Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Murder of Model Linda Sobek

Lily_Aleister Guest

melmoney Guest
    I remember watching a Forensic Files episode on her murder and they showed a picture of Linda in the shallow grave. Surprisingly, she had been well preserved.

Quote Originally Posted by melmoney View Post
    I remember watching a Forensic Files episode on her murder and they showed a picture of Linda in the shallow grave. Surprisingly, she had been well preserved.

Ooo know where I can see?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

RubySlippers Guest
    i have seen it too. drives me nuts that girls would just go off with strangers...i mean, really.

Was he ever convicted?

Guest Guest
    Fascinating case, I wasn't previously familiar with it. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Was he ever convicted?

I believe he was, but not in connection with her murder. He had killed a couple of girls who were aspiring models. I think.. or am I thinking of another case *scratching head*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

sunshine74137 Guest
    I think he did get convicted of her murder, they busted him in court for doctoring up the photos he took of her that day and the make of SUV wasn't even the same. What a dumb***. that pretty much cooked his goose. Linda was dating Fabio at the time I think

Fabio is gross

sunshine74137 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Fabio is gross
    LOL, it was the 80's, a decade of gross, maby they shared hairspray

MAMA2AROTT Guest
    I remember when this happened and watching the news reports when she went missing.

GODDESS6 Guest
    linda was beautiful, it's a tragedy what that monster did to her~ wasn't she at one time a raiders cheerleader too?~

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine74137 View Post
    LOL, it was the 80's, a decade of gross, maby they shared hairspray

just for you
    Last edited by findadeathaddict; 03-15-2009 at 08:43 AM.

bblvnvelphy Guest
    i heard about this case in my criminal justice class. its so sad. her body was preseved well though, it was amazing.
    didn't the guy end up killing himself or something??

Lisamarie Guest
    Get the pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sunshine74137 Guest
    Yes she was a raiderette, supposedly she wasn't very talented but she was just so likable it worked she also was in an episode of "married with children"

Tracyb24 Guest
    Linda was dating Fabio at the time I think

She was lovely. She could have did much better than Fabio.

sweetie103 Guest
    I visited my friend who was a video editor at his work. While I was there I noticed, sitting on the desk was Linda's resume and her photo. It was creepy seeing it since this was right after she was murdered. They had pulled it out of their files from their list of actors they used as extras.

JestersKiss Guest
    Cool post, got me searching now

JestersKiss Guest

found this book,,,,anyone read it

Crabby Appleton Guest
    This case is about to be shown tonite on "Bio channel - City Confidential" 7:00pm EST.

cachluv Guest
    I would so entirely do Fabio. He'd stay done too. I'm glad no one else likes him, just like pie, it's more for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    I would so entirely do Fabio. He'd stay done too. I'm glad no one else likes him, just like pie, it's more for me.

lol

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    First of all, this post is classic, Bon you make me laugh girl. Hard, too!

To the topic at hand, there was an episode of "City Confidential" devoted to the Linda Sobek murder, it's several years old at this point though so I don't know if it's still in rotation or available to watch anywhere. Good episode though, creepy.

it's on bio channel right now. The guy, rathbun, was a jerk. He supposedly tried to kill himself a few times but the officers thought it was not real attempts, that it was more for like attention. Where she was found, they say is a popular dumping ground for bodies. Someone here wanted to be able to stumble on a dead body...try going there it sounds like a good spot to try.
    Last edited by Donnagg123; 03-09-2009 at 09:23 AM.

Kimmell Guest
    Anyone have the crime scene photos?

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    I believe he was, but not in connection with her murder. He had killed a couple of girls who were aspiring models. I think.. or am I thinking of another case *scratching head*
    Also Kim Pandelios

http://www.unsolved.com/ajaxfiles/so..._pandelios.htm

james1977 Guest

Glad They Got Those sCUMBAGS

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    The oldest line in the business. You oughta be in pictures. I'd be a sweet photographer. But I am not going to do that. Put a phony ad in a magazine then, on-line, now. I guess they're still on-line. Lots of men still try to meet girls that way. But these fools are sick S.O.B's. The Linda Sobek killer got life with parole. What a sick animal. Why do girls still go on photography model assignments.? And a lot still go to mens houses or studios for shoots. Non-nude and nude. Still find it hard to believe they would do this. I read some guy put an ad on-line for models. And 2 . 18 Year old girls. Beautiful girls were at his door. I think girls are just too young and trusting and a lot still don't tell their parents what they are doing or going. There should be some sort of a screening agency or something. Unbelievable.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by james1977 View Post
    The oldest line in the business. You oughta be in pictures. I'd be a sweet photographer. But I am not going to do that. Put a phony ad in a magazine then, on-line, now. I guess they're still on-line. Lots of men still try to meet girls that way. But these fools are sick S.O.B's. The Linda Sobek killer got life with parole. What a sick animal. Why do girls still go on photography model assignments.? And a lot still go to mens houses or studios for shoots. Non-nude and nude. Still find it hard to believe they would do this. I read some guy put an ad on-line for models. And 2 . 18 Year old girls. Beautiful girls were at his door. I think girls are just too young and trusting and a lot still don't tell their parents what they are doing or going. There should be some sort of a screening agency or something. Unbelievable.
    A lot of agented models are encouraged to not go with anyone without checking with their agency first, and even then, not go on shoots alone. A truly legitimate photographer will have no problem with anyone accompanying models (and by law, a parent or guardian must accompany anyone under 18) - as a matter of fact, they too will encourage models to bring a friend. It's also been told to models to let someone know where they are at all times, a contact phone number, and when they are expected to return.
    Last edited by PurrPurr; 07-20-2010 at 07:27 AM.

Hippo Guest
    The thing is, Charles Rathbun WAS a real photographer, fairly successful, also. I believe that Linda had also worked with him before, and nothing happened.

I think I'm getting confused with a different case, a Kristi Johnson, who went with a guy who SAID he was a photographer, but it was just a ruse.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
    The thing is, Charles Rathbun WAS a real photographer, fairly successful, also. I believe that Linda had also worked with him before, and nothing happened.
    Kind of makes you wonder what made him crack, doesn't it?

I think I'm getting confused with a different case, a Kristi Johnson, who went with a guy who SAID he was a photographer, but it was just a ruse.
    I remember reading about that too. Sick freaks out there.

Hippo Guest
    To PurrPurr:

I don't know what happened with Charles Rathbun. He was apparently quite talented and doing very well.

The other guy, forgot his name, was PRETENDING to be a photographer or a casting agent and trying to entice young women to go with him, and Kristi Johnson unfortunately fell for his trick.

PurrPurr Guest
    Speaking of creepy guys, anyone remember the Christopher Wilder spree killer case down in Florida (I think it was sometime in the 80's), known as "The Beauty Queen Killer?" He used that line on a lot of girls too, mostly trolling malls and places like that. I think a few of his victims are still missing to this day.

LemonPopsicle Guest
    My old boss had a Raiderette poster hanging in the office that had her on it, and that girl Gretchen who went out with OJ. I read in a book that she wasn't a very good dancer or anything but she was all personality and that's what sold them on her.

Mammy Guest
    I remember watching a crime show about this case, but I don't remember which show it was. They did an interview with her mom and it was so heartbreaking. After he was found guilty, she said something along the lines of if there was truly justice, she could have her daughter back. She looked so lost and sad that it made me cry.

james1977 Guest

Heartbreaking

Quote Originally Posted by mammyofthree View Post
    I remember watching a crime show about this case, but I don't remember which show it was. They did an interview with her mom and it was so heartbreaking. After he was found guilty, she said something along the lines of if there was truly justice, she could have her daughter back. She looked so lost and sad that it made me cry.
    I remember the vulture media covering the story in 1989 and her poor mother. She saw Linda on T.V and she just groaned. Oh No. So heartbreaking. Those poor parents. We know how it feels to lose a loved one but we do not know how it feels to have a child murdered, or do some of us know that? What a nightmare. What can we say.? Our world is over. Our entire world. Our entire existence is over. Sort of like a Nuclear Bomb blowing up our last world. I know that from losing loved ones. But damn ,losing a child to murder.? It must be 20 times worse. Those poor parents. I don't even wanna have a kid. Murderers should be put down. After seeing and hearing the parents cry, we should all agree.

Heavenly Tiger Guest
    I remember the Forensic Files show on her too. She was in shade in a dry climate and her body preserved well. I felt that it was vindication for that horrid predator that killed her. They showed him to and he looked nasty and unkempt to me which made me wonder why alarm bells didn't go off for her.

trishsixxm Guest
    How long was she missing before her body was found?

Oogie Boogie Guest
    I saw this case last week on City Confidential; it was really disturbing. The murderer/photographer didn't look like a pervert or anything; which just goes to show you that you can't tell just by looking at them.

Linda was a very pretty girl, but she was only 5'4. I'm not sure how successful she'd have been as a model unless you only need to be tall to work the runway and not for print work?

They interviewed her mother and my heart just broke for her. Linda and her mom had the same gorgeous blue eyes.

aedgar5000 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by trishsixxm View Post
    How long was she missing before her body was found?
    Eight days.

Anyone find photos yet I am looking for them.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogie Boogie View Post
    I saw this case last week on City Confidential; it was really disturbing. The murderer/photographer didn't look like a pervert or anything; which just goes to show you that you can't tell just by looking at them.

Linda was a very pretty girl, but she was only 5'4. I'm not sure how successful she'd have been as a model unless you only need to be tall to work the runway and not for print work?
    I think the only actual modeling she did was calendar and bikini work. She would've gone far had she'd been taller. Linda was gorgeous IMO.

Is there pictures of her murder / murder scene??? here???

All I could find was this:

from: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=linda...w=1600&bih=711
    Last edited by Tiffany; 08-22-2011 at 10:28 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DrDeath Guest
    Yeah I've had a scout around the usual places and can't find anything that didn't contain a virus....

ozzysmom Guest
    Her story is on Forensic Files right now. I'm still amazed at the condition of her body when they found her. No noticeable decomposition at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    Her story is on Forensic Files right now. I'm still amazed at the condition of her body when they found her. No noticeable decomposition at all.
    I don't have cable but I have FF on Netflix. I wish they would update it. I want to watch this episode. Thanks for sharing. I'll be on the lookout for it.

Seagorath Guest
    Happens all the time. Females, especially young ones, don't think or use judgement properly. Hence is why they will continue to get their asses raped and murdered...as evidenced by the news reports I read each week.

Just last night...I saw a pretty young white girl, stumbling down the street...probably drunk from the bar. A carload of "dread locked" black dudes drove up...whistled and said a few things. The girl then stopped, and had some banter with them. She then got in the car with them.

If my daughter did that...DISOWNED.

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    i have seen it too. drives me nuts that girls would just go off with strangers...i mean, really.

The scum sodemized her with a gun! I hope he rots in hell
    For those asking about photos of her corpse this show has them starting after 16:17 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILpwXv_HmXI
    I told my lawyer he's better step it up or we would both end up on an episode of "SNAPPED"

Quote Originally Posted by baroque1 View Post
    For those asking about photos of her corpse this show has them starting after 16:17 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILpwXv_HmXI
    Holy shit!

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by baroque1 View Post
    Whoa. Great find. I had no idea about the gun sodomy bit. I'd seen several shows on it too. Well done!!