Thread: Kathy Carol Bonney

RoRo Guest

Kathy Carol Bonney

I remember thinking Tony Danza was a pretty good actor after all in this movie....sad story

She was killed by her father, Tom Bonney, who claimed he did it while possessed by an alternate personality named "Hitman". She had quit school and had taken up with a married man, both of which had angered her father, who had developed a "Waltons" fantasy about his family. According to accounts of the case, Kathy's rebellious actions had destroyed this fantasy. His story to the police was that a man trying to sell a pick-up truck had given Kathy a test-drive and had never returned. In reality, Tom had driven his daughter just across the Virginia border into North Carolina, stopped by the side of the road, and shot her 27 times. After making the scene look like a sex crime, he left her in the Great Dismal Swamp Canal that ran alongside the shoulder of the road. The jury at his trial was not impressed with Tom's tales of multiple personalities and consequently sentenced him to death. However, that death sentence was later lifted from Tom Bonney and the court has declared him incapable of assisting in his own defense. This case was the subject of the book "Deadly Whispers" and the TV-movie of the same name, starring Tony Danza.

susalu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    I remember thinking Tony Danza was a pretty good actor after all in this movie....sad story

She was killed by her father, Tom Bonney, who claimed he did it while possessed by an alternate personality named "Hitman". She had quit school and had taken up with a married man, both of which had angered her father, who had developed a "Waltons" fantasy about his family. According to accounts of the case, Kathy's rebellious actions had destroyed this fantasy. His story to the police was that a man trying to sell a pick-up truck had given Kathy a test-drive and had never returned. In reality, Tom had driven his daughter just across the Virginia border into North Carolina, stopped by the side of the road, and shot her 27 times. After making the scene look like a sex crime, he left her in the Great Dismal Swamp Canal that ran alongside the shoulder of the road. The jury at his trial was not impressed with Tom's tales of multiple personalities and consequently sentenced him to death. However, that death sentence was later lifted from Tom Bonney and the court has declared him incapable of assisting in his own defense. This case was the subject of the book "Deadly Whispers" and the TV-movie of the same name, starring Tony Danza.
    was this a................ lifetime movie??? lol... is that asshole (not Tony but Tom) still in jail?

Danny62 Guest

Kathy Carol Bonney, Sad!

Murder Victim. She was killed by her father, Tom Bonney, who claimed he did it while possessed by an alternate personality named "Hitman". She had quit school and had taken up with a married man, both of which had angered her father, who had developed a "Waltons" fantasy about his family. According to accounts of the case, Kathy's rebellious actions had destroyed this fantasy. His story to the police was that a man trying to sell a pick-up truck had given Kathy a test-drive and had never returned. In reality, Tom had driven his daughter just across the Virginia border into North Carolina, stopped by the side of the road, and shot her 27 times. After making the scene look like a sex crime, he left her in the Great Dismal Swamp Canal that ran alongside the shoulder of the road. The jury at his trial was not impressed with Tom's tales of multiple personalities and consequently sentenced him to death. However, that death sentence was later lifted from Tom Bonney and the court has declared him incapable of assisting in his own defense. This case was the subject of the book "Deadly Whispers" and the TV-movie of the same name, starring Tony Danza. It was also featured on an episode of "American Justice" on A&E.

Aug 6, 1968-Nov 21, 1987

Jazbabee Guest
    27 times ???? good lawd !!!!!

RaRaRamona Guest
    She was so pretty. It's kind of sickening to think of Tony Danza playing that role. It makes it extra freaky.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Talk about overkill....

I just saw this the other night......was it Notorious or City Confidential???? Not sure.

panda Guest
    I seen the movie! It was great, but I've got to say it was hard seeing Tony play the part of such a monster. He did a great job though!

Maruz83 Guest
    Geesss 27 times ??? Damn Daddy-Dearest !!

ManUnitedRedDevil Guest
    Wow, Great Dismal Swamp. That just makes it extra creepy. Sounds like dad might have had a "thing" for his daughter and got jealous.

RoRo Guest
    I remember the movie as well...Danza was great in it

Daphne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazbabee View Post
    27 times ???? good lawd !!!!!

My thought exactly.. shot her 27 times? Geez Louise!

Ghoulie Girl Guest
    I hope he rots in hell. The SOB.

Overtaxed Guest
    Danny, HOW do you know about all these dead people?

laynesgrl Guest
    Wow! I didn't know this was a true story!! I just thought some writer had a wild imagination or something!!!

BooMom Guest

Anyone interested in being Tom's pen-pal?

http://www.ccadp.org/NC.htm

Jazbabee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by estone66 View Post

Think I will pass, my social activities calendar is full, no time to write !!!

Quote Originally Posted by estone66 View Post

Here's my letter

Dear Tom:

You suck and should burn in the deepest most fiery pits of hell while small demons poke you with spears.

Sincerely,

Someone who wants your head on a pike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quoth Tom, fearless avenger of outraged fathers everywhere (maybe they should send him to the Middle East):
    My mother passed away and was my last relative. I have been here for 12 years and she passed away and the prison said I could not go to the funeral in VA. Beach VA. So I just about went crazy and jumped into the trash compactor here and got my left arm and wrist broke and also dislocated my right shoulder...So now I am on solitary confinement and have been here for 5 1/2 years

WHAT A WHINER!!!! Okay, I can understand his being P.O.'d at the stubborn daughter, if that was the truth, and I presume, her adulterous BF, but there WERE other ways to handle this, besides killing his kid and destroying what was left of his family.
    Good heavens, even a beat-down might have been atrocious, but at least she would likely still be alive and he might even have been out of prison by now.
    And making it look like a sex crime--- just... eeeewww.
    And now the state's taxpayers have to pay for his self-inflicted injuries.
    I wonder what his late mother really thought about her son murdering her grandchild, and, it seems, cancelling any hope of descendants.
    Last edited by Linnie; 04-09-2009 at 08:14 AM.

"And making it look like a sex crime--- just... eeeewww. "

Thats the part that made me squirm.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

warmbear Guest
    Oh, I think he is a model father, and he just needs a hug....... (tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Quote Originally Posted by warmbear View Post
    Oh, I think he is a model father, and he just needs a hug....... (tongue firmly planted in cheek)
    Warmbear, I love your avatar, and if that kitty has claws, maybe she could give him the hug he needs. Kitty would need to be disinfected afterwards....

broken Guest
    When this happened it was all over the news, oprah- cnn- everyone tried to get a interview with tom bonney. Also the a&e american justice tv show did an episode on this case its episode 134

Nelliebean Guest
    What a wack job!

Mammy Guest
    Good Lord, this old bastard is still alive?! He committed his crime nearly 25 years ago and he's still alive. What's with the expression on his face in that picture? He looks like he is trying to shit whole coconuts.

Town Without Pity Guest
    I remember this story and his stupid defense. 27 times...I would say he was a little more then pissed off at her, way overkill. I just don't get the family killer...although yes I have some realitives I prefer not to see but I don't want to kill them...it's just beyond my reach to understand it at all. 27 times...think of how long that actually took....when probably the first few shots killed her....he should be on death row if any damn state has that anymore.

He has a look to me that says "Oh, the pain I've had to endure because the jury didn't buy my bull$hit story!"