Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pizza Hut

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Tonight I used my relay service to call in a delivery from Pizza Hut. Called them twice. First time I was put on hold forever. Second time they hung up on me. (In both calls the relay operator explained the Relay service.) I suppose they were busy at 8pm and the relay service is a bit slow, but so fucking what? My money is as good as a hearing person's and I was insulted, let me tell ya. Maybe I took it too personally, but that's to bad. I yam what I yam and I expect to be treated with respect.

I am boiling mad right now and I will never never never eat at Pizza Hut again.
    Cindy, you have every right to be upset and I'm not taking that away from you. However, would you give me the opportunity to tell the other side of the story?

Being a business owner, we have had several encounters with a relay service. Every one - EVERY ONE - of them had been for illegal purposes. I can only imagine how many people use these services for pranks to call in phony pizza orders. Most of these people use this service to call in an order of something and use a stolen credit card. It's the easiest and laziest way to steal something. Most legitimate people that need to use the relay service just order whatever they need online anyway. I know you can order from Pizza Hut online as that is what I do.

I'm not condoning Pizza Hut by any means, but I hope that you can understand the other side of the coin.

And please don't be mad at me as I mean not harm. I've never been in your situation, but I have been in Pizza Hut's.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

sunshine2828 Guest
    No Pizza Hut for us either...so sorry you had to go through that Cindy. Asshats!

BigBootyJudy Guest
    I am so sorry Cindy my friend. Some people are just downright lazy and/or ignorant. I use the online ordering system for Domino's here at work when we need to order pizza and even then they never get it right. And Pizza Hut has always been rude as hell anyways whenever we have tried to order from there. I'm in the on boycott as well!

Meli Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by keeunjames View Post
    Could have been just an off night. I wouldn't jump the gun so fast although I'm sure you can get a free pizza out of it. Why is everybody so bloody perturbed? Shit happens all the time.
    They have the really greasy white trash pizza. It's the best.

I guess the reason we are all so "peturbed" is because it's discrimination. Big businesses cant afford to have "off nights" where they treat disabled customers with disdain. It's sad and pathetic, and there is NO excuse.

Cindy as a mommy to children with disabilites Im down with this boycot. Pizza Hut has apperantly forgotten WHO they serve, and maybe if we cut into their profits they will get the message. I will tell everyone I know about this, so we can get a serious boycott happening.

*Hugs*

tarsier Guest
    they have crappy greasy pizza better off without it.

monroe27 Guest
    Cindy, I am so sorry that you had to put up with idiots. Call Pizza Huts corporate office and give em hell, no one deserves treatment like that because they are hearing impaired. Pizza Hut sux. I was gonna order lasagna from them tonight, but now I don't think so. I can make my own from my mom's recipe, which is prolly 20 times better than theirs anyway. Try papa johns or pizza oven next time, they are so friendly and patient.

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    Excuse me for being stupid but whats a relay service? My "father" is deaf, we dont have anything like that over here.
    We do have Pizza Hut though so count me in on the Boycott. Wow it just went International!
    A relay service is nothing more than an online Telecommunications Device for the Deaf. I click over to IP Relay's website, type a phone number in the proper box, click Go, an operator picks up, and we wait for my party to pick up. The op then explains the relay to the person on the other end, and then translates back and forth between us. Before I got this service I hadn't used a phone in 10 years and had to depend on others to make all my calls. So it is a blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by NOVSTORM View Post
    The machine may not have worked propery or the personn g didnt tryintg to work the thing know how???
    What machine? While there are TDD boxes that you with a phone, I use my computer, and there was no machine malfunction.

Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Cindy, you have every right to be upset and I'm not taking that away from you. However, would you give me the opportunity to tell the other side of the story?

Being a business owner, we have had several encounters with a relay service. Every one - EVERY ONE - of them had been for illegal purposes. I can only imagine how many people use these services for pranks to call in phony pizza orders. Most of these people use this service to call in an order of something and use a stolen credit card. It's the easiest and laziest way to steal something. Most legitimate people that need to use the relay service just order whatever they need online anyway. I know you can order from Pizza Hut online as that is what I do.

I'm not condoning Pizza Hut by any means, but I hope that you can understand the other side of the coin.

And please don't be mad at me as I mean not harm. I've never been in your situation, but I have been in Pizza Hut's.
    Hun, I'm not mad at you. There's a warning on my service website about using the relay to pull pranks, so apparently people do this. The problem is I have ordered from them before, my name and address is in their computers, but they didn't want to be bothered. They didn't want to hear it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    Excuse me for being stupid but whats a relay service? My "father" is deaf, we dont have anything like that over here.
    We do have Pizza Hut though so count me in on the Boycott. Wow it just went International!
    Try googling "online TDD" and you might find one; that's how I stumbled onto mine. (Of course you may have already done this, I'm just saying.)
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Armcast Guest
    No Pizza Hut at this household anymore.

Viva la raza!

Sorry...wrong rally

Hun, I'm not mad at you. There's a warning on my service website about using the relay to pull pranks, so apparently people do this. The problem is I have ordered from them before, my name and address is in their computers, but they didn't want to be bothered. They didn't want to hear it.
    It's really no bother if people would use it for the intended purpose. I wonder if these 2 day wonders at Pizza Hut have ever been told to expect this? I find that people get nervous when someone "different" is on the phone. Someone like the operator that has to explain someone to these morons instead of someone just saying "Delivery". I would expect we aren't dealing with rocket scientists here. Oh, well. I like Papa John's better anyway!
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

Down with Pizza Hut! If we order pizza at work I'll be sure not to order from them!
    The most dangerous woman of all is the one who refuses to rely on your sword to save her because she carries her own.

- R.H. Sin

Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    It's really no bother if people would use it for the intended purpose. I wonder if these 2 day wonders at Pizza Hut have ever been told to expect this? I find that people get nervous when someone "different" is on the phone. Someone like the operator that has to explain someone to these morons instead of someone just saying "Delivery". I would expect we aren't dealing with rocket scientists here. Oh, well. I like Papa John's better anyway!
    Nor common sense and respect. I would never do anyone like this.

I called a Chinese restaurant several weeks ago and they did not understand when the operator explained the relay and she said there was a lot of excited foregn language going on in the background. That didn't bother me because apparently they spoke little English, so I hung up and got hubs to call. He ordered our food in Spanish

And then there was the Frenchman (I have tons of these stories and most of them at too funny, fortunately.) One of our cats went missing; he found the bugger, got our number off the tag and called, left a message that he had found our baby and to call him. Well I did. He picked up and
    said "What is this? Who are you and what the hell do you want?" So I told him. And he goes "Oooooh, I'm so sorry, ma'am. I thought you were a telemarketer." So when hubs got off work we went over to his house and got our baby. Something just clicked and the three of us have been bff for several years now.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

jeca Guest
    There's no excuse for that sort of treatment. If you've ordered from them before without incident, I'd contact the store manager, as well as the main office. He may need to do some training of his employees.

He ordered our food in Spanish
    I love it!

GrinReaper Guest
    Nor common sense and respect. I would never do anyone like this.

I called a Chinese restaurant several weeks ago and they did not understand when the operator explained the relay and she said there was a lot of excited foregn language going on in the background. That didn't bother me because apparently they spoke little English, so I hung up and got hubs to call. He ordered our food in Spanish

And then there was the Frenchman (I have tons of these stories and most of them at too funny, fortunately.) One of our cats went missing; he found the bugger, got our number off the tag and called, left a message that he had found our baby and to call him. Well I did. He picked up and
    said "What is this? Who are you and what the hell do you want?" So I told him. And he goes "Oooooh, I'm so sorry, ma'am. I thought you were a telemarketer." So when hubs got off work we went over to his house and got our baby. Something just clicked and the three of us have been bff for several years now.
    That second one touched me heart.

I'd love to read some of those "tons of stories" you mentioned.
    Wanna start another thread?

Long Gone Day Guest
    Their..pizza..sucks..anyway.....I..would..complain.
    It..boggles..my..mind...that..people..can..still..be..so..cruel

As..kids.....we...learned..the..alphabet..in..sign..language
    so..we..could..*talk*..in..class..without..getting..caught.
    Several..times..while..grocery..shopping..Ive..seen..
    little..kids..signing..to..their..moms..while..sitting
    in..their..grocery..carts..and..I..always..walk..by
    and..sign.(spell)..hello..and..I..always..get..a..smile
    I...would..love..to..learn..to..sign..as..I..think..it..
    looks..so..beautiful.

I..loved...when..Marlee..Matlin..in..the..film..*Children..of..a..Lesser.God*
    danced..to..the..music.....using..the..vibrations....Beautiful...

Nerak Guest
    How crappy Cindy
    I already have banned pizza hut, I think one slice of pizza is like 2,000 calories! lol
    I would seriously contact a higher up tho....good luck! xx

Quote Originally Posted by GrinReaper View Post
    That second one touched me heart.

