Results 1 to 36 of 36

Thread: Karla Faye Tucker

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,059

    Karla Faye Tucker

    i searched and found no thread,so forgive me in advance.

    where i worked,we had console radios where we could plug in. primarily for am reception,we listened to fm to save batteries.

    anyway,we had been listening to the news about carla fayes stays,and other legal manuevering to avoid execution. when the board said no dice and bush concurred,we knew it was curtains for her.

    the dj played fiona apples "criminal" and i can still feel the chill


    note to self: if you ever kill someone with a pick axe,don't let jury here you say you orgasmed with every whack.
    Last edited by midnitelamp; 11-05-2007 at 12:07 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,359
    I remember when Bush was Governor of Texas, he was presented with her possibly getting a reprieve from death. He made some sort of joke about it and laughed.

    I never forgot that. I thought that was totally effed up.

    But what can you say, he's laughing off all those deaths in the Mid-East in regards to the war anyway...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    785
    The computer should be full of Karla Fay Tucker stories. She was one bad and mean motor scooter when she and her buddy killed those people. Her life from a child on til she was arrested for those murders was not good. IMO, she did become a true Christian while awaiting death. Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, etc all joined in with religious leaders from all over the world to stop her execution. It was a sad time because so many people felt so strongly, both sides - yes, fry her butt; no, she deserves to live. The great amount of news coverage in the papers and on TV was amazing. She did a lot of good while awaiting death, was always positive, and I don't believe she ever begged to spare her life. Karla never denied doing the murder. I personally admired how she conducted herself while in prison and at the end of her life.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,059
    I personally admired how she conducted herself while in prison and at the end of her life.[/quote]

    i did too. we thought she would be spared, i suppose that is why fionas words hit so hard.
    there are plenty of links at the end of her wiki entry.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I remember when Bush was Governor of Texas, he was presented with her possibly getting a reprieve from death. He made some sort of joke about it and laughed.

    I never forgot that. I thought that was totally effed up.

    But what can you say, he's laughing off all those deaths in the Mid-East in regards to the war anyway...
    You have a right to your opinion, but I think trashing the President isn't going to help. What's the point?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Utah, How f'ing exciting is that.
    Posts
    6,298
    All I am gonna say is isn't it funny how people behind bars turn to religion??

    Even ole Tex watson that helped killed Sharon Tate turned to religion...even has his own website, from prison somehow!!

    http://www.aboundinglove.org/
    Last edited by Danny62; 11-05-2007 at 05:26 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    317
    This should end well.

    I thought about posting more, but then I remembered a piece of advice my Uncle once gave me: "Just because a grenade has been tossed, doesn't mean you should jump on it".

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxxx View Post
    You have a right to your opinion, but I think trashing the President isn't going to help. What's the point?
    Oh I'm sorry. Didn't vote the guy, don't like him, he's doing a lousy job...that is all...

    [SIZE=5]President George W. Bush Publicly Mocked Karla's Clemency Plea
    [/SIZE]
    In early August 1999, then Presidential candidate Governor George W. Bush mocked Karla Tucker's plea for clemency during an interview with Talk Magazine. Bush mentioned that he had watched Larry King's interview with Karla Tucker from Texas Death Row.

    "I didn't meet with Larry King either when he came down for it," Bush told the magazine. "I watched his interview with (Tucker), though. He asked her real difficult questions, like, `What would you say to Governor Bush?' "
    The Talk reporter asked how she answered.
    " `Please,' Bush whimpers, his lips pursed in mock desperation, `don't kill me,' " according to the magazine.
    Here's the relevant clip of the interview from the September 1999 issue of Talk Magazine.
    GOP Presidental Primary Opponent Gary Bauer critisized Bush for these comments.
    "I think it is nothing short of unbelievable that the governor of a major state running for president thought it was acceptable to mock a woman he decided to put to death," Bauer said of Bush. Houston Chronicle, August 11, 1999
    Last edited by Aries65; 11-05-2007 at 06:35 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fayetteville, Tennessee
    Posts
    3,770
    was VERY happy when they killed this one

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    534
    Quote Originally Posted by RoRo View Post
    was VERY happy when they killed this one
    Me, too. Too bad they didn't get religion BEFORE they committed the horrific crimes. Funny how that works.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    750
    I totally remember this crap because I was working at a prison when it happened. It was a huge deal at the time. Personally, I thought she didn't deserve any sympathy. If she were a man and said that crap (about the orgasm) people wouldn't have thought twice about the execution. Granted, she had a screwed up life and she seemingly turned her life around after she got locked up, but again, do you really have to go that far to realize it's wrong to do heroin and kill people with a pick axe? My mom had a totally fucked up upbringing and didn't do that shit. I'm sure several other people on the planet have had crappy parents and didn't turn to killing either.

    Plus, it's Texas. You just don't fuck with Texas. I've lived here nearly all my life and I've already decided that if I want to go on some killing spree, I'll move first.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Antonio TX
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by MagneticElectric View Post
    I totally remember this crap because I was working at a prison when it happened. It was a huge deal at the time. Personally, I thought she didn't deserve any sympathy. If she were a man and said that crap (about the orgasm) people wouldn't have thought twice about the execution. Granted, she had a screwed up life and she seemingly turned her life around after she got locked up, but again, do you really have to go that far to realize it's wrong to do heroin and kill people with a pick axe? My mom had a totally fucked up upbringing and didn't do that shit. I'm sure several other people on the planet have had crappy parents and didn't turn to killing either.

    Plus, it's Texas. You just don't fuck with Texas. I've lived here nearly all my life and I've already decided that if I want to go on some killing spree, I'll move first.

    The more of your posts I read...the more I like you No nonsence, straight to the point and dead set in your beliefs. Hats off my friend.
    ~smoochies~

  13. #13
    I remember the coverage. My father was in the hospital suffering from an emphysema attack, but he insisted on watching it. The nurses kept trying to turn the channel on him because the "Death Watch" was creeping them out, and he'd get really pissed.

    Dad made a good recovery though, so all is well.

  14. #14
    "I'm practically freakin' dead and you won't let me pick my own TV show?!?" LOL Dad.

  15. #15
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    "I didn't meet with Larry King either when he came down for it," Bush told the magazine. "I watched his interview with (Tucker), though. He asked her real difficult questions, like, `What would you say to Governor Bush?' "
    The Talk reporter asked how she answered.
    " `Please,' Bush whimpers, his lips pursed in mock desperation, `don't kill me,' " according to the magazine.

    I would do the same thing.

    Tucker: "Please don't kill me"
    Me: "Oo oo I know this! What is 'Things people said just before you killed them with a FUCKING PICKAXE?'"

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    bluegrass state
    Posts
    2,690
    She was one mean character beforehand. I think she was truly sorry and sincerely repented, BUT....that does not necessarily mean that you don't have to pay the penalty for your actions.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    I would do the same thing.

    Tucker: "Please don't kill me"
    Me: "Oo oo I know this! What is 'Things people said just before you killed them with a FUCKING PICKAXE?'"
    The point of that, is Bush is a public figure - Governor of Texas (at the time of her execution). He should have shown some tact, rather than have said what he did and have it known publicly and make him look (even more) disrespectful.

    Maybe Karla deserved to die for her actions, but I still thought what he did was tasteless, especially since him or anyone in his family were not victims of hers.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    534
    The way I read it, and the way I remember it at the time, it was more of a response to the stupid ass softball questions Larry King put to her.

    Sorry...can't feel sorry for the woman and frankly, I find what SHE did more repugnant and that's where the focus should stay.
    Last edited by Ruffian; 11-06-2007 at 03:21 PM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    I would do the same thing.

    Tucker: "Please don't kill me"
    Me: "Oo oo I know this! What is 'Things people said just before you killed them with a FUCKING PICKAXE?'"

    LMAO, OMG that is sooo damn funny!


    It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life.
    -- Jimi Hendrix

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    719
    Some people will go to any lengths to bash a sitting president!


    It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life.
    -- Jimi Hendrix

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardner32 View Post
    Some people will go to any lengths to bash a sitting president!
    Yep!

  22. #22
    Guest Guest
    Aries does have a point...as the Governor at the time he should have kept it professional...but then again when he's the offspring of ole' Babs what do you expect?

    I have no sympathy for Karla Faye...if she had not been locked up to find God how many more may she have killed? Yeah she had a rough life..a lot of us have...have I killed anyone yet? NO....(notice I said "yet" lol)

    I have sympathy for her victims families and even for her own family...and IF she got right with God then so be it...IF she didn't she's exactly where she needs to be

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
    Aries does have a point...as the Governor at the time he should have kept it professional...but then again when he's the offspring of ole' Babs what do you expect?
    Yeah, I remember what ol' Babs said about the Katrina victims when she visited the Dome...nice!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wichita Falls,TX
    Posts
    4,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Oh I'm sorry. Didn't vote the guy, don't like him, he's doing a lousy job...that is all...

    [SIZE=5]President George W. Bush Publicly Mocked Karla's Clemency Plea
    [/SIZE]
    In early August 1999, then Presidential candidate Governor George W. Bush mocked Karla Tucker's plea for clemency during an interview with Talk Magazine. Bush mentioned that he had watched Larry King's interview with Karla Tucker from Texas Death Row.

    "I didn't meet with Larry King either when he came down for it," Bush told the magazine. "I watched his interview with (Tucker), though. He asked her real difficult questions, like, `What would you say to Governor Bush?' "
    The Talk reporter asked how she answered.
    " `Please,' Bush whimpers, his lips pursed in mock desperation, `don't kill me,' " according to the magazine.
    Here's the relevant clip of the interview from the September 1999 issue of Talk Magazine.
    GOP Presidental Primary Opponent Gary Bauer critisized Bush for these comments.
    "I think it is nothing short of unbelievable that the governor of a major state running for president thought it was acceptable to mock a woman he decided to put to death," Bauer said of Bush. Houston Chronicle, August 11, 1999
    i agree bush is a moron that is all i will say

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,059
    back in the day when hanging was the only penalty for some crimes in the UK,they let three sundays pass between sentencing and carrying it through,allowing the condemned to "get right".

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Oh I'm sorry. Didn't vote the guy, don't like him, he's doing a lousy job...that is all...

    [SIZE=5]President George W. Bush Publicly Mocked Karla's Clemency Plea[/SIZE]
    In early August 1999, then Presidential candidate Governor George W. Bush mocked Karla Tucker's plea for clemency during an interview with Talk Magazine. Bush mentioned that he had watched Larry King's interview with Karla Tucker from Texas Death Row.

    "I didn't meet with Larry King either when he came down for it," Bush told the magazine. "I watched his interview with (Tucker), though. He asked her real difficult questions, like, `What would you say to Governor Bush?' "
    The Talk reporter asked how she answered.
    " `Please,' Bush whimpers, his lips pursed in mock desperation, `don't kill me,' " according to the magazine.
    Here's the relevant clip of the interview from the September 1999 issue of Talk Magazine.
    GOP Presidental Primary Opponent Gary Bauer critisized Bush for these comments.
    "I think it is nothing short of unbelievable that the governor of a major state running for president thought it was acceptable to mock a woman he decided to put to death," Bauer said of Bush. Houston Chronicle, August 11, 1999

    For some reason, this story makes me like Bush even MORE. In this day and age where political correctness is the norm, it's refreshing to hear someone tell it like it is. Bottom line: she murdered, brutally- I might add. She deserved to pay the ultimate price for her heinous crimes. It's easy to look at her jail videos and think she was pretty, petite, and by gosh- she is now a Christian! Doesn't change what she did, though, and she still had to pay the price for it.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Putnam CT USA
    Posts
    670
    A while after she died, I saw Larry King make some reference to her. I forget what it was about, but he had forgotten her name.
    Take care,
    Harry

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbilina View Post
    The more of your posts I read...the more I like you No nonsence, straight to the point and dead set in your beliefs. Hats off my friend.
    Thank you!

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry in Connecticut View Post
    A while after she died, I saw Larry King make some reference to her. I forget what it was about, but he had forgotten her name.

    what a surprise! not larry

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny62 View Post
    All I am gonna say is isn't it funny how people behind bars turn to religion??

    Even ole Tex watson that helped killed Sharon Tate turned to religion...even has his own website, from prison somehow!!

    http://www.aboundinglove.org/

    HAHA! Isn't it?! I ALWAYS say that! It seems the people who fucked up the most in life are always the ones who become born again christians.
    Like that's gonna save them!

    Let's see...

    Stone cold murderer you were you say? But ok, you found God... ehhh...ok.... you're alright.... you get to go to heaven.

    And you? You weren't really religious in your life but you were a wonderful human being, lived a good life... sorry, but you go to hell!!

    LMAO, I don't think so!

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fayetteville, Tennessee
    Posts
    3,770
    hey since all death row inmates seem to find God then they should be happy to die and go see Him!!!

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    932
    I just saw a special about her on The Bio channel and they showed the crime scene photos. Very bloody. I'm not defending her, but damn she had a fucked up childhood. I still have it on DVR and can take pics off the screen if anyone is interested and post them on photobucket. Just asking, I don't want to offend anyone or get into trouble.
    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1752&dateline=1264924651

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    279
    I loved this story on Crimelibrary...Damn I miss that website!

    Karla Faye's is a fucked up story...in the end, justice served.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    5,361
    I agree, I wish Crimelibrary would come back.
    Do no harm, But take no crap.

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,496
    Interesting story about the connection between the murders of one of Karla's victims, Debbie Thornton, and her father Bill List, the notoriously creepy builder of the ugliest mansion in Texas, who was killed by several of his young "houseboys" as he called them, and Debbie's brother Ron Carlson, who became a born-again Christian, forgave fellow BAC Karla Faye and attended her execution-- as her invited "guest." You couldn't make up this stuff:

    https://ididitforjodie.com/2012/11/2...and-bill-list/

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    279
    LOL! Thanks Linnie - the author of this story has an intense love of his Thesaurus!!!

    Ron Carlson sure had his share of tragedy!

    Must now read more about the Toddville Murder Mansion!!!

    EDITED TO ADD: The FAD thread about Deborah Thornton's dad's murder and fantastically UGLY mansion.


    http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...rder-Bill-List
    Last edited by ktkatinmn; 03-22-2017 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Add a link to Deborah's daddy's murder

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •