Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3101112
Results 551 to 595 of 595

Thread: Hell's Kitchen

  1. #551
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    4,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    If this idiot puts canned pineapple that means there's canned pineapple ALREADY in the kitchen. What does Hells Kitchen used canned pineapple for? I am in no way shape or form sticking up for this moron but I do raise an interesting point.
    Thank you for bringing this up Jersey- it is indeed an excellent point. Obviously, these contestants do not bring their own ingredients, so why would the show bring in sub-par quality canned items for use and then heap out criticism on the dishes that contained them? Extremely sanctimonious and hypocritical.

  2. #552
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by cdolen View Post
    Thank you for bringing this up Jersey- it is indeed an excellent point. Obviously, these contestants do not bring their own ingredients, so why would the show bring in sub-par quality canned items for use and then heap out criticism on the dishes that contained them? Extremely sanctimonious and hypocritical.

    But could the genius that is Gordon Ramsey be testing the so-called chefs to see if they would choose the canned crap, over slicing fresh pineapple?

    And if there isn't fresh pineapple there could the test be to see what the so-called chef would substitute for fresh pineapple.

    Then again, there wouldn't be any drama, would there?

  3. #553
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,281
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post
    But could the genius that is Gordon Ramsey be testing the so-called chefs to see if they would choose the canned crap, over slicing fresh pineapple?

    And if there isn't fresh pineapple there could the test be to see what the so-called chef would substitute for fresh pineapple.

    Then again, there wouldn't be any drama, would there?
    That's exactly what I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    The only reason I watched the entire thing was because I was wondering who the middle aged lesbian white woman was in the house full of Armenians. Then I found out it was Bruce Jenner.

  4. #554
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,941
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    That's exactly what I thought!
    That was my thought, also!

    Carrie is gross, just nasty. Do you think her and Branden did the dirty?
    Winner Heather West said in their contracts they had a no fraternization clause. (because her and Dead Rachel would have totally boned ) I'm wondering if they have that in there anymore because Holly and that nasty Jay seemed to be getting it on during their season.

  5. #555
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,281
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    That was my thought, also!

    Carrie is gross, just nasty. Do you think her and Branden did the dirty?
    Winner Heather West said in their contracts they had a no fraternization clause. (because her and Dead Rachel would have totally boned ) I'm wondering if they have that in there anymore because Holly and that nasty Jay seemed to be getting it on during their season.

    lololollllll

    They certainly lead us to believe they did, but I don't think so. They prolly screwed around a little, but I don't think they did IT. lol.

    Carrie thinks she is so HAWT. Ummmm, really?
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    The only reason I watched the entire thing was because I was wondering who the middle aged lesbian white woman was in the house full of Armenians. Then I found out it was Bruce Jenner.

  6. #556
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    899
    I hope that Elise gets chucked in the walk-in.

  7. #557
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintgiver View Post
    I hope that Elise gets chucked in the walk-in.
    oh I fucking hate her she is delusional

  8. #558
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,917
    I want the UK version to come back so I can perve over Marco again

    http://www.dare.co.uk/people/marco-pierre-white/

    Sigh!
    “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”

    How far would you drive to rock in another man's grave?- Love/Hate, Happy Hour

  9. #559
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,307
    Elise is a trouble maker and a drama queen.

  10. #560
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,941
    For dramatic purposes, I'm sure they will keep both Elise and Carrie around for awhile. Their fighting was funny at first, now it's just annoying!

  11. #561
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,462
    Quote Originally Posted by cdolen View Post
    Thank you for bringing this up Jersey- it is indeed an excellent point. Obviously, these contestants do not bring their own ingredients, so why would the show bring in sub-par quality canned items for use and then heap out criticism on the dishes that contained them? Extremely sanctimonious and hypocritical.
    Unless it was to test the contestants to see which ones would fall for the bait and take a shortcut. I know I personally couldn't hack it in Hell's Kitchen. One reason is I cannot cook a meal, from scratch, in under an hour. I just can't. I have tried and I can't, my from-scratch meals take a few hours. The second reason is the first time Chef Ramsey yelled at me, I'd burst into tears. I would. I do think that the makers of Smurfs should've had Ramsey playing Chef Smurf rather than Wolfgang Puck.

  12. #562
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    For dramatic purposes, I'm sure they will keep both Elise and Carrie around for awhile. Their fighting was funny at first, now it's just annoying!
    I may be in the unpopular mindset here, but I think Carrie is getting the crap end of the stick. Except for flirting with what's-his-face, she hasn't been anymore flirty than Natalie was posing for all those pictures in her bikini for her male teammates.

    There hasn't been an episode yet where I didn't want to stick my foot up Elise's butt and turn her toward those double doors. She's been instigating, and under-performing, and ducking under the radar since she first got there. Everytime she messes something up, the finger gets pointed elsewhere...She's like a little kid in preschool. "SHE DID IT!"

    I agree they'll keep them on as long as they can to keep the fire going, but it's sort of a bummer. I don't think Carrie's a better chef than Elise, or anybody else for that matter, but I don't think she deserves all the negativity she's been tossed...Look at who they all chose when Ramsay asked them all who they'd boot! HA!
    <3 Rest Well, pvezz. <3

  13. #563
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,941
    My mom said Wednesday night that Carrie will probably end up winning the whole thing. I think Carrie is okay, not great. The only full seasons my mom has watched is Hell's Kitchen season 2 and Master Chef season 1 so far; I knew who the winners were already, but my mom picked Heather to win HK in like the 3rd episode and Whitney to win MC only a few episodes in. She's kinda got a knack for picking the winner. I asked her if she cheated and look, she said she didn't. Now that I'm thinking about it, she picked Nona to win HK last year when it was down to the final 6. She only had watched a few episodes but, we watched that finale live, so I know she didn't cheat there!

  14. #564
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,462
    Usually I have a favorite I want to win (and season 2 it was Heather) but this season I just can't pick one....I don't know why, I just can't.

  15. #565
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW FW, TX
    Posts
    1,922
    IDK, right now my money is on Will. He seems to have his stuff together pretty well. He's a presence in the kitchen. Natalie might be my second pick if she can get her head on straight; maybe now that Jonathon is gone, she can. Not impressed with any of the other men. Jennifer might be a dark horse; don't see Carrie or Elise either one going that far. Thought some of Wolfgang's comments last night were pretty good.

    Off topic and gotta brag - my niece is a pasty cook at Wolfgang's 560 in Dallas; her BF is a sushi/line chef. Sorry (sheepish grin), but very proud.

  16. #566
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    Off topic and gotta brag - my niece is a pasty cook at Wolfgang's 560 in Dallas; her BF is a sushi/line chef. Sorry (sheepish grin), but very proud.
    You have every right to be proud of their accomplishments!

    With everything that's going on in the world it's nice to read something positive for a change.

    Keep bragging.

  17. #567
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,281
    Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    IDK, right now my money is on Will. He seems to have his stuff together pretty well. He's a presence in the kitchen. Natalie might be my second pick if she can get her head on straight; maybe now that Jonathon is gone, she can. Not impressed with any of the other men. Jennifer might be a dark horse; don't see Carrie or Elise either one going that far. Thought some of Wolfgang's comments last night were pretty good.

    Off topic and gotta brag - my niece is a pasty cook at Wolfgang's 560 in Dallas; her BF is a sushi/line chef. Sorry (sheepish grin), but very proud.
    I agree about Will. Jonathan was strong early on but he turned into a whining p***y. I lol'd when they showed that 'pizza' he and Mr. Bentley made for Wolfgang. And cool about your niece!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    The only reason I watched the entire thing was because I was wondering who the middle aged lesbian white woman was in the house full of Armenians. Then I found out it was Bruce Jenner.

  18. #568
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hicktown
    Posts
    696
    Yeah when Jonathan starting that whining crap and bailed out on the cleaning-i thought what a loser.
    He deserved to get sent home I think. However i'm like you guys-I don't see who has it to win.
    I believe the regular run of the mill contestants on Masterchef could run this bunch in the ground!

  19. #569
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,941
    Master Chef, for anyone watching, I hope that arrogant sob Christian doesn't win, but I have this awful feeling he will.

    As far as HK, I'm with the rest of you, no clue who is going to win.
    I know this is really bad, but I don't think Will will win it for this reason only... he's not attractive. What you say? All of the past winners have been somewhat attractive, Nona was so-so (but she cleans up nicely), I DO think looks play into it a little. Look at Hollie, I thought Jay was a way better cook than her! Petrozza should have won when much younger and prettier Christina won. If Will does end up winning, I will eat my words, but until then, I'm sticking with my theory.

  20. #570
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW FW, TX
    Posts
    1,922
    Thanks SquirrelNutZipper and pvezz so much. She was quite the "wild child" in high school and shortly thereafter, then all of the sudden out of the blue she wants to go to culinary school! Wham bam, first job out of the box is WP's. Took some out of state friends over a few months ago, sat at her BF's sushi bar while he did omikache and then had one of every desert she made!!! What a wonderful treat. I would love one day to see her on Hell's Kitchen or better yet, Top Chef Just Deserts!


    Back on topic - gemini33, I would like to think looks don't play that big of a role, but I'm sure there is no denying it. I was very proud when Nona one and surprised about Petrozza. At this point I'll still back Will, but keep your theory in mind.

