Christina and Suzanne on the screen at the same time made me want to punch out my tv! Can't stand either of those bitches.

His monotone voice may be annoying as hell, but Dave ROCKS!!

I think it will be Dave and Kevin in the finals.

suicide_blonde Guest
    FINALLY!!!!

Good riddance, Suzanne, you bitch!

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by suicide_blonde View Post
    FINALLY!!!!

Good riddance, Suzanne, you bitch!

Hahaha!

Kevin was really devious last night, wasn't he???

suicide_blonde Guest
    Hahaha!

Kevin was really devious last night, wasn't he???
    Oh, he was being a royal dick. I still like 'ol monotone Dave, though he finally did change pitch a time or two this week! I admire his determination, working with that busted hand.

I predict Ariel will be next, she has really fallen apart the last couple of weeks.

I started to dislike Kevin. He has the talent to win the whole thing. I just wish he wouldn't douche it up by trying to screw with Dave.

Yeah. I know what you mean. Even though this show is a contest and stuff like that is going to happen, it puts someone in a different light when they do that. I've seen people who didn't get along in RW kitchens do stuff like that too. It's petty, imo. I think someone should stand on their own two feet instead of trying to cut someone else off at the knees like that.

I also found it interesting that Kevin did that after the rice incident.

pvezz Guest
    Loved, loved, LOVED Young Gordon Ramsay being on the show last night - lol - that kid CRACKS me up!

I knew Whoopie Walker (thanks, SC ) would be gone. Even after her makeover, she still looked like a guy, didn't she? That fish station was her downfall - lol

I think Ariel is gone next week.

Sad to say that I don't think there will be many seasons left. It has become so incredibly predictable (the chefs screw up, Ramsay goes nuts, the chefs get it back together!); how long can you sustain that? The fake suspense, too, last night, with Dave.....

I'll watch it as long as it is on, though; 'cuz I never get tired of watching him scream at people!

STsFirstmate Guest
    Loved, loved, LOVED Young Gordon Ramsay being on the show last night - lol - that kid CRACKS me up!

I knew Whoopie Walker (thanks, SC ) would be gone. Even after her makeover, she still looked like a guy, didn't she? That fish station was her downfall - lol

I think Ariel is gone next week.

Sad to say that I don't think there will be many seasons left. It has become so incredibly predictable (the chefs screw up, Ramsay goes nuts, the chefs get it back together!); how long can you sustain that? The fake suspense, too, last night, with Dave.....

I'll watch it as long as it is on, though; 'cuz I never get tired of watching him scream at people!
    I barely watch it at this point. These guys are pretty much glorified line cooks vs the caliber of chef we see on Top Chef. There is just no comparison. There is an exceptional group competing on Top Chef this year and frankly everyone on Hells Kitchen always looks like they need a good bath except Kevin this year. They just all seem not particularly well educated or bright. I know some one who was approached for Hell's Kitchen and he was told he was not going to make the cut because he was too even tempered.
    I still watch it but more just to see Gordon go nuts. I love the F Word and watch that every chance I get. I learn something new every show.
    Regards,
    Mary

I wonder if Dave was drunk when he answered the phone.

Yeah, Hank, I would bet on it. The way he dropped the phone, the way they giggled, and the way he answered all added up to being more than a little tipsy to me.

Oh, well. Tenille is gone. I think Dave might be next. It will come down to Ariel and Kevin.

I am driving my family nuts reminding them that I picked Kevin from show number one!

KarmaKat Guest
    So glad to see Tennille go. She was really beginning to bug me.
    But the look of pride and excitement when she was showing Kevin her new knives was just priceless. She reminded me of a little kid on xmas morning.
    Ariel gone next with Dave and Kevin in the final.
    Hope Dave wins or at least Gordon offers him a job.

suicide_blonde Guest
    WHOOT!!!!!!

.....not totally spoiling for those in later timezones

gemini33 Guest
    Second year in a row that I think Chef didn't pick the better chef. Dave??? Please, I'd stick a fork in my eye before I'd let that boring assed man be my head chef... yeah, I really would like his greasy hair sweat in my food. Then again, the "grand prize" just like last year is more like a pugatory than a prize.

pvezz Guest
    I think I would've had to pick Dave just because of his tenacity; the guy spent the entire time cooking with one hand!

Like Gemmie said, though, it is like going to purgatory. I would love to know the real deal behind what Heather, Roc, Danny and Kristina are doing these days. Prolly waiting tables.

I would love to know the real deal behind what Heather, Roc, Danny and Kristina are doing these days. Prolly waiting tables.
    Heather was the Sous Chef this season. She is the one who hugged Dave and said, "Welcome to the club!"

STsFirstmate Guest
    Heather was the Sous Chef this season. She is the one who hugged Dave and said, "Welcome to the club!"
    Mint giver none of these people were executive chef material. They are barely sous chefs.
    I am swearing off after this season.
    Regards,
    Mary

pvezz Guest
    I thought I'd heard that her "executive chef" position after her win basically became a nondescript position as one of the many cooks at that particular restaurant. That's what I meant about wondering what the winners are doing now.

Mary, I don't care if it is fake or not - lol - I'll still watch it!

I guess Dave put down the water bong long enough to win. I thought Kevin was going to take it but he got too cocky towards the end.

I thought it was interesting how they showed a softer side to Gordon this year. Maybe they are trying to repair some of the damage to his reputation that was done by him having the affair.

STsFirstmate Guest
    I thought I'd heard that her "executive chef" position after her win basically became a nondescript position as one of the many cooks at that particular restaurant. That's what I meant about wondering what the winners are doing now.

Mary, I don't care if it is fake or not - lol - I'll still watch it!
    I don't think it is fake but I do know someone who was considered. They look for exotic personality types and they definately are not looking for classically trained chefs. This guy was a cook at a boarding school. They almost picked him too but they felt "he was too even tempered to be interesting for the who event." The students at the school sent in an application for him without his knowedge.
    Regards,
    Mary

KarmaKat Guest
    Well I was really happy Dave won.
    Lol he could cook in my kitchen anyday.
    I think Gordon makes the right choices nearly every season.

Filming of Season 7 was undergoing as of February 20th, 2010, and saw the 100th episode of show.

KarmaKat Guest
    Cant wait!!!!

Mrs. James Dean Guest
    Hell's Kitchen season premiere tonight! WOHOOOO! Finally, I luv this show!

OH thank you, I saw this just in time to record it!