Page 1 of 12 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Hell's Kitchen

Hell's Kitchen

The new season starts tonight. Is anyone watching?
    Wanna see my grandkids?

I love to listen to Gordon yell at people in that colorful way of his. And after last weeks disastrous dinner service, this years chefs appear to be quite an inept bunch.
    [Img][/img]
    "There are three things I've learned never to discuss
    with people: religion, politics and The Great Pumpkin."
    - Linus -
    It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
    https://youtu.be/H2H0TfvNU3w

I thought it started tonight! Did I already miss the first one?
    Wanna see my grandkids?

AaronVail Guest
    I'm watching, I love it.

I watched it last week when the chefs presented their signature dishes and had their first dinner service. I wouldn't think so, but, could the schedule for the show be different where you are? I'm on the east coast.
    [Img][/img]
    - Linus -

Cadence71 Guest
    I didn't know it started tonight...thanks for the info! I love Gordon. So blunt, so rude, but his advice is always square on. People need to get thicker skin if they're going to deal with him.

7. 02-05-2009, 06:26 AM

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva View Post
    I watched it last week when the chefs presented their signature dishes and had their first dinner service. I wouldn't think so, but, could the schedule for the show be different where you are? I'm on the east coast.
    It might be. You give me hope Diva!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Link to the Official Website where you can watch full episodes. Including the one I watched last week.

http://www.fox.com/hellskitchen/
    [Img][/img]
    - Linus -

AaronVail Guest
    They edit out when he compliments the contestants, which happens all through the dinner service. They tend to highlight the low points. A great show is the UK version of Kitchen Nightmares, where you get a better sense of the person Gordon really is.

Link to the Official Website where you can watch full episodes. Including the one I watched last week.

Thank you I am heading there now.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Quote Originally Posted by AaronVail View Post
    They edit out when he compliments the contestants, which happens all through the dinner service. They tend to highlight the low points. A great show is the UK version of Kitchen Nightmares, where you get a better sense of the person Gordon really is.
    I suspicioned that.
    We have watched the UK version but I prefer the american one because it's easier to recog nize what they are cooking.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Tonight is the second episode. I liked it when the Instructor in a Culinary School (who has never been a chef in a working environment) told him that their coursework included etiquette or manners. HA !!

I hope they axe that whiny girl that walked off the line during dinner service. I know someone like that and I can't stand them. They open their mouth and you cringe, because you know it is going to come out in a high pitched squeal.
    Last edited by okidoll; 02-05-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: removed a giant pic

pvezz Guest
    I love this show! Couldn't wait until it started again!

Someone posted these before, but have you guys seen the "Young Gordon Ramsay" commercials on YouTube?? The best!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL0zxK_aXWM

gfunk Guest
    this show is awesum! i already love this season... can anyone believe that that one chick (i forgot the name) told ramsey that she also teaches manners? i was like what the hell is that all about? like seriously!

Dollyplum Guest

Bugger cannae watch it! USA residents only.

NOT FAIR

gemini33 Guest
    Dollyplum, you can find last week's episode on Hulu.com

Okay I have watched last week's episode and I am up to speed. I think the cooking instructor will go next.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Dollyplum Guest
    Sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed from within the United States
    Hulu is committed to making its content available worldwide. To do so, we must work through a number of legal and business issues, including obtaining international streaming rights. Know that we are working to make this happen and will continue to do so. Given the international background of the Hulu team, we have both a professional and personal interest in bringing Hulu to a global audience.
    If you'd like, please leave us your email address and the region in which you live, and we will email you when our videos are available in your area.

gemini33 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollyplum View Post
    Sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed from within the United States
    Hulu is committed to making its content available worldwide. To do so, we must work through a number of legal and business issues, including obtaining international streaming rights. Know that we are working to make this happen and will continue to do so. Given the international background of the Hulu team, we have both a professional and personal interest in bringing Hulu to a global audience.
    If you'd like, please leave us your email address and the region in which you live, and we will email you when our videos are available in your area.
    Damn, you are getting screwed. Ok, one more site you can try. youtube. Good luck.

Dollyplum Guest
    Its a bugger aint it!

Ridgecrest, CA-Middle of the Mojave Desert
    I'll be watching..I couldn't STAND Gordon Ramsey at first..but after getting hooked on kitchen nightmares, i friggin love this guy. Tells it like it is and has a potty mouth, Loves it!

Dollyplum Guest
    Did you get the dirt on him having an affair other in the States?

Shano Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollyplum View Post
    Did you get the dirt on him having an affair other in the States?

Ohhh an affair?! I never heard about that! I would totally do him! He his hot hot hot!!! What is the scoop?

I think the really fat guy is going next. Can't wait for tonight!!

Dollyplum Guest

Let Dolly Dish the Dirt....

Gordon Ramsay's 'seven-year affair': TV chef who fostered a family image is accused of adultery

By Olinka Koster, Dan Newling, Beth Hale and Tom Kelly

Last updated at 5:25 PM on 24th November 2008

Gordon Ramsay has refused to comment on claims that he has been having an affair for seven years.
    The celebrity chef, who markets himself as a devoted family man, is accused of a series of trysts with 'professional mistress' Sarah Symonds.
    Four days ago, she and Ramsay allegedly met at a London hotel after Miss Symonds purchased three bottles of legal sex drugs.

No comment: Gordon Ramsay didn't address the allegations as he left his London home this afternoon

The claims were made in the News of the World, which says the affair has been going on since 2001.

On Sunday the Daily Mail learnt that Miss Symonds, author of a handbook for mistresses, contacted publicist Max Clifford earlier this year as she wanted to launch a television career for herself. He is not representing her.

Ramsay, who is worth £60million, has cultivated a reputation as a fiery chef extraordinaire, loving father and devoted husband rolled into one.

He and his wife Tana, 33, put on a show of unity on Sunday by posing in front of their £3.5million London home.

Sharp exit: Ramsay left his residence to attend to one of his London restaurants
    However, the newspaper investigation suggests that as recently as Thursday evening, Ramsay, 42, met Miss Symonds, 38, at the Marriott Hotel off London's Grosvenor Square.

The hotel adjoins one of the chef's most popular restaurants, Maze.

Miss Symonds, who had a yearlong affair with former Tory MP and author Jeffrey Archer, caught a train to London from Newport, South Wales, and took a cab to the five-star hotel.

More...

According to the newspaper, she checked into a £360-a-night room on the first floor.

At around 4.30pm, she left the hotel again and travelled to Soho where she is said to have spent ten minutes browsing a sex shop called Simply Pleasure.

She spent £10 on three small bottles of amyl nitrate, branded Rave and Rush.

Show of unity: Gordon Ramsay and his wife Tana outside their home in Wandsworth on Sunday - It has been claimed the chef has been having an affair for seven years

Known as 'poppers', amyl nitrate is said to heighten sexual pleasure by relaxing muscles and increasing the heart rate.

She then visited another store where she bought two bottles of white wine and some crisps, before returning to the hotel.

Just before 8pm, Ramsay is said to have arrived at Maze and spent a few minutes chatting to staff before making his way through to the hotel and up to the first floor.
    According to the paper he then walked up and down the corridor before knocking on Miss Symonds' door and going in at almost 8.15pm.
    The pair remained in the room for just over an hour and a quarter. The News of the World says it was told: 'They had sex.'

'Trysts': Gordon Ramsay has been seeing Sarah Symonds for seven years, it was claimed on Sunday

A chauffeur-driven silver BMW 7-series is said to have been waiting outside for Ramsay. When it flashed its hazard lights, the chef left through the restaurant's front door and got in the back.
    The pair are also said to have met a week earlier in a Mayfair apartment.

Ramsay is thought to have met Miss Symonds in 2001 at London's Chinawhite nightclub, just a few months after she revealed her affair with Jeffrey Archer. A source told the newspaper: 'Ramsay and Sarah exchanged phone numbers and became lovers just a few weeks later. So much for him being true to his wife.'

The pair are said to have met for secret sex sessions in both London and Los Angeles, after Miss Symonds moved there in 2003.

The affair came to a halt in 2004 but started up again after Ramsay took his family to LA on holiday in August 2007, it is claimed.

During the trip, he is said to have contacted Miss Symonds and promised he would get in touch properly when he was back in the area without his family.
    'He was true to his word, and called Sarah about three months later when he was in LA filming Hell's Kitchen on his own, and they rekindled their affair,' the source is quoted as saying.

In October 2007, Miss Symonds wrote a book titled Having an Affair? A Handbook for the Other Woman. It made such an impact that she was invited to talk on The Oprah Winfrey show.

Last night Max Clifford confirmed she had come to him for advice earlier this year, keen to launch a television career on the back of her book.

He said: 'She was talking about getting herself a television profile in much the same way as Rebecca Loos (former personal assistant to David Beckham).

'She's articulate and intelligent and she's got it all worked out - she realised that this was her opportunity to launch herself like other people that have launched themselves out of scandals.'

Sarah Symonds promoted her book, Having An Affair? A Handbook For The Other Woman, on Oprah Winfrey's show
    Ramsay, the highest-earning chef in the world, married Tana 12 years ago and the couple have four children under nine - Megan, nine, twins Jack and Holly, and Tilly.

He frequently talks about his love for his wife. In one interview, he said: 'Tana is my wife, my lover and the person I want in my bed and in my arms every night.'

He was voted Celebrity Father Of The Year in 2006 and in 2007 the Ramsays were named Celebrity Family of the Year.

Ramsay, whose brother Ronnie is a heroin addict, also takes a fierce anti-drugs stance.

On Sunday, he agreed to pose for photographs with his wife but refused to answer questions.

Arriving at their family home in Wandsworth Common, South-West London, in a chauffeur-driven silver Mercedes saloon, he and Tana smiled and posed arm-in-arm for photographers.

Ramsay said: 'It's time for Sunday lunch. I'm starving.'

His spokesman Gary Farrow also declined to comment on the story, saying: 'We are not saying anything at all, we are just getting on with it - me, him, Tana, we are all getting on with it.'

Miss Symonds, who could not be contacted on Sunday, told the News of the World: 'Sorry, I've got nothing to say on the matter.'

26. 02-05-2009, 02:30 PM

Shano Guest
    oooooo! Thanks Dolly!!

That is fantastic! Oh, I don't mean that in the way of him cheating. But that is exactly the kind of chick I would picture him with. LOL fiery!

Amazing that she has really "written the book" on being the other woman!

But it is horrible for his wife and family. I was wondering how he could hold up to being such a controlling bastard in the kitchen but be a sweet family guy!

Becia Guest
    Ooohhh, I *heart* Hells Kitchen like Chick-Fil-A Barbeque sauce....you just can't get enough.

Unfortunetely, I don't have that station on my poor TV in my room, and roomie gets the tv every other week, so I'll be missing most of it. But I'll look for updates!

cubbiecatz Guest
    God, I want that stupid bitch Lacey gone.

gfunk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cubbiecatz View Post
    idk if i wud use that language, but i agree....

cubbiecatz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunk View Post
    idk if i wud use that language, but i agree....

Well, I used it so you don't have too

gfunk Guest
    Well, I used it so you don't have too
    you are sooooo sweet thanks homie!!!!!!!

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunk View Post
    this show is awesum! i already love this season... can anyone believe that that one chick (i forgot the name) told ramsey that she also teaches manners? i was like what the hell is that all about? like seriously!
    Coleen, is her name.

WendyK Guest

Coleen, and Lacy should of both gone tonight not Ji!!!! I felt sorry for the big guy that missed out on the trip too!

DHfromTN Guest
    Twas quite exciting tonight! I felt bad at the lady he was yelling at, telling her she was stealing from people and couldn't run a business. lol She seems nice enough. He seems to be trying to push them even more this season.. I thought I heard him make a crack at the bigger guys size? I hope he didn't, but I wouldn't put is past him. haha Are the affair rumors true or just tabloid junk?

cubbiecatz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    Coleen, and Lacy should of both gone tonight not Ji!!!! I felt sorry for the big guy that missed out on the trip too!

I know, what was with having him go on a ferry and then turning around and going back. I bet they edited something out, because we never heard the good news.

DHfromTN Guest
    I know, what was with having him go on a ferry and then turning around and going back. I bet they edited something out, because we never heard the good news.
    I was confused about that, too. I was under the impression that they were getting back, but headed in another direction and not back to where they were? IDK..

WendyK Guest
    The " Good " news was they had a wonderful day, but it was over when he got there. BS! Yeah, hun all you got was a Ferry Boat Ride..

39. 02-06-2009, 12:04 PM

pvezz Guest

She is HORRIBLE!!! GAAAAAAHHH!!! She laid in bed all f***king day then acted like she was doing them a favor by showing up!

Ji (sp?) must have been hurt worse than they said. I was sad to see her leave.

LMAO at Ramsay throwing the burnt/raw salmon at the one kid.

I had hoped Gordon would have sent her home for laying in bed all day!

I was sorry to see Ji go. I think she would have done well.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

More Cheese Please Guest
    I want that stupid bitch Lacey as well as Colleen GONE! Insufferable twits. I was so pissed when (I'll follow Pvezz's lead..I'm unsure of the spelling) Ji left. I think she could've gone far and certainly deserved to be there beyond those two piss ants.

KarmaKat Guest
    Here is the You Tube link DollyPlum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9VBkaMG5eI

KarmaKat Guest
    Will got totally screwed over in the first episode . Seth should have gone home. (sorry a little behind. Am catching up though)
    I am sorry to read here that neither Lacey or Colleen have gone hm yet. They are both terrible and annoying.
    Lacey I think is the most lazy person I have seen on Hells Kitchen. And some of her comments.
    "People are just going to look at me and think oh another pretty girl who thinks she can cook" (paraphrased sorry).
    Oh dear just no, you are not pretty and you cant cook. You have an over inflated ego which does not go with your talent.

Gordon - SEND HER HOME!!!!!!!!!

gemini33 Guest
    I can't stand to hear or look at Lacey for one more second! She is so lazy and useless! Fox throws a couple of annoying people in each year just to add drama. I think Ji would have went far. I'm surprised Chef Ramsey didn't offer her to come back in a future season like he did Julia in season 3.

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    Will got totally screwed over in the first episode . Seth should have gone home. (sorry a little behind. Am catching up though)
    I am sorry to read here that neither Lacey or Colleen have gone hm yet. They are both terrible and annoying.
    Lacey I think is the most lazy person I have seen on Hells Kitchen. And some of her comments.
    "People are just going to look at me and think oh another pretty girl who thinks she can cook" (paraphrased sorry).
    Oh dear just no, you are not pretty and you cant cook. You have an over inflated ego which does not go with your talent.

Gordon - SEND HER HOME!!!!!!!!!
    "Another pretty girl who thinks she can cook"???? WTF???? She's a bilious, boorish, banal bitch... Time to gooooooo.......

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    I'm surprised Chef Ramsey didn't offer her to come back in a future season like he did Julia in season 3.
    That's what I thought too! Well, the season just started, who knows what will happen. Maybe that will be one of the "twists"...when her ankle has healed she'll be a surprise return contestant.

djdeath-hag Guest
    Will should have stood up for himself last week, he might not have made it to the end but certainly didn't have the self-confidence. I also thought he looked like Neil Patrick Harris.

As for last night, sad bad luck for Ji. She managed to swallow her pain & worked through dinner service. I wish that she had not given up. Collen & Lacey both need to go. Collen IS stealing from people, she has disclosed that she has no formal training for her position as a cooking instructor. Lacey made me laugh sooo hard on episode one when she declared herself as just another pretty girl. Pretty by whose standards? hmmmm

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post
    That's what I thought too! Well, the season just started, who knows what will happen. Maybe that will be one of the "twists"...when her ankle has healed she'll be a surprise return contestant.
    I really hope that you are right.

STsFirstmate Guest
    This seems like a better crop of chefs than on seasons past.
    My favorite of his shows isthe Fword.
    I learned something about cooking that I could use during every show. He really improved how I make lamb and how I cook fish.

There are some great clips on You Tube including him getting slugged by a feamle contestant on the UK Hell's Kitchen. He looked really surprised.
    A co-worker's son almost made the cut for this season. He kept saying he wasn't sure whether he was happy or sad he didn't get picked but you do have to sign an agreement not to sue him or physically touch him before you can be a contestant.
    I am sorry he had the affair. Amyl Nitrate , my God I think even gay men in dance bars gave that up in the 80s!
    What next ... will we see him crouching in the walk in fridge with a balloon doing whippets?
    regards,
    Mary

KarmaKat Guest
    In an interview Ji said the final result with her ankle was a sprain.
    They should do a replacement show. Bring Ji and Will back and have them replace 2 other contestants for a service. Then have the teams decide who they want?
    Could make for a fun twist. And gives those 2 a second chance

Nosgothic Guest
    Weird. I scanned this to make sure no one posted this link yet, then I double checked and I can't find it now. Sorry if I'm just blind this morning. Oh well, here goes.

Little Gordon

KarmaKat Guest
    Lol that is so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

That little boy is brilliant as Gordon