I'd love to read some of those "tons of stories" you mentioned.
    Wanna start another thread?
    Maybe I will
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Gone Day View Post
    Their..pizza..sucks..anyway.....I..would..complain.
    It..boggles..my..mind...that..people..can..still..be..so..cruel

As..kids.....we...learned..the..alphabet..in..sign..language
    so..we..could..*talk*..in..class..without..getting..caught.
    Several..times..while..grocery..shopping..Ive..seen..
    little..kids..signing..to..their..moms..while..sitting
    in..their..grocery..carts..and..I..always..walk..by
    and..sign.(spell)..hello..and..I..always..get..a..smile
    I...would..love..to..learn..to..sign..as..I..think..it..
    looks..so..beautiful.

I..loved...when..Marlee..Matlin..in..the..film..*Children..of..a..Lesser.God*
    danced..to..the..music.....using..the..vibrations....Beautiful...

I too loved that movie, and I was fluent in sign language in high school, and a friend and I would use it in typing class. People were fascinated and the teacher never said a word. Of course, she rocked.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

King Tut Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    I'll boycott them, first for Cindy and then for that nasty-ass macaroni-baconator-hamburger-helper-cheesy-whirly noodle box of slop they delivered last night after my daughter talked me into trying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sablegsd View Post
    Having just had the warmed over dog shit they are passing off as lasagne, I'm with you, sister! I am hearing impaired, but not deaf.
    ^^Laughed my ass off at both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Chunk View Post
    ...hissssssssssssssssssss - NO MORE Pizza Hut for the Chunkster - I'll waddle my fat arse down to Pizza Pizza instead.

Miss Chunk xo
    Are you talking about Little Caesars with that fake Roman cartoon fucktard who yells Pizza Pizza? I haven't seen those commercials in forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank 'N' Howie View Post
    Stupid F'ers!!! I never liked em to begin with...
    I can't stand and instantly hate any chain who seems to have a NEW BIG GIMMICK every f-ing week. The Big New Yorker, The Chicago-Style Assblaster. The Cheese-O-Sphincter Fister Natural, The Quintuple Buttfuck Upside Down Deep Dish Sicilian, The Stuffed Crust Menstrual Meat Lover, etc etc etc... Gawd that shit's so insulting.

Oh and how about those screamingly reprehensible fake "lure morons to an "oh so trendy" restaurant and serve up that monkey vomit hamburger helper baconator ramen noodle afterbirth and pay the cretins to say how great that bilge is and then "surprise" their empty heads with the fact that it's not Southern Italian Gourmet from the Old Country but some sneezed in slop cooked up in the Pizza Slut dumpster by some minimum wage monkey". Man I would like to detonate the building used in those commercials with all those brainless bourgeois bungholes inside. KABOOM!!

While I'm at it, have you noticed that what was once "Free Delivery" is now "We Deliver"? Yep, those sneaky weasels have greased your asshole when you weren't looking and now add a delivery charge.

And don't get me started or I'll tell you how I REALLY feel about them.

Shano Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tut View Post

Well, Tut.... go ahead... we are waiting.... lol

Nerak Guest
    "I can't stand and instantly hate any chain who seems to have a NEW BIG GIMMICK every f-ing week. The Big New Yorker, The Chicago-Style Assblaster. The Cheese-O-Sphincter Fister Natural, The Quintuple Buttfuck Upside Down Deep Dish Sicilian, The Stuffed Crust Menstrual Meat Lover, etc etc etc... Gawd that shit's so insulting.

Oh and how about those screamingly reprehensible fake "lure morons to an "oh so trendy" restaurant and serve up that monkey vomit hamburger helper baconator ramen noodle afterbirth and pay the cretins to say how great that bilge is and then "surprise" their empty heads with the fact that it's not Southern Italian Gourmet from the Old Country but some sneezed in slop cooked up in the Pizza Slut dumpster by some minimum wage monkey". Man I would like to detonate the building used in those commercials with all those brainless bourgeois bungholes inside. KABOOM!!

While I'm at it, have you noticed that what was once "Free Delivery" is now "We Deliver"? Yep, those sneaky weasels have greased your asshole when you weren't looking and now add a delivery charge.

And don't get me started or I'll tell you how I REALLY feel about them."

LMAO! that was awesome! best laugh I've had all day, well put Tut!!

Gemeris Guest

I can't stand and instantly hate any chain who seems to have a NEW BIG GIMMICK every f-ing week. The Big New Yorker, The Chicago-Style Assblaster. The Cheese-O-Sphincter Fister Natural, The Quintuple Buttfuck Upside Down Deep Dish Sicilian, The Stuffed Crust Menstrual Meat Lover, etc etc etc... Gawd that shit's so insulting.

Great menu items! Have you ever considered opening your own franchise? I'll take a super ass-enlarging Quintuple Buttfuck Upside Down Deep Dish Sicilian, with extra curdled afterbirth.

~Gem

**Jenna** Guest
    As many of you know I'm deaf in one hear and can't hear out of the other.

I never let it get me down, and the only thing I miss is music and never having heard the voices of my youngest niece and nephew.

I live a normal life, mostly. No worries, no problems, except for a few asstwats who do not want to bother with me because i am deaf. Seriously. I have had customer service people actually roll their eyes at me, a pawn shop broker who told me point blank that he didn't do business with deaf people, a company who said they would have to put my job application before the board to get it approved--which is not normal hiring procedure for a drone, and a few auto insurance companies, namely State Farm, that allowed as how they would have to check with their underwriter before they would do business with me. Yet, when I got my driver's liscense 30 years ago the Georgia State Patrol told me that as long as I could see it didn't matter about my hearing.

Tonight I used my relay service to call in a delivery from Pizza Hut. Called them twice. First time I was put on hold forever. Second time they hung up on me. (In both calls the relay operator explained the Relay service.) I suppose they were busy at 8pm and the relay service is a bit slow, but so fucking what? My money is as good as a hearing person's and I was insulted, let me tell ya. Maybe I took it too personally, but that's to bad. I yam what I yam and I expect to be treated with respect.

I am boiling mad right now and I will never never never eat at Pizza Hut again.
    I hate Pizza Hut,they piss me off everytime I call them.
    I'm sorry they did that to you Cindy,my sister use to work for a Relay and some places would be so rude to her and the deaf person saying they didn't have time for that.

WendyK Guest
    I order my pizza online! you don't have to talk to anyone! And your order is printed out for you so if they mess it up you have proof it is their fault not yours. Sorry about your bad experience at the Pizza Hut. Order Domino's or Papa Johns you can order their pizza online too!

Maruz83 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
    I order my pizza online! you don't have to talk to anyone! And your order is printed out for you so if they mess it up you have proof it is their fault not yours. Sorry about your bad experience at the Pizza Hut. Order Domino's or Papa Johns you can order their pizza online too!

Me to..... I hate talking to some of those people... it's like they mess things up for fun !

Hey Cindy, I'm sorry you were treated like that. My Son has a visual impairment so I can empathize with you on this.

Pizza Hut in the Atlanta area has gone completely to shit and most of the other chains have followed. In general I do not eat anything unless it comes from a Mom and Pop place. I am a capitalist but I am extremely sick of spending hundreds or thousands of dollars with a chain business each year and then being treated like shit and a number. I can rant about Walmart for hours.

Anyways, I had sworn off Pizza Slut awhile back and this just enforces my resolve.

Lita Guest
    I haven't had anything from Pizza Hut in a year or two. Hate them! I don't see how any company can be "too busy" to take a little time for impaired people. That's a fuck-ton of people you just discriminated against and pissed off, son! Although it sucks you had this experience, Cindy, this is one of the funniest threads there is!

Cherry Malotte Guest
    Okay people, I got the pitchforks, somebody else has to get the torches...

Pizza Hut used to be the best takeout\delivery; but that changed quite a while back.

Domino's is O.K.; I prefer Papa John's these days; and I order online.

We do have a couple of decent local places; I try to use them; mostly.

Cindy; DO make a lot of noise about this mistreatment!

I haven't eaten there in years and now I definitely will not! As a side note, I've worked in an administrative support role for 27 years, and I've always provided back-up for our reception/switchboard. I did receive a call from a relay for the first time ever a couple of weeks ago, of course, I didn't know what it was, but I listened. After I connected them to the proper person I realized I was talking VERY LOUDLY to the relay operator...doi! I do that with foreigners too!

Gemeris Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry Malotte View Post
    Okay people, I got the pitchforks, somebody else has to get the torches...

Got 'em! Anyone got a match?

~Gem

We don't order from Pizza Hut to begin with and now we never will.
    Wanna see my grandkids?

I don't get why Pizza Hut is so popular anyways... maybe because they brought Pizza to regions who had never really ate it before.

^^Laughed my ass off at both of them.

Are you talking about Little Caesars with that fake Roman cartoon fucktard who yells Pizza Pizza? I haven't seen those commercials in forever.

No my King, my King Tut. Pizza Pizza is the name of probably the largest pizza chain in Toronto,
    Miss Chunk
    "I guess every form of refuge has its price"...

Cadence71 Guest
    King Tut, I thank you for the laugh. I needed it. You should write for a living.

MbalmR Guest
    I may be misinformed, but I think Pizza Hut is owned by Pepsi, which also owns Taco Bell and KFC. You could add those places to the boycott too!

Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    I may be misinformed, but I think Pizza Hut is owned by Pepsi, which also owns Taco Bell and KFC. You could add those places to the boycott too!
    You are spot on.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Dying Breath Guest
    I will never order from them again... last 2 times.. I ordered the "supreme" pizza with extra hamburger.. around $20... I could have bought one of those cardboard ones at the grocery for $2 and gotten more toppings.. one time I counted 2 slices of green pepper.. 3 slices of onion.. and 6 mushrooms.. on a LARGE....

BooMom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dying Breath View Post
    I will never order from them again... last 2 times.. I ordered the "supreme" pizza with extra hamburger.. around $20... I could have bought one of those cardboard ones at the grocery for $2 and gotten more toppings.. one time I counted 2 slices of green pepper.. 3 slices of onion.. and 6 mushrooms.. on a LARGE....
    Yep! Buy a "frozed" ( DS's term ) and doctor it up ! Hella lot cheaper

OMG! I will NEVER set foot in a Pizza Hut ever again! I'm sorry that happened to you. Asstwats!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]peek-a-boo!!

Nerak Guest
    Ordered pizza last ntie, my daughter wanted Pizza Hut, I flat out refused, lol
    she pouted, but the one we got from our local pizzeria was WAY better anyways

MbalmR Guest
    The dough is always the trickiest part of making a pizza at home. Did you know that you can purchase a pizza skin at Papa Murphy's, take it home, and put anything you want on it, including pineapple? (I still don't understand that, but to each his own.) I'll bet you could purchase a pizza skin from Papa John's also, but I doubt anyone delivers just the skins. My favorite chain is Papa Murphy's. Excellent quality, and very inexpensive. It's all take and bake, though.

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MbalmR View Post
    Talk about the triumvirate of diarrhea...Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, KFC. I get ill just passing those places on the highway.

silverwaif77 Guest
    Cindy you are better off not putting that garbage in your body. Complain to everyone who will listen. I am with you on the boycott. Part of customer service is servicing the customer, NO MATTER WHAT!
    I will dig up my recipe for pizza dough it is so easy even an idiot who works at pizza hut could do it. I will post it on here. We will start making our own at home death hag pizza. It will be cheap and tatsy. We don't need your stinkin pizza, pizza slut!

mugglemeg Guest
    I used to work for the Relay service years ago (only for about six months) and I was STUNNED by how many times this happened when trying to call a company. I just couldn't believe how many companies didn't want people's business, deaf or not. It pissed me off to no end, though. I'm in on the boycott, though!

Quote Originally Posted by mugglemeg View Post
    I used to work for the Relay service years ago (only for about six months) and I was STUNNED by how many times this happened when trying to call a company. I just couldn't believe how many companies didn't want people's business, deaf or not. It pissed me off to no end, though. I'm in on the boycott, though!

When I used to work retail I had a phone call from a relay service. It was kinda strange at first, but then once we started having a conversation it was really easy. It's not like you have to spell each word for the translators. They are good at typing while you talk. It didn't require much time out of my day and this person deserved just as much attention as I gave others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

vintagesole Guest
    I have had a ton of problems with pizza hut. I lived in Raymore which is about 20 miles south of Kansas City (60 miles south of the airport). I our area we have a "central" pizza hut number to place orders (648-8888). I called gave my address (Kaycee Drive) and placed the order. About an hour and a half later I received a call from the driver who said "I am by the rentral car place on KC road" and I can't find your address". Which confussed me ofcourse since I live in a housing addition. Turns out that my pizza has up at the airport on Kansas City Road. This happend 3 times!!! Finally I called the store by my house and they suggested contacting them directly to place my orders.

Not sure if that will work in your position or not, but might be worth a try?

dcg76 Guest
    I used to work for a Pizza Hut 10 years ago, and actually had a relay service call. They are NOT that difficult, and there is no reason for them to blow you off. In fact, it was actually an easier call then most other customers since the deaf couple pretty much knew what they wanted before they called in.

I've never eaten at Pizza hut since I worked there, and never will now.

Wendy A. Guest

Pizza Hut mgr fired, won't work employees on Thanksgiving

Here's a cool story, I agree with him totally. Good for him for standing up to the company and standing up for his employees. http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/28/us/piz...rebar_facebook

Hopefully none of the employees are depending on that days wage.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny