Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Hell's Kitchen

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post
    I want that stupid bitch Lacey as well as Colleen GONE! Insufferable twits. I was so pissed when (I'll follow Pvezz's lead..I'm unsure of the spelling) Ji left. I think she could've gone far and certainly deserved to be there beyond those two piss ants.
    Agreed 100% . I can't believe that Coleen is a cooking teacher. I love what Gordon said - that she was a thief and people should get their money back. Both her and Lacey should have gone, not Ji. I think Ji could have won it. I wish she could have stuck it out.
    I love this show. One of my favs

Do I watch it? Of course! Never miss it

Will just didn't have it. I wish Ji could've stayed. She did much better than Colleen and Lacey combined. They're both clueless in the kitchen and just really drag their team down.

Colleen is a 'cooking teacher' but without formal training herself. She just doesn't seem to have a clue about how a professional kitchen works at all. Time for her to go back to teaching other housewives how to make crepes, I think.

Lacey's just all over the place emotionally, imo and is also lacking in experience. Put that together and I don't think she can't focus to pick up what she needs to, to either learn or help her team.

I'd say they're both gonna be toast soon.

It was nice that they made arrangements for the big guy to take the ferry to Catalina. But not so great that by the time he got there, they had to turn around and go back.

Best initial tasting of the season in the first episode and dinner services already completed. Once Colleen and Lacey are gone, I'm thinking we're in for a good competition here.

KarmaKat Guest
    Now that Ji has gone who is everyones early favorites to win?

My early guess is Ben and Andrea in the final with Ben the winner.

I spent about 15 year in Food Service (fine dining and otherwise) and was a cook on a submarine so Gordon's antics are pretty amusing to me...he acts like most cooks and Chefs I knew.

Lacey is a dumbass, I suspect she is just an actress or being told to act like a douchebag. I loved the laying in bed thing, it made for a good villain.

The girl with the hurt ankle was high drama...I had to giggle as she was holding her ankle and was wheeled off. I had to choke back my tears.

I think the whole thing is fake as hell, but makes for killer TV. Don't even get me started on Kitchen nightmares.

One thing though... if I had watched Gordon scream about people's shitty risotto for several seasons I would make damn sure I could make one that would be perfect... but they are still messing that up this season. Just another reason I think it is fake... he bitches about the same stuff each time, almost like a script.

Good show though.

It's too early to tell for me. The dynamics change everytime someone gets kicked off and sometimes it lets an unlikely contestant shine.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Oh Inked Daddy, what is it about Kitchen Nightmares? Do you think that is fake?? Actually, is that show still on? I had recorded a few episodes and then I had to quit because it was conflicting with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Inked_Daddy View Post
    Lacey is a dumbass, I suspect she is just an actress or being told to act like a douchebag. I loved the laying in bed thing, it made for a good villain.

T

If she was a real contestant, I thought she should have been kicked off for walking out and sleeping in bed all day while everyone else did their work.
    Last edited by okidoll; 02-09-2009 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    Oh Inked Daddy, what is it about Kitchen Nightmares? Do you think that is fake?? Actually, is that show still on? I had recorded a few episodes and then I had to quit because it was conflicting with something else.

I really think Kitchen Nightmares is fake. The restaurants themselves look like movie sets...they just look "off". The dining rooms generally are the same size and look like they were just set up. The filming always looks highly edited.

I read someplace that when Gorgon reopens one the "Customers" are actors.

The European version does seem real on the other hand. You can watch it on BBC America. The restaurants look more realistic.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    It's too early to tell for me. The dynamics change everytime someone gets kicked off and sometimes it lets an unlikely contestant shine.
    Me too. Too early just as yet. I just can't wait for Lacey and Coleen to go already!

KarmaKat Guest
    I really think Kitchen Nightmares is fake. The restaurants themselves look like movie sets...they just look "off". The dining rooms generally are the same size and look like they were just set up. The filming always looks highly edited.

The European version does seem real on the other hand. You can watch it on BBC America. The restaurants look more realistic.
    Does anyone live in or near a town where a Kitchen Nightmare has taken place? We have a similar show oer here called "The Kitchen Job" and lots of poeple said the same thing about it being fake. But it was all real.

STsFirstmate Guest

They are actors. The casting call for Dinners is made on Casting Networks as well as other sites. It is a nonunion gig though.
    My wife is SAG and she has lamented not being able to apply.
    regards,
    mary

WendyK Guest
    I don't know about it being "Fake" One of my good friends nephew was on in 2007 Brad Miller .. He never mentioned it being fake? But who knows?

So, what did everyone think of tonight? I wished Charlie was not the one sent home.

cubbiecatz Guest
    I can't believe Seth was kept over Charlie. Neither one was good, but Seth was an idiot. I cannot stand Lacey.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cubbiecatz View Post
    I can't believe Seth was kept over Charlie. Neither one was good, but Seth was an idiot. I cannot stand Lacey.

I agreed with LA about wishing the girls would of lost to get rid of Lacey or Coleen!

I think Ramsey is affraid to boot Seth in fear for he and his families life!

gemini33 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cubbiecatz View Post
    About time you posted who got the boot. I've been waiting impatiently for 25 minutes! I can't remember which one is Charlie. Off to the website to look.

STsFirstmate Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    I don't know about it being "Fake" One of my good friends nephew was on in 2007 Brad Miller .. He never mentioned it being fake? But who knows?

So, what did everyone think of tonight? I wished Charlie was not the one sent home.
    Let me be clear. The competition is real, the diners are actors. They sign a release that they won't sue or hit Gordon (yes that is actually in the contract).
    They don;t want to risk a law suit when a Charley spills bacon on someone or someone gets served raw chicken. Also people could sue because the service is shutdown arbitrarily and they are booted out halfway through their meal.
    Actors are used for seat fillers routinely on other shows as well. My better half has been in the audience on Millionaire Password and the new show Important Things with Demitri Martin on Comedy Central.
    Some of the court shows pay as well for audience members, not Judge Judy or the Prople's Court.
    I can't wait until Stacey gets the boot. She really annoys me.
    Regards,
    Mary

pvezz Guest
    Did anybody else catch that Kristi Swanson and Lloyd *whatever* were diners last night?

I agree about Seth. He is serial-killer, stalker material. Scary!

gemini33 Guest
    Lacey and Seth should hook up and be the most annoying couple ever!

I loved how JP mocked Lacey! LMFAO!

cubbiecatz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    Did anybody else catch that Kristi Swanson and Lloyd *whatever* were diners last night?

I agree about Seth. He is serial-killer, stalker material. Scary!
    Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    Lacey and Seth should hook up and be the most annoying couple ever!

I loved how JP mocked Lacey! LMFAO!
    I didn't notice that Paula. Now I'm going to have to watch the whole episode again.

Gem, I loved that part too! I love JP.

KarmaKat Guest
    Sad about Charlie. He should have stayed over Seth. But you know how it goes Seth makes for better TV I guess. I dont think Charlie could have won.
    Felt sorry for Robert dedicating service to his fiance then they lost. It must of been a tough decision to cancel your weddingfor Hells Kitchen. I thought they may have brought her in her dinner or something. Or married them in the restaurant. Wouldnt be the first time with Gordon.

gemini33 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    Sad about Charlie. He should have stayed over Seth. But you know how it goes Seth makes for better TV I guess. I dont think Charlie could have won.
    Felt sorry for Robert dedicating service to his fiance then they lost. It must of been a tough decision to cancel your weddingfor Hells Kitchen. I thought they may have brought her in her dinner or something. Or married them in the restaurant. Wouldnt be the first time with Gordon.
    There is always someone that is worthless that makes it to the final 6 or so just for drama. I love Robert to death. If I was his fiancee it wouldn't have been a hard decision at all. If he wins Hell's Kitchen, they don't have to worry about some things that newlyweds have to worry about. Robert is so charismatic and loveable, I'm sure someone will offer him a great job even if he doesn't win Hell's Kitchen.

I'm lost, which one was Charlie? And why didn't they narc on La-ZY ass Lacey and get rid of her?
    Wanna see my grandkids?

Charlie was the guy with the long red beard and Ramsay made him get rid of it before the first dinner service.

The girls wanted to get rid of LazyLacey but I think that's when Ji hurt her ankle and so she asked to be taken out instead of having someone else eliminated.

The one thing I wonder about besides how the hell isSeth still in, is how is it they keep staying up so late when they know they can get woken up at anytime?

Dolly if you have newsgroup access, the episodes are usually up on Friday morning

djdeath-hag Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickedkitten View Post
    The one thing I wonder about besides how the hell isSeth still in, is how is it they keep staying up so late when they know they can get woken up at anytime?

Dolly if you have newsgroup access, the episodes are usually up on Friday morning
    Don't worry Wicked Kitten. It's gonna be all good. Trust me (or any other east coast H-K hag).

Well whatever does that mean DJ? LOL
    Wanna see my grandkids?

WendyK Guest
    Why was Lacey a chosen one tonight to speak????? I was glad she nominated herself even, happier to see the stalker leave, and kind got giggly when Lacey went to the male team,,,WTF?? Why is Coleen still there???

Oh the male team is going to shred Lacey. I was happy as a clam that creepy, sniveling Seth was kicked off. He is always blaming someone else.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I'm happy too that Seth is gone. He was creepy....it never took it seriously anyway, he was just there to meet Gordon. Can you imagine someone wiping their sweaty face and snotty nose with the same cloth they wiped the pots and pans with??? OMG I'm so glad that no talent Seth is gone.
    Now next week I'm hoping it's either Lacey or Colleen. They both need to go..like NOW. lol

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post
    I'm happy too that Seth is gone. He was creepy....it never took it seriously anyway, he was just there to meet Gordon. Can you imagine someone wiping their sweaty face and snotty nose with the same cloth they wiped the pots and pans with??? OMG I'm so glad that no talent Seth is gone.
    Now next week I'm hoping it's either Lacey or Colleen. They both need to go..like NOW. lol
    LOL - I thought Chef was gonna punch Seth when he realized he was using that cloth to wipe his sweat - gives one pause about eating out, doesn't it?

Seth was horrible and didn't deserve to stay as long as he did.

I am rooting for Robert (the heavy guy - I think that's his name) and Andrea for the girls.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    LOL - I thought Chef was gonna punch Seth when he realized he was using that cloth to wipe his sweat - gives one pause about eating out, doesn't it?

I am rooting for Robert (the heavy guy - I think that's his name) and Andrea for the girls.
    My thoughts exactly!! What goes on in kitchens of restaurants???? I don't want to think about it.....my family is taking me out for dinner tonightlol.
    Seth didn't even deserve to be on the show....I still can't believe Charlie went before him...what was Gordon thinking?
    Me too, they are my favorites. Next week looks good, I think we see a whole new "side" to Robert LOL LOL

pvezz Guest
    If I actually stopped and thought about what happens in the kitchens of restaurants, I would never eat out again.

That said, Beatle, enjoy your dinner!

beatlebaby4 Guest
    If I actually stopped and thought about what happens in the kitchens of restaurants, I would never eat out again.

you are so right.....
    Still gonna enjoy my steak tonight though LOL

gemini33 Guest

After watching Kitchen Nightmares with Chef Ramsay, it took me a few weeks to eat at a restaurant again. Barf.

Glad Seth is gone too. Lacey wasn't that bad in this episode. Colleen was much more annoying.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Yeah, I agree with ya Gem but still can't stand that whiny Lacey or Lazy Lacey as the girls call her.
    yeah, she wasn't so bad last night but it looks like next week she is up to her old tricks again. Wonder how the boys will handle it?
    Colleen was sooooooooo annoying last night. All that cheerleading. Man shut up and cook your hash brown lady
    She has absolutely no talent either. I can't figure out 2 things...how she got on the show with any hope of being an Executive Chef at an Atlantic City Hotel and how on earth she can teach cooking when she clearly can't cook herself!!!
    Man, the mysteries of the world lol lol

Result!

I agree with everyone on Colleen, I can't believe she actually manages to charge people $300 an hour to teach them to cook when she isn't even a trained chef herself, just goes to show eh?

I'm liking Robert more and more every week.

WendyK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by beatlebaby4 View Post

Gordon kept Seth last week in fear for his family. He has to have ADT X's 1,000,000,000 installed in his homes before he could let him go, oh and bodyguards suitable for the president...

cubbiecatz Guest

I don't know why, but I don't like Robert.

I like the guy with the long hair.

KarmaKat Guest
    Bye Bye Seth. Wish I could say I am sorry to see him go, but I cant lol. He should have gone first.
    I think Coi should have been up tonight with Coleen. Not Lacey (did I just say that? Let me check my temperature, I cant be well.) Coi was alot worse than her in service.

Guest Guest
    Has Gordon souffled himself to death yet?

He has to have ADT X's 1,000,000,000 installed in his homes before he could let him go
    LOL

Seth reminds me of one of those creepy bastards who live up in someone's attic for a week. Then he appears one day when someone's in the shower and asks 'But why won't you be my best friend? Whyyyyyyyyy?', as he pulls out a roll of duct tape.

Bye Bye Seth. Wish I could say I am sorry to see him go, but I cant lol. He should have gone first.
    I think Coi should have been up tonight with Coleen. Not Lacey (did I just say that? Let me check my temperature, I cant be well.) Coi was alot worse than her in service.
    I agree that Coi messed up but she is so much eazier to take than Lousy Lacey and her crappy attitude!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

KarmaKat Guest
    Yeah Coi is easier to take.
    The boys will eat Lacey alive. I think it was unfair of Gordon to but her on their team. It should have been done at random. He is showing favoritism for the Girls team again, just like in ever other season.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    Gordon kept Seth last week in fear for his family. He has to have ADT X's 1,000,000,000 installed in his homes before he could let him go, oh and bodyguards suitable for the president...
    LOL LOL, I think you are spot on Wendy

beatlebaby4 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    LOL

Seth reminds me of one of those creepy bastards who live up in someone's attic for a week. Then he appears one day when someone's in the shower and asks 'But why won't you be my best friend? Whyyyyyyyyy?', as he pulls out a roll of duct tape.
    OMG, this made me almost pee my pants LOL. You are so right, he IS one of those guys

LOL

suicide_blonde Guest
    I found it hilarious that this bunch of tools could barely serve pancakes and scrambled eggs to a bunch of 8 year olds!

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by suicide_blonde View Post
    I found it hilarious that this bunch of tools could barely serve pancakes and scrambled eggs to a bunch of 8 year olds!
    As did I! HA! And Seth going on and on about how he knew Gordon's recipe for eggs and it was sure to impress him. *giggle* I think Seth screwed himself when he started reciting Gordon's life story on the boat. God knows that would scare the crap out of me!

I'm rooting for Robert. But I'm afraid that I'm just gonna end up liking him and having my heart broken when he doesn't win like Petrozza didn't last year. Do you think we'll see an episode this year where they get to visit with Christina? I'm interested to see if she's holding her own...

Oh! And I found this on YouTube...Thought you guys might be interested in it. There's only one season that I saw when I looked it up, but it's already interesting to see how vastly different it is from the US Hell's Kitchen and I'm only one video in on it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoD_ysHlV3o

KarmaKat Guest
    Yeah the celebrity british version is alot different. Many Ithink coz it is celebs and not a real competition.
    I like Robert too but unfortunatelt dont think he will win.

beatlebaby4 Guest
    I think Andrea has a good shot at winning.

KarmaKat Guest
    Yeah she would be my front runner at the moment