Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Number of post in one day

Thread: Number of post in one day

Number of post in one day

Shouldn't a member STARTING 21 threads in 90 minutes be considered spam. Well not spam... but just a little excessive. Maybe we should have a rule that limits the number of threads started a day by a member.

All the new threads cover up the ones that are the hot topics of the moment and make it very hard to navigate the site...

21 posts in 90 minutes sounds excessive and self indulgent. I have noticed some people here only start and answer posts about themselves and their little lives and dramas. That being said this is the internet and if people want to post it and other people want to respond to their mundane crap that's their right. You also have the right to ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by keeunjames View Post
    21 posts in 90 minutes sounds excessive and self indulgent. I have noticed some people here only start and answer posts about themselves and their little lives and dramas. That being said this is the internet and if people want to post it and other people want to respond to their mundane crap that's their right. You also have the right to ignore it.
    Count is now 28 threads in two hours. You are right beyond words keeun. I think I need to learn how to put people on iggy.

I gotta agree. it's impossible to even try and keep up with the actors section because that certain someone has flooded it with very obscure names. Half the time I miss a thread I'm really interested in and I have to go back and look for it. There are some gems in that pile, but maybe he/she could spread them out over the week or something.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldwynGal View Post
    I gotta agree. it's impossible to even try and keep up with the actors section because that certain someone has flooded it with very obscure names. Half the time I miss a thread I'm really interested in and I have to go back and look for it. There are some gems in that pile, but maybe he/she could spread them out over the week or something.
    That is a good idea...OR maybe bunch them up into one thread...

well you made me go and look. Appears that the poster must have fingers of steel and no fear of developing carpal tunnel syndrome, given that there is a new post almost every one to two minutes.

I stand in awe at the "cut, paste and post" skillz displayed.

*ceege wanders back to the Jett thread, thanking the goddess that she put an extra layer of tinfoil inside her hat before getting up this morning*
    You can't get there from here. http://eclectech.co.uk/mindcontrol.php

.... And I was feeling bad about the number of posts I put up over the last few days. Granted, I was going with people that had always fascinated me. It's kind of hard to believe that you can have a genuine interest in ALL those names. Who knows? Must have far more brain capacity than me!
    You can't "nu uh" death. That's bad debating.

Quote Originally Posted by radiojane View Post
    .... And I was feeling bad about the number of posts I put up over the last few days. Granted, I was going with people that had always fascinated me. It's kind of hard to believe that you can have a genuine interest in ALL those names. Who knows? Must have far more brain capacity than me!
    Your posts are interesting...People that EVERYONE here had heard of...Nothin wrong with your threads honey...

Not to play devil's advocate, but I rather like some of those 'obscure' posts, brings to my attention people I've never heard of that have interesting lives and deaths and careers. Much prefer that than some of the bitching that's been going on in some of the other threads. Sorry, JMO. Just go directly to the section you like rather than the Actors/Actresses section. Love you all!

I have figured out the poster this thread is directed at and though 90% of the posts don't interest me much (a few do) I have no problem with it. I mean there are only so many things one can say about Sharon Tate. I get bored far more quickly with Ima Hausfrau and I've had a few rum and cokes and now I'm gonna post everything about my little day cuz boy am I funny and fascinating. But hey, if that's what the people want to read...go girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Philliefan View Post
    Not to play devil's advocate, but I rather like some of those 'obscure' posts, brings to my attention people I've never heard of that have interesting lives and deaths and careers. Much prefer that than some of the bitching that's been going on in some of the other threads. Sorry, JMO. Just go directly to the section you like rather than the Actors/Actresses section. Love you all!
    I totally agree. I would rather learn about actors I never heard of rather than read a 10 page thread of RIP post to an actors son or a birth announcement of a kitten.
    Don't forget what the bread and butter of this forum is afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    I totally agree. I would rather learn about actors I never heard of rather than read a 10 page thread of RIP post to an actors son or a birth announcement of a kitten.
    Don't forget what the bread and butter of this forum is afterall.

I think both have a place on the board. The kitten suicide threads show people's personalities and give the illusion of bonding with others while in front of your computer. This creates the "community feeling".
    At the same time just because an actor is "obscure" does not detract from the fact that they were an acor and deserve to be acknowledged just as much as Sharon, James Dean and Natalie Wood. Some of them were far more fascinating.

At the same time just because an actor is "obscure" does not detract from the fact that they were an acor and deserve to be acknowledged just as much as Sharon, James Dean and Natalie Wood. Some of them were far more fascinating.
    That is so true.
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

I think both have a place on the board. The kitten suicide threads show people's personalities and give the illusion of bonding with others while in front of your computer. This creates the "community feeling".
    You are correct as well. My point was that members should not be singled out for contributing threads about actors when his detractors are making game thread's that will never be read again or chat threads. Both do have their place.

Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    You are correct as well. My point was that members should not be singled out for contributing threads about actors when his detractors are making game thread's that will never be read again or chat threads. Both do have their place.
    I think you are right too and I think we should start a thread about it.

Guest Guest
    Point taken! There are SOME people here who like to read what I contribute! Thanks a bunch for the horrid comments. I shan't bother anymore if that is the consensus!!

I love to read about obscure actors or actress's!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladpyre View Post
    Point taken! There are SOME people here who like to read what I contribute! Thanks a bunch for the horrid comments. I shan't bother anymore if that is the consensus!!
    They're valid threads in a great section of this forum. Don't let a minority stop you contributing.

I love your threads Vlad. Don't stop, please!
    Winners are losers...who got up and gave it one more try ~ Dennis Deyoung

Don't listen to anyone Vlad, keep posting. This forum is as much yours as it is thier's. I bet Scott Michaels reads your threads more than anything in the EE or Real life sections.

Vlad, please don't stop starting those threads. I loves 'em. I have learned a lot about obscure celebs that I would never have known if you hadn't contributed.

The last time I read the rules I didn't see one about a limited per day thread or post count.

I'm sorry if you thought I was being horrid to you. I was taken aback by how quickly you could post so many threads about unknown folks. If I came across as horrid, that wasn't my intent.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ceege View Post
    I'm sorry if you thought I was being horrid to you. I was taken aback by how quickly you could post so many threads about unknown folks. If I came across as horrid, that wasn't my intent.
    Don't worry about it!
    I have a vast love of a whole range of stars as a lifelong movie buff! I have 2 I.T qualifications and type fast!
    I make a list beforehand of my current favourites and then my fingers do the talking.
    I think this thread is an attack on me by a few rather than a general view.
    Ceege, I don't count you amongst my detractors

Totally keep doing what you're doing but don't get all high drama about it. I don't know where you dig them up.

Don't worry about it!
    I have a vast love of a whole range of stars as a lifelong movie buff! I have 2 I.T qualifications and type fast!
    I make a list beforehand of my current favourites and then my fingers do the talking.
    I'm glad for that then.

Vlad's threads on these "obscure" actors remind me that there is a lot of hard work, sacrifice and heartbreak (in other words, real life) in private lives of these actors. Not everything in the Movie Industry is glamorous. It's a job that pays the bills, that's all.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Armcast View Post
    Vlad's threads on these "obscure" actors remind me that there is a lot of hard work, sacrifice and heartbreak (in other words, real life) in private lives of these actors. Not everything in the Movie Industry is glamorous. It's a job that pays the bills, that's all.
    Thank you Armie

I love your posts Vlad!

Vlad, i personally enjoy reading your posts on the little known people. I don't come on here a whole lot anymore and don't really enjoy reading thousands of posts that say the same thing over and over again about the same actors/actresses we have ALL talked about over and over again.
    I remember a day a couple of months ago when everyone was "bored." You reminded us that you had just posted something and that some of us may have found it interesting- sure enough- it was! So I thank you very much!

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Philliefan View Post
    I love your posts Vlad!
    Thank you my friend

Mods, please feel free to lock or delete this thread. I have utilised my ignore list where applicable and I feel it has served its purpose!

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyCurry View Post
    Vlad, i personally enjoy reading your posts on the little known people. I don't come on here a whole lot anymore and don't really enjoy reading thousands of posts that say the same thing over and over again about the same actors/actresses we have ALL talked about over and over again.
    I remember a day a couple of months ago when everyone was "bored." You reminded us that you had just posted something and that some of us may have found it interesting- sure enough- it was! So I thank you very much!
    Thank you kindly, and thanks everybody else who has added a kind comment
    (Vlad flies away from the thread!)

Well, heck, I didn't even know about Vlad's posts, and now I'm really curious!!!! I love the "obscure" stories as well. There is so much out there to take in. I'm going to go now to look for them!

Thanks, Vlad.

i think it is okay to have many postings by any one member - it is sorta like applying for a job - you get one interview per every so-many applications. not all postings are going to take off, but some will and add to the board. i think it is kinda silly to enforce some sort of rule on postings. isn't that what the board is about?

"To everything - turn, turn, turn...
    There is a season - turn, turn, turn...
    And a time for every purpose under heaven."

- The Byrds

I like the obscure ones too!

I think that every once in a while one of the forgotten ones really gets our attention...I'm just sayin that 50 threads a day is a bit much...Leave some for another day...Too much information like that is bound to fall through the cracks...It's better to focus attention on a couple other than puttin them ALL out there on the table all at once...I do know what this forum is about...That's why I'm here...I am SO guilty of gettin caught up in others personal lives...That's just who I am...I try to be an understanding and comforting individual...So if someone is suffering even the smallest of tragedy or personal loss I always read it...Even if I don't respond...That's what family is all about...So the "neighbor's kitty just had a litter" stories really don't bother me...SO, now that everyone's ignore list is updated...I suppose there is really nothing left to be said...

Quote Originally Posted by howDIDyouBUYit? View Post
    I think that every once in a while one of the forgotten ones really gets our attention...I'm just sayin that 50 threads a day is a bit much...Leave some for another day...Too much information like that is bound to fall through the cracks...It's better to focus attention on a couple other than puttin them ALL out there on the table all at once...I do know what this forum is about...That's why I'm here...I am SO guilty of gettin caught up in others personal lives...That's just who I am...I try to be an understanding and comforting individual...So if someone is suffering even the smallest of tragedy or personal loss I always read it...Even if I don't respond...That's what family is all about...So the "neighbor's kitty just had a litter" stories really don't bother me...SO, now that everyone's ignore list is updated...I suppose there is really nothing left to be said...

This is a good point as well.

Don't worry about it!
    Vlad, I wasn't attacking you. So please don't think that. I've been interested in more than a few of the threads on actors you have started. I don't care if you start 50 threads a day... just spacing them out a little would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by gemini33 View Post
    Vlad, I wasn't attacking you. So please don't think that. I've been interested in more than a few of the threads on actors you have started. I don't care if you start 50 threads a day... just spacing them out a little would be nice.
    That's what I'm sayin...

Love your Threads Vlad on the Actors and Actresses ... lots of times esp. with the Photo's I will recall seeing someone and read up on them and find out what became of them .. I learn a lot and appreciate your Threads .. you are always gracious in your response to everyone that contributes further or has something to add.. it's actually like a sanctuary over there as most of these other threads get done in before they get started.. something you may want to comment on goes down hill fast and there is nothing to add further ... I have already let you know how I feel about this Vlad and I am putting in my two cents here also..

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzyann2007 View Post
    Love your Threads Vlad on the Actors and Actresses ... lots of times esp. with the Photo's I will recall seeing someone and read up on them and find out what became of them .. I learn a lot and appreciate your Threads .. you are always gracious in your response to everyone that contributes further or has something to add.. it's actually like a sanctuary over there as most of these other threads get done in before they get started.. something you may want to comment on goes down hill fast and there is nothing to add further ... I have already let you know how I feel about this Vlad and I am putting in my two cents here also..
    Thank you Lizzyann, that means a lot to me

Sacramento, CA, Currently in Daegu, South Korea
    No need to stop Vlad, your threads are valuable to the site. I don't think we need to limit the number of threads a poster can make. Just like it wouldn't be fair to limit the number of posts a person can make a day or ask members to spread their posts and not post too much at once.

There's no one better than Eddie Vedder! <3

People that EVERYONE here had heard of...
    Well, I'm glad Scott didn't stick to that. If he had, I'd never have heard of the scandalous Albert Dekker and a few others. Now, you know, what can I say? Ol' Albert's a favorite, naturally, LOL.

There are also people posted who's names I've seen here or there before, such as Cantinflas but had no idea who they were when I saw their names on movie marquees many years ago as I drove by. Many of you did though. Thanks to someone posting about him, I do too now.

In other words, what (and who) is obscure to me, might not be to you and so on.

"There will be no spectacular ending for this mess when it happens " (Mansfield67, 2019).