Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: River Phoenix - Warning Dead Pic!

KarmaKat Guest
    River is one of the first celebrity deaths I really remember. I cried for days. Such a waste of talent. Just imagine the roles he would have been playing now.
    Also he was supposed to play the reporter in "Interview with the Vampire". Christian Slater replaced him.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaKat View Post
    Also he was supposed to play the reporter in "Interview with the Vampire". Christian Slater replaced him.
    That would have so made up for casting Tom Snooze.

kaylie Guest

lets compare shall we?

ok..who was more talented....michael david morrison or loser river? hehehe.....

and river was a teen idol...and set a bad example......for so many of his teeny bopper fans!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kaylie View Post
    ok..who was more talented....michael david morrison or loser river? hehehe.....

and river was a teen idol...and set a bad example......for so many of his teeny bopper fans!
    Wow harsh much? What'd he ever do to you?

BetteDavisEyes1986 Guest
    River wasn't a loser, he was just young and addicted. No reason to call a dead guy a loser, let him rest in peace

Flowergrrl Guest
    Don't feed the Troll.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratgrrl View Post
    Don't feed the Troll.
    Wiser words....

kaylie Guest

his death is why i started drugs

i snort cocaine once in awhile......and i want to od.....been a goal in life for years....river showed our generation how to go in life....do drugs and od! easier than getting older.....

and i think 34 is time to od..hehehe...

lisalouver Guest
    Don't feed the Troll.
    Ain't that the truth!

kaylie Guest

love your sig ratt!

hey...i love your sig..hehee......easy to od than get older isnt it?

LaynesGirl Guest
    Running on Empty
    The Mosquito Coast (With Harrison Ford)
    Little Nikita
    Stand By Me

These were my absolute favs! I was so in love with River, I miss him a lot!

**Jenna** Guest
    Seeing that coffin picture of River totally scared me away from drugs. And those stupid afterschool specials. River was really talented, personally I like him better than his brother. I liked Running on Empty and Sneakers.

13. 03-28-2008, 05:34 AM

dirk diggler Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheBoss View Post
    Help! When I google Linda Davis (as I am prone to do when I can't place a face) all I get is that country music star. I know that can't be her, right? Can someone post a link or picture?
    This is Judy Davis the actress.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JDavis_150.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	276.0 KB 
ID:	4592  

KarmaKat Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by laynestaleyfan2 View Post
    Seeing that coffin picture of River totally scared me away from drugs. And those stupid afterschool specials. River was really talented, personally I like him better than his brother. I liked Running on Empty and Sneakers.
    Oh wow Sneakers! I had forgotten about that movie. River showed some great versitility in this movie. Highly underated imo.

RaRaRamona Guest
    That's one a favorite movies. My favorite line is when Stephen Tobolowski & Mary McDonnell decide to have breakfast the next morning & he says "Should I call you or nudge you?" LOL Gross!

17. 03-28-2008, 03:24 PM

kaylie Guest

river deserved to die!

he got what he deserved....GOOD RIDDANCE! there are so many other kids stars who are just as talented and dont do drugs...he wanted to be bad! he was out to set a bad example to his teen fans...HOW DARE HE? good riddance to this junkie!

yes sneakers was a good film

Dylgem22 Guest
    he got what he deserved....GOOD RIDDANCE! there are so many other kids stars who are just as talented and dont do drugs...he wanted to be bad! he was out to set a bad example to his teen fans...HOW DARE HE? good riddance to this junkie!
    And just earlier in another post you said you love dead druggies .. hmmm ..

River did drugs knowing he could someday die, but maybe he didn't actually think it could happen to him .. I miss what he could have become and all the movies/music he could have made the past 15 years, or so ..

I love the movie Dogfight with him .. I just think its so funny the way he acts in it!

Quote Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
    This is Judy Davis the actress.
    I still can't believe the things she said about River after he died. I just don't know how anyone can say that about someone.

kaylie Guest

judy davis

i dont blame her..river was a spoiled brat who didnt appreciate anything he was given, hollywood and good looks....something judy would kill for.....looks that is!

that is why i say good riddance.....he deserved to die....and some dead druggies i do like...not river...cause he didnt live past stripper age...thats all he is good for

he was a very bad influence on society! he is why i started drugs..and he showed me an easy way out...that i never thought of prior ......loser river i call him.....

**Jenna** Guest
    I'm not being mean kaylie, but how is it River's fault you did drugs? I liked River but he didn't influence me to take drugs. I didn't even know he did them until he died.

Layne - Don't feed the trolls...

She's just trying to get a rise out of someone. It won't work here.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

i dont blame her..river was a spoiled brat who didnt appreciate anything he was given, hollywood and good looks....something judy would kill for.....looks that is!

that is why i say good riddance.....he deserved to die....and some dead druggies i do like...not river...cause he didnt live past stripper age...thats all he is good for

he was a very bad influence on society! he is why i started drugs..and he showed me an easy way out...that i never thought of prior ......loser river i call him.....

It's fantastic when the potential for intellectually stimulating debate manifests itself.

Hasn't happened for a while though.

**Jenna** Guest

River Phoenix

Layne - Don't feed the trolls...

ok

Flowergrrl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by laynestaleyfan View Post
    I'm not being mean kaylie, but how is it River's fault you did drugs? I liked River but he didn't influence me to take drugs. I didn't even know he did them until he died.
    It's interesting you would bring that up... I had no idea he did them either. I was totally shocked when I heard how he died.

**Jenna** Guest

River Phoenix

It's interesting you would bring that up... I had no idea he did them either. I was totally shocked when I heard how he died.
    If the internet or the media was then like it is today, we probably would've known alot of things about him we didn't want to.(Sorry if this doesn't make since, can't type and talk on phone at the same time!)

**Jenna** Guest

Question

Sorry if this has already been asked but in the movie A thing called love,when Samantha Mathis sang was that her own voice or did she lip sync.

annannanna Guest
    Last night on this horrid reality show about mothers who want to make their kids famous, they visited the night club River died at. It was on MTV or VH1 or something. The host took the parents there to let them reflect on the fact if their kids became famous they could end up dead from drugs.

**Jenna** Guest
    That's awful. How did the mothers react.

annannanna Guest
    All these moms did not belive it would happen to their child.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by annannanna View Post
    Last night on this horrid reality show about mothers who want to make their kids famous, they visited the night club River died at. It was on MTV or VH1 or something. The host took the parents there to let them reflect on the fact if their kids became famous they could end up dead from drugs.
    I bet Rocky toked it up in the bathroom. Those people are sick. I've seen less than five minutes of that show & I want to arrest the lot of them.

"Do YOU have the it factor? SAY IT!"

**Jenna** Guest
    I have not watched it. Only seen commercials for it. I would not want my child being a star even if he made tons of money and could buy me a nice house.

kaylie Guest

caleb snyder

ok, i want to ask if anyone knew that michael david morrison did drugs before he died? and wasnt he a child star? i cant find much info on him other than what has been mentioned on this board? also, does he have the 'it' factor? would you want your child to be a soap star? i believe michael died at the same apartment heath ledger died at!

**Jenna** Guest
    ok, i want to ask if anyone knew that michael david morrison did drugs before he died? and wasnt he a child star? i cant find much info on him other than what has been mentioned on this board? also, does he have the 'it' factor? would you want your child to be a soap star? i believe michael died at the same apartment heath ledger died at!
    I didn't know he did drugs until he died. Don't know much about him except he played Caleb Snyder. Don't have a clue if he was a child star or not.

kaylie Guest
    ok, i looked him up and it looks like his first role was in 1983.....hobsons choice.....he was born in 1960.....dont think he was a child actor......but would you want your kid to be a soap star? he only played caleb on the soap......didnt do much else!

If the internet or the media was then like it is today, we probably would've known alot of things about him we didn't want to.(Sorry if this doesn't make since, can't type and talk on phone at the same time!)
    I didn't know it either. When I found out about his death I was shocked it was an OD. I always figured he would go drowning in Wheatgrass juice or something.

Sorry if this has already been asked but in the movie A thing called love,when Samantha Mathis sang was that her own voice or did she lip sync.
    I do believe Mathis sang those songs as well as River (I know River did). I have this movie, but barely watch it. It was the last one completed before his death and he just does a horrid job in it. The movie isn't great to start with and watching River, knowing in 4-5 months he would be dead is really sad.
    For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

RaRaRamona Guest

I do believe Mathis sang those songs as well as River (I know River did). I have this movie, but barely watch it. It was the last one completed before his death and he just does a horrid job in it. The movie isn't great to start with and watching River, knowing in 4-5 months he would be dead is really sad.
    That *is* sad. What was her excuse?

Unfortunately - she has none. This could be why her career tanked after that movie.

Mornin' RaRa!!!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Unfortunately - she has none. This could be why her career tanked after that movie.

Mornin' RaRa!!!
    Mornin! Nothing like panning young actresses early in the am. Before my coffee even!

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    Mornin! Nothing like panning young actresses early in the am. Before my coffee even!
    Just noticed you're from N'ville - you knew "Thing Called Love" was filmed there, right?

At any rate, we're sorta neighbors - I'm comin' to you out of Tupelo. Hubs is actually going to be in N'ville Saturday. His plane lands there and he'll drive home (down the boring Trace).

RaRaRamona Guest
    Just noticed you're from N'ville - you knew "Thing Called Love" was filmed there, right?

At any rate, we're sorta neighbors - I'm comin' to you out of Tupelo. Hubs is actually going to be in N'ville Saturday. His plane lands there and he'll drive home (down the boring Trace).
    A lot of bad movies are filmed here. Haha j/k

LOL You sound like a trucker "I'm comin at ya..." I like that.

I used to travel the Trace a lot when I lived in 'ole Alabam. Remember the stories about the drug runner & his night vision goggles? Scary!

kaylie Guest

who looked worse....

OK did you watch caleb snder in his last days? he looked and was acting really bad......performance wise in his last few months...it was so obvious right...

ok...did michael look as bad as river in his last movie....hehehehehehehhehehehhe....

Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    LOL You sound like a trucker "I'm comin at ya..." I like that.

I used to travel the Trace a lot when I lived in 'ole Alabam. Remember the stories about the drug runner & his night vision goggles? Scary!
    Oh, Lord - I'm anything but a trucker...

I had forgotten about the night vision goggles! THAT brings back memories! Actually, bad ones...

kaylie Guest

River Is Why I Started Drugs

hey..river is why i started drugs...and i wish him to suffer in hell cause he was rotten and evil...and i want to od like him.....have wanted to for years.....

KarmaKat Guest
    Don't feed the trolls...

Got to keep repeating this to myself at the moment. Just keep thinking so not worth it. So not worth it.

Flowergrrl Guest
    You're probably right... However, I still wonder about River.

Got to keep repeating this to myself at the moment. Just keep thinking so not worth it. So not worth it.
    It doesn't matter now, they've been banned.

KarmaKat Guest
    It doesn't matter now, they've been banned.[/quote]

Oh that just made my day. No more obnoxious, annoying and despespectful PM's.
    Thanks for banning her!

BetteDavisEyes1986 Guest
    Hallelujah now I know why im drinking a margarita its the perfect time to celebrate the banning of the trolls!!

RaRaRamona Guest

Yaayyy! It has been SO HARD for me! I have deleted so many posts LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes1986 View Post
    Hallelujah now I know why im drinking a margarita its the perfect time to celebrate the banning of the trolls!!
    WHoohoo I know it girl.

Oh that just made my day. No more obnoxious, annoying and despespectful PM's.
    Thanks for banning her![/quote]

You got them, too? Wow, I thought she just picked me because I called her a troll in another thread. I didn't respond to her, I just asked LayneStanley not to feed the trolls.

Well, I don't feel special anymore.