Thread: FAD Private messages

FAD Private messages

Why are private messages thru FAD sent from Nick's email at another website rather than from Findadeath.com?

Do you mean messages sent through the contact form linked at the bottom of the page or forum notices like birthday greetings, thread subscriptions, etc.?

Because I run those things and respond to those messages and it's easier to just have everything sent to one address.

No, I meant when I get the alert in my personal email box that I have a PM at FAD, this is what I see:

New Private Message at Findadeath Forum

Thursday, January 15, 2009 7:16 AM

"Findadeath Forum" <nick@the-nextlevel.com>
    Add sender to Contacts

To:
    cdnbooks@yahoo.com

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear Aries65,

You have received a new private message at Findadeath Forum from vandal, entitled "Re: E! THS".

I didn't put the whole message in - just what I was referring to. So if all these PM messages are going thru your private email, does this mean you can read them also, Nick?

Nope. The notices are sent out by the forum software, not manually. Only the recipient sees them. Now, if there is a question or problem and someone replies to the message, it will come to me and will have my address in the "TO" field, but the sender can edit the message however he likes, just like any other e-mail message. It says "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!" because it is sent by the system. I don't think the birthday messages say that, though, because people reply to those to thank us.

Okay. I guess that answers my question, then...

sending a private message

I have just sent another user a PM. However it is not showing up in my sent folder, so not sure if it has been sent correctly. Please can you clarify how I can get my sent msgs to be saved in the sent folder. thanks

Mine never show in my sent folder but everyone seems to get them.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

"Nobody goes laundry cart on my wash unless them bitches wanna be going feet first."
    Cloris Leachman.

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    Mine never show in my sent folder but everyone seems to get them.
    Thanks McMorbid. I feel sorry for the person I am chatting to now. I sent her the same msg about 3 times as I thought it was not working!

I did the same thing starting out. I'm sure we're not alone.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

"Nobody goes laundry cart on my wash unless them bitches wanna be going feet first."
    Cloris Leachman.

-Click on Settings
    -Scroll down the left column and click on General Settings
    -Scroll down until you see Sent Private Messages and click on the radio button in front of Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default
    -Scroll all the way down and click Save Changes and voila!