Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipes (Share & Request)

Mediteranean yogurt dip

This one is great for a kids dip, got my veggie hatin' stepdaughter to start gobblin' up raw veggies. We also love it on our seasoned chicken tenders.

Greek style or plain yogurt, whatever fat content you wish
    dried dill
    garlic salt
    sea salt

I don't have exact measurements for this recipe, just mix the seasonings into the yogurt to taste. My mil has done something similar for fruit by mixing the yogurt with just cinnamon, that's yummy too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsvGs...feature=colike

My own, personal, Dexter...

KristinEileen Guest
    I have two recipes to share!

French Toast Casserole

Mix together and pour into the bottom of a 9x13 pan:
    2 Tablespoons Karo syrup (light or dark)
    1/4 pound of butter
    1 Cup packed brown sugar

Spread out one loaf of Pepperidge Farm (or similar) cinnamon bread on top of mixture. Pour the following egg mixture over cinnamon bread.

6 eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 2/3 cups of milk
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Bake at 350 for about 45 mins
    Cover for the first 25 mins.

And

Mini Cheese Calzones: Vegetarian Safe!!

Ingredients:
    6 sticks of string cheese
    1 package of refrigerate bread stick dough
    marinara or pizza sauce for dipping.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Unwrap cheese and cut in half crosswise. Unroll breadstick dough and separate it into 12 rectangles. Coil a rectangle of dough around a piece of cheese stick, completely cover the chess, tucking the dough ends under and pinching them to seal closed. Place dough covered cheese on ungreased baking sheet and bake until gold brown, about 12 mins. Remove and serve immediately with marinara or pizza sauce.

I didn't even know that this thread existed!! I am so excited to share recipes!!

BooMom Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hell0kitty View Post
    3 Cups Self Raising Flour
    3 Tbl Sugar
    1 Bottle Of Beer

Mix It Up, Put It In Greased Loaf Pan
    350 For An Hour

It Was Absolutely Delicious!!! Sooo Easy, We Had It With Chicken Soup! Yummy

You Can Also Add Cheese, Sesame Seeds, HERBS, Etc...

Kitty..............

- OMFG !!!!
    I LOVE YOU !!! And my hubby will just DIE when I make this to go with his Father's day dinner of Stuffed Peppers !!!

viridescence Guest
    The beer bread recipe makes me quite happy because I have two bottles of beer in the fridge right now that neither of us will drink (I can't have carbonated drinks anymore, husband hates drinking beer but likes stuff like beer-battered onion rings).

We eat a lot of chicken so I am always looking for new ways to make it. I like skinless, boneless chicken the best and thighs have more flavor than the breasts. You could of course use this for chicken parts or grill it instead of broiling.

Spicy Honey Glazed Chicken

8 skinless, boneless thighs
    1 t. salt
    1 t. paprika
    1/2 t. cumin
    1/2 t. cayenne pepper
    2 t. chili powder
    2 t. garlic powder
    1 t. black pepper
    6 T. honey
    3 T. apple cider vinegar
    Cooking spray

Combine all spices in a bowl. Mix well, then add chicken and coat evenly. Coat broiler pan with cooking spray and place chicken on pan. Broil for 5 minutes on each side. While the chicken is broiling, mix the honey and cider vinegar. After the chicken is done cooking, brush half of the mixture on the chicken and broil for another minute. Repeat this on the other side.
    Last edited by viridescence; 06-11-2008 at 10:07 AM.

viridescence Guest
    I saw a peanut butter cookie recipe on here already, but this one is simpler:

Easy Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup peanut butter
    1 egg
    1 t. vanilla
    1 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 400 F.

Mix ingredients well and roll into 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press with the back of a fork in a criss-cross pattern. Bake 8-10 minutes.

I use "light" creamy peanut butter and Splenda blend instead of sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by BooMom View Post
    Kitty..............

- OMFG !!!!
    I LOVE YOU !!! And my hubby will just DIE when I make this to go with his Father's day dinner of Stuffed Peppers !!!

YOU BET! sounds like a plan! you'll love it!
    pull the string!

warmbear Guest
    Okay, fellow hags...

I have just found out that a friend's son has celiac sprue, and cannot eat any foods containing gluten (regular flours).

So, I am looking for gluten free recipes for her to try that take the place of the usual gluten containing recipes...

Do you love a challenge??

RoRo Guest

RoRo Guest

A new favorite

Great appetizers or pair a couple with veggies for dinner!

Mini Catfish Cakes

1 lb catfish fillets
    1 1/4 c panko
    3 green onions, minced
    2 large eggs, beaten
    1/2 c finely chopped red bell pepper
    1/2 t salt
    1/4 t fresh cracked black pepper
    1/4 c vegetable oil

Chop catfish into 1/4" pieces. Combine catfish, 3/4 c panko, and next 5 ingredients; gently stir until well blended. Shape mixture into 12 patties ( about 1/4 c each ). Dredge patties in remaining panko.
    Cook patties, in batches, in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 3 - 4 minutes on each side or until golden; drain on paper towels.

I promised this one to mbalmr months and months ago.

Saying that Singaporeans are food-obsessed is like saying the humans breathe air to live. A recent count turned up 3,725 restaurants and 17,070 hawker stalls in this island nation of 4 million. That’s one place to eat for every 200 people.

Peppercorns play an unabashedly starring role in this dish which is practically a national institution. It begins with large, meaty crabs which are stirfried twice, once on their own, then in an incendiary spice paste which features spoonfuls of coarsely ground black pepper, ginger, garlic, soy and oyster sauces. The pepper-crusted shells are fiery hot; in contrast, the meat inside is succulent and sweet. As we like to say, “Shiok!” (“Delicious!”).

Here in Singapore we get Sri Lankan mudcrabs as they are full of meat. Where you live Dungeness crabs will fit the bill. But if you can get mudcrabs then go for that.

To serve 4 Ingredients
    2 live Dungeness crabs, 1-1/2 to 2 pounds each
    1/2 cup canola oil
    2 tablespoons butter
    2 tablespoons garlic chopped fine
    2 tablespoons ginger, chopped fine
    1 tablespoon Serrano or jalapeno chile, chopped fine
    3 tablespoons light soy sauce
    1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
    1/4 cup oyster sauce
    1/4 cup black pepper, coarsely ground (or to taste)

Method:
    1. Take the easy way out and have your fishmonger kill and clean the crabs, cut them into quarters and crack the claws.
    2. In a large wok, preferably cast iron, heat the oil over a high flame until very hot, but not smoking. Stirfry the crab pieces in two batches, 4 to 5 minutes each, until they turn bright red. Remove from the wok and set aside.
    3. Lower the heat to medium high and add the butter to the wok. As soon as it begins to sizzle, add the rest of the ingredients. Stirfry briefly. Then return the crab to the wok and stirfry for 4 to 5 minutes more. Make sure that the crab is well-coated with the peppercorn mixture.
    4. Remove from the wok and serve at once with ice cold beer and a stack of napkins.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Ridgecrest, CA-Middle of the Mojave Desert
    All of these sound so yummy!!! I have 2 to add

Tia Olivia's "Blue Monday"
    This is a salsa to be eaten warmed up.

20 to 30 Yellow Chilis de-seeded and chopped fine (or leave the seeds in if you like it flaming hot)
    1 large white onion diced
    2 cans of green diced "Ortega" chilis
    1 large can of stewed or crushed tomatoes (however chunky you like it)
    1 diced garlic clove or you can use 1 tbs of the stuff in the jar.
    salt and pepper to taste
    2 cups of water
    1 large block of Moterey Jack Cheese

Bring everything into a pot "EXCEPT THE CHEESE" and bring to a nice hard boil. Once it's boiling reduce heat to very very low for 20 to 30 min. You can add more water to your liking depending on how thick or watery you like it. Once all that is cooked, now you dice and put in that whole block of Jack cheese till it's nice and melted. Bust our your favorite tortilla chips or put all over your eggs or steak and eat. This will keep for about a week because of the cheese. Jusr reheat when you want to enjoy.

Easy Yougurt Pie

2 of any flavor yourgurt you like (in the individual cup kind)
    1 tub of cool whip
    1 any flavor premade pie crust

Add the 2 yogurts to the entire tub of cool whip and mix well. Once mixed pour into the pie crust and refrigerate for about 3 hours. And eat. Vey yummy.

Nayzo Guest
    This is one of my favorite dessert recipes...because I suck at making pie crusts, but I refuse to buy them (don't ask):

Easy Apple Pie

5 medium to large apples (or 6 small), peeled, cored, and cut into wedges.
    1 tspn Cinnamon
    1 tbspn Sugar

Mix these three together and pour mixture into a greased pie pan

For the "crust":
    3/4 cup butter (melted)
    1 cup of flour
    1 egg
    1 cup of sugar

Melt the butter in a pan, and mix in the rest of the ingredients. Once it's well blended (it will be a thickish consistency), pour it over the apples.

Cook for about 40 minutes (until crust is gold) at 350 degrees.

Helpful hint: put tin foil under the pan- more times than not, it does bubble over a little in the over.

Another helpful hint: drizzle caramel sauce over the done pie. Or, if you have those caramel chip things, try tossing those in with the apples. I haven't tried it, but dang it sounds good.

MbalmR Guest
    Droooooooooooling here, neilmpenny!!!!!!!! Thanks, baby!

Here's a fast and easy dish I created the other night:

1. In a medium saucepan, boil about 4 coffee-cups full of salted water. Heat to boiling.
    2. Add to the boiling water about four handfuls of that twisty-type pasta.
    3. Simmer.
    4. In a small saucepan, heat one can of beef chili (but wait until the pasta is almost done, 'cause the chili heats up REALLY fast. It's surprising)
    5. Drain the pasta in the sink in a colander.
    6. Dump it back into the saucepan, and add butter or marg and S&P. Mix.
    7. Add the heated chili to the pasta. Mix again.
    8. Now, throw the whole mess into the garbage. It tastes like crap...

Really bland and chalky

Hag1 Guest
    Apple Dew

4 Granny Smith apples
    2 cans crescent rolls
    1 1/2 C sugar
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1 stick margarine
    1 (12 oz) can Mountain Dew

Wash and peel apples. Cut into quarters. Wrap rolls around apples. Put in 9x11 baking dish. Mix cinnamon, sugar and melted butter together. Pour over top of dumplings. Pour Mountain Dew over dumplings. Bake at 45 min at 375. Can be served with ice cream.

This comes out like apple dumplings, but is really easy and very good

OBX Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post

1. In a medium saucepan, boil about 4 coffee-cups full of salted water. Heat to boiling.
    3. Simmer.
    4. In a small saucepan, heat one can of beef chili (but wait until the pasta is almost done, 'cause the chili heats up REALLY fast. It's surprising)

Really bland and chalky
    Got me and I can't stop chuckling.

Guest Guest
    This is how I make stove top Chicken Enchiladas

I boil 4 or 5 boneless skinless chicken breast....let cool put to the side
    (this can be done ahead of time)

In a pan I put some canola oil and toss in about 8 - 10 shredded up corn tortillas
    (I just rip them up by hand) - I toast them until almost all of them are cripsyish

I add the chicken (shedded) , 1 can of green enchilada sauce (large can)...... and about 1 pound of cheese (no kiddin)

I let simmer for about 8 - 10 minutes and then serve.

If I do the chicken ahead of time it takes me a total of 25 minutes from stove to plate.

RoRo Guest
    Made these for the 4th...everyone loved them

TOMATO TART
    1/2 (15 oz) refrigerated piecrusts
    1 garlic bulb
    1/2 t olive oil
    1 1/2 c shredded fontina cheese, divided
    4 lg tomatoes
    1/2 t salt
    1/4 t pepper
    Press piecrust on bottom and up sides of a square 9" tart pan. Bake at 450 for 9 minutes or until piecrust is lightly browned; set aside. Cut off pointed end of garlic bulb; place garlic on a piece of aluminum foil, and drizzle with olive oil. Fold foil to seal.
    Bake garlic at 425 for 30 minutes; cool.. Squeeze pulp from garlic cloves into bottom of baked piecrust. Sprinkle 1/2 c cheese over the garlic. Slice tomatoes, and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Place on folded paper towels, and let stand 10 minutes. arrange tomato slices over cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until tart is lightly browned.

WATERMELON PUREE
    1 c sugar
    1 c water
    8 c cubed seedless watermelon
    2 T lemon juice
    In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water toa boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; set aside. In a blender or food processor, process the watermelon in batches until pureed. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the sugar syrup and lemon juice. Pour into a 13 x 9" dish; cover and freeze 8 hours or until firm. Just before serving, puress watermelon mixture in batches until smooth. Makes 1 1/2 quarts.

MbalmR Guest
    "Loose Meat" Sandwiches:

2 pounds ground beef
    2 C finely chopped onion
    4 t beef bouillon (I use that "Better Than Bouillon" paste in a jar)
    2 t yellow mustard, or more to taste
    1 can beer (you can substitute chicken broth if you can't part with the beer)
    salt & pepper to taste

Brown beef, 5 minutes. Add onion, cook 5 minutes. Add bouillon and beer to cover meat. Cover and simmer 30 minutes, then add mustard.

Serve on hot hamburger buns with dill pickle slices and yellow mustard. Tastes best when it's had a chance to sit over night.
    Last edited by MbalmR; 07-06-2008 at 08:52 PM.

sunshine2828 Guest
    I put this on the "what's for dinner tonight" thread too, but I'm looking for any recipes involving "squishy" bananas. I have just a few and lost my Banana bread recipe! I'll take any good banana recipe though! Thanks in advance!!

bbq chicken

anyone have any tips for good oven baked bbq chicken breast? i use regular bbq sauce with brown sugar, but i can't get my sauce to stick!
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

Chevyheaven Guest
    I need some help yall. Tonight I gotta go to a bbq and they asked me to cook the steaks. Anyone got a good marinade that would make them tasty as well as moist and easy to chew. My steaks generally turn out like a shoe. let me know yall. thanks.

Chevyheaven Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post

3. Simmer.

Really bland and chalky

LMAO That actually sounded like it was gonna be pretty good. I would have added a can of veggie soup to it. I did that once. I was alone and the family was gone outta own. I was trying to cook me something to eat so I got in the creative mood. I cooked some pasta and when it was cooked I threw in 2 cans of tuna and mayo. I thought it would be delicious. I tasted it and it was ok.. kinda wierd but I didnt finish it I put it in the fridge.
    Well the next morning the family came home and wifey was in the kitchen eating a bowl of my creation..she said.. "oh this is delicious is it a frozen dinner?? I said "Nooo I created that last night for dinner.. " she thought I was fibbing..but who cares.. I know I cooked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyheaven View Post
    I need some help yall. Tonight I gotta go to a bbq and they asked me to cook the steaks. Anyone got a good marinade that would make them tasty as well as moist and easy to chew. My steaks generally turn out like a shoe. let me know yall. thanks.

my boyfriend uses this tip to make them tender. he blends about 6 kiwis in a blender and then lets the steak sit in them like a marinade for about 30 minutes. the kiwi eats away at the fat leaving the steaks tender! after scraping the kiwi off, he uses montreal steak marinade according to the directions, they are the best steaks i've ever had in my life!

sunshine2828 Guest
    This is a great marinade for steaks!

2 large shallots, finely chopped
    8 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
    1/4 cup chopped parsley
    2 tsp. fresh thyme(1 tsp dried)
    2 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 cup dijon mustard
    2 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
    2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
    1 1/3 cup olive oil(whisked in once all the other ingredients are in)

3-4 lbs steak
    marinate for 3- 6 hours

Chevyheaven Guest
    hmm thanks Jessica that sounds delicious. I never heard of Montreal Steak Marinade. I have to go to the store soon anyways so I will look for a bottle..

hmm thanks Jessica that sounds delicious. I never heard of Montreal Steak Marinade. I have to go to the store soon anyways so I will look for a bottle..

it's a dry spice, you mix it with olive oil, water and vinegar i think. it's where the mccormick spices are, in the spice isle of the grocery store. good luck!

Chevyheaven Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2828 View Post
    This is a great marinade for steaks!

2 large shallots, finely chopped
    8 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
    1/4 cup chopped parsley
    2 tsp. fresh thyme(1 tsp dried)
    2 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 cup dijon mustard
    2 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
    2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
    1 1/3 cup olive oil(whisked in once all the other ingredients are in)

3-4 lbs steak
    marinate for 3- 6 hours
    Oh cool.. thanks Sunshine whats a shallot? 8 garlic cloves. That sounds really good too.. Thanks.

sunshine2828 Guest
    Oh cool.. thanks Sunshine whats a shallot? 8 garlic cloves. That sounds really good too.. Thanks.
    It's an onion that is smaller and more flavorful than a regular white or yellow onion. It should be in the produce section at the grocery store in a small purple mesh bag(that's what the ones I get come in). They are sooooo good!

harlequin_clown Guest
    Just an FYI...

I made the dreamsicle cookies today and they were absolutely AMAZINGLY delicious!!!Totally easy to make too. I bet we could us different kool aid flavors like strawberry as well huh?

Noelle Page Guest

Crockpot/Slow Cookers: Advice, Recipes?

Hags,

I love the idea of the crockpot: stick something in the pot, let it cook all day, and it's ready by dinnertime. My kind of cooking!

So I got one in the past year and it works fine, but so far I've had few true successes. A lot of the recipes out there are sort of bizarre, and--has anyone else noticed this?--sometimes the meat or poultry comes out tasting bland and downright weird. Why is this?

But I'm not ready to give up yet, and so am looking for tried and true recipes, and any tips you can offer. Thanks!

Danny62 Guest
    I think the Jeffery Dahlmer Cook book could help! LOL

Sorry just could not resist this being a death hag site and all!

On a serious note my wife uses a crock pot alot and the food seems to taste really good! I love pot roast cooked that way!

Noelle Page Guest
    Oh Danny! Ew.

Can she share her best recipe?

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Page View Post
    Oh Danny! Ew.

Can she share her best recipe?
    Let me talk to her and see if I can email you some things! I know she does a few things in the cooker!

I will see what I can do!

lisalouver Guest
    I use mine mostly in the winter while gone to work and usually I cook sloppy joes or pulled bbq beef or pork, but the best ever is what Dan just said.

Buy a regular beef roast at the grocery store, place it in the crock pot with cut up potatoes, carrots and diced onions. Add salt, pepper, and I use the garlic in the jar (minced) and rub it into the meat. Add water to the bottom and cook on low for about 12 hours.

The meat is so tender it is unreal.

Beef stew is another good one in the crock pot.

Both Banquet and Marie Calendar (I think) came out recently with their own crock pot meals in the freezer. They come with the meat, veggies, sauce and all.

I have tried most of them and they are all delicious.

Hags,

I love the idea of the crockpot: stick something in the pot, let it cook all day, and it's ready by dinnertime. My kind of cooking!

So I got one in the past year and it works fine, but so far I've had few true successes. A lot of the recipes out there are sort of bizarre, and--has anyone else noticed this?--sometimes the meat or poultry comes out tasting bland and downright weird. Why is this?

But I'm not ready to give up yet, and so am looking for tried and true recipes, and any tips you can offer. Thanks!

You're not seasoning right!!! LOL

I hate to cook, but here's a coupla easy ones in the slow cooker.

Get a turkey breast, thaw it out.
    Rinse it and put it in the slow cooker with
    two cans of seasoned chicken broth.

Cook it for about 8-10 hours. Take out the turkey, which will be tender and falling apart. Remove any skin and bones.
    Get some flour and add some cold water and add it to the remaining juice in the cooker and you've got gravy.

You can add vegetables if you like in the beginning or you can nuke some.

the left over turkey makes great sandwiches

Take a pot roast
    throw it in the slow cooker
    throw in potatoes and carrots
    add one or two cans of stewed tomatoes - I like the seasoned ones
    add two cans of beef broth
    cook for 8-10 hours.
    take out all the stuff
    do the flour and cold water thing again for gravy

you've got dinner.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Hags,

Don't know how many crock pots I've sold at garage sales. I always think it's a good idea to have one, buy it, use it a few times, discover that everything that comes out of it tastes like meat-flavored oatmeal, and either throw it away or sell it.
    Crock pot food always tastes the same, weird mushy consistency and a very strange taste. Yuck. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong too.

pattykad Guest
    Hi Noelle....I know what you mean. Most of the recipes seem
    to be for something that you intend on leaving in for a few
    hours, not all day at while you are at work. My best luck
    has been just a big ole turkey breast with alittle liquid and it's
    perfect when you get home.

I have a friend that has pretty good luck with a beef stroganoff
    recipe, although I didn't love it like she did.

Noodles left in all day make a very nice wallpaper paste.

Noelle Page Guest
    Turkey, really? Hmmmm With just a little broth or something? Salt and pepper? On high or low? Like, for 8 hours or so?

Oh, just saw Neon Candy's post, and Lisa's, yeah, cool....but high or low? Same for pot roast, high or low?

THANKS IN ADVANCE ALL CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS THREAD, I WILL KEEP CHECKING AND LET YOU KNOW HOW THINGS TURN OUT!
    Last edited by Noelle Page; 07-21-2008 at 08:23 PM.

smellslikealmonds Guest
    I throw in some frozen chicken and a jar of Pace or whatever and cook it on low all day. Pretty good.

Jazbabee Guest
    Heres a simple beef recipe -

1 can Coke
    1 cup ketchup
    chopped garlic
    onion powder
    salt & pepper
    2 tbsp brown sugar ( if desired)

mix well and add a 2lb beef brisket or other cut. Simmer on low 6-8hrs. Makes an excellent barbecue sandwhich, and smells heavenly while cooking.

(I haven;t tried it yet, but if you like sweet/spicy you could add a few dashes of aa hot/tabasco type sauce)

That BBQ sounds wonderful; will have to try that myself.

As far as roast in the crockpot, what I do us get a chuck roast, get rid of the worst of the fat. Season some flour, roll the roast in it and sear good in the fry pan. Put into the crockpot, add your potatoes, carrots, onions, celery if you want. The I use an envelop of dry onion soup mix, pepper about 1/2 of Coke and water. Make sure the lid is on good. Now it depends on how soon I start it. I work at home so I sometimes don't get it going until 11 or so. I start on high and then about 4ish or so turn it down to low. When I would start them early in the morning 7 or so, I'd leave it on low all day.

It's a great way to make pinto beans in the winter, too. Some Rotel tomatoes, onions, spices, ham and cook all day - mmmmmmmmm hot corn bread with meltin' butter, big ol' bowl o' beans and ham.

RocketQueen Guest
    Corn beef and cabbage

1 large corn beef brisket

1 small bag of baby carrots

medium yellow onion

2 to 4 small potatoes quatered

a dash of ground cloves

enough water to cover the meat

layer the above ingrediants and cook on low at least 10 hours, during the last hour cover the brisket with classic yellow mustard. ENJOY!!

puddles Guest
    throw a rack of babyback ribs in your crockpot along with 2 bottles of your fav bbq sauce, cook for 8 hrs remove-grill them for around 10 to 15 min. awesome! I've also had VERY good luck making pulled pork and shredded chicken!

the Chinese make some excellent claypot dishes which would go well with your new toy. Try to avoid the pig intestine one though :-(
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

RocketQueen Guest
    Pot Roast

Buy a hunk of beef, nothing fancy, whatever is on sale will do.

Get lipton onion soup mix in a box and use one of the powdered soup mixes. Massage this into the meat.

Add your veggies, I just use mushrooms and onions, but you can add more.

Cover the meat in water, and add the other pack of soup mix. cook on low for 10 hours.

Great with mashed potatoes, you already have a wonderful gravy!!
    Last edited by JefeStone; 07-22-2008 at 10:28 AM.

RocketQueen Guest
    Chicken Soup

4 large chicken breasts or thighs, boneless. They can be frozen!

Onions, carrots, celery, and potatoes, as much or as little as you like.

Fill with water and add boullion. Cook on high about 6 to 8 hours, take out chicken and shred. Add noodles, I pre cook these strain and add during the last 15 minutes after I shred the chicken.

lisalouver Guest
    Great recipes Rocket!

Noelle: Whenever possible, always use low and cook longer.

RocketQueen Guest
    Shredded chicken tacos

Frozen chicken thighs or breasts

Taco seasoning store bought or homemade.

Enough water to cover chicken, cook on low 6 to 8 hours. Once most of the water has cooked down, shred the chicken. Makes tastey tacos or burritos!

RocketQueen Guest
    Thank you Lisa! At work, I am known as the crockpot queen.