  21. #571
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hicktown
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    Master Chef, for anyone watching, I hope that arrogant sob Christian doesn't win, but I have this awful feeling he will.

    As far as HK, I'm with the rest of you, no clue who is going to win.
    I know this is really bad, but I don't think Will will win it for this reason only... he's not attractive. What you say? All of the past winners have been somewhat attractive, Nona was so-so (but she cleans up nicely), I DO think looks play into it a little. Look at Hollie, I thought Jay was a way better cook than her! Petrozza should have won when much younger and prettier Christina won. If Will does end up winning, I will eat my words, but until then, I'm sticking with my theory.
    Oh gosh i hope Christian doesnt either. I can't stand looking at him with that ugly mouth and teeth of his. Yuck. I wouldnt want anything he cooked. I also cant stand Suzy...i think i despise her worse than christian!

  22. #572
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,281
    Is anyone else still watching this season?

    I was trying to root for Elise since she's from here in Pgh, but who in their right mind could vote for someone like her??? I thought it was such a nice gesture when whats-his-face took her on his reward with him, but I figured it wouldn't do any good.

    LOL @ Chef yelling at Tennille. Again.

    I think it'll come down to Jennifer and the guy who won the challenge tonight (why can't I remember his name??) They're keeping Elise around because she's good TV. Can't believe Mr. Bentley's made it this far.
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    The only reason I watched the entire thing was because I was wondering who the middle aged lesbian white woman was in the house full of Armenians. Then I found out it was Bruce Jenner.

  23. #573
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,102
    I love HK but for some reason, the thought of watching this season makes me want to tear my hair out. Oh yeah thats right, the reason is Elise. Dont think she makes good TV at all. If I was any relation of hers I would be so embarrassed of her behaviour. It shocks me she is still there.

    Will or Jennifer for the win

  24. #574
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,281
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    I love HK but for some reason, the thought of watching this season makes me want to tear my hair out. Oh yeah thats right, the reason is Elise. Dont think she makes good TV at all. If I was any relation of hers I would be so embarrassed of her behaviour. It shocks me she is still there.

    Will or Jennifer for the win

    Will; that's his name! Thanks!

    Maybe I should rephrase that. Not 'good TV', but definitely good for ratings.
    Quote Originally Posted by stacebabe View Post
    The only reason I watched the entire thing was because I was wondering who the middle aged lesbian white woman was in the house full of Armenians. Then I found out it was Bruce Jenner.

  25. #575
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,102
    All I know is that she is the reason I stopped watching this season. I actually enjoy watching the cooking not just some undertalented, upperty, egotistical B#$*h yell at people about how wonderful she thinks she is. If I wanted to watch that I would watch Jersey Shore or The Kardashians

  26. #576
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,941
    My final 3 - Paul, Will, and Jennifer. I'd be happy with any one of them winning.

    Elise just needs to go. If she's not in the final 2, she will be one of the ones they bring back to help cook at the end... NO WAY I'd pick her, you thought Jen (season 4) had attitude, I think Elise will be 10 times worse!

    I'm with you, Paula, I can't believe Mr. Bentley is still there! He seems like a nice guy, but he is sooooo creepy looking! Especially when he thinks he's flirting... that's just scary!

    I barely recognized Ben from season 5. He's lost a lot of weight, he looks good.
    Trev still looked disgusting as ever.

  27. #577
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,307
    My pick is Jennifer.

  28. #578
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,941
    I HATE ELISE!!!!! WHAT A HORRIBLE PERSON SHE IS ! tALK ABOUT NEVER TAKING BLAME FOR SHIT!!!

  29. #579
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,102
    There is no way she should win. I mean who would work for her? To be a trully good boss or leader you have to have respect. No one could respect a loud mouth, know it all, rude, vile woman like her. I hope she never works in a kitchen again after this.

    Sorry she just really makes my blood boil.

  30. #580
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,102
    On a happy note though (lol), it was great to see Van back.
    Seems he and the other past competitors are all doing well for themselves which is good.

  31. #581
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,941
    Just watched this weeks episode and I can't believe Chef booted Jennifer!! She's a better cook than Tommy and Elise combined! Elise never comes close to even winning challenges. He must be keeping her there for the drama. I like Paul and hope he wins, but that was a shitty deal he made with Elise.

  32. #582
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    6,838
    He keeps Elise around for the drama!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

  33. #583
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Geelong, Australia
    Posts
    18,395
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    I tried watching Master Chef, but I much prefer screaming, swearing Gordon to the real Gordon - LOL
    The best Master Chef franchise is the British one (which I think was the first) as it has the best format. Four people come in, cook a feed which gets accessed and then they go off to a restaurant to work in the kitchen for the day. The Head Chef rates them and then back to the studio to cook another dish. Then the winner is elected. The critiques are honest, not too harsh with no histrionics.

    The Australian one is a nightmare, it goes for 85+ episodes per season. They drag it out for months so as to jam in the ad breaks to maximize revenue. As I have said here many times, TV is an advertising medium with content. The show just comes across as Victorian in tone. Good little sycophantic cookies all obediently going to front of class to present dishes for judging. The judges are cooks, not actors, so when the histrionics start it gets god-awful. For the contestants, everyone loves everyone. It is so PC and saccharine sweet you want to barf, nobody says a bad comment about anyone. They have master classes all the time (which they have bundled together and packaged as another episodic cooking show, they are really milking it), and endless team challenges. There are cook-offs against professional chefs, elimination challenges, mystery box challenges etc etc, it is endless. It is so blatantly commercially orientated towards product placement it is sickening. It was revealed recently that the contestants get paid $500 per week to be garrisoned in a house together for three months whilst filming goes on. You get the chop from the show, you still have to stay at the house. They own your soul according to the contract. Sign up for that show and you sign your life away in perpetuity.

    The second American Master Chef season is on at the moment, I didn't see the first. You get the cooks going to front to present dishes for judging, but the process doesn't seem as sycophantic as in the Aussie one. The judges are pretty good with their comments, though the bald guy with the prison pussy can be acerbic in his comments, minus the histrionics. Also, the contestants comments are great, they actually don't like each other, it is not a love-in like the Aussie one. The best bit is all the nonsense master classes have been chopped. You cook a dish, it gets judged. Three winners are selected, the worst two cook off. They have the team challenges, the worst two cook off, but they are not as numerous as the Aussie one. I quite enjoy this show, the format is straight forward and they chop them quite regularly, unlike the Aussie show where it is every few days someone gets the arse, they really drag it out.

    Btw, we are about 1/4 of the way into last seasons Master Chef (that arrogant 19 year old kid from New York got tossed), and half way through your last season's Hells Kitchen (Fran got the chop last night).
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 09-19-2011 at 03:00 AM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!

    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

  34. #584
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW FW, TX
    Posts
    1,922
    ITA with Karma. It can't be for Elise's cooking or management skills. I was very disappointed Jennifer went, too. I actually thought it would come down to her and Will. Now I'm pretty sure it will be Will and Paul. Should be a good match up. I just hope Elise goes down in flames, but I doubt she will; Chef will give her some sort of pep talk about how good she is, blah, blah, blah. I'm glad I don't have to be around her afterwards.

  35. #585
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hicktown
    Posts
    696
    I don't see how Tommy or Elise is still there. I was disappointed to see Jennifer go. He has to be keeping Elise around for the drama.
    Tommy looks nasty. I wouldn't want to eat his cooking.

  36. #586
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    901
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrattenfan View Post
    oh I fucking hate her she is delusional
    I agree she is delusional. I absolutely HATE her. She can't cook. Who calls themselves a chef and can't cook salmon not only that she fucked it up more than once.
    "Push the sadness from your heart. There's no living in the dark. Why the things we do." -- Jimmy Buffett

    My Hair Dying Blog

  37. #587
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    4,102
    Jennifer???????
    Really????????

    Hmmmm once again drama rules over actually skill.

    Well you know what they say "Reality TV is no place for nice people"

  38. #588
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by intothelight View Post
    I agree she is delusional. I absolutely HATE her. She can't cook. Who calls themselves a chef and can't cook salmon not only that she fucked it up more than once.
    I want to staple her face to the counter and make it look like an accident

  39. #589
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,307
    I think reality shows are thinking if the drama is there we will watch. Maybe
    thats true but I would rather someone be in Elise's place that deserved to be.
    Even Ramsey is now doing it. He would have never let a bitch like that stay when
    he first started Hell's Kitchen.

  40. #590
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW FW, TX
    Posts
    1,922
    I agree with that, too!!!!

  41. #591
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW FW, TX
    Posts
    1,922
    Big Finale!! - Bet it's Will.

  42. #592
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SW FW, TX
    Posts
    1,922
    Well Sorry for Will, but Paul earned it!

  43. #593
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,307
    Didn't really matter to me. I liked both of them.

  44. #594
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    301
    I love Hell's Kitchen and I've watched all of the series so far. I love Gordon and how he keeps them all in line, lol.

  45. #595
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,204
    I love Hell's Kitchen too. I liked the All Stars (but stop putting Elise on these shows, and Barbie is a lost cause) and I liked Ben this season, but I knew Michelle was going to win from about halfway through. I liked Robyn, I was surprised to see that she won Chopped in 2015, the episode was on recently when I was in the hospital torturing myself watching food shows.